Sony Retail Site?

rocksolidaudio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I hear tell that Sony recently started a retailer prize program, similar to Microsofts'. Anyone have a link to their site? I can't find it for all my Googling skills, and a search here turned up nothing. This is legit too (I work for EB), so no need to make a fuss. Thanks for any help offered.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']I hear tell that Sony recently started a retailer prize program, similar to Microsofts'. Anyone have a link to their site? I can't find it for all my Googling skills, and a search here turned up nothing. This is legit too (I work for EB), so no need to make a fuss. Thanks for any help offered.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is. Contact your Sony rep for the address. I won't give it out. But I will say this. It's both better and worse. You CANNOT miss a question. It will just tell you that it's wrong and you pick another one. Tests are worth 100 points each, but there are only about 30 or so of them. Games start around 1175 points. they have odd totals to them. Not many games/items to choose from. Only Sony products. Worst thing is that they say 4-6 weeks for shipping. And there is no charge for items (so they say).

yes there is indeed a sony site... an employee at my local EB the other day showed me the package the sony rep dropped off... he said although it advertises great games like god of war... the newest thing they have is like ratchet and clank up your arsenal

IDK... I dont work retail so I dont fuck around with it

[quote name='iheartmetal']yes, there is a sony site, please dont abuse it[/QUOTE]

But abuse the fuck out of the MS site?

Not directed at you personally but it IS heavily abused.Ill get the info from my SOny rep when I see him again and post it.

yeah theres a site, if you work retail just get it from your rep, if you dont work retail, then you dont need the address so theres no need to post it.. from what i was told from our rep, sony actually verfies information to process prize redemption.

[quote name='DX']Why do you people feel the need to protect Sony?[/QUOTE]

why do you feel the need to rip off microsoft and sony... yeah they are multi billion dollar companies, but these are awesome insentive programs for employees of retail. if the abuse was bad enough they could pull the plug, this is a favor from the companies, its not a right

[quote name='iheartmetal']why do you feel the need to rip off microsoft and sony... yeah they are multi billion dollar companies, but these are awesome insentive programs for employees of retail. if the abuse was bad enough they could pull the plug, this is a favor from the companies, its not a right[/QUOTE]

Um....I work retail that sells videogames.;)

Just that MS site is abused to hell so why protect Sony?

[quote name='DX']Um....I work retail that sells videogames.;)

Just that MS site is abused to hell so why protect Sony?[/QUOTE]

im aware of the abuse, and im saying its a problem, and id back both companies up on it, just because ms is abused doesnt mean that sony should be abused too, abuse for both just should not exist. its too bad they dont actualy check out who is signed up

I work for retail, and eerytime the REP for sony comes in I never work that day(only comes on WED), i only see the MS rep.

ok, let me reword this, because i'm not getting any help thus far:

i understand that a sony retail site exists - i just found out today at work. not from the sony rep (whom i've never seen in eight months of working there), but from a co-worker. i need said website address to access the site, and haven't been able to locate it myself. can someone who participates in the program please PM it to me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here - if you'd like, you're welcome to my employee number and store phone number. i understand some people take advantage of such offers illegally, but i shouldn't have to go through such a hassle when requesting something simple legitimately. so please, someone, for the love of fuck, PM me the address.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']ok, let me reword this, because i'm not getting any help thus far:

i understand that a sony retail site exists - i just found out today at work. not from the sony rep (whom i've never seen in eight months of working there), but from a co-worker. i need said website address to access the site, and haven't been able to locate it myself. can someone who participates in the program please PM it to me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here - if you'd like, you're welcome to my employee number and store phone number. i understand some people take advantage of such offers illegally, but i shouldn't have to go through such a hassle when requesting something simple legitimately. so please, someone, for the love of fuck, PM me the address.[/QUOTE]

ditto :D

same here , I work in retail , I used the MS site(when I had an xbox) But I never see the sony rep anymore.So some help would be nice..

Well if someone doesn't mind please PM me the address. I honestly do work retail (I work at Sears in the electronics department).. thanks.

[quote name='iheartmetal']im aware of the abuse, and im saying its a problem, and id back both companies up on it, just because ms is abused doesnt mean that sony should be abused too, abuse for both just should not exist. its too bad they dont actualy check out who is signed up[/QUOTE]

It's not a problem. MS DOES check for employment, and why do you think they took the steps to limit people to one copy of each title?They knew what people were doing with those games. Also ms charges your CC and, if you do not work in retail . You don't get a game & the charge stays on your card.

Lol, we don't even have a Sony rep. We have a Nintendo rep and an Xbox rep but nothing from Sony. We (when my store opened) had a person from Sony come in and bring a binder and posters, never to return. All our demo discs and proganda are now sent via UPS to us from Sony. Can't do anything with the demo discs though since our PS2 (old style) has been broken for 8 months. Of course, they would know that if they had a rep in our area. I will look in the Sony binder at work for an address but I highly doubt the binder has been updated since the store opened.

I got a whole package in the mail last week about it. They made it sound like it was the greatest thing in the world. So far it's terrible. While the quizzes are quite easy, the prizes suck and are very expensive. I'm not going to take 30 minutes of my free time just to win a copy of Dark Cloud 1 or Jax & Daxter.

MS retail site rules :)

[quote name='Scahom1']I got a whole package in the mail last week about it. They made it sound like it was the greatest thing in the world. So far it's terrible. While the quizzes are quite easy, the prizes suck and are very expensive. I'm not going to take 30 minutes of my free time just to win a copy of Dark Cloud 1 or Jax & Daxter.

MS retail site rules :)[/QUOTE]

could you please pm the site to me?

[quote name='js1']It's not a problem. MS DOES check for employment, and why do you think they took the steps to limit people to one copy of each title?They knew what people were doing with those games. Also ms charges your CC and, if you do not work in retail . You don't get a game & the charge stays on your card.[/QUOTE]

They check for employment, but they don't check for CONTINUED employment. A guy I used to work with is strill using the site, 2 years after he quit.

How often goes the Microsoft one get new games? Jade Empire is the only thing worth getting right now but I don't know to save my points or what.

Also I can't believe some you guys actually see your reps. I've never even seen my regional manager. I know the reps came in once because the xbox kiosk was cranked so loud that we had to unplug it and put it in the back.

AFAIK both sites check for employment (store numbers and employee numbers etc are the initial filter). As for "continued" employment, that is a consequence of the way their programs work and I am sure is something that is to be addressed at some point or another.

I happen to not have the sites, but I am pretty sure a simple google search brings up the MS Site.

If I did have the links, I would have no qualms about posting it because of aforementioned checks. Additionally, I am not aware of any "non-disclosure" agreement that would equate these programs to a secret society or whatnot. Again, the natural checks prevent anyone who is not supposed to use the program from indeed using it.

As for the OP, if you don't get help here, I'd say ask your manager or the co-worked who originally informed you of it.

I work for Gamestop at store 1626 (Ventura, CA). I'd appreciate it if someone would PM me the URL to the retail site. I tried searching Sony's official site, but I couldn't come up with anything.

I would also like to know the URL for the sony retail site. I work in retail also (Sears). If anybody would PM me the address I would be thankful.

I work at an EB (I usually post a lot of the EB sales, ask CheapyD). I never heard about sony's retail site, but then again the last few months I've been busy with school. If someone has the link please PM me when you can. Thanks.

Reality's Fringe]They check for employment said:
He's right... I used it with a job I had three years ago, and even changed my sending and billing address and kept on using it.

I don't use it anymore, though... but they don't really check for continued employment, unless something changed this year. I could probably still log into my account with all my points and get some games - hell, they still send me the quizzes to do by email.

well, if someone decideds to give it out please pm it to me(or just freakin post it here already!). I work at meijer.

This is stupid. Whoever has it should just post it. It's not your job to "protect" Sony...

It's like your ex-girlfriend saying they didn't want to hurt you and that's why she broke up with you, to protect you. The worst BS answer ever.

So this is what the pamphlet at my work says. Too bad I can't get it to work.

rlf.us.playstation.com.registration

I tried it with a "/" instead of a "." after com but no luck. Why can't this be easier to figure out?

[quote name='js1']It's not a problem. MS DOES check for employment, and why do you think they took the steps to limit people to one copy of each title?They knew what people were doing with those games. Also ms charges your CC and, if you do not work in retail . You don't get a game & the charge stays on your card.[/QUOTE]

They don't check everyone, lol. I am not employed currently, and I never was employed at a place that sells games. I signed up, and got Jade Empire a few weeks ago.

[quote name='Superstar']They don't check everyone, lol. I am not employed currently, and I never was employed at a place that sells games. I signed up, and got Jade Empire a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

oh, well...Nice job stealing a game you should not be able to get!

[quote name='js1']oh, well...Nice job stealing a game you should not be able to get![/QUOTE]

Pay $9, or $50? I'd rather pay $9. I don't pay $50 for games

[quote name='KingofGames']I work for Gamestop at store 1626 (Ventura, CA). I'd appreciate it if someone would PM me the URL to the retail site. I tried searching Sony's official site, but I couldn't come up with anything.[/QUOTE]

I can vouch for him..he rocks!

Also, please PM me a link as well. My sony rep sucks

[quote name='Superstar']Pay $9, or $50? I'd rather pay $9. I don't pay $50 for games[/QUOTE]

The point is YOU should NOT be able to get any games!

[quote name='js1']The point is YOU should NOT be able to get any games![/QUOTE]

It works, so i'll use it. If I wasn't supposed to they would check everyone, wouldn't they? Not my fault theres flaws.

[quote name='ananag112']I do not work for any retailer or anything. About how much do you all save on games through this program?[/QUOTE]

You end up paying just for shipping which is about $8 per item. Some things, like Fuzion Frenzy, it's not really worth it but I got Halo 2 and Forza for $16. It's a few bucks cheaper to combine in one order. Only takes maybe 10 minutes to earn enough points for either of those games.

Also I called and emailed Playstation today about the retail website. The email I was able to direct to human resources so they should be able to help. I could only call Customer Support and the guy had no clue what I was talking about. I'm supposed to get an email reply in 24-48hrs.

And guys chill. I'm just another ordinary guy who happens to work in a game store. Sure I might learn a new thing or two about the Xbox and its games that I didn't know but that doesn't mean I'm going to pass that along to customers. Far as I'm concerned I'll point everyone to the Gamecube. I feel bad whenever I sell someone a Area 51 or Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition. It's equivelant to selling someone shitty drugs. Sure, it's still a video game but it sucks and you'll be pissed you spent $50 on it. So if someone is taking advantage of something that I happen to be able to take advantage legally and they're getting away with it, fine. At least I don't have to worry about getting caught or in trouble somehow.

If someone has the link, can I get it. I work at blockbuster at the moment and am about to quit because it sucks. It would be great if I could get some cheap games before I do though.

[quote name='Superstar']It works, so i'll use it. If I wasn't supposed to they would check everyone, wouldn't they? Not my fault theres flaws.[/QUOTE]

Congrats on getting the one order through. However you should be weary of doing any other orders from them. At some point, they will require you to provide proof of employment. If you can not provide it at that time, they will go back and charge your credit card the full $50 for any past games you had ordered. Just be warned.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Congrats on getting the one order through. However you should be weary of doing any other orders from them. At some point, they will require you to provide proof of employment. If you can not provide it at that time, they will go back and charge your credit card the full $50 for any past games you had ordered. Just be warned.[/QUOTE]

I was only planning on using it that one time, to get Jade Empire. It would be stupid to pay $50 when you don't have to. I don't buy many new xbox games, so it's useless to me now. Thanks for the warning though

[quote name='dhrez']. I feel bad whenever I sell someone a Area 51 or Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition. It's equivelant to selling someone shitty drugs. Sure, it's still a video game but it sucks and you'll be pissed you spent $50 on it. [/QUOTE]

I'm sad whenever people buy decent games too.

bread's done
Back