Sony Store - 50% Off Last Marked Clearance Price - YMMV!

@FIF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Popped into the Sony Store in Pentagon City, VA to kill time while waiting for a Genius Bar appointment next door and stumbled on a great sale - all red tagged clearance items are 50% off the last marked price. There was official signage, so this may be at all Sony Stores.

EDIT: To be clear, these were (or would be) final prices. Tag prices were 2x what's listed below. Prices were reduced at by 50% at checkout.

EDIT2: CAG's are reporting that their stores aren't offering discounts or are discounting at different rates. Looks very YMMV.

I picked up --

Journel Collectors Ed: $10
Killzone Trilogy: $15
Lollipop Chainsaw: $5
Mass Effect Trilogy: $20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: $10
Metal Gear Rising: $25

Also saw (PS3) --

Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy: $15
Assassin's Creed III: $20
Borderlands 2: $20
Crysis 3: $25
Dead Island GOTY: $7.50
Dishonored: $20
DMC: $25
Infamous Collection: $12.50
Lego Batman 2: $12.50
Max Payne 3: $12.50
MLB 12 The Show: $7.50
Need for Speed Most Wanted: $25
Prototype 2 (Radnet): $10
Resident Evil 6: $15
Sleeping Dogs: $15
Walking Dead Survival Instinct: $20

And a few Vita games --

Lego Lord of the Rings: $7.50
MLB 12 The Show: $7.50
Reality Fighters: $5
Resistance Burning Skies: $10
Silent Hill BoM $10
Smart As: $5

Oh, and Aliens Colonial Marines for $15. That sure hit the floor quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice deal. Would love to pick up MGR and DmC at $25 a piece!

Anyone in Orlando have any luck at the Millenia store?

No go at the store in Boca. They are offering an additional 40% but only on a select few games on a table. Even had them ring up some red tagged games in the case and no discount.

Anyone knows if Pes 2013 is included on the sale, I have Fifa 13 , but I have heard good things about Pes 2013, so I wanna give it a try if I can get it cheap

[quote name='smokeyp31']Anyone knows if Pes 2013 is included on the sale, I have Fifa 13 , but I have heard good things about Pes 2013, so I wanna give it a try if I can get it cheap[/QUOTE]

I feel like you posted this exact same thing earlier.

[quote name='@FIF']Those were tag prices at my store, but there was a sign for an extra 50% off last price. Like this:

dqrcpl.jpg

A but hard to read on the resized photo, but under PS3 Clearance games it says "Off Already Reduced Prices" and "All Sales are Final"[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can post your receipt? If it's per store, I will try to have them pricematch to the store location in the OP.

[quote name='karkyco']Any chance you can post your receipt? If it's per store, I will try to have them pricematch to the store location in the OP.[/QUOTE]

I'll post receipts when I get home from work tonight.

I'll probably swing by century city store later this week. Anyone stop by there and can give an inventory?

If they still have it, I'll at least get MGS HD for vita for $10.

I dont know why it double posted my reply, I just posted once, then the system asked me to login again, maybe thats why it double posted itself

Called the outlet by me and they said they have mostly newer games but they are also 50-75% off.

I didn't want to make him list them all but I'll stop out there in a bit

They didn't have KZ Trilogy or MGS Hd :(

[quote name='iKhaotic']Nice deal. Would love to pick up MGR and DmC at $25 a piece!

Anyone in Orlando have any luck at the Millenia store?[/QUOTE]

Curious about this as well. I was just out there yesterday and was too lazy to walk to the other end just to see if there were any good deals at the Sony Store. Ugh...hahah.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Damn! Why can't I have a Sony store near me? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I have one Sony Store near me, but the game selection has always sucked. Oh well. Win some, lose some.

[quote name='proKoyeon']hmm I wonder if I should swing by the Galleria[/QUOTE]

Dallas or Houston? I'm considering hitting up Dallas today since I might actually be in the general vicinity, but may not be worth it if the discounts vary by location.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Dallas or Houston? I'm considering hitting up Dallas today since I might actually be in the general vicinity, but may not be worth it if the discounts vary by location.[/QUOTE]

heh Houston..it's just a hassle to park and get around that area, it's probably just not worth it

[quote name='starkillr']You got lucky. They said that sale is only on the weekends when I went to pentagon city[/QUOTE]

That's screwed up. I walked in Monday near closing and the staff immediately suggested I check out the "super cheap" games.

Title should be changed to YMMV. Sony store @ the Americana didn't yield prices such as yours. Smart As @ $9.97. Metal Gear Revengeance @ $59. ME Trilogy@ $49.97. DMC still at $59.

Well situated bum playin MLB 13 was reekin. Didn't have time to look and assess other game prices.
Cag reportin out.

[quote name='proKoyeon']heh Houston..it's just a hassle to park and get around that area, it's probably just not worth it[/QUOTE]

I'm in San Marcos,

But I also called the outlets over here. Will post update in about an hour

I went to the Sony Style Store Branch (NYC) and the only thing I saw was a couple of games on sale for 50 % off. I also saw Lollipop Chainsaw for $9.97. I saw MGR for $49.99, RE 6 for 29.99, and ME Trilogy for 49.99. My branch didn't have a lot of PS3 and vita games on top of that. I felt disappointed but oh well. Keep on gaming!

[quote name='proKoyeon']heh Houston..it's just a hassle to park and get around that area, it's probably just not worth it[/QUOTE]

Not worth it, clearance games rang up as their posted prices...

[quote name='AdvOfJet']No go at the store in Boca. They are offering an additional 40% but only on a select few games on a table. Even had them ring up some red tagged games in the case and no discount.[/QUOTE]

I was actually just about to head out to check this store. Remember any of the games that were on the table, just out of curiosity?

[quote name='@FIF']That's screwed up. I walked in Monday near closing and the staff immediately suggested I check out the "super cheap" games.[/QUOTE]

I went at the pentagon city store at lunch time today and pickup silent hill for the vita. The staff told me the 50% sale is on the weekends. so i will not open it and return it on saturday and hopefully i can rebuy it with resistance burning skies way to go sony store for fucking over the customers with BS

[quote name='killer_xx']I went at the pentagon city store at lunch time today and pickup silent hill for the vita. The staff told me the 50% sale is on the weekends. so i will not open it and return it on saturday and hopefully i can rebuy it with resistance burning skies way to go sony store for fucking over the customers with BS[/QUOTE]

Was the 50% off sign still sitting on top of the clearance rack? Either they screwed you over, they lied to you, or they left the signage out too long and gave me the wrong prices on Monday.

Now I have to post receipts to show I'm not a quack. fucking Sony! :bomb:

[quote name='zerobscure']Title should be changed to YMMV. Sony store @ the Americana didn't yield prices such as yours. Smart As @ $9.97. Metal Gear Revengeance @ $59. ME Trilogy@ $49.97. DMC still at $59.

Well situated bum playin MLB 13 was reekin. Didn't have time to look and assess other game prices.
Cag reportin out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the head's up, but did you have them actually scan the games?

[quote name='OsCream']Has anyone checked South coast plaza or any San Diego stores?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to check South Coast Plaza later this afternoon. I'll post later if the stuff is on sale.

Hunts like these are always a painful debate on the wasted gas money + time effort against the potential score. Calculations, calculations, decisions, decisions.

[quote name='TooPoor']Hunts like these are always a painful debate on the wasted gas money + time effort against the potential score. Calculations, calculations, decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]

fuck it, I'm not bothering. I did very well at the Century City store when this latest clearance round began a month or two back, but there are too few locations in SoCal with far too much competition, and the YMMV-ness of this deal is just not worth the time and gas. Seems like this bonus % off is at the individual manager's discretion, like Best Buy per store manager's clearances.

Fortunately pentagon city mall is above the metro in DC area, so no wasted gas, just company money :) OP I think they just hooked you up cuz a manager wasn't around or something lol. It's too bad cuz I could've walked out with a lot of goodies. MGS HD is gone though.

[quote name='@FIF']Was the 50% off sign still sitting on top of the clearance rack? Either they screwed you over, they lied to you, or they left the signage out too long and gave me the wrong prices on Monday.

Now I have to post receipts to show I'm not a quack. fucking Sony! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

There was no sign the guy I called to hold the silent hill game for me ask one of the other employers was the 50% sale still going on and she said weekends only @_@.

[quote name='karkyco']fuck it, I'm not bothering. I did very well at the Century City store when this latest clearance round began a month or two back, but there are too few locations in SoCal with far too much competition, and the YMMV-ness of this deal is just not worth the time and gas. Seems like this bonus % off is at the individual manager's discretion, like Best Buy per store manager's clearances.[/QUOTE]
Ha, so you were the one who cleared out Century City last time?

[quote name='TooPoor']Ha, so you were the one who cleared out Century City last time?[/QUOTE]

I took both copies of fall of cybertron and amazing spider man and the only copy of dungeon hunter alliance when I was there, but everything else I took had multiple copies :)

I feel like the stores are given leeway. The 30% sign I saw was only 3 days, until the end of march, but they still gave it to me.

No go at the Century City store. I asked one of the workers there about the additional 50% and he had no clue what I was talking about. :(

[quote name='gedean']No go at the Century City store. I asked one of the workers there about the additional 50% and he had no clue what I was talking about. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for checking. How was their stock? The Beverly Center had a crap selection before so I won't even bother calling them.

[quote name='iaacp']The store in Philadelphia has no such sale, called and checked.[/QUOTE]

Ha, thanks for letting me know, even if your lying and swiping up the sales all for yourself!

[quote name='Rasen']I was just at a Sony Store in Tysons corner, and they had different prices. They offered 30% off the red-tagged games, so ME trilogy came out to $35, AC trilogy $20.

But on the plus side,

Vita SFxTekken came out to $16, Silent Hill Book $14, and Hot Shots $7

No Lolipop Chainsaw though. Boo.

Has anyone had any luck trying to get Sony Stores to PM each other?[/QUOTE]

I wish I had seen your post before I called the store (well at least I can confirm that it IS 30% off), but that sucks, it isn't a 50% off. I'd be all over AC3/trilogy, Sleeping Dogs, and SH:BoM. If they do indeed PM other Sony stores, then I'm definitely all over that.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Ha, thanks for letting me know, even if your lying and swiping up the sales all for yourself![/QUOTE]
Yeah, it wouldn't make a difference to you anyways. Just be glad you saved the gas money.

That's why I like it when people report they swept all the copies, I don't care if you flip it or whatnot, but it's good courtesy to let others know.

[quote name='itzknickknac']I wish I had seen your post before I called the store (well at least I can confirm that it IS 30% off), but that sucks, it isn't a 50% off. I'd be all over AC3/trilogy, Sleeping Dogs, and SH:BoM. If they do indeed PM other Sony stores, then I'm definitely all over that.[/QUOTE]

50% would have been awesome, but 30% is nothing to sneeze at either. Still the best prices out there for those games.

Whack. No extra discount on red tag games at Costa Mesa. Saw journey and silent hill bom for 20 each but still too much for me. Still cool. Walked by to sears and found out they have an open box of the move bundle for 10 plus an extra 50%. Paid 5 for it.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Thanks for checking. How was their stock? The Beverly Center had a crap selection before so I won't even bother calling them.[/QUOTE]

Stock was pretty decent actually. They had tons of vita games and a handful of ps3 games however all were still at the same pricepoint from the original clearance markdowns.

bread's done
Back