Sony Store - 50% Off Last Marked Clearance Price - YMMV!

@FIF

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Popped into the Sony Store in Pentagon City, VA to kill time while waiting for a Genius Bar appointment next door and stumbled on a great sale - all red tagged clearance items are 50% off the last marked price. There was official signage, so this may be at all Sony Stores.

EDIT: To be clear, these were (or would be) final prices. Tag prices were 2x what's listed below. Prices were reduced at by 50% at checkout.

EDIT2: CAG's are reporting that their stores aren't offering discounts or are discounting at different rates. Looks very YMMV.

I picked up --

Journel Collectors Ed: $10
Killzone Trilogy: $15
Lollipop Chainsaw: $5
Mass Effect Trilogy: $20
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: $10
Metal Gear Rising: $25

Also saw (PS3) --

Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy: $15
Assassin's Creed III: $20
Borderlands 2: $20
Crysis 3: $25
Dead Island GOTY: $7.50
Dishonored: $20
DMC: $25
Infamous Collection: $12.50
Lego Batman 2: $12.50
Max Payne 3: $12.50
MLB 12 The Show: $7.50
Need for Speed Most Wanted: $25
Prototype 2 (Radnet): $10
Resident Evil 6: $15
Sleeping Dogs: $15
Walking Dead Survival Instinct: $20

And a few Vita games --

Lego Lord of the Rings: $7.50
MLB 12 The Show: $7.50
Reality Fighters: $5
Resistance Burning Skies: $10
Silent Hill BoM $10
Smart As: $5

Oh, and Aliens Colonial Marines for $15. That sure hit the floor quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Damn! Why can't I have a Sony store near me? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Chuck Stank']No stores in Indiana. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Well, when your town hits a population threshold, they will open a store there. So.....get to it?

[quote name='gedean']Stock was pretty decent actually. They had tons of vita games and a handful of ps3 games however all were still at the same pricepoint from the original clearance markdowns.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I will check-in later then.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Could anyone hook a JerZ Boi up?

Joking coukd anyone please help me out?[/QUOTE]
I don't even think this deal has reached this level of ubiquity yet.

[quote name='strait edge follower']anyone went to the manhattan sony store today ? if so i need a status report lol[/QUOTE]

From a few pages back.

"Just got back from the NYC store...the store is still barren.

I saw...Lollipop for $9.97, ME Trilogy $40, MG Rising $50 (or $59 can't remember exactly) and RE 6 $30.
They also had AC III and AC Ezio Trilogy but I didn't check the prices. No other PS3 game listed in the OP was even in the store and none seemed to be at those super attractive prices. I went to the guy and mentioned they hadn't gotten stock in a while and asked if they would be stocking more games in the future. His answer was sorta unsure so we may be out of luck in the future out here."

I was going to go there during lunch, but after reading this, nah.....

No extra 50% @ Tulalip. However they did have Smarts As for 9.99 (Still has 2 copies left) so I Picked that up since they did not have it a month ago when I went in to pick up some of the other clearance games.

I stopped at the Sony Outlet in Central Valley, New York and barely anything was on clearance, even titles from the previous clearance were still regular price. They did have an excessive amount of copies of Smart As so I picked it up to make up for taking the 20 minute trip out there. I was going to ask for a price check on MGS if Smart As rang up for the additional 50% off but of course it rang up for $9.97. I also had my girlfriend check the Sony Store in Edison, New Jersey and she said that they had the titles but not for the 50% off. She was told that by an employee that the titles were only ringing up for between 15-20% off. So don't waste your time checking the Edison store, unless you're okay with only getting 20% off.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Damn! Why can't I have a Sony store near me? :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Maybe it's for the best. Otherwise, my wallet, cash, credit cards, etc. will go broke many times, lol.

Just visited the Cherry Creek (Denver), CO store since I'm on vacation here and have absolutely nothing to report. The prices for the PS3 games which were on clearance were nothing to gawk at, most at the price listed in previous posts ($49 MGR, $39 MET). Of the 8 Vita games total they had, 6 were on clearance, and besides SxT ($24.xx), nothing worth playing even.

[quote name='@FIF']Those were tag prices at my store, but there was a sign for an extra 50% off last price. Like this:

dqrcpl.jpg

A but hard to read on the resized photo, but under PS3 Clearance games it says "Off Already Reduced Prices" and "All Sales are Final"[/QUOTE]

dude anyone else look at that picture for a few minutes and fill like your falling sort of freaking FREAKY

[quote name='rioskenny']can someone from puerto rico tell me if these offers are here too? last time i wasted my time going to the store :|[/QUOTE]

I went to plaza this morning and they still don't have a clearance section (or if they do it is well hidden). So, no sales there as far as I can tell (no signs or anything).

Went to the store in Las Vegas. I told them about the CAG website and the sale. That triggered a great conversation with an employee and the manager.

I received interesting information. The store at Pentagon City is an Outlet. Sony does do promos company wide. However Outlet store promos differ from Retail store promos.

They had alot of the games OP mentioned but were double in price from what he saw. Since the store he went to was an Outlet and the Las Vegas one is Retail that would explain the difference in prices.

Would have been nice to pick up some games at ridiculous prices but even though that didn't happen it was still a fun trip. The store is at the Caesars Palace Forum shops on the Strip, so there are worse places to be for sure :).

[quote name='Francision']Went to South Coast Plaza earlier. I can confirm there's no sale. Tried to ring up RE6 and it went to 29.97 :([/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for reporting that. I was planning on stopping by there tomorrow but I guess that's not going to happen.

That interesting but according to the Sony Store website, the Pentagon City store is a RETAIL store, not an Outlet store.
You can Google it yourself.

I wonder if that store is just weird.

[quote name='Oblivieon']Went to the store in Las Vegas. I told them about the CAG website and the sale. That triggered a great conversation with an employee and the manager.

I received interesting information. The store at Pentagon City is an Outlet. Sony does do promos company wide. However Outlet store promos differ from Retail store promos.

They had alot of the games OP mentioned but were double in price from what he saw. Since the store he went to was an Outlet and the Las Vegas one is Retail that would explain the difference in prices.

Would have been nice to pick up some games at ridiculous prices but even though that didn't happen it was still a fun trip. The store is at the Caesars Palace Forum shops on the Strip, so there are worse places to be for sure :).[/QUOTE]

Hrm. They're in one of the nicer malls in Northern Virginia. Interesting that it's technically an outlet. Never heard that before. Sucks that so few stores are running the promo. Shots of my receipts are under spoiler tags on off chance they'll help someone PM (and to prove that the deal was, at some point, live).

2qa3d4g.jpg

2u4u2k6.jpg

[quote name='StryderOmega']Flipping some MGS HD collections or something? Jeeze lol[/QUOTE]

I said earlier that I cleaned out the MGS HD's. Resold them to CAG's. I took two ME3 Trilogies (one for my brother) and singles of everything else. In retrospect, I should have wiped out the store.

[quote name='GodofGambler']Maybe it's for the best. Otherwise, my wallet, cash, credit cards, etc. will go broke many times, lol.[/QUOTE]

This. I was ready to spend bout $100 worth. It's a bittersweet feeling. Bitter that prices didn't match and i wasted gas. Sweet that I didn't spend anything.

Why would Best Buy pricematch a boutique store like Sony Style? These hardly exist anywhere. Furthermore, what store price matches another's clearance? Good luck with that.

[quote name='breakfuss']Why would Best Buy pricematch a boutique store like Sony Style? These hardly exist anywhere. Furthermore, what store price matches another's clearance? Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]
Can't blame those CAGs for trying. I have seen crazier PMs.

If your Sony store/outlet is within 25 miles of your BB, they should PM the prices there. I called and the one near a Sony store said they'd match as long as it was in stock.

[quote name='@FIF']Hrm. They're in one of the nicer malls in Northern Virginia. Interesting that it's technically an outlet. Never heard that before. Sucks that so few stores are running the promo. Shots of my receipts are under spoiler tags on off chance they'll help someone PM (and to prove that the deal was, at some point, live).

2qa3d4g.jpg

2u4u2k6.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting those pics. If it's not too much trouble, could you upload a version of the second receipt that has the price for Mass Effect Trilogy? It's juuuust cut off at the bottom.

Just got back from my store @ Madison Ave.(NYC) and they did not have the extra 50% off. I even had them scan a game and it came out as marked. Disappointed to say the least. May go back next Monday but not holding my breath since the games I was most interested on (Journey and NCAA Football) were gone, unless they re-stock. But I doubt that very much.

[quote name='BABETOOTH']Just got back from my store @ Madison Ave.(NYC) and they did not have the extra 50% off. I even had them scan a game and it came out as marked. Disappointed to say the least. May go back next Monday but not holding my breath since the games I was most interested on (Journey and NCAA Football) were gone, unless they re-stock. But I doubt that very much.[/QUOTE]

whats left over there ?

No additional discounts at the Valley Fair (San Jose) location. Tried to ring up Lego Batman (red tag marked $24.9x?) and it rung up at that price.

Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure they'll all ring up at the price sticker listed. It's up to the clerk to apply the discount, which is why their name is shown next to the item being discounted.

Again, I don't have much hope for Sony Stores PMing other stores or vice versa, but again I wonder if Sony Stores will match each other?

[quote name='Rasen']Here's the thing: I'm pretty sure they'll all ring up at the price sticker listed. It's up to the clerk to apply the discount, which is why their name is shown next to the item being discounted.

Again, I don't have much hope for Sony Stores PMing other stores or vice versa, but again I wonder if Sony Stores will match each other?[/QUOTE]

Clerk's name shows up on the receipt for normal sales too.

Went back to PCity earlier today and the signage was down. I also got the line about it being a weekend offer even though I got the deal on a Monday (and from two different clerks, before and after my Genius Bar appointment).

I guess I'll try to swing by again over the weekend, but I'm not expecting much. Funny (and sad) how poorly staffed and organized the Sony store is compared to the Apple store right next door.

[quote name='@FIF']Funny (and sad) how poorly staffed and organized the Sony store is compared to the Apple store right next door.[/QUOTE]
I find it ridiculous that Apple staff members are referred to as "Genius".

[quote name='TooPoor']I find it ridiculous that Apple staff members are referred to as "Genius".[/QUOTE]

Hah. My daughter got hold of my phone and shattered the screen. Call them techs or grunts or whatever you want. I'll go with the company line when I'm treated well. :D

Damage was clearly my fault, but Genius Bar Man swapped my phone for a refurb. unit no questions asked. In and out in under 10 minutes. Even offered to copy my photos, etc. to a drive in case I didn't have a recent backup.

[quote name='@FIF']Hah. My daughter got hold of my phone and shattered the screen. Call them techs or grunts or whatever you want. I'll go with the company line when I'm treated well. :D

Damage was clearly my fault, but Genius Bar Man swapped my phone for a refurb. unit no questions asked. In and out in under 10 minutes. Even offered to copy my photos, etc. to a drive in case I didn't have a recent backup.[/QUOTE]

YEP, completely agree. Apple has THE best customer service, bar none.

[quote name='breakfuss']YEP, completely agree. Apple has THE best customer service, bar none.[/QUOTE]
Completely disagree. Alienware does.

[quote name='Anexanhume']#-o
You realize Alienware = Dell, right?

Also, http://www.jdpower.com/content/pres...-customer-service-champions-press-release.htm[/QUOTE]
Of course I do (Geez, what an insult to my intelligence :bomb:). But they have a dedicated customer service line. I don't know if you can still use it if you bought the machine at retail stores other than their site.

Dell's customer service is the absolute worst I have seen, they couldn't even give me the correct rack last time I bought a $5000 server.

[quote name='@FIF']Went back to PCity earlier today and the signage was down. I also got the line about it being a weekend offer even though I got the deal on a Monday (and from two different clerks, before and after my Genius Bar appointment).

I guess I'll try to swing by again over the weekend, but I'm not expecting much. Funny (and sad) how poorly staffed and organized the Sony store is compared to the Apple store right next door.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I stopped by the store before closing (~9:20pm) and had them price-check ME Trilogy and MGR: Revengeance. Needless to say, I was disappointed that they were back up to $49.99. :cry:

[quote name='bob330i']No additional discounts at the Valley Fair (San Jose) location. Tried to ring up Lego Batman (red tag marked $24.9x?) and it rung up at that price.[/QUOTE]

Were there any 32 gb vita memory cards on clearance?

I figured since I was in Vegas for vacation I'd checkout the Sony store - sadly no additional 50% off prices shown as another CAG pointed out. I would have loved Metal Gear Rising for $25.

[quote name='@FIF']Hah. My daughter got hold of my phone and shattered the screen. Call them techs or grunts or whatever you want. I'll go with the company line when I'm treated well. :D

Damage was clearly my fault, but Genius Bar Man swapped my phone for a refurb. unit no questions asked. In and out in under 10 minutes. Even offered to copy my photos, etc. to a drive in case I didn't have a recent backup.[/QUOTE]

Depends on the store and rep that you speak to. My son dropped my iTouch and cracked the screen. Asked that I pay the fee to replaced iTouch which was almost the cost of a new iTouch. Eventually replaced it with a new iTouch 2 months later not because of the glass but the volume was stuck on up. Co-worker who accidentally dropped his iPhone in the pool was expecting to pay the 150 to replace the phone but gave him a free replacement.

bread's done
Back