SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

Off topic: Is Soul Calibur III really that bad? Just played it and It didn't seem so.

I'm going to get the 360 version regardless, but that PS3 cover looks so bad ass.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Off topic: Is Soul Calibur III really that bad? Just played it and It didn't seem so.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I think the main gripes are that it wasn't as balanced as the first 2 games. But that's the kind of stuff only the hardcore fighting game fans are really going to notice.

If you're a casual, button masher kind of player you probably won't notice the difference too much.

But that's just my take from reviews, I didn't get around to playing it.

Anyone know if the import cover's will have this ugly ass shit or the SW characters or will the SW characters be exclusive to the U.S.? If not I would like Namco to give me an option to lock them in game. I don't even want to see them in my selection menu.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I think the main gripes are that it wasn't as balanced as the first 2 games. But that's the kind of stuff only the hardcore fighting game fans are really going to notice.

If you're a casual, button masher kind of player you probably won't notice the difference too much.

But that's just my take from reviews, I didn't get around to playing it.[/quote]
I didn't spend a lot of time playing SC or SC2 ... or SC3 for that matter so I can't comment on specifics. And when I say "a lot of time," I didn't spend more than a month on it, which may be plenty of time compared to most casual gamers.

There were a lot of weird bugs in SC3. I think the big one was the throw glitch where certain backturning throws (like Setsuka's and Zas), if you pressed G22, you could turn around and cancel the throw which could make for some ridiculous combos.

I thought SC3 was fun though, I dunno what anyone else is talking about...

from the fighter thread:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento'] ghey ripoff elf link gal:

1205305829633.jpg
[/quote]

I'm still don't understand why they can just throw star wars characters into the SC universe. It doesn't make sense, light sabers against Swords? And won't yoda be harder to hit since he's so short? Confusion aside, I'm really excited for this game. It's been a long time since we've had some decent crossovers.

I think it would be awesome if this was a test ground for a Namco/Lucas Arts collaboration for a Star Wars fighting game... Finally, Jar-Jar Binks Vs. C-3PO. :)

Yea, the crossovers in SoulCalibur II were cool, but that was about 5 years ago, and I don't think we've had anything like that since then... i think, not sure...

I've always hated Star Wars/Yoda, PS3 version for me. Green midgets with beam swords just ain't my thing.[quote name='InuFaye']

Soul Calibur 1 will still be the best.[/quote]

Word, bitch! SC1 like a muh'fucka. /jay

[quote name='tiredfornow']Green midgets with beam swords just ain't my thing.
[/quote]

Thats what she said.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I like the 360 boxart way better, because Hilde > Ivy. I really rather hate Ivy.[/quote]

But Ivy can do summon suffering!! 376231 a+b is so much fun!

[quote name='sleepy180']March 12, 2008 - New Soul Revealed!

Links little sister?

Looks like she is wielding a rapier like Raphael[/quote]

Elf girl? GOTY!

Scheherazade (no need to translate the katakana, her name is right there in English) seems a little out of place, design-wise, to me. I'm not really too keen on her.

I look at her and I fucking can't stop thinking "Gatchaman."

[quote name='SpazX']They need to control themselves with the tits, seriously.[/QUOTE]
I hate to have to say it, but that's very true. Ivy and Sophitia look fucking trashy.

Elves have basically always been flat chested haven't they? I can't really think of one big breasteded elf girl in any japanese game or anime.

Also is it delusional that I still hope they put in Guts from Berserk as a playable character?

Just looked at the female character design drawings for the first time. This is worse, more blatant T&A than Dead or Alive. I didn't think it could get worse than DOA, but Namco actually managed it.

fucking disgusting.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just looked at the female character design drawings for the first time. This is worse, more blatant T&A than Dead or Alive. I didn't think it could get worse than DOA, but Namco actually managed it.

fucking disgusting.[/quote]

The Elf girl is fine though right? She's pretty perfect design wise, and she isn't hanging all over the place.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Just looked at the female character design drawings for the first time. This is worse, more blatant T&A than Dead or Alive. I didn't think it could get worse than DOA, but Namco actually managed it.

I played Soul Calibur like crazy on DC and I played some Soul Calibur II, and it's pretty fucked up how they've increased that shit in this game. I dunno how it was in SC3, but I don't remember anything like that before. Only Ivy was the one with huge boobs. Now they all have ginormous tits and Ivy's just got even bigger.

Something can be said also about how the guys have to uber ripped, but at least that has to do with fighting. They're fighters, and chicks who would work out to fight and be ripped like the dudes wouldn't have these humongous boobs.

I like fighting. I like hot chicks. I like big tits. I am the average 22 year old male. I will buy this game.

Put 1 + 1 together people and stop bitching about big tits. Every game does it. Every game will continue to do it. Best to get over it now. Or else dont pick any females when you buy the game and enjoy your sausage fest.

[quote name='sleepy180']I like fighting. I like hot chicks. I like big tits. I am the average 22 year old male. I will buy this game.

Put 1 + 1 together people and stop bitching about big tits. Every game does it. Every game will continue to do it. Best to get over it now. Or else dont pick any females when you buy the game and enjoy your sausage fest.[/QUOTE]
This.

I'm definitely not going to complain. Also there's 3 females in the game that have a large chest. Sophitia, Taki, and Ivy. Two of which have always had big tits. So what's the surprise? Hilda, Cassandra, Seung Mina, Xianghua, and this new elf chick all have small-medium breasts. People need to stop acting like it's every female in the game.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']This.

I'm definitely not going to complain. Also there's 3 females in the game that have a large chest. Sophitia, Taki, and Ivy. Two of which have always had big tits. So what's the surprise? Hilda, Cassandra, Xianghua, and this new elf chick all have small-medium breasts. People need to stop acting like it's every female in the game.[/quote]

QFT.

It's really not a big deal to me, yes Ivy's are a little extreme but the rest are fine me thinks.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']This.

I'm definitely not going to complain. Also there's 3 females in the game that have a large chest. Sophitia, Taki, and Ivy. Two of which have always had big tits. So what's the surprise? Hilda, Cassandra, Seung Mina, Xianghua, and this new elf chick all have small-medium breasts. People need to stop acting like it's every female in the game.[/quote]

Actually IIRC, only Ivy really originally did in SC on the Dreamcast. They've upped Taki and Sophitia since the original and took Ivy way past disgusting (at least in that art).

Though I would say that DoA is worse as far as the ratio of normal:abnormal.

Would anybody over 13 really not buy the game if they didn't have huge tits and/or buy the game just because they had huge tits? Honestly. Maybe I'm just giving people too much credit.

I mean I can't say I'm surprised, given the target demographic, but it's not like guys are born to naturally want to see over-the-top huge breasts. It's because of media like this that you grow accustomed to it and expect/want it.

It's kind of insulting that one thing they feel needs to change from one game to another is bigger tits.

[quote name='MarkMan']^

Hi, Spawn, Link, Heihachi?

Yea.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, too -- they've got to do something with those moveslists from SCII ...

be quiet.

I need something to get off to.

[quote name='InuFaye']be quiet.

I need something to get off to.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I know a lot of the chicks have always been big-boobed. But their costumes are what's getting worse. Sophitia and Ivy have basically NOTHING covering their breasts. How the hell does that work in a fight? I guess it'd be a nice distraction if the opponent's male, but srsly.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']:lol:

I know a lot of the chicks have always been big-boobed. But their costumes are what's getting worse. Sophitia and Ivy have basically NOTHING covering their breasts. How the hell does that work in a fight? I guess it'd be a nice distraction if the opponent's male, but srsly.[/quote]
I think only Ivy's costume is pretty bad.

I only mind because I think there should be a certain subtlety to hotness. =) Big contrast to the hotness that is X with her short shorts! :bouncy:

IIRC, Sophitia had a bikini costume in Soul Blade.

Anyway, I can never take the stories and characters in a fighting game seriously. When the game starts it's all numbers and moves and strategies anyway =P

I don't really care.

I suffered though naked raiden, and his cartwheelofmanjunk. I should be allowed to enjoy fapping to my elf girls TA-TAs.

[quote name='kainzero']I think only Ivy's costume is pretty bad.

I only mind because I think there should be a certain subtlety to hotness. =) Big contrast to the hotness that is X with her short shorts! :bouncy:

IIRC, Sophitia had a bikini costume in Soul Blade.

Anyway, I can never take the stories and characters in a fighting game seriously. When the game starts it's all numbers and moves and strategies anyway =P[/QUOTE]
Sophitia even had a secret ending in Soul Blade where you could watch her take a bath in a hot spring.

And yes, Xianghua is smoking hot...

[quote name='InuFaye']I don't really care.

I suffered though naked raiden, and his cartwheelofmanjunk. I should be allowed to enjoy fapping to my elf girls TA-TAs.[/quote]

My Elf girl!!!

MINE!!!

Personally I always LIKED Ivy's costume though I don't mind chicks wearing leather. I have a real vinyl fetish past that. I wish chicks would wear THAT more often.

Well i just found the Character art for the new elf girl and so i hope all those people complaining about big tits on the characters skip this post, turn off their computers, run away and hide because the elf girl has big tits in the illustration too.

4schera080318rc2.jpg

That elf art better be concept only... it looks really basic for professional art (it looks nothing like the rest of the character artwork).

[quote name='willardhaven']That elf art better be concept only... it looks really basic for professional art (it looks nothing like the rest of the character artwork).[/QUOTE]

From what i've read so far on her, they went out of house to design this girl. Scheherazade was done by some other artist.

[quote name='sleepy180']From what i've read so far on her, they went out of house to design this girl. Scheherazade was done by some other artist.[/QUOTE]

She was designed by the guy who created this piece of shit anime series, RahXephon. Bleh.

Anyways, lol, he tits magically completely changed size between those two character arts.

[quote name='Sarang01']Personally I always LIKED Ivy's costume though I don't mind chicks wearing leather. I have a real vinyl fetish past that. I wish chicks would wear THAT more often.[/QUOTE]
No offense, but I'm glad that I'm not afflicted with such ridiculous expectations for daily attire. It must be a life of constant disappointment.

Nice RR, quoted by Eliza Gauger--she don't even work for Kotaku anymore?

"Someone researched late into the night"... lol.

I will need to ask the FT regulars again if they're getting this game. I'm still on the fence, although the PS3 w/Vader is tempting to me...

bread's done
Back