SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

[quote name='kainzero']do we really need to educate ourselves on why we like boobs?[/QUOTE]

no, but people saying how stupid it is need to realize it just helps the gameplay overall really as weird as that sounds.

Big bewbz would change the hitbox, I would think.

And the jiggle animations would certainly add some frame reference, amirite?

[quote name='sleepy180']Well i just found the Character art for the new elf girl and so i hope all those people complaining about big tits on the characters skip this post, turn off their computers, run away and hide because the elf girl has big tits in the illustration too.

4schera080318rc2.jpg
[/quote]

fuck yeah! The Elf girl just got 10X better, and I never thought that was possible! :razz:

That looks like a CG render instead of a hand drawing.

The lines are to neat for a hand drawing.

I'd still hit it.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']She was designed by the guy who created this piece of shit anime series, RahXephon. Bleh.

Anyways, lol, he tits magically completely changed size between those two character arts.

No offense, but I'm glad that I'm not afflicted with such ridiculous expectations for daily attire. It must be a life of constant disappointment.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect chicks to wear it everyday but it would be nice if that happened. I would be out of my mind happy if they came out with a healthy replacement for Vinyl.
Dude I still would like to add you to my XBL friends list as someone with an R-Type avatar can't be too bad for one. ;-)

[quote name='Sarang01']Dude I still would like to add you to my XBL friends list as someone with an R-Type avatar can't be too bad for one. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment, but I keep my XBL stuff very private. Nothing personal, I assure you.

You're not missing out on much; I'm really shit at most games.

[quote name='InuFaye']That looks like a CG render instead of a hand drawing.

The lines are to neat for a hand drawing.

I'd still hit it.[/QUOTE]

it's a hand drawing. it's just redrawn over the original.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it's a hand drawing. it's just redrawn over the original.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant. CG, especially when referring to anime stuff, often refers to two-dimensional drawings, done on a PC, usually with a tablet, and not just 3D CGI.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']No offense, but I'm glad that I'm not afflicted with such ridiculous expectations for daily attire. It must be a life of constant disappointment.[/quote]
given america's obesity epidemic, it's probably a good thing we don't see clothes like that in real life.

March 24, 2008 - Scheherazade In-game Screenshots

I dont know what happened to her boobs (or if that other art was just some fanart) but DO NOT WANT!

Maybe team soul started to read this thread and see all those people bitching about big tits and how they dont like em in their games so they did this. ARE YOU HAPPY!? Hopefully she at least plays well. But i think she looks ugly. Big boobs help hide the ugly.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Thanks for the compliment, but I keep my XBL stuff very private. Nothing personal, I assure you.

You're not missing out on much; I'm really shit at most games.[/QUOTE]

If you have some shmup's and RPG's in that list as well as fighters I wouldn't mind. I need as many of those people in my list as possible considering how few and far between we are, most preferring to dry hump Master Chief and others, at least for Gaijin, American one's I mean.

the boobs never changed. the scans I posted earlier showed screenshots of the same pics with same boob sizes and all... the only big boobs I see from this elf is that one illustration.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the boobs never changed. the scans I posted earlier showed screenshots of the same pics with same boob sizes and all... the only big boobs I see from this elf is that one illustration.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what i'm saying. Im thinking that the big boobs illustration was just a random fanart. Although i do think it looks better then the real artwork. The real artwork just doesn't seem as well done, and im not just talking about the tits. The overall drawing doesn't seem that great.

[quote name='ITDEFX']that outfit needs to be changed to accommodate her small bust.[/QUOTE]

My thinking as well, it looks odd on her, too over the top.

As much of a Star Wars Fan that I am...
does anyone else think that bringing the FORCE and LIGHTSABERS
against Soul Swords a bad idea?

Imagine this scenario...
Mitsurugi f***ing everyone one up, stage to stage.
Than a two foot jedi forces pulls Mitsurugi, and slices him in half with a lightsaber. :(
I guess all Iam saying is, I hope they plan on dumbing down the power of the force and lightsabers...I hate when theres a more dominant character in fighting games, over everyone else.

Looks like they went with another guest designer for this character also. Mine Yoshizaki, creator of the manga series sgt. Frog made this character based on another character he created earlier, Angol Mois.

1206440626120du1.jpg

Since it is based off of his other character angol mois, this character probably will be wielding a mace/rod combo.

moisqc6.jpg

That is his character so it might be something like that.

This artist exchange thing is really disrupting the cohesive look to all the characters. I didn't mind Darth Vader so much because was just one guy, but now we've got these two goofy-looking anime girls joining in. Did the in-house designers burn themselves out on Hilde?

While they're at it, where is Agent Ashley, once our dear comrade?

1206502044656na8.jpg

This character looks better then the last one imo. She has the whole spikey tits thing going and a third eye which is kinda wierd. She has a pretty badass spear thingy with a giant ball at the end.

[quote name='sleepy180']

This character looks better then the last one imo. She has the whole spikey tits thing going and a third eye which is kinda wierd. She has a pretty badass spear thingy with a giant ball at the end.[/QUOTE]

not to mention a cloth piece screaming for camel toe.

[quote name='sleepy180']
1206502044656na8.jpg

This character looks better then the last one imo. She has the whole spikey tits thing going and a third eye which is kinda wierd. She has a pretty badass spear thingy with a giant ball at the end.[/quote]

Wowz, these new characters are getting better and better IMO. This is the best one thus far IMO.

[quote name='metaly']This artist exchange thing is really disrupting the cohesive look to all the characters. I didn't mind Darth Vader so much because was just one guy, but now we've got these two goofy-looking anime girls joining in. Did the in-house designers burn themselves out on Hilde?

While they're at it, where is Agent Ashley, once our dear comrade?[/QUOTE]

Yeah ... I understand we're not dealing with the real world here, but these guest designer characters stick out like a sore thumb. I look forward to the next new character being a Mech, a schoolgirl/witch, or both.

[quote name='Silent Assassin120']Wowz, these new characters are getting better and better IMO. This is the best one thus far IMO.[/QUOTE]

nah i dont think anything can top hilde. She imo is the best. Plus unlike all these new ones, actually looks like she fits perfectly into the soul calibur universe. Not some anime/manga spinoff. Hilde ftw!

[quote name='Sulik2']Could we just get a complete Star Wars fighting game build using the Soul Calibur engine. Then my dream of fighting Tsavong Lah with Darth Vader could live.
Time to leave the realm of complete and total nerdom. I like the 360 box better. The black looks like it is distorting the faces in the PS3 one. Any news on when we are getting a release date? I really can't wait for this one, I am really expecting this to be more SCII than III.[/quote]

Oohh...the Yuuzhan Vong versus Star Wars characters would be freaking incredible. i would love that. The NJO books are some of my favorites in the entirety of the Star Wars Expanded universe. They really did that portion of the books well. They planned it out perfectly.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I did. Was it the worst in the series? Hell yeah (not counting Soul Blade). But I still liked it.[/quote]

SC3 absolutely sucks. My arcade has both, SC2 and 3 and SC2 still makes more money than number 3.

I kind of like the Xbox 360 cover, but it is definitely too bright. That's really the only reason why PS3 version looks slightly better.

Also, I really like the way Tira looks in this one. She was probably the best inclusion in SC3, or at best, the best thing they did to SC3.

Also, I like all the new guest artists' characters, with the only exception being Elf lady (she looked better with big tits). Hilde and white goth chick look cool.

The more and more I see of SCIV, the less and less I like it. First time that's ever happened for me with a game series I like. SCIV becoming more of an anime than what it use to be.

bread's done
Back