SoulCalibur IV - (10.17.08) - Vader/Yoda DLC set to release on 10/23 [400 points]

[quote name='Owen']I think sometimes people pick trash talking with the ratings as they think if you get enough of those that you will be banned from Xbox Live. I know I used to get that on games even when I never had my mic hooked up. If you play the WWE Smackdown games, you will see similar negative feedback as there are a lot of cheap players that get mad when you beat them.[/QUOTE]

I usually get "Quit Early", although I never quit early lol.

I got a lot of quit early complaints in VF5, though I think people were just mad that I kicked the shit out of them for 5 matches and then left.

[quote name='Chacrana']I got a lot of quit early complaints in VF5, though I think people were just mad that I kicked the shit out of them for 5 matches and then left.[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me in UMK and Halo.

I also get Quit Early and some with communications even though I never swear or trash talk anything online. Just people who are pissed off that you beat them. I've actaully lost most on Gears and CoD4.

However, I think I've actally gotten positive rep on SCIV. Im up nearly 10% since I've started. Im a pretty positive guy, aside from all the trash talkers, the few people that are willing to have a conversation on ranked matches are pretty cool, I've shared a few tips here and there, gotten into some character conversations, etc. And of course, it feels pretty good to get a "GG, you're the first real fight I had all day" message every now and then. Of course, Im also a contributer, I positive rep good players, and I usually hand out some quit early if they quit right before I beat them.

Going through this thread makes me angry.

I ordered via Amazon on the 12th. Still hasn't shipped from them. I thought the "FREE Super Saver" shipping would be media mail or something. I didn't realize the "free shipping" let them ignore the order for four or five days before shipping it. *sigh*

Guess I should've paid the couple bucks to actually get it shipped out faster.

[quote name='n8nmonster']sups, when would be a good time for you, B:L?[/QUOTE]

Now lol

GGs n8. Sorry, I don't have my bluetooth headset handy so I couldn't really hear you. :whistle2:#

I'm pooped from my trip back from NorCal, so I gotta bounce, but thanks for popping by for the tournament match. :cool:

That's the best Vader I've seen. I dare say it was better than Mark's Vader at Comic Con!

I don't use Vader, so it's okay. :)

Just ask n8 how many wins (starts with a 0 and ends with a 0) he has against me in SC IV. ;)

NAMU NAMU > heavy breathing

[quote name='MarkMan']Just ask n8 how many wins (starts with a 0 and ends with a 0) he has against me in SC IV. ;)[/quote]
you know...
zero to the zeroth power = 1

=)

i played online.

i fought some guy with an XBL "calipower" who played taki. he blocked amy's 3BA twice, and at that point i knew it was over.

dang SF gods =(

[quote name='heavyd853']Is it just me or does the ps3's online seem alot more stable that a couple weeks ago? (I moved out during that time)[/quote]

hmm... I'll give it a go, but probably the stress on the servers aren't as crazy as launch.

I heard CONK's Lizardman has been beasting as of late in SOCAL ;(

First tensaikun (lol) and then he took down Cynnik without losing too... ;(

Lizardman mixups is beast mode. We're holding an SD tournament sometime soon maybe, you gonna come down for it B:L ? ^_^

Who does everyone use now btw? And your impression on characters that are good/bad?

Right now I'm using Yoshimitsu, Cervantes, Amy. I got real bored of Amy quick... Yoshimitsu is so much fun. I get a real sense of satisfaction pulling off CH a:B+K, 3AB, a:B+K, 66B in matches lol. I also love iGDR combos with Cervy... 3B, 8A+K, iGDR~28B just screams style for me...

Also iGDR, 22B, 8A+K, iGDR~28B!

So far I think a lot of characters are buff. Which is good. I hope more and more stuff gets exposed so we can see how well the characters will hold up vs the rest of the cast. The only one I don't think is that good is Rock. But then again that's just cuz I'm usually comparing him straight up vs Asty.

Yeah, rock has always gotten the shaft but to be honest it seems he's made a huge improvement over his old self while Asty gets nerfed up the ass. Rock is my next character to learn. I'm slowly liking him more and more, but I'm still not 100% convinced yet.

They could have at least left some of his SC III stuff in, if he still had that Rock would be decent. I wish Astaroth was SC2 Astaroth X_X

I miss his old combos... esp post GI 22[K] into 214A catch......... damn it.

yeah, SC2 astroth felt like a true beast to be honest. I still can't say too much on rock ATM since I'm still learning him... never took the time in the other games.

on topic my mains are: Lizardman, Asty, Seigfried + Roy... and... i forget but I think I have one more.

Siegfried + Roy lol!

Yea, I'm going to Ivy next. She has some really beefy combos/followups. But her stance flow is something I really need to get used to. I need like to play just her for a few sessions so I can understand her better.

When I play vs n8nmonster (and only him), I love going into SWD stance with Ivy and whoring FC 3B and then when he finally ducks WS+B x infinity. I'm such an asshole lolol.

But usually I go for the mad stylings of SWD WS+B, BT A+B~A+K, CL 4BB~B+K, SWD 214K. fuckin mad sexy combo.

Done 0:34 into this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY7DyF_mul0

Been using Cassie and Sophie. Started out as mainly a Cassie user, but Sophie quickly replaced her. I've been getting pretty damn good with her as anyone who has played against me can confirm. I'm also trying to learn Seung Mi-Na.

Sophie is REALLY good. Even if she was nerf'd from SC3, she still holds it down. I honestly think she's a shoe in for top tier this time around.

I hate teh greek characters :lol:

it's probably because Lizardman has always been based off their moveset... damn namco for them loving cloning characters in their early years >_

[quote name='MarkMan']Who does everyone use now btw? And your impression on characters that are good/bad?[/quote]
I still use Cass, Amy, and a tiny bit of Setsuka.

Cass is still great. I'm getting used to punishing stuff now. 1A is a 58 damage low up close, 4BB:A for most follow ups, and the easy combo of 236:B, 236:B, 236B for any of those kinds of punishers.

Amy is okay. She seems pretty simple. 6BB236 mixups, 3BA, and her sick whiff punishers of 33B and 66A+B and that's really all I can think of.

I still really like Setsuka but I don't like playing her online. She has some really great JFs like 1B:B, 1A:A:A, and 214~3B:B which are hell to connect. Her umbrella (214~3b:A) is an awesome punisher, and whenever I play her she seems really strong.

Playing against people...
I'm still indifferent towards Mitsu. I haven't played any good Mitsu yet... it's usually just block and punish. I got really pissed off that I lost to a Mitsu online that just did a throw with B break, 1A, and 1AB, so I took an hour to learn how to GI 1AB on reaction and punish 1A with 236B every time. But anyway, he seems like a solid character, he does a lot of damage and 2KB is nearly impossible to see.

Sophie seems like a really good character. Good mid-low mixups and her unblockables are still really quick. She also seems really fast for some reason, like all her moves got sped up. Or maybe I'm just not used to her.

People are saying Taki got beaten with the nerf stick but from what I've played she still got some decent options. Ivy also seems really solid, but I don't know her moveset; she just seems to have options for everything at every range.

I tried to mess around with Seong Mi-Na but she seems really slow and linear. Also messed around with Hilde who also seems slow, and Apprentice who seems to be missing decent lows and consistent hitboxes... although his 236B is rad =)

Makes me almost want to learn her. I will one of these days.
I hate how Lizardman's 236 stays on the ground now. That's the main difference I noticed between him and the women.

I wanna see some good Yoshimitsus... When I tried the guy out on the first days, I was suprised at how cool and varied his moves where. And when I see people play him, all I see are after-battle suicide stabs, the same unblockables, no use of anything but his base throws, low applications of his helicopters or dual sword dashes... -yawn-

I feel like often times the only way to see the potential of certain characters is to learn to play them myself, lol. Which is nuts, I already enjoy Talim, Cervy, Algol, Zasa, and Amy (not really in that order, but Talim is number 1!) But I'd also love to jump on to playing Setsuka, Mi-na, Yoshi, Nightmare, Sophi... Oy.

And no one gives Yun-Seoung a chance, either! I think he's fun to watch fight, and seem to have strong variety and insane range for the type of weapon he has. But yet it's like he's on everyones blacklist, right beside Yoda and Rock...

I have to think Namco is doing themselves something of a disservice by keeping the last chara spot secret for this long, in a way. Whomever gets introduced last might have a hard time getting a following, thanks to everyone being so dead-set in their characters. Not to mention that a lot of players will probably stop playing, the longer they wait. I doubt casual fans will be playing SC hardcore for over 2 months or such. Especially with the claim that the last spot is not the Star Wars character from the other system. It'll have to be a pretty big, important chara, in order to be worth the wait... (Though I'd have no problem if it was a Hwang/Li Long reborn combo spot.)

[quote name='akilshohen']Makes me almost want to learn her. I will one of these days.
I hate how Lizardman's 236 stays on the ground now. That's the main difference I noticed between him and the women.[/quote]

well, that's a large difference with Lizzy since it's a stance that plays a large part in his play style. I originally hated it, but I've gotten so use to it now I can't see lizzy without it now. Plus that backroll kicks too much ass.

also, I have all weapons and items now other than the bonus guest character weapons in the upper right. after that I'm done with unlocking shit.

Aren't most of those Setsuka combos counterattacks? I know that with just about every character you can pull some silly crap with counterattack stun combos.

:lol: I'm only a few weapons away from unlocking them all... I would have had them last night if the power never went out due to the hurricane, but I'll try again tonight.

ah my bad guys. went to vegas this weekend.

So the finals are relentlessrolento vs B:L

and

Renagade_zero vs Outlawrz

or did your matches already take place?

bread's done
Back