Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that its not an best buy exclusive makes it easier cause I have Gamestop Credit to use. Or possible go to Target and get a 5% discount on top of that.

Edit: Damnit but the 5% Red discount wouldn't make it a "$15" purchase.

It's also 10 receipts per email, so if you happen to go crazy with this promo you can just make a new yahoo email and continue sending receipts.

I bought $40 in points on Thursday and just submitted the receipt, so we'll see if that works. Not getting my hopes up.
I bought a xbox live starter kit from bj's for 30.00 yesterday. It has 12 month live card, 400 points, and headset and chat pad. Receipt says starter kit. I submitted it. Its worth a shot.

can't see why not. that was my plan.

also hoping this can work with Amazon.
Same. If this is the case I will buy a couple buy 3 separate $15 cards and get $15 free! haha I would do more but seeing as I already have $285 in XBL Credit from the Newegg deal I dont really need much more hahah

Has anyone been able to confirm the following:

1 - Can this be completed online?

2 - Do I need to have all of my $15 currency cards on separate transactions or can I do one purchase for $45 worth of credit & get $15 back?

Thanks in advance!

Can you do this online or do I have to buy it in store?
Did anyone figure this out yet? Trying to out if I need to go to Best Buy, or if I can just order online and send up that receipt.

Thanks!
So I am assuming it's safer to buy this in-store?
Until someone has success with an online purchase I would say so.

2 - Do I need to have all of my $15 currency cards on separate transactions or can I do one purchase for $45 worth of credit & get $15 back?

Thanks in advance!
THIS IF FROM THE MORE DETAILED RULES SECTION:

Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

The fact that its not an best buy exclusive makes it easier cause I have Gamestop Credit to use. Or possible go to Target and get a 5% discount on top of that.

Edit: Damnit but the 5% Red discount wouldn't make it a "$15" purchase.

It's also 10 receipts per email, so if you happen to go crazy with this promo you can just make a new yahoo email and continue sending receipts.
It also lists 10 per Gamertag, so if you continue after the initial 10, with a new email address, you will have to apply the credit to a separate Gamertag as well, I'm assuming. Not many people actively use two Gamertags, so not sure it'd be worth it to go after the initial 10. Unless you just want to create a new Gamertag and link the console licenses to your console so anything you purchase on the secondary Gamertag can be played on your main Gamertag.

Thanks in advance!
1. It can be completed online through this link, https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost/

2. From the wording, it says you can upload a total of 10 receipts, and you can get the promo 10 times, so I would assume that you only get $5 per receipt, regardless if you spend $15, or $150.

Seeing as it says you should receive your promo card in 4-days, or something like that, I don't imagine anyone will have any solid details for a couple days.

I'm just curious if it will work with my best buy store credit....cuz I have a lot of that I wanna use...

I honestly can't see why not. I'm also wanting to use a gift card. I don't think they care what payment method you use. Guess we will see
that is a tough one cause it sound like this works kind of like the ibotta best buy promo and you have to spend at least $15 for this promo but let say you bought $15 only for one transaction then use a $5 certificate it will lower the total amount to $10 and even lower the tax cause reward certificates aren't really registered as a form of payment but more like coupons that why the tax is lowered when they are used. Gift Cards are more likely then anything else to work but the way best buy have rewards certificates set up idk.

Okay so just got home and just got done following the instructions..

I uploaded two best buy receipts, one for three 25.00 xbox cards and one 15.00 receipt for the 28th. I also uploaded a 30.00 xbox card from walmart from the 30th. I'll keep everyone posted once I hear something.

Well the no online purchases is specifically written for contest entries but considering the still vague and intertwined nature of this promo I would expect that it does carry over.  What sizes of credit does GS carry?  Have a bit of credit there and might grab some there too if I can get $15 quantities.

Just wanted to let everyone know I did 2 separate 15 dollar cards and submitted one using a 5 dollar reward cert. It makes the receipt show 10 dollar purchase price but does show that it was a 15 dollar Microsoft card. Will let everyone know if they count it since the cert makes it look like a 10 dollar purchase.

Okay so just got home and just got done following the instructions..

I uploaded two best buy receipts, one for three 25.00 xbox cards and one 15.00 receipt for the 28th. I also uploaded a 30.00 xbox card from walmart from the 30th. I'll keep everyone posted once I hear something.
I think the transaction had to be done on the 29th or after, since it said within the promotional time range and it didnt start until yesterday.

Hmm.. this seems to answer my 'what to do with my $45 BB gift card' question: buy 3 $15 cards, on separate transactions, that's what!

According to the official terms:

During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases arenot eligible)
And:

The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m.Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period").
So no online purchases, and any purchases must be made betweem March 29 and May 31, 2014.

Wait, so you bought $15 worth of credit online at BB and you're gonna try it without a physical receipt? Or are you telling us to do that?
correct, took a screen shot added unique ID# will let you know if it works, already received one email stating they got it but need time to review, fingers crossed.

For the email they ask for I just out my main email and not the one connected to my gamertag. Is that gonna be an issue?
I'm not sure if they just send you a $5 code or directly put them in your MS account. If they just send a code you should be fine but if it's direct deposit it'll probably be an issue.

I submitted a receipt from best buy a little while ago.  Will update as anything happens.  (I used a gift card to buy the Xbox card)

I'm not sure if they just send you a $5 code or directly put them in your MS account. If they just send a code you should be fine but if it's direct deposit it'll probably be an issue.
Well you have to do a little registration thing and it's not MS giving the codes (it's a rebate fulfillment company) so I'm sure they just email them to you.

For the email they ask for I just out my main email and not the one connected to my gamertag. Is that gonna be an issue?
Doubtful. They would have specified that you need to use the email linked to your gamertag if you needed to. It is likely to just be a $5 code emailed to you.

bread's done
Back