Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I may re submit my receipts. Should I scribble out the first unique code they game me and put the new one? also when your taking a picture of the receipt and card, are you showing front or backside of card?

has anyone won on the scratch off thing?
I won a 12 month gold subscription

Still waiting on my second rebate, been a few days on that one.

I may re submit my receipts. Should I scribble out the first unique code they game me and put the new one? also when your taking a picture of the receipt and card, are you showing front or backside of card?
both of mine I just sent a picture of only the receipt. I've received one rebate so far. So the card definitely is not needed for the picture.

The unique code is going to be the same if you're using the same email for each receipt. I think they just do that to tie the images to the submission account.

The unique code is going to be the same if you're using the same email for each receipt. I think they just do that to tie the images to the submission account.
I just tried and unique number is different than when I first submitted. It generates a new one every time...wonder if I just hit next and upload my first one with a different number they just tried to give me? i don't know what to do..

I've been getting different codes when I log in daily to do the scratch off. I submitted a receipt on Monday, still haven't heard back. I didn't note the unique code I got late last night when I did the daily scratch off, but I logged in again to see what code I'd get. Of the 13 digits in the code, the first 2 and last 6 match the one given for the receipt I submitted, but digits 3-7 are different.

I just tried and unique number is different than when I first submitted. It generates a new one every time...wonder if I just hit next and upload my first one with a different number they just tried to give me? i don't know what to do..
Did you use a different email? I've gotten the same number for both submissions I did and when I went to do another just now.

Has everyone else been getting unique codes for each receipt? Maybe that's what's effing me up?

Did you use a different email? I've gotten the same number for both submissions I did and when I went to do another just now.

Has everyone else been getting unique codes for each receipt? Maybe that's what's effing me up?
I submitted my receipts back starting on the first day or two it was available, and the system generated a unique number for each submission. I used 6 different numbers, and I've received all 6 of my $5 codes.

I submitted my 1 purchase a week ago and still haven't received a code. Was thinking of picking up a few more cards today, but I refuse to do that until I've seen this promotion work for me.

I submitted my 1 purchase a week ago and still haven't received a code. Was thinking of picking up a few more cards today, but I refuse to do that until I've seen this promotion work for me.
Contact them, they told me to resubmit mine. Wondering if they didn't just screw up the whole first batch or lose then or something.

is there a certain way to scratch? lol

i have never won anything, ever...so, i am not surprised i didnt win anything (yet!) but, i find it funny every time i try it and come back here to see if anyone has won anything...man, it's a nightmare to be me!

On a side note, since the rebates have started coming in, i will stop by bestbuy today and get me some 15$ live cards.

I resubmitted all 10 of mine yesterday since I put the same # on all of them the first time.  They sent me one more this morning, so now i'm at 2 of 10.  Hopefully they clean this up and come through.  I wouldn't have ever thought about the special codes being different since they look similar if you just glance at it.  What a mess.

How do you resubmit your receipts if the numbers generated are new? Won't they think you you're trying to scam them as it's that or scratch out your old number on the receipt but I'd think they would still think you're trying to pull something as they've never emailed me my credit so I want to get this sorted.

How do you resubmit your receipts if the numbers generated are new? Won't they think you you're trying to scam them as it's that or scratch out your old number on the receipt but I'd think they would still think you're trying to pull something as they've never emailed me my credit so I want to get this sorted.
Exactly as you stated, I just scratched out the old and wrote the new one. This is a pain in the a$$ but I decided it was worth a shot. If nothing else comes out of this I will just cut my losses and forget about it.

So I submitted some on day one and never got anything. I re submitted them yesterday and got two of the 5.00 codes already, waiting on the other two..

Lame. I thought we would win a code for a gifted month of Hulu Plus. It's a code for a one month trial. Meaning it's only good for new users, and if you look around a bit you could probably find some other place offering the same trial.

http://offers.bestbuymobile.com/

See. I just did a google search, and found a two month trial. Now everyone has won the scratcher Hulu prize. That offer ends May 3 if you're interested.

I got mine (I'm a winner  :D/ ). I bought my gift card at a local grocery store, for fuel points.

Except I forgot that my xbox live subscription expires soon and I am not renewing.

WOO! I just won a year of XBL.

Edit- Just looking at the rules curious to see how many year XBL prizes there were and it doesn't seem to say but indicates that around 50 a day should be given away and that it picks a random time and first person to play after that gets it.

Still haven't gotten my code so hopefully this goes smoother than the rebates considering others reported getting it pretty quick.

Subbed 3 $15 receipts yesterday, got one $5 code just after midnight - that was quick. Nothing on the other 2, though. Wasn't expecting anything for days.

Have different numbers on each.. so no idea which 2 to resubmit. Grrr.

Promo is great in theory, but execution is another matter.

Huh... I got three of the four I sent in but the last one is taking way longer than the others, even though I sent them in at the same time.

[quote name="EldritchOnRye" post="11683588" timestamp="1397229629"]Did you use a different email? I've gotten the same number for both submissions I did and when I went to do another just now.

Has everyone else been getting unique codes for each receipt? Maybe that's what's effing me up?[/quote]
My unique code stayed the same for both of my uploads, so you are not the only one.

No wonder those of us that submitted in the first couple days largely haven't gotten anything back.  Went to resubmit like they told me to and it finally gave me a different number, then they also added a bunch of selectors to that page.  I think initially the only thing it asked you was for the photo and where you bought it; now it gets that stuff, what you bought, what value, and when.  The retailer list is also quite large now where before it was three or four places and other.

No wonder those of us that submitted in the first couple days largely haven't gotten anything back. Went to resubmit like they told me to and it finally gave me a different number, then they also added a bunch of selectors to that page. I think initially the only thing it asked you was for the photo and where you bought it; now it gets that stuff, what you bought, what value, and when. The retailer list is also quite large now where before it was three or four places and other.
I redid all 10 of mine and only have 2 of 10 so far. This is after 4 days, this whole process is rather frustrating seeing others get all their codes and many of us left in the dark. Is their a phone # that someone has contacted to move the process along?

Damn my second one still hasn't gone through. I think my wife threw the receipt away and all I have is the photo I originally took. Guess I'm screwed on this one.

I don't think it was advertised but I just saw it on a tag with the cards at the front lanes. If I stop at another store later I'll try to remember to take a photo.

Just left Target. It wasn't advertised anywhere but the $15 cards rang up as $13.50. The only problem is it doesn't show the $15 value anywhere on the receipt, just $13.50. I'm guessing this is not going to work with the promo, but I'll try one when I get home.

Just left Target. It wasn't advertised anywhere but the $15 cards rang up as $13.50. The only problem is it doesn't show the $15 value anywhere on the receipt, just $13.50. I'm guessing this is not going to work with the promo, but I'll try one when I get home.
Many reported it working with their employee discount or during the sale BB had for like $14.25

Yeah, I stopped at three other Targets on my trip and the single sign at the first store was the only signage I saw. The PSN and Nintendo stuff was signed at all of them though.

Emailed the reward folks and they told me which of my 3 receipts was received.. and advised me to resubmit them. Of course new numbers generated. We'll see.

The fact that they responded within 1 business day AND could identify the received receipt is refreshing.

I am going to have to get BBY to reprint mine so I can submit them one at a time like others have.  This deal is really poorly executing but I can't leave $40 credit on the table.  My inner CAG won't let me! :wall:

Did anyone that took advantage of the Target deal yesterday get the $5 rebate? I have to stop by Target to get some diapers tonight... might as well pick up a card for myself if the rebate works...

bread's done
Back