Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I stopped at three other Targets on my trip and the single sign at the first store was the only signage I saw. The PSN and Nintendo stuff was signed at all of them though.
Are you saying that the PSN & Nintendo cards had a similar discount?

I want to pick up a PSN card for the inevitable release of Octodad. If I can get a discount -- all the better!

Did anyone that took advantage of the Target deal yesterday get the $5 rebate? I have to stop by Target to get some diapers tonight... might as well pick up a card for myself if the rebate works...
I got my $5 credit this morning from the Target deal. $20 credit for $12.82 spent is awesome. Gonna submit the other 3 cards I bought yesterday and then I'll pick up some more once I get the credit for these.

I got my $5 credit this morning from the Target deal. $20 credit for $12.82 spent is awesome. Gonna submit the other 3 cards I bought yesterday and then I'll pick up some more once I get the credit for these.
Wait, you can get a $20 code for $12.82?!?!?! Is this deal still going on?

Resubmitted 2 yesterday and got 1 back.. something about sending multiples in one day, perhaps, causing it to go all screwy? Gonna stagger them out in the future, if I bite again.

Resubmitted 2 yesterday and got 1 back.. something about sending multiples in one day, perhaps, causing it to go all screwy? Gonna stagger them out in the future, if I bite again.
Who knows, the second one I resubmitted yesterday and didn't get it back today. They seem to be sending them out the next day and in the morning so if I don't get it tomorrow I'll resubmit it again.

I can't resubmit any of mine as I get the " you have already submitted 10 receipts" message.  As this stands this is a fail for me, if these don't ever come through then I won't bite on these in the future.

I can't resubmit any of mine as I get the " you have already submitted 10 receipts" message. As this stands this is a fail for me, if these don't ever come through then I won't bite on these in the future.
Try a different email or contact them?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was getting that same message after uploading 9 of 10. Was told to use a direct link instead of a bookmark.

Has anyone won a "7-day Xbox Live Gold Membership digital code." and do you know if it stacks?

There was something enormously wrong with the force this morning and I won this frigging thing; and, it looks like a 7-day trial of XBL. I am set till sometime 2015 for XBL so I don't know if it'll jeopardize my existing membership.

I am going wait to hear from the nice folks here before I do something dramatic.

ah, so there was nothing wrong with the "force" then...anyone wants the code? you can get "DeadLight" free...
No, just something wrong with whoever thought that a promo aimed predominantly at existing XBL users would like winning something completely and entirely useless to them.

Got 3 this morning that I submitted yesterday from the Target sale. Gonna pick up my last 4 today. Also, I just won a month of Hulu Plus. Hopefully it works for current subscribers.

Stacking the Target deal with this promotion is pretty damn sweet especially with a red card. Submitted my receipt just now from a $15 card and will probably pick up 1 or 2 more cards before the sale ends.

Got 3 this morning that I submitted yesterday from the Target sale. Gonna pick up my last 4 today. Also, I just won a month of Hulu Plus. Hopefully it works for current subscribers.
Someone earlier in the thread stated this was a trial only. So be careful as the next month you will be charged.

Someone earlier in the thread stated this was a trial only. So be careful as the next month you will be charged.
I'm already a paying Hulu Plus subscriber. But yeah, it won't let me use the code. Says it's invalid. So I'm guessing it's just for trials. Kinda lame. I'll email them and ask, just to be sure.

Is this only for 15.00 and higher purchases?

I bought a $10.00 code yesterday and I want to buy another $10.00 code today...can I splice a receipt together?  

I love how they don't just accept the receipt too, they want to have you write the code on it...C'MON MS! 

I bought a $10.00 code yesterday and I want to buy another $10.00 code today...can I splice a receipt together?

I love how they don't just accept the receipt too, they want to have you write the code on it...C'MON MS!
Yes, has to be $15 or more. The code is probably to keep people from submitting one receipt 10 times.

pretty sure you cannot combine receipts. has to be a $15 card. discounts and sales that drop the price below $15 work as well as others have reported.

Great deal! Also just submitted my receipt for the Target deal + red card. Hope it goes through. Oh and I won Sposion Man, not bad! Can we do a scratch and win every time we submit a receipt?

Part of me wonders since they took mine with the original numbers crossed out in black marker. :rofl:
Yeah, that definitely confuses things. Each card has a unique number that appears on the receipt (at least at Target), so maybe they know if they've given out a code for a card based on that.

I suggest folks only upload one receipt a day. Each time I've tried more than 1, only the first one has been redeemed - leaving me to do the others again with a new number the next day, with the same result. Treat it like a vitamin.

I suggest folks only upload one receipt a day. Each time I've tried more than 1, only the first one has been redeemed - leaving me to do the others again with a new number the next day, with the same result. Treat it like a vitamin.
Haven't had that problem, myself. Submitted 2 at the beginning of the promo. They took a week, like everyone else's, but they came through. And I submitted 3 yesterday and got them all this morning.

Planning to upgrade to a 1520. Have an Iphone 5 now, and I've been using my 520 a lot lately and really enjoy WP8.1 so I decided to use my next upgrade on a higher end handset.
I'm so jelly. I have Sprint so I had to run with the Samsung Ativ S Neo, which is a fine phone but I really wanted a Nokia phone. Sprint isn't putting much weight behind Windows Phone 8.

Btw, I uploaded 2 receipts yesterday afternoon and I got my rebates this morning already. Seems like they worked out the kinks in the system now.

Just a heads up, newegg is having a 72 hours sale. 20% off all Microsoft cards, promotional code only good on ONE TRANSACTION though

Just a heads up, newegg is having a 72 hours sale. 20% off all Microsoft cards, promotional code only good on ONE TRANSACTION though
Online transactions don't count for this thread's promotion, so there's no way (or shouldn't be) a way to stack them.

So many good deals on Xbox Live credit. I've got waaaay to much credit now. :rofl:
Me too. The problem is they don't discount games anyone really wants to buy now. Instead current games *such as Madden* or NBA are 59.99, while you can buy them in B&M for far less. Meanwhile Microsoft offers discounts on games that are really old and then can't fathom why Sony is kicking their ass.

Don't get me wrong, I want there to be 2 great consoles (sorry wii u) and 2 great online market places, but Microsoft can't get out of its own way.

Me too. The problem is they don't discount games anyone really wants to buy now. Instead current games *such as Madden* or NBA are 59.99, while you can buy them in B&M for far less. Meanwhile Microsoft offers discounts on games that are really old and then can't fathom why Sony is kicking their ass.

Don't get me wrong, I want there to be 2 great consoles (sorry wii u) and 2 great online market places, but Microsoft can't get out of its own way.
MS definitely needs better digital sales. LEGO Marvel on sale this week for $33 for Xbox 360, while it was $5 for PC yesterday.

So many good deals on Xbox Live credit. I've got waaaay to much credit now. :rofl:
Indeed. I've had an Xbone/360 for less than a month and already have like $300 in credit accumulated. Only thing I really want at the moment is Peggle 2 but so far managed to wait until I'm ready to play it just in case there's a sale. Long term I'm sure I'll spend it all no problem.

bread's done
Back