Spend $15+ on XBL, get FREE $5 Xbox Gift Card @ multiple retailers

Dund3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Free $5 Digital Gift Card for Xbox Live when you spend $15 or more on Xbox Live and upload your receipt to your phone by texting "XBOX LIVE" to 30364.

Follow the Best Buy link here for full details. 

UPDATE: This appears to be part of a larger Xbox promotion called 'Get the Most With Xbox Live'.  The free gift card part of the promotion spans multiple retailers, not just Best Buy.

Full promotional details from Xbox here.

3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 29, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on May 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. PT (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator's computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.

4.a.i. Purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox Gift Card: During the Promotion Period, purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership or an Xbox gift card (for $15 or more) from a retail location (online purchases are not eligible) ("Qualified Purchase") and take a picture of your receipt ("Receipt"). Then, during the Promotion Period, visit https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost (the "Website") complete and submit the registration form, and upload the image of your receipt. After Sponsor verifies your receipt, you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. The receipt image must not exceed five (5) MB in size and must be in a .jpg format.

5. Special Offer: For each Receipt for a Qualified Purchase that is uploaded at https://xbox.promo.eprize.com/getthemost with a completed registration form, and which is verified by Sponsor, you will receive a $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code. Limit: Ten (10) $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Codes per person and email address. Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code will be sent via email approximately four (4) days after the receipt has been uploaded.

NOTE: Qualified Purchase’s Receipt must be dated within the Promotion Period. The $5 Promotional Xbox Gift Card Digital Code expires December 31, 2014. Winner must REDEEM and SPEND the promotional value according to the terms and conditions and the expiration dates that are provided. See www.microsoft.com/giftcard for more information. Code valid for eligible purchases (exclusions apply) at select Microsoft online stores. Offer good only to U.S. residents who are not employed by government agencies or other entities and organizations that prohibit employees from receiving gifts for personal use. This offer is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash. It ends on May 31, 2014 Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any issues regarding gift card eligibility will be resolved by Microsoft using its sole discretion. Microsoft reserves the right to cancel, change, or suspend this offer at any time without notice.

rc8o3k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the amazon bonuses a one time thing or can you get them multiple times?
Hit and miss. Some promos will give you it per purchase, some you'll only get one. I suspect this is the same promo as applies to digital PC games since it's identical bonuses and fall under their digital store and I only got one of the promos.

So i'm confused, this is my first one i'm trying to do. If i want to resubmit a receipt because i never got an email, and now it gives me a different unique code then what i wrote on the receipt,what do i do?

So i'm confused, this is my first one i'm trying to do. If i want to resubmit a receipt because i never got an email, and now it gives me a different unique code then what i wrote on the receipt,what do i do?
I had to resubmit 2 receipts. All I did was to retake a picture of the receipts again, with the original codes on them, and submit them. Even though it was giving me a different code than what I wrote down when I first submitted them
Everything went through fine I guess because the next day, they emailed me 2 codes for $5 each

All 5 of the receipts from Best Buy yesterday went through for me.  Less than 12 hours from submission.  I couldn't be happier, because now I can pick up the Titanfall Season Pass :D

Won something for once, a 7-day Gold pass. I need to get a new year old Gold but missed out on the dumb eBay sale in Nov since they didn't list the fucking thing when they said they would.

Yay! I won a 7 day code! [/sarcasm]

I'm not even sure I want to fill out the info to claim it. (my gold is good through April 2017)

Yay! I won a 7 day code! [/sarcasm]

I'm not even sure I want to fill out the info to claim it. (my gold is good through April 2017)
I'm too lazy to look in the thread, but if I remember correctly it's the same as the 7 day trial codes you get with games. Meaning, it won't stack onto your current Gold subscription anyway. Great prize for Xbox fans, huh? I won a free month of Hulu Plus, but it's basically a free trial month. I'm already a Hulu Plus subscriber, so I can't use it. I hate to sound like I'm complaining about "free" stuff, but some of those prizes are kind of a joke.

Turns out to be a hell of a deal. $15 gets you the Xbox credit, $5 for Amazon app store, $1 Mp3 credit and the $5 extra xbox credit...
I've been completely ignoring this thread until now. I think I want to buy the Titanfall season pass. It would be great to use some Amazon credit.

Anyone have any other tips or advice for doing this promotion with an Amazon purchase?

I haven't gotten the credit. Is it a code or just posted on your account? What is the email addy that sends it to you? I haven't gotten anything...

Has anyone tried this promotion by ordering a physical xbox card from Amazon? I just ordered a physical card to get free shipping for something else (and because they wouldn't let me use amazon credit on a digital xbox code).

...I totally used Amazon credit on a code...
Oh I see. I was in such a hurry that when it took me to that page to type in a debit or credit card, I totally ignored the "Any gift card or promotional balances will be automatically applied to your order before attempting to charge your card."

Thank you.

Yeah that's just to verify that you actually own the account and it wasn't compromised and your bank account/CC being emptied on codes that someone will resell.

Has anybody recieved a $5 code that says it didn't work. I tried on Xbox.com and on my Xbox One and the same thing.

Got mine after re submission, so Amazon working is confirmed again. Anyone see if the codes stack?
What do you mean by "stack?"

They all just go into your MS Account's "wallet"

And turnaround was ~8 hours for one I submitted last night before I went to bed. In case anyone is keeping track of turnaround time.

What do you mean by "stack?"

They all just go into your MS Account's "wallet"

And turnaround was ~8 hours for one I submitted last night before I went to bed. In case anyone is keeping track of turnaround time.
Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I got $5 Amazon app and $1 Amazon mp3 credit as a promotion that Amazon is doing for digital codes. We wanted to see if those credits stacked, so essentially you'd be earning Amazon credit along with the Xbox offer.

Has anybody recieved a $5 code that says it didn't work. I tried on Xbox.com and on my Xbox One and the same thing.
The second code sent to me wasn't working initially, but then I tried it a bit later and it worked. I'm not sure why that would be, or how it resolved itself.

Did your code eventually work?

The second code sent to me wasn't working initially, but then I tried it a bit later and it worked. I'm not sure why that would be, or how it resolved itself.

Did your code eventually work?
One worked, but the second one still doesn't work. Hopefully it will work when I wake up.

Earlier in the thread I mentioned that I got $5 Amazon app and $1 Amazon mp3 credit as a promotion that Amazon is doing for digital codes. We wanted to see if those credits stacked, so essentially you'd be earning Amazon credit along with the Xbox offer.
Yes this should "stack" with that. I got multiple cards from Kmart when they were giving a $5 GC with it.

Purchased 2 $15 cards again Friday, got the codes this morning. Way better experience than the first one I entered, which I ended up getting like a week later.

This promo is pretty sweet! I hope they do this again down the road.

Purchased 2 $15 cards again Friday, got the codes this morning. Way better experience than the first one I entered, which I ended up getting like a week later.

This promo is pretty sweet! I hope they do this again down the road.
Me too buddy. Me too! I bought 2 $15 cards yesterday and got my points this morning. This was a cool little promo. They should do this promo all year long.

Can you do this by buying Amazon digital codes? If so how?
I did amazon; got the digital code and at the order confirmation page I did a screenshot, used paint.net to highlight the necessary areas and to add the promo code. Submitted the same and 24hrs later, I have the $5 code.

Seems like i'm the only one having trouble. The first two i submitted i got the code the next day but the last two i'm having problems with. I emailed and they said they were not accepted and they couldn't give me a reason as to why.

I did amazon; got the digital code and at the order confirmation page I did a screenshot, used paint.net to highlight the necessary areas and to add the promo code. Submitted the same and 24hrs later, I have the $5 code.
Thank you for the instructions. I was wondering how I'd write the code, and if I'd have to waste a paper print out. This is much easier.

I've been having problems with my most recent receipt. I've submitted it four times (within the last week)and still nothing. I had no problems with all the others I've done. I'm about to just say fuck it as it's really not worth my time for $5.

One of my code still doesn't work. I recieved two codes on Saturday. Both didn't work when I first recieved the email. A little later I tried again and one worked. The other one still doesn't work.

bread's done
Back