Splinter Cell Trilogy HD PS3 $19.99 FS

[quote name='rpnguyen']There's nothing special about it, unless you're a trophy whore[/QUOTE]

IIRC, the Xbox versions of the first two games don't have widescreen support.

The Xbox games aren't in HD or 3D, either.

Hey thanks again OP! I ended up biting it using my $40 voucher from the Google Offers deal, ended up picking back up Dead Rising 2 (LOVE the game.. got it on my blockbuster rental) but just kept waiting for Dead Rising 2 Zombrex edition to dip below $20, which it hasn't -- so ended up getting both for $4 (technically $24 with $20 spent on the offer) -- so good deal to me!

Someone called Ubisoft about the patch...it's not coming for the retail version.

That being said I feel like the updates made certain things look worse, there are audio/framerate issues all over the place, and quick save seems to glitch for all of them. In Chaos Theory I got kicked out of the game back to the main XMB.

[quote name='Prismatico']Someone called Ubisoft about the patch...it's not coming for the retail version.

That being said I feel like the updates made certain things look worse, there are audio/framerate issues all over the place, and quick save seems to glitch for all of them. In Chaos Theory I got kicked out of the game back to the main XMB.[/QUOTE]

Someone? Who? I will probably return it if this is true.

Not including inverted controls is....I....well....I can't actually comprehend what the fuck Ubisoft was thinking. And I hear Beyond Good & Evil HD has the same problem!

Stick with the PC version folks, and just use a USB controller if you really need to play with a pad.

[quote name='Prismatico']Someone called Ubisoft about the patch...it's not coming for the retail version.

That being said I feel like the updates made certain things look worse, there are audio/framerate issues all over the place, and quick save seems to glitch for all of them. In Chaos Theory I got kicked out of the game back to the main XMB.[/QUOTE]

Found what you were talking about. It's on the gamefaq boards. I'll probably call tomorrow and see what they say. But fuck this pisses me off.

How is Newegg? I never ordered from there and never really heard of them before coming to his board. reliable company? Cause this is a nice price

[quote name='JP73']How is Newegg? I never ordered from there and never really heard of them before coming to his board. reliable company? Cause this is a nice price[/QUOTE]

One of the best retailers in the business.

[quote name='JP73']How is Newegg? I never ordered from there and never really heard of them before coming to his board. reliable company? Cause this is a nice price[/QUOTE]

New Egg is an awesome company...unless you want to return your item for a refund. They will only give you the same item if it is defective...no refunds. I have ordered many things from them and they always ship safe and secure. All of my items have been in awesome condition. The free shipping takes about 5 days, but its FREE so who cares. hope this helps...

I literally just ordered this yesterday with ico/sotc collection on amazon's B1G50% off sale. Oh well, at least I didn't do too bad. 5 games for about $11 each.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']I literally just ordered this yesterday with ico/sotc collection on amazon's B1G50% off sale. Oh well, at least I didn't do too bad. 5 games for about $11 each.[/QUOTE]
Funny; me, too. I saw this thread title and was like "Son of a..."

I just spoke with someone at Ubisoft and the guy believes that there will still be a patch for the EU and USA disc based versions of this game to add in inverted aim, but didn't have any hard info or an ETA.

And if it doesn't ever come, oh well. It was only $6.67 per game and the disc is still holding pretty decent resale value at the moment.

I love this HD re-release trend, but this year has been pretty disappointing. Resident Evil 4 looked pretty much the same as my PS2 version, and I'm not seeing any major improvements on these games.

The gameplay is too outdated anyways. I tried like hard to play SC on Xbox, but the dying every 30 seconds and having to repeat sections was too frustrating. Hats off to people who actually beat these games.

[quote name='valthonis']For what it's worth, I found this in a google search indicating that an Inverted Patch for the PS3 was available at the end of November.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/11/23/splinter-cell-hd-collection-receives-inverted-aim-patch/[/QUOTE]

Based on the date of that thread it is for the PSN version. Last post indicated retail version still not fixed.

Anyone who purchased probably is getting it soon would you mind popping it in and see if the patch adds these feature?

I might buy it anyways. Worse case I hit myself in the head with a bat before playing to knock myself "verted" hehe.

[quote name='kingkiller33']I love this HD re-release trend, but this year has been pretty disappointing. Resident Evil 4 looked pretty much the same as my PS2 version, and I'm not seeing any major improvements on these games.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, so far the only good third party one has been the MGS Collection.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Based on the date of that thread it is for the PSN version. Last post indicated retail version still not fixed.

Anyone who purchased probably is getting it soon would you mind popping it in and see if the patch adds these feature?

I might buy it anyways. Worse case I hit myself in the head with a bat before playing to knock myself "verted" hehe.[/QUOTE]

I should be getting it tomorrow according to UPS, so I'll throw it in and see if there's any sort of patch or update, then post here. I'll probably be posting on GameFAQs board as well if I end up contacting Ubisoft about this again in the coming weeks.

[quote name='yepsryd']New Egg is an awesome company...unless you want to return your item for a refund. They will only give you the same item if it is defective...no refunds. I have ordered many things from them and they always ship safe and secure. All of my items have been in awesome condition. The free shipping takes about 5 days, but its FREE so who cares. hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

I thought I read they charge a 15% restocking fee on returns, under their terms and conditions...

[quote name='tylerh1701']I should be getting it tomorrow according to UPS, so I'll throw it in and see if there's any sort of patch or update, then post here. I'll probably be posting on GameFAQs board as well if I end up contacting Ubisoft about this again in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]

Excellent! that would be a good deed for sure...

Thanks!

On the fence. I originally said i'd buy this when it went to $20, but now i have a big enough backlog after the black friday deals. Decisions.......

[quote name='Velo214']just got this yesterday with the b2g1 sale w ultimate mvc3 and mgs hd collection, oh wells[/QUOTE]

Any way to let us know if there is a patch and if it adds invert controls?

[quote name='groundskeeper']Any way to let us know if there is a patch and if it adds invert controls?[/QUOTE]

No patch yet for retail release; I just popped it in.

$19.99 w/free shipping. Hell yeah. Even if the games are the same with better graphics - well worth it. Three of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='Lucian']No patch yet for retail release; I just popped it in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming for us on the fence!

[quote name='bromans12']$19.99 w/free shipping. Hell yeah. Even if the games are the same with better graphics - well worth it. Three of my favorite games of all time.[/QUOTE]

Were your favorites the Xbox versions? I believe there were extra levels in the first game only downloadable on Xbox, and less glitches across all three.

Ubisoft has been shameful with their collections, as the Prince of Persia one also regained a bunch of issues that the updated greatest hits versions had fixed.

Wow, I was pumped for this re-release.... but the information in this thread's got me bummed out. I'll just stick with the Good ol' PC version. I was looking forward to a new engine port or something. oh well

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']If anyone was on the fence about this collection due to the lack of inverted y controls, there is now a patch for the US disc version.[/QUOTE]

Do you know this from a news item, or have you actually downloaded the patch and confirmed that invert is there?

[quote name='gantt']Do you know this from a news item, or have you actually downloaded the patch and confirmed that invert is there?[/QUOTE]

I'll plug it in tonight when I get home and report back here, unless Lefty confirms. I don't see any other message boards confirming it either.

EDIT: I'm a liar. "Drazilice" on the GameFAQs board seems to confirm this as well. I will definitely be checking it out this evening now. Potentially good news!!!

Wow, I ordered on the 8th and still haven't received it yet.

That is why I love Amazon.

None of this Pony Express mail crap.

[quote name='gantt']Do you know this from a news item, or have you actually downloaded the patch and confirmed that invert is there?[/QUOTE]

Sorry I should've mentioned this in my post. Yes, I personally confirmed it. I popped it in yesterday and downloaded a patch. I checked the settings and the invert option was there. I tried it out too.

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Sorry I should've mentioned this in my post. Yes, I personally confirmed it. I popped it in yesterday and downloaded a patch. I checked the settings and the invert option was there. I tried it out too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='Leftylikesgames']Sorry I should've mentioned this in my post. Yes, I personally confirmed it. I popped it in yesterday and downloaded a patch. I checked the settings and the invert option was there. I tried it out too.[/QUOTE]

Awesome news! It was moronic of Ubisoft to leave it out, but I must say I am grateful to them for actually putting it back in.

bread's done
Back