Split Second w/ Exclusive Vehicle & Mini Strategy Guide (PS3/Xbox360) = $9.96 + FS!

Tried to order this morning and Walmart was not accepting my credit card info... Hmm, it works everywhere else :p. Now it's OOS lol

[quote name='Curlis']Thanks OP, snagged a copy of the 360 version.

Is this game related to Burnout at all?[/QUOTE]

Similar in theme I suppose. It's intense racing with crazy fuck going on all around you. However, it is not made by Criterion so it's not like a Burnout spinoff or anything. It's a competitor in the same field is what I would call it.

[quote name='MSI Magus']PS3 version OoS ;( Why is it so hard to get deals on PS3 versions of games.....[/QUOTE]

lol. trade it in for 360? but seriously, it's not really that hard to own both systems these days. i keep hearing people complaining about what you said but have no idea why. X360 arcade goes on sale for $200 with $50 gift card all the time. unless you just hate microsoft, i don't see why anyone want to stress of this.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']lol. trade it in for 360? but seriously, it's not really that hard to own both systems these days. i keep hearing people complaining about what you said but have no idea why. X360 arcade goes on sale for $200 with $50 gift card all the time. unless you just hate microsoft, i don't see why anyone want to stress of this.[/QUOTE]

Yes and its not that hard to own 2 cars, a pool, to go out to dinner all the time or buy/do any other little thing you want. Yes I could get a 360 for like $200...or I could take that $200, take my wife out to a nice dinner and still have $150 left to toss in to paying off our house or in to our retirement fund. Point is you should not buy every last little thing you want...its why the average American is broke.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Similar in theme I suppose. It's intense racing with crazy fuck going on all around you. However, it is not made by Criterion so it's not like a Burnout spinoff or anything. It's a competitor in the same field is what I would call it.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like Burnout I'm definitely going to enjoy it, I love arcade racing games. I just can't stand games like Gran Turismo, they're such a bore to me. But to each his own.

[quote name='Curlis']If it's anything like Burnout I'm definitely going to enjoy it, I love arcade racing games. I just can't stand games like Gran Turismo, they're such a bore to me. But to each his own.[/QUOTE]

It's similar to Burnout with the boost and whatnot, but the ability to make buildings go boom is the best part :)

I usually lean towards the PS3 version of racing games because there are more (and arguably, better) wheel options for the PS3 (Logitech GT, G27), but from my quick research it seems Split Second didn't include wheel support. There is a thread on Facebook where the developer suggested they would add it as a patch, but that doesn't seem to have happened and now Black Rock has been shut down.

Without wheel support, I went with the comparisons which seem to favor the 360.

[quote name='gantt']I usually lean towards the PS3 version of racing games because there are more (and arguably, better) wheel options for the PS3 (Logitech GT, G27), but from my quick research it seems Split Second didn't include wheel support. There is a thread on Facebook where the developer suggested they would add it as a patch, but that doesn't seem to have happened and now Black Rock has been shut down.

Without wheel support, I went with the comparisons which seem to favor the 360.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter anyway, the PS3 version is sold out.

[quote name='ijag233']Both are back in stock, just grabbed one for 360. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

Excellent, thank you ijgag :D Got me a :ps3: copy. Free shipping to home was very nice.

Very happy this went back in stock, really interested in the game when it first came out but racers tend to not hold my attention for very long. For $10 though this is pretty much a no-brainer for me, thanks for posting OP! :)

Nice find! I bought this when it came out and still did not open mine. I wish i had the free code walmart has with it. I hate to buy another copy just for the code. :(

Some pretty decent $10 and under games recently (mostly at Best Buy). I enjoyed the demo a while ago but couldn't justify the $28 price Amazon wants for it. At $10 I'm glad it came back in stock and was able to put my order through. Thanks OP!

Thanks for posting! I ordered a 360 copy. I was just about to get a copy for 30 bucks elsewhere. I really did like this game. Not enough quality arcade racers out there.

Ordered one.

Man, the Site to Store is a joke. Standard shipping is free and 5 five days faster than Site to Store. Did anyone get any different results on that? My surrounding area is 28602.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Yes and its not that hard to own 2 cars, a pool, to go out to dinner all the time or buy/do any other little thing you want. Yes I could get a 360 for like $200...or I could take that $200, take my wife out to a nice dinner and still have $150 left to toss in to paying off our house or in to our retirement fund. Point is you should not buy every last little thing you want...its why the average American is broke.[/QUOTE]

I understand your point completely, but you sounded like you had enough with finding deals on PS3 games in your original post so I thought it's much easier just to have the other system too since it's not all that expensive to begin with. That's all.

[quote name='fezlopez']Ordered one.

Man, the Site to Store is a joke. Standard shipping is free and 5 five days faster than Site to Store. Did anyone get any different results on that? My surrounding area is 28602.[/QUOTE]

Yep, got the same deal. It said it would arrive by July 13th shipping directly to me, but moved the goalposts out to July 22nd at latest with Site to Store. Since I'm not in a rush to play this, I just chose Site to Store to give me an excuse for going in Wallyworld to check for more deals:cool:

[quote name='GreenSpark']Yep, got the same deal. It said it would arrive by July 13th shipping directly to me, but moved the goalposts out to July 22nd at latest with Site to Store. Since I'm not in a rush to play this, I just chose Site to Store to give me an excuse for going in Wallyworld to check for more deals:cool:[/QUOTE]

For some reason, my mind is telling me that is a valid excuse. After all, only at Walmart:booty::booty:

Been looking forever for a price drop , but this is great, almost bought it 2 days ago used for $25 , i tough i missed out , but then boom again in stock, great deal.

I wonder if I should jump on this, looks like a fun game and I love my arcade racers but I have my copy of motorstorm pacific rift that I haven't been able to play much of yet ( Thanks backlog ) what should I do ? Free shipping does make it more tempting

Can't beat this for $10.70 shipped. I received a confirmation email that mine has shipped already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kouleefoh']yup got my shipping confirmation as well[/QUOTE]

No shipping confirmation for me yet =( I hope it ships by tomorrow morning as soon as ASAP.

man, that is the fast shipping, already sent out in a day. Likely due to the weekend, using shipping it today, probably won't move until sunday night lol.

bread's done
Back