St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

Erad the thing with Family Video is you MUST put down a $20 refundable deposit on top of the rental fee to rent any recent new release (last few months) game until you've spent over $150 in the store. They instituted this policy 2 years ago b/c they had so many people stealing their games since they don't require a CC to become a member.

Until I complained to the DM, they didn't even have signs about this until they told you about it at checkout. Since I was coming in from a free rental they sent me in the mail I was uberpissed and walked out and haven't rented from them since.

For anyone who has been to BB lately, do any of them still have the Star Wars TOR CE left? Store locator says sold out, but of course they could still have 0-2 copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
hrm I never was asked to put 20 dollars down on a game, My wife rents tons of movies though so maybe she has spent the 150 necessary, only game I ever rented was metro 2033 I think though

[quote name='Kezmer']hrm I never was asked to put 20 dollars down on a game, My wife rents tons of movies though so maybe she has spent the 150 necessary, only game I ever rented was metro 2033 I think though[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's just $150 spent on your account, doesn't have to be all games. I think used movie/game purchases and/or snack purchases count also. And it's $150 at each individual store, it doesn't carry over across the chain.

Also sorry to Velo or anyone else near the BB on Watson as I was going to play Magic at Game Nite and I stopped there & got the last SW: TOR CE. I'll see if Fenton has one tomorrow.

Well Manchester & Fenton are both out of SW:TOR CE, but Manchester had a 360 copy of Amalur & Fenton had 1 copy of Amalur each on 360 & PS3 as of 6 pm Sat.

There's at least 3-4 more copies of the Witcher 2 at the Eager Rd. Best Buy. It was marked $49.99 but rang up $39.99, and they had trouble ringing up the $30 Reward Zone coupon at first, but with a manager override I got the $9.99 price.

I actually just got that at GS for nothing because I traded in Last Story and it was $25 used, had enough left over to put a decent amount towards Paper Mario.

Trade N Games on Highway 30 in Fenton broke the street date for Pokemon Black and White but the GS manager called Nintendo b/c it cost him preorders (people bought it there on the day before then came in and canceled their GS preorder.) Unrelated but Trade N Games no longer sells new games, just used.

Only "independent" shops that deal in new games I'm aware of are Play N Trade, Slackers, and V-Stock, but since they're small chains they can't afford to piss off a publisher by selling early.

Edit: There's a place called Game Monster in Crystal City & House Springs. Know nothing about them, just see their sticker on some of the used stock at the Fenton GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never even heard of V-Stock before. I was looking to get RE6 before the end of this month without buying it online.

V-Stock just took over 3 locations (SC, Mid Rivers, and Chesterfield malls) that Borders abandoned. From what I've heard that's what they do nationwide.

Game Monster is opening its third location apparently, this time in Fenton, as I saw the window display in the store right next to Dierbergs down from the Bluffs when I went to get an oil change at Dobbs/pay electric bill at Dierbergs. I don't think the owner knows what he's getting into since his location has way lower traffic than the BB, Gamestop, WM, and Target just down the street from him.

Best Buy will price match the Avengers 4 disk blu ray, did it at the rock road location no problem. saved 10 bucks and Target was out anyway

I was wanting the extra disc that came with the Target version, don't care that much about 3D but at that price ...

Also it seems Manchester Gamestop is doing 50/60% extra trade in this weekend.

The Target on 4701 N Illinois St, Fairview Heights had about 10 or so of the 5 disc set about 2 hours ago.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Trade N Games on Highway 30 in Fenton broke the street date for Pokemon Black and White but the GS manager called Nintendo b/c it cost him preorders (people bought it there on the day before then came in and canceled their GS preorder.) Unrelated but Trade N Games no longer sells new games, just used.

Only "independent" shops that deal in new games I'm aware of are Play N Trade, Slackers, and V-Stock, but since they're small chains they can't afford to piss off a publisher by selling early.

Edit: There's a place called Game Monster in Crystal City & House Springs. Know nothing about them, just see their sticker on some of the used stock at the Fenton GS.[/QUOTE]

I was working at that GameStop during that time. I don't remember that happening. o_O Hell, we sent people to the TradeNGames if they wanted to sell or buy older gen games. Though I may not have been there that day, I really don't think that happened.

As for Game Monster, I don't know anything about the Crystal City one, but the House Springs one was lacking in all things when I visited last, of course that was a while back, a month or two before the WalMart moved.

[quote name='Drago Dracini']I was working at that GameStop during that time. I don't remember that happening. o_O Hell, we sent people to the TradeNGames if they wanted to sell or buy older gen games. Though I may not have been there that day, I really don't think that happened.

As for Game Monster, I don't know anything about the Crystal City one, but the House Springs one was lacking in all things when I visited last, of course that was a while back, a month or two before the WalMart moved.[/QUOTE]

My 2nd podcast (POWCast) is with the manager of the Fenton GameStop from Jan. 06-Aug. 11. Contact Malistre on taipow.com if you want verification of that story.

Game Monster is opening a 3rd location, this one in Fenton next to the Dierbergs behind Bread Co, McDonalds, & Dobbs. I'll check them out once they open.

So I went to South County TRU to check out the PC selection for the $10 clearance: only thing to note is one copy left of BF 3 and SW: TOR. They had a BUNCH of Sims 3 expansions and Batman: AC, and a couple of WoW Battlechests. Did end up with a $15 copy of Metro 2033 on XBox though.

There might have been a Starcraft there also, but I couldn't tell b/c the guy only picked up a few of the games from behind the counter when I said no to the first ones and said I was looking for Diablo 3. I was looking from in front of the counter so I couldn't see each spine, but definately no AC, Skyrim, or MW 3 and just the 1 BF 3.

Anyone go to Sunset Hills? I can report on Friday night if needed since it's on my way to play Magic.

[quote name='MSUHitman']There might have been a Starcraft there also, but I couldn't tell b/c the guy only picked up a few of the games from behind the counter when I said no to the first ones and said I was looking for Diablo 3. I was looking from in front of the counter so I couldn't see each spine, but definately no AC, Skyrim, or MW 3 and just the 1 BF 3.

Anyone go to Sunset Hills? I can report on Friday night if needed since it's on my way to play Magic.[/QUOTE]

Stopped by Sunset hills. Out of SC2, D3 and Skyrim. They had a few (3) copies of Arkham City and maybe one copy of AC:R. They also had some Sims 3 expansions.

I don't know if the register will let you buy it, but South County Walmart (Telegraph Rd.) had both console versions of Dishonored in the case w/ placeholder stickers already in place. This was at midnight.

FYI starting tomorrow STL County law states you must be 18 and have a valid state-issued ID (license/state ID card, passport, military ID, etc.) to trade games in, even if for store credit. This is a change as in the past you only needed that for cash.

GS just never took ID for credit trade-ins outside of the city b/c they didn't have to. BB/Target don't care to have seperate standards for different cities/counties so they just make that part of the default process nationwide. Just wanted to give a heads up that trades may take longer to process at busy stores like Fenton.

Shame it'll be a temporary one. Would be nice to have a permanent MS store in the same two locations as the Apple stores, The Galleria and West County Mall.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Apparently we're getting a temporary Microsoft Store at the Galleria for Christmas. It opens on Friday.[/QUOTE]
That's cool. Are there any permanent MS stores around here?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']That's cool. Are there any permanent MS stores around here?[/QUOTE]Not yet.

Plenty of places in both the Galleria and West County Mall that they could put up roots. Since that's where the Apple stores are also at, it makes a logical sense to me about where they'd go.

I just wish we'd get a Fry's already. MicroCenter is a help, though a Frys blows it out of the water.

So I walked into Target today and they had wii u pre order cards up. I pre ordered a Wii U for some reason. The black version with more memory for 5 bucks. Guy said the pre orders just started at Target on Tuesday and if I pre order I should get one because they only put as many cards out as they are supposed to get in the store. But if you want one and didnt pre order check a Target, I did it across from work in florissant and they had about 10 white ones left and 3 black system pre orders left

[quote name='hypertails02']No idea, MSU. I'll be braving the crowds at St. Peters Walmart, hoping to pick up WWE 13, Forza Horizon, and Brave Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]

Brave Blu-Ray is already $15 at Target this week. Is it cheaper at WM on BF?

[quote name='hypertails02']No idea, MSU. I'll be braving the crowds at St. Peters Walmart, hoping to pick up WWE 13, Forza Horizon, and Brave Blu-Ray.[/QUOTE]

Well someone is going with me now so I have to go to Fenton. After the fiasco with the Madden NFL 12 tournament there last year (which I talked about on Checkmate Arcade) I hate going to that store for anything like this where it could be a nightmare if not run properly.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Brave Blu-Ray is already $15 at Target this week. Is it cheaper at WM on BF?[/QUOTE]

Brave is $8.96 at WM on BF. The DVD/BR BF deals are here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331390

Also according to Huffer the STL Target print ads show 1600 MS Points for $10 and not the 3-Month Live cards. Here's hoping I can PM at WM (just want 2-3 cards to cover Rock Band Blitz this week, Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim in 2 weeks, then a third card to cover anything else that would be discounted before Christmas.)

Vintage Stock will be doing buy 2 get 1 free on all pre-owned items for Black Friday.

blackfriday2012.jpg

[quote name='KillerRamen']Vintage Stock will be doing buy 2 get 1 free on all pre-owned items for Black Friday.

blackfriday2012.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ramen but with V-Stock's shitty quality and no return policy I avoid them like the plague.

As of five minutes ago the Hampton avenue target still had 1600 point cards ringing in at $10. Get the cards with the avatar folding their arms on the front of them.

Anyone looking for the BF PS3 bundle w/Infamous & Uncharted the Fenton Target had an end cap by Electronics with over 15 of them as of 9:30 pm last night.

I looked at that bundle from best buy and should have just bought one for 199, my launch unit sounds like a 18 wheeler when it turns on and I have no hard drive space lol

v-stock allows returns. at least when i shopped at the midrivers they did,was a hassle however.

any1 know of places selling wwe13 for cheap? :(

[quote name='Kezmer']I looked at that bundle from best buy and should have just bought one for 199, my launch unit sounds like a 18 wheeler when it turns on and I have no hard drive space lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah especially since now that bundle is now $250 at any store that still has it. Saw them at BB in Fenton.

[quote name='masher']v-stock allows returns. at least when i shopped at the midrivers they did,was a hassle however.

any1 know of places selling wwe13 for cheap? :([/QUOTE]

Extreme hassle and you can only get a gift card. Bodach of Bodach's Games bought a game where the box was empty and they would only give him a gift card back, no cash refund.

Speaking of Bodach, all of his games $10 or less (any system) are B2G1F through Christmas Eve.

[quote name='MSUHitman']
Speaking of Bodach, all of his games $10 or less (any system) are B2G1F through Christmas Eve.[/QUOTE]

Man, if that wasn't 42 miles away, one way, I'd go down there and check him out. It's just too far for me to drive for the off chance that he'd have something.

bread's done
Back