St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

I was afraid that was the case. I think Shrike there's a particular file/partition that's only available on HDD's released at retail. Makes me wonder if those HDD's at Microcenter are actually refurbed by Microsoft or are they the same as the "refurbed" ones on EBay.

If they're not official refurbs, then Microsoft should be alerted to that fact.

Guess if I go through and pick up the MW2 250GB Elite I'm talking about, I should certainly sell my 120GB drive off my existing 360 separately than bundle it with the system.

For what it's worth, the 120gb came packed with an abundance of older arcade game trials and videos, it seems absurd that a non-microsoft refurb would perform that "service". If I ever feel the need to play Jade Empire, I'll try swapping back to the original 20gb drive; bummer that I downloaded psychonauts a while ago and can't run it.

For anyone looking for the $9.95 Rock Band drum set at WalMart, neither the Hanley Rd. store nor the Kirkwood store had any, despite the website saying that both locations had stock.

Ran over to MicroCenter for the first time. Pretty impressive, all told. Game selection was good, though I didn't have a copy of the clearance list handy to check out what they had.

PC component pricing was a mix from fantastic to fugly. Nice to see that they had a board tracking some of their prices to Newegg.com.

Also wanted to toss something out to the St. Louis CAGs, before I toss it out to CAGs in general. I bought a MW2 Elite 250GB bundle, and will be parting out/selling off my existing Pro 20GB w/120GB HD. Since it seems like the 120GB drive is in demand, I'd offer it up to the St. Louis CAGs first. I should get the MW2 250GB Elite next Monday and hopefully the correct transfer cable/CD combination to copy the info from the 120GB drive to the 250GB drive. Assuming that goes without a hitch, I'll have a 120GB drive that would need to be sold on its own (w/its own transfer cable), or sell the whole console as is w/120GB drive and wireless adapter (which might get parted out as well), which is under MS extended warranty (not the 3RROD/E74 warranty, this is the MS extended warranty) until the end of next year.

Once I have everything worked out, I'll let everyone know and we'll go from there.

damn shrike I am one week to late to take you up on this lol I just boug a 60gb for 89 and used some gift cards.

So, after taking forever to get my updated transfer kit from MS and having it take 8 hours to pull everything over from my full 120GB to the new 250GB, my 120GB is empty and available.

For the St. Louis CAGs, I'd sell it for $85 shipped via insured USPS shipment. It does include the original transfer cable and transfer SW disc, which AFAIK, only works 20GB to 120GB. If no one bites on it, I'll toss it out to the Trading Forum for $90.

Anyone here interested in it?

EDIT: Ryuukishi sent me a PM over getting it, so it's his.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went to the South County K-Mart on Tuesday to get the $10 ME 1 PH version, they still had a MW 2 Elite bundle in the front 360 case and a copy of the Gears 2 LE game in the back 360 case.

[quote name='MSUHitman']When I went to the South County K-Mart on Tuesday to get the $10 ME 1 PH version, they still had a MW 2 Elite bundle in the front 360 case and a copy of the Gears 2 LE game in the back 360 case.[/QUOTE]The MW2 360 was gone when I went there today, so obviously I couldn't pick it up.

They still had the GeOW2 LE in the back case, stickered at $69.99.

However, the Walmart in Chesterfield at Chesterfield Valley did (as of 2PM or so today) have a MW2 360 on-hand, though at $399.99. The sticker wasn't stuck to the box, so I'm betting they received it as a return and stuck it back on the shelf. I'd suggest avoiding it like the plague.

The in-store locator on Walmart.com said that the Walmart in House Springs on Gravois had one or more of them, though I didn't check that one, as that wasn't anywhere near where I was going today.

I don't know if people are interested but Rock Road Best Buy and I think Mid Rivers still had a few copies of Raiden IV special edition for 19.99. I grabbed one. It has a music soundtrack cd with it, I saw it at Gamestop also but it didn't say it came with the music cd.

This game is a blast. I haven't had this much mindless fun in a long time. Oh yeah It is hard as shit also. Probably I am just in my 30's now and my reflexes suck compared to my teenage arcade shooter days I would guess lol.

For 20 bucks this is a steal

I almost picked up mass effect 1, I never played it. I hear everyone talking about it. I read the back and it said you have to control 3 people and It just didn't interest me much. I am old I guess whenever I see co-op or the fact I have to manage more than one character it just doesn't interest me. I love resident Evil but when I had to manage that chicks ammo in the demo I just said screw it i don't want to play this at all.

How much do you control the other people? I like shooters like Bioshock and Dead Space where I just worry about me lol. I know it was only 20 bucks but If it pisses me off then I will just let it collect dust

The Sams Club Manchester (Des Peres) has 40lb bags of Fresh Step Kitty Litter for 81 cents... I was shocked, bought two bags and now I'm wishing that I would have bought more.

The Best Buy near it on Manchester also has 1 copy of :ps3: Cross Edge for $19.99.

almost makes me wish i had a cat for that deal. that Costco there did some deal for ice mountain 35 pack 20oz waters for 2.50 a pack a couple weeks ago, I did stock up on that

I might have to make a run out there to the BB on Manchester and pick up Cross Edge for $19.99.

I've found that BB on Manchester, the new one, can sometimes have items when other ones won't, since it's still newish and people don't know where it's at. Better than the one way out on Manchester in Ballwin, which was also a nice place to find items that other stores didn't because it was way the heck out of the way unless you live out there.

[quote name='Kezmer']I almost picked up mass effect 1, I never played it. I hear everyone talking about it. I read the back and it said you have to control 3 people and It just didn't interest me much. I am old I guess whenever I see co-op or the fact I have to manage more than one character it just doesn't interest me. I love resident Evil but when I had to manage that chicks ammo in the demo I just said screw it i don't want to play this at all.

How much do you control the other people? I like shooters like Bioshock and Dead Space where I just worry about me lol. I know it was only 20 bucks but If it pisses me off then I will just let it collect dust[/QUOTE]

In combat, your squad will do their own thing but you can command them to use their powers. If they die you can revive them from your power menu. Out of combat, you have to give them the best armor and weapons you can and use their skill points to improve abilities. You can also let the game auto-spend their points if you don't want to mess with it. It's not nearly as troublesome as managing the idiotic Sheva from RE5. Mass Effect 2 makes things even simpler.

wow thanks for the review Killbomb, I wasn't expecting that. I might have to pick it up maybe this summer when I have nothing else to play. With Bioshock 2 coming out next week, I know that is all I will want to play until I beat it. If I can find someone breaking street date and selling it early that would be even better lol

If anyone is looking for it, as of Saturday night the Fenton BB still had 2 copies of the PC CE of Mass Effect 2. Also the Halo 3 ODST CE is still @ the Arnold Gamestop if you're needing a new controller.

I know the Fenton Gamestop has a bunch of the RE 5 CE's in their cabinets behind the register if you want to get one for $30.

[quote name='Kezmer']wow thanks for the review Killbomb, I wasn't expecting that. I might have to pick it up maybe this summer when I have nothing else to play. With Bioshock 2 coming out next week, I know that is all I will want to play until I beat it. If I can find someone breaking street date and selling it early that would be even better lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm excited about Bioshock 2 myself. Let us know if you find anyone breaking street date. :D

I am off work tomorrow and I will be making a few stops to see if anyone happens to be selling it. I have found street dates broke at Best Buy on the Rock rd a few times but nothing that I was too excited about. I did grab Guitar Hero Smash hits 2 weeks early there.

Best buy website shows it "in stock" as of yesterday which makes me assume they already have them. Just need to find a guy who doesn't pay attention lol

[quote name='dino88']No Batman: AA at Sam's Club (O'Fallon, IL). I checked the cage to make sure. Just thought I'd save someone a trip.[/QUOTE]

Ok I guess I feel a little better then...
I went last night and found a "panel" on the shelf.
I asked for a price scan on it and she had some trouble getting it to scan Once it did scan , it rang up at $57.77.

I at least feel a little better knowing that they did not have it there anyway.

BTW - None in Manchester either.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kezmer']I am off work tomorrow and I will be making a few stops to see if anyone happens to be selling it. I have found street dates broke at Best Buy on the Rock rd a few times but nothing that I was too excited about. I did grab Guitar Hero Smash hits 2 weeks early there.

Best buy website shows it "in stock" as of yesterday which makes me assume they already have them. Just need to find a guy who doesn't pay attention lol[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy website is unreliable until after the actual street date. Guess "in stock" means "available for pre-order" because God of War 3 and Final Fantasy XII are also in stock according to the site. Anyway, I was at the Rock Rd. Best Buy earlier today and didn't see Bioshock 2 or Dante's Inferno.

oh well it was worth a shot, I am sure they are smarter than to put them out early. I will wait till next week lol

[quote name='KillerRamen']The Sams Club Manchester (Des Peres) has 40lb bags of Fresh Step Kitty Litter for 81 cents... I was shocked, bought two bags and now I'm wishing that I would have bought more.

The Best Buy near it on Manchester also has 1 copy of :ps3: Cross Edge for $19.99.[/QUOTE]Normally, I'd chalk that up to be an inventory glitch, though shockingly, they actually had said copy of Cross Edge.

Apparently, according to BB in SoCo when they looked it up in RSS, it was the only copy in the entire district.

[quote name='shrike4242']Normally, I'd chalk that up to be an inventory glitch, though shockingly, they actually had said copy of Cross Edge.

Apparently, according to BB in SoCo when they looked it up in RSS, it was the only copy in the entire district.[/QUOTE]

Well, they had two at the time, but I picked up the other copy. :bouncy:

Unless someone posts today it is pointless in me asking in order to get it at this weeks price but anyone know of a best buy that has the Nut up or Shut up edition of Zombieland on BluRay? I have went to Edwardsville IL (Store 1426), Fairview Heights IL (Store 31), Brentwood MO (Store 833), and Bridgeton MO (Store 34). Not one of them had the bluray of the Nut up or Shut up.

[quote name='sendme']Unless someone posts today it is pointless in me asking in order to get it at this weeks price but anyone know of a best buy that has the Nut up or Shut up edition of Zombieland on BluRay? I have went to Edwardsville IL (Store 1426), Fairview Heights IL (Store 31), Brentwood MO (Store 833), and Bridgeton MO (Store 34). Not one of them had the bluray of the Nut up or Shut up.[/QUOTE]

Most stores only got 4 copies or less of the Blu-Ray "Nut Up or Shut Up" version. I expected more from the studio on that, but lately, I don't expect anything quantity-wise from the studios anymore, unless it's Disney forcing yet another kiddy movie down someone's throat. Do NOT be surprised if the studio doesn't supply any more to Best Buy, as it wouldn't surprise me if this was a REALLY limited thing (like the "Hurt Locker" Blu-Ray Steelbooks).

I didn't think they would get more in. I will end up getting this from Amazon.com when it hits 19.99 and because of this stuff best buy is seeing less and less of my money. I don't even buy games there like I did in the past and my CDs are starting to be bought on Amazon.com instead of Best Buy now also. Only a matter of time till I end up getting prime and all my stuff is from amazon.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Well, they had two at the time, but I picked up the other copy. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]Thank you for heading out there and finding they had it, and letting us know about it. Greatly appreciated.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The ODST CE has been moved away from the Arnold Gamestop because it didn't sell. Don't know where it went.[/QUOTE]

Saw it tonight at the GS outside of South County Mall behind the counter.

They also had several Marvel vs Capcom 2 fighting sticks in really nice boxes if anyone is looking for that $99 stick.

I saw about 5 SE Bioshock 2 at rock road Best Buy. don;t know how limited it is. I just got the regular version

[quote name='destro4eva']Brentwood Target had a couple SE Bioshock 2's for both systems today if any STL CAG's are looking for them.[/QUOTE]

Fenton Target had 1 PS3 and 1 360 on Tuesday. First time I've ever seen Target have a LE outside of the music game bundles.

Rock Road target had all kinds of stuff on the clearance rack. a couple copies of SF4 for PC for 9.98. They had about 10 copies of Star wars force unleashed for 13.98 also a Midnight club for 20.98, they had a ton of wii guitar hero world tours also and a few DS games like fire emblem i think.

there was other stuff band hero full sets for 139 and beatles rock band sets for 174 i think

Fairview hights IL Best Buy has the CE of Bioshock 2 for the PC. They had 2 or 3 of them when I was there today.

[quote name='KillerRamen']The Sams Club Manchester (Des Peres) has 40lb bags of Fresh Step Kitty Litter for 81 cents... I was shocked, bought two bags and now I'm wishing that I would have bought more.[/QUOTE]
:applause:
damn, I need to get a Sam's Club membership. :lol: If I had found that kind of a deal, they'd probably have to restock 1/4 of their shelf. I hate spending money on cat litter.

The Brentwood Microcenter (the only one in St Louis) has one copy of :ps2: Sly 2: Band of Thieves for $3.99 (NEW). It's listed as $4.99, but my copy rang up as $3.99. :bouncy: [It was the Greatest Hits version, if that matters]

This was posted in the main deals thread, but bears repeating for those in STL
Brentwood Microcenter has Halo Wars for $9.99 for the next few days.

Sorry to spam the thread, but my girlfriend is wanting a new Wii. If anyone sees one, please let me know. Been to 4 stores and sold out everywhere...Who knew they were still hard to find. Thanks StL Cags

[quote name='MSUHitman']If you're ordering pizza/bread from dominos.com, use coupon code 50740 to get 40% off until March 14.[/QUOTE]

Wow!! Thank you so much for this code. I just tried it for a Large 2 topping pizza and it came out to $8.15 including tax. Awesome deal!

bread's done
Back