St. Louis Deals

bigriver314

CAGiversary!
Hey just wanted to see what other CAG's were from STL.

Um.. I guess on place i have found a lot of cheap games has been Software Plus on Olive rd. 5 miles west of 270

I picked up Halo 2 for 12.99 there and Midnight Club Dub Edition for 19.99 as well.

Both where new by the way

yeah I saw one around Lee's Summit on the official post. an employee posted a craigslist ad for the Fairview Heights store I saw. I will just get up tomorrow and wait till 10am I want to play Alan Wake, I rarely get vacation when a game comes out I really want to play

Checked the Delmar G. Crazy today, no 20% liquidation sales yet. If any STL CAGs see this sale go live, post it please!

Thanks.

[quote name='destro4eva']Checked the Delmar G. Crazy today, no 20% liquidation sales yet. If any STL CAGs see this sale go live, post it please!

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's on. Even with 20% off, the prices still aren't that great (IMO). The only things worth mentioning are the systems and Assassin's Creed Limited (both) for $26. There was also a Cammy fightpad, but it's been cheaper elsewhere.

...I left with nothing, but I might be back when it hits 50% off.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'm assumming Gamestop is doing midnight for UFC as well next week? Anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]

There are quite a few of them doing the midnight release. More than for RDR even it seems. Don't understand why because I was bored to tears by UFC 09 and I'm a huge fighting game fan. Then again, real MMA bores me to tears as well. :D

When I want something at midnight, I usually just go to the 24-hour Wal-Mart in Maplewood. Sometimes they have to dig it out of a box but I almost never walk away empty handed.

[quote name='KillerRamen']It's on. Even with 20% off, the prices still aren't that great (IMO). The only things worth mentioning are the systems and Assassin's Creed Limited (both) for $26. There was also a Cammy fightpad, but it's been cheaper elsewhere.

...I left with nothing, but I might be back when it hits 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ramen :applause:, I'll post when/if the discounts drop. Did they discount any of the guides yet? Did u hit the Delmar one or the North County one?

[quote name='destro4eva']Thanks Ramen :applause:, I'll post when/if the discounts drop. Did they discount any of the guides yet? Did u hit the Delmar one or the North County one?[/QUOTE]

I went to the one in the Delmar Loop. (I thought that was the only one)

...It was 20% off everything in the store, including guides.

Thanks, there is another I believe up on West Florrisant Road. Maybe they closed already but they had a super stacked store as of 2 weeks ago.

The other one in Granite City's phone # is disconnected, so that's out too.

Checked West Florissant out today, still 20% off. They yanked all the guides from the rack and put them in the back when I was there & said "These are old so we can't sell them". Ok.

But if u want a used Wii they have several of them still there.

Might go back when it's 30-40% off.

[quote name='destro4eva']Checked West Florissant out today, still 20% off. They yanked all the guides from the rack and put them in the back when I was there & said "These are old so we can't sell them". Ok.
[/QUOTE]

That sucks....I had planned on stopping by there this weekend to check out any guides that may be left. I guess I'll hit the Delmar store instead.

Fenton BB still has two copies of Buzz Quiz World (game only) on PS3 for $20 in their new "clearance" section (it's between the Playstation section and the PC section.) I say "clearance" as most of the stuff there is MSRP but I guess that's what's marked to eventually go down in price.

If anyone still wants the Gamestop exclusive ODST CE (game plus special skinned wireless controller) the South County Gamestop (the one outside the mall) still has the one that was transferred from Arnold. I don't know if it's dropped in price though. They also have the MvC 2 sticks for both 360 and PS3. I think I even saw a GTA 4 CE still behind the counter (not sure if it was 360 or PS3.)

Also I'm going to try to get the KMart deal for Alpha Protocol tonight at the SC KMart. Wish me luck. :)

Good luck on the SC KMart Alpha Protocol deal. I'm going to let that one drop in price a bit more before picking it up, though hopefully, you won't have issues with it.

In other news, I think all the St. Louis CAGs should take some time this weekend and go see Adventurer's Quest, put on by the NonProfit Theatre Company. Their website is at:

http://www.nptco.org/

Info about the play:
[quote name='Play Info']Adventurer’s Quest
by Richard Lovejoy is a 1980’s-style 16-bit video game come to life. The town of Perilton is invaded by the evil wizard, Evilicus, and only our Hero can save it! Cheer as he fights for the hand of the Mayor’s daughter! Gasp as he infiltrates the blood-thirsty Octopus cult! Watch as he meticulously collects inventory items! Shift uncomfortably in your seats as the narrative gradually implodes! Evoking the Golden Age of computer gaming, Adventurer’s Quest is both a nostalgic treat, and a glimpse into the yawning Void. Due to the amount of ridiculous violence, this production is intended for mature audiences. [/quote]

I know a couple of people from the NTPCO and I saw it over this past weekend. I thought it was hilarious with lots of JPRG references and plenty of things you love to hate about JRPG's. It was originally done in New York, though this is the first time with it being done outside of New York.

Goes on Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Facebook page for the play, with some reviews:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=158844415264

Too bad I didn't see that sooner or I might have taken the time to see it Wednesday or Thursday. Hell even today as I had the free time since it's my birthday. Oh well.

Anyhow, Delmar Loop's Game Crazy is now 25% off all games and 40% off all Playstation 2 games (if they weren't already). They have a small handful of decent stuff left, but the prices aren't much different than what you can find online at Amazon after the 25%. Now if anybody wants a Halo Board Game, then it might be worth the trip. :p

Florissant target had 4 Bioshock 2 CE for 39.98 a piece, I have a standard on 360 but if the price dips lower I might grab one just for the extra swag

Just got back from Brentwood Best Buy and they're doing an orange sticker sale again. All games with orange stickers are 50% off the marked price. Got :ps3: Way of the Samurai 3 (last copy) and :360: Overlord II (3 or 4 left) for $14.99 each. Most of the games marked were kids' games but they had :360: Guitar Hero Metallica for $20 after the discount. There aren't any signs up but when I asked about the stickers the guy in media told me about the 50% off. Had to get a manager override at the register but he approved it without issue.

I might take a drive and get GH metallica finally, i never would spend more than 20 on it

florissant target had 1 PC bioshock 2 left last night for 19.98, i was going to get it but the cover sleeve was pretty ripped up and I already have the game on 360

went the Brentwood BB and saw the orange dot stickers however that sale must be over because no where in the store did it say 50% off dot games and the store clerks told me it wasn't going on today

[quote name='Kezmer']went the Brentwood BB and saw the orange dot stickers however that sale must be over because no where in the store did it say 50% off dot games and the store clerks told me it wasn't going on today[/QUOTE]

Sorry you wasted a trip man. The guy didn't say anything about it being one day only yesterday. I'll be in the area quite often over the next few weeks (have to be in Clayton Mon-Fri. for a market research study) so I'll keep checking to see if they put signs up. If they do, I could pick up GH:M for you if it's still there and we could arrange something if you like.

its no big deal I ended up finding a set of rock band 2 wireless drums for 360 at MicroCenter for 25 bucks. my GH world tour ones have seen better days, so it wasn't a wasted trip at all. Let me know if you see that sale back up though I will be around the area this weekend I am sure

[quote name='Kezmer']its no big deal I ended up finding a set of rock band 2 wireless drums for 360 at MicroCenter for 25 bucks. my GH world tour ones have seen better days, so it wasn't a wasted trip at all. Let me know if you see that sale back up though I will be around the area this weekend I am sure[/QUOTE]

Kez,

Did MicroCenter have some more of those RB2 wireless drums in stock, or did you snag the last one? :)

there was one more set of 360 Drums yesterday and a ton or PS2 drums. I saw the 2 left and figured I better grab it. might call down there and ask if it is still sitting there before you drive

So Fenton Target is in the midst of changing over to the new style, but right now they have no Playstation software on the sales floor! LoL

I don't think the new Target style is much better than the old one. Was at Brentwood yesterday (god I hate that shopping center) and it seemed like you still need to get someone to "free" the game from the shelf. Correct me if I'm wrong as I didn't want to pull too hard and break the damn thing. :D

Don't know if any area CAG's are looking to upgrade to a Slim at Gamestop, but the Gamestop in St. Johns was nice enough to let me trade in my old one and be on the pre-order list for when the next batch comes in next week.

I got 275 in trade from my launch 360, wireless headset, wireless adapter, an extra controller, 20 gig hard drive, a couple 512 memory sticks, and 25 for Forza 3.

I called this morning and they didn't have any and he said I could pre order one, and I said I wanted to do the trade, but didnt want to tear all my system down unless I could put it towards a slim. He said no problem and I should hopefully have my new Slim this week!

I thought it was a good deal they are offering especially to us who have old Launch systems. I have a 2nd 360 in the basement so I am not living without one for a week either and I used that free program from codejunkies to make an image of my 60 gig and save it so when I do the xfer to the 250 I will re blast my data back on the 60 so I can use both of them since I cannot swap hard drives anymore like i used too

[quote name='Kezmer']Don't know if any area CAG's are looking to upgrade to a Slim at Gamestop, but the Gamestop in St. Johns was nice enough to let me trade in my old one and be on the pre-order list for when the next batch comes in next week.

I got 275 in trade from my launch 360, wireless headset, wireless adapter, an extra controller, 20 gig hard drive, a couple 512 memory sticks, and 25 for Forza 3.

I called this morning and they didn't have any and he said I could pre order one, and I said I wanted to do the trade, but didnt want to tear all my system down unless I could put it towards a slim. He said no problem and I should hopefully have my new Slim this week!

I thought it was a good deal they are offering especially to us who have old Launch systems. I have a 2nd 360 in the basement so I am not living without one for a week either and I used that free program from codejunkies to make an image of my 60 gig and save it so when I do the xfer to the 250 I will re blast my data back on the 60 so I can use both of them since I cannot swap hard drives anymore like i used too[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Can't believe your launch 360 is still working. Mine died in March 09 and I thought that was a long life.

yeah I am not complaining lol, it was a little after launch maybe? I got mine in february 2006, my first one I got around January 06 red ringed as soon as i got home and I went and just returned it to Best Buy, took a month to find another one.

The disc drawer stuck every once in a while, but only if there was no disc inserted. Gamestop didnt ask so I didn;t tell them. it plays games just fine just makes a slight loud noise when the discs stop spinning.

I grabbed a Jasper arcade unit from amazon for 149 with a free extra controller a while ago so that one is nice, and I am putting this one upstairs since I cant extend the ethernet that far and it has the built in wifi.

If anyone would enjoy a Master Chief helmet (from the halo 3 legendary box), I'm giving one away. It's just like new, but I'm moving and have very little space in my car. Anyone interested in picking it up this week(I live in the Forest Park Southeast area of St. Louis), please pm me.

Denied using both the manufacturer coupon and the GCRZ coupon at Best Buy for Blur at the South County location. Anyone get a store that will let you use both?

Can't believe it, but I got both coupons to work at the Fenton BB! They're usually such sticklers for any type of service but I got one of the cashier leads checking out and she took both coupons with no questions asked. So awesome!

Blur is so much fun that I would tell you at 39.99 I payed I think it's worth it, but at 10 dollars if you can pull it off that is a total steal, good work !

Did anyone hit the Brentwood Best Buy for $20 Blur yet? I won't be able to make it there until after work and I'm hoping they'll still have copies.

I didn't even bother to try at BB after the luck MSUHitman first posted about, so I picked up a copy at the KMart on Lemay Ferry. Worked with a tiny bit of issue, as the coupon didn't scan, though picked it up for $20 + tax OTD.

Yeah Shrike I just wanted to post about SC as soon as it happened because they're usually cool with stuff. Figured you and others would want to know. Ran out of Fenton so fast once I got the deal I almost left my RZ card, cashier lead ran outside to give it to me.

If you're thinking about Fenton, they only had 2 copies of Blur for 360 and 3 for PS3 when I left at 5:30. They were on an endcap where all the demo TV's/systems are in front of the game section, none in the main 360/PS3 sections. The 360 copies at least were still the first print run, as they had the Dodge Viper code in box.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Did anyone hit the Brentwood Best Buy for $20 Blur yet? I won't be able to make it there until after work and I'm hoping they'll still have copies.[/QUOTE]

I got the manufacturer's coupon to work there Sunday afternoon. Left about 4 or 5 :360: copies as of about 2pm and it's still in stock according to the website. Didn't try to use the RZ coupon because I had a long day of work ahead and didn't want any potential extra headaches hassling with somebody.

[quote name='kenzo7']Brentwood BB just refused the $20 coupon. They had 5 copies in stock (360) a s of noon.[/QUOTE]

Sorry you got shot down. The cashier named Jason was the one who took my coupon. He's the one that looks like he's the Missing Link. :D

Yea, same thing happened to me at the brentwood BB.....may have to hit up fairview heights....Kmart on Manchester in the STL didn't even haven any copies....Brentwood BB cashier told me that because it's already 20 bucks off they can't accept the coupon...total bs...

I got rejected at two different BB's. If anyone gets a chance, could you pick up the game for me on PS3? I'll reimburse

I would call BB customer line, that makes no sense whatsoever. they aren't losing 20 dollars it says right on the coupon Activision will re reimburse you 20 dollars plus 8 cents right on it, I would at least ask for a manager, I can see them denying you using the RZ coupon but denying this would make me call someone

Yeah, if anyone manages to pick up an extra 360 version, I'll reimburse for sure. Anybody have any luck at the fairview BB or any kmarts?

[quote name='tlester2']Yeah, if anyone manages to pick up an extra 360 version, I'll reimburse for sure. Anybody have any luck at the fairview BB or any kmarts?[/QUOTE]

I would try K-Mart first since SHC-Gamer confirmed in another thread that they will take the mfr. coupon. You could always e-mail him ahead of time too so he can contact the store and let them know.

[quote name='tlester2']Yeah, if anyone manages to pick up an extra 360 version, I'll reimburse for sure. Anybody have any luck at the fairview BB or any kmarts?[/QUOTE]

Didn't try the one in Fairview but the one in Edwardsville IL took both. After tax it was 12.33. Just make sure they ring up the game, scan your rewardzone card, scan the rewardzone discount for the game then the mfr. coupon.

bread's done
Back