STALKER Clear Sky $10 at BB

yea I saw it a few weeks ago for the same price on bestbuy.com ...I believe gamestop also has it at the same price. I dont know why places like steam still have it priced at around $30 though

Son of a Bitch!!! I just picked it up at CC for 16 bucks...First QoS PC drops on clearance to 15 at Target, now this. fuck CC!!!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Son of a Bitch!!! I just picked it up at CC for 16 bucks...First QoS PC drops on clearance to 15 at Target, now this. fuck CC!!!
pixel.gif

[/quote]

Lol you are definately not a "merry man" lol

Saint

[quote name='TheSaint11']Lol you are definately not a "merry man" lol

Saint[/QUOTE]

They have a signature area for a reason....so you don't have to type "Saint" every time you post....

wow... Did this game suck ass or something? The first was pretty good, and this one looked like it had potential, but its still fairly new and only 10$ already?

[quote name='SilentSinr']yea I saw it a few weeks ago for the same price on bestbuy.com ...I believe gamestop also has it at the same price. I dont know why places like steam still have it priced at around $30 though[/QUOTE]

Steam's retail prices are always the most expensive out there.

I was just at Best Buy like an hour and a half ago and I saw Stalker: Clear Sky for $30.

Does the price change when you take it to the cash register?

[quote name='thepik241']I was just at Best Buy like an hour and a half ago and I saw Stalker: Clear Sky for $30.

Does the price change when you take it to the cash register?[/quote]

Same here, I was in BB yesterday and it was priced at $30.

Though I do live in Canada, if that makes any difference.

[quote name='thepik241']I was just at Best Buy like an hour and a half ago and I saw Stalker: Clear Sky for $30.

Does the price change when you take it to the cash register?[/QUOTE]

Just ask an employee to scan the game, sometimes prices go down, and the sticker prices are changed later.

Dam I was just at Bestbuy the other day.I mostly browse console specific isle because they are all next to each other.I would not have notice Stalker because PC isle is way,way in the back.PC games should have an isle next to all console specific sections.I bet BB is losing money because of it.I rarely go to BB so Ill have to wait until my next insurance payment.

even though its on backorder the game is also for sale online for $10 +$3 shipping and tax if you really want it. While its a great price, i personally can do without. I never even finished the first one. Very good looking and incredibly atmospheric though.

[quote name='SilentSinr']yea I saw it a few weeks ago for the same price on bestbuy.com ...I believe gamestop also has it at the same price. I dont know why places like steam still have it priced at around $30 though[/quote]
I guess they don't have to worry about clearing shelf space. :lol:

Is Clear Sky really better than Stalker though? I tried Stalker 1 from the Steam sale and I was terribly disappointed, even WITH mods.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Is Clear Sky really better than Stalker though? I tried Stalker 1 from the Steam sale and I was terribly disappointed, even WITH mods.[/quote]
Mine kept crashing. D: The hourish I had with it was enjoyable with the Oblivion Lost mod.

[quote name='AntiCommie']wow... Did this game suck ass or something? The first was pretty good, and this one looked like it had potential, but its still fairly new and only 10$ already?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read it wasn't quite as ambitious or ground breaking and the execution wasn't quite as solid but still a good follow up if you liked the original. I'll be looking to pick it up since I had to pass during Christmas rush, and the release timing didn't help sales at all.

[quote name='ForeStorm']Mine kept crashing. D: The hourish I had with it was enjoyable with the Oblivion Lost mod.[/quote]
Well, the first hour with Stalker is enjoyable, but when you realize that there are more bandits in the zone than people in all of Russia it quickly becomes grating.

[quote name='AntiCommie']wow... Did this game suck ass or something? The first was pretty good, and this one looked like it had potential, but its still fairly new and only 10$ already?[/QUOTE]

It's got activation, and not only that, a limited number, like EA.

I bought the first one, and would have bought this at launch...but they don't want my money, I guess.

i've had fun with stalker, it could have use rpg elements, and backtracking to report quest completion is tedious (and nonsensical since you have a pda to communicate) as well as it has a time limit

I haven't tried to order anything on B.O. from Best Buy for a while but they liked to cancel those in the past.

Both are amazing, though definitely not for everyone. In both games you start out with weapons that can't hit anything accurately. Once you get some decent weapons and realize you can't just run and gun the game gets better. Both have fantastic atmosphere. Just be prepared to die a lot, especially in Clear Sky.

[quote name='Bandersnatch84']Both are amazing, though definitely not for everyone. In both games you start out with weapons that can't hit anything accurately. Once you get some decent weapons and realize you can't just run and gun the game gets better. Both have fantastic atmosphere. Just be prepared to die a lot, especially in Clear Sky.[/quote]
Ennh, I really think the games couldn't figure out what they want to do. Yeah, you stop and pop every damn russian in the entire zone, and if you catch more than a single bullet you're probably down for the count, but the problem is that the sheer amount of people who will just shoot you on sight, at least in Stalker 1, is just absurd. Far Cry 2 had less annoying respawn times for its checkpoints than Stalker 1 did.

Since they insist on having "realistic" health levels while at the same time having Serious Sam quantities of bandits/military/mercs to fight, they work that out by giving you a ridiculous quantity of medkits. It is a cheap backdoor that they couldn't balance their game that you just end up popping a medkit every 20 seconds and quickloading any time you stick your head up a bit too far.

I mean, boil it down to brass tacks and it is only a few steps removed from Call of Duty or Halo. Only in Stalker you have to hit the quick medkit key to regenerate your health.

Thanks OP. I ordered online since the inventory list wasn't showing it as in stock near me. Maybe I should actually finish playing the original...

-HM

bread's done
Back