Stand by for Titanfall!

i did notice some screen tearing in beta but nothing game breaking. Lets be honest games on home system with fast pace action like titanfall will have some frame rate issues and screen tearing compared to high end pc's.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/titanfall/news/respawn_considering_patching_1080p_support_into_xbox_one_titanfall.html

respawn is saying the game get's rock solid 60 fps most of the times so if that's the case it will be fine and even more better if they can knock it up to 1080p.
Yeah, my main concern was the mention of it dropping to single digits. To have that happen in an online only game which is a flagship title for your shiny new $500 console is kinda bullshit if true/prevalent.

It'll definitely be interesting to see which reviewers mention the issues in a sea of 10/10's. :booty:

all i hope for is servers are fine and live is fine. With titanfall and twitch streaming coming tommow live will im sure get overloaded. I would have liked twitch to come out same time as last weeks update to get the kinks out.

all i hope for is servers are fine and live is fine.
Well I think any online game is gonna have hiccups launch day, that's to be expected. What's not expected is what gamers had to go through with Battlefield 4, when it takes so long to fix stuff that everyone questions being screwed on their full paid purchase.

Not all that surprising. People like to feel like they are accomplishing things. Casual gamers need to feel like bad asses as well. I'm sure the first couple of times you Prestige will be easy and then things will get harder.

Just picked up X1 Ghosts from Target for $12.xx after the Cartwheel deal and a giftcard. Traded it into Best Buy for $47. I'll use that tomorrow to pick up my TF reserve.

Not all that surprising. People like to feel like they are accomplishing things. Casual gamers need to feel like bad asses as well. I'm sure the first couple of times you Prestige will be easy and then things will get harder.
Everytime you prestige you gain xp even faster, so i'm guessing itll get easier actually.

The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout. The visuals in Titanfall look nice, but that's mostly due to some solid art and interesting design, not the performance. As of this writing, I haven't seen enough of the PC version to know how well it runs.
Source engine just as garbage as usual.

What headset are you guys using? Anyone know if that adapter will work with my wireless X42? I keep hearing iffy things about those MS headsets (the ones that came out the other day)

What headset are you guys using? Anyone know if that adapter will work with my wireless X42? I keep hearing iffy things about those MS headsets (the ones that came out the other day)
I'm using the Astro MixAmp with a set of Beyerdynamic MMX 300s, with chat through the MS Adapter.

The adapter will work fine with the X42s. Just do the controller update with your headset attached to the adapter and it'll route chat there. No sense spending more money if you're happy with the X42s.

Reviews are rolling in.. those of us who played the beta already knew this would garner somewhere around a 9 out of 10, and it seems to be doing just that, sporting a metacritic of 87 after 27 critic reviews.

Got my headset adapter, controller upgraded.. just need to snag some whiskey and cheesy poofs and I'll be good to go come midnight tonight, PST.

Friend me on the One if you haven't already. Check out the group we've got forming here to be on the Master Gamertag list for Titanfall on the One if you haven't already.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328233-xbox-one-titanfall-gamertag-list-and-gaming-group/

See some of y'all tonight!

Sorry I meant the Headset reviews not the game itself.
Ah.. I haven't heard anything good about the MS headset, not from anyone.. just bad stuff. Perhaps Turtle Beach is the way to go on a $100 dime? Or heck, even the Playstation 4 Gold Wireless cans, I hear those are pretty good and, far as I know (please double-check this). can be hooked for chat with the adapter and a cable.

Anyone else checking on preorders for the collector's edition on ebay? A few have passed the 500 threshold! Although the rest look fairly normal pre release inflated prices.
They're not selling at those prices... certainly not recently.

Anyone who bought to resell is going to have an angry UPS driver tomorrow when they have to lug those gigantic boxes to your doorstep.

ibcScddzH9ft8.gif

lmao

Ah.. I haven't heard anything good about the MS headset, not from anyone.. just bad stuff. Perhaps Turtle Beach is the way to go on a $100 dime? Or heck, even the Playstation 4 Gold Wireless cans, I hear those are pretty good and, far as I know (please double-check this). can be hooked for chat with the adapter and a cable.
Actually said I was getting the Turtle Beach XO Four's in my post. :whistle2:

Anyone in line to pick there's up at midnight? I went but apparently I reserved at the wrong store (two in the same town) and the one down the street had the midnight launch. Not sure if true but when I went to the other store they said they can't move the preorder while the other store is closed.

Not the end of the world though as I still have to get a new glass shelf cut for my entertainment center for the X1 to go on.

Love to see pictures of the box for the X1 bundle.

Seems like a lot of them have been drinking... hah!

Audio fixed on the Twitch feed, finally.. though I'm not sure it's an improvement.

Clearly, though, more Titan-types are en route with Abbie's response to the question with: "I can't talk about that right now."

Last edited by a moderator:
Will be interesting to see what kinds of Titan's they add. I feel like they already have the bases covered with the whole Light-Medium-Heavy set up, can't think how they would expand it.

So much snow in the audio, the stream lost 2,000 people because of it lol. Gavin Free from Rooster Teeth is like "and I'm drunk!" and I'm like I knew it! LOL it's a party, that I can see but that audio technical difficulty situation was so uncalled for-20K people were watching.

So much snow in the audio, the stream lost 2,000 people because of it lol. Gavin Free from Rooster Teeth is like "and I'm drunk!" and I'm like I knew it! LOL it's a party, that I can see but that audio technical difficulty situation was so uncalled for-20K people were watching.
this sums up the event:

https://twitter.com/AH_BrownMan/status/443236266377637889

respawn is saying servers are going up slowly they don't want them over run with people to crash them. Another reason why i no longer go to mid night launch of games always seems like online games have issues at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What install percentage do you need on the digital copy, to be able to play it? I've been downloading for over an hour and only on 55% my internet connection is great too, MS servers are crawling.

bread's done
Back