Stand by for Titanfall!

I thought they said invites would go out before 2/17. I'm assuming there is still a chance they will add more invites once they resolve the server issues.
Heck, if they're having trouble now, they'd better increase the server load before the 11th. They might even extend the beta test if this keeps up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be prepared for these type of problems it's pretty freaking ridiculous the servers didn't even last 10 hours before an issue occurred.
And don't say "That's what these things are for" remember how the "Beta" worked out for BF4?
Bf4 was just awful game overall at launch not mainly Sever issues

Kinda stinks that the servers are acting up, but I guess this is what a beta is all about.  We signed up to help the dev's tweak their product before release, so it's not fair to bitch, IMO.  

Now, if I was one of those sad sacks who paid $40 for a beta code on ebay.....that's another story!  :rofl:

Kinda stinks that the servers are acting up, but I guess this is what a beta is all about. We signed up to help the dev's tweak their product before release, so it's not fair to bitch, IMO.

Now, if I was one of those sad sacks who paid $40 for a beta code on ebay.....that's another
story! :rofl:
Man oh man the world we live in

I wonder what they use to decide how many BETA keys are released. Is it based off of expected sales or the server load statistics of similar games (CoD, B4, etc)?

Kinda stinks that the servers are acting up, but I guess this is what a beta is all about. We signed up to help the dev's tweak their product before release, so it's not fair to bitch, IMO.

Now, if I was one of those sad sacks who paid $40 for a beta code on ebay.....that's another story! :rofl:
The original Everquest beta was way more smooth than this. All the more reason to keep the 360 around.

As for anyone paying to get into the beta.. wonder (a) how many of them are using their parents' money, and (b) who among them will not pay MSRP for the game itself.

EA is updating server status on this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall-Beta/Servers-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/2339729#U2339729

Latest update is from about an hour ago (8:07PM PST). Apparently some servers are up. Guess I'll give it another whirl before firing up Alpha Protocol.

Man. Don't know how I'm not going to buy this game. I wanna take back my Ghosts purchase since I never play it and get the mulligan to get this.

Fun, fun, fun - got in enough matches to reach Level 10, which enables you to customize your Titan loadout (though, oddly, Level 11 is when you open up some distinctly new options).

Am slightly improving.. really gotta work on my wall run.

And there are some high perches I haven't found my way up to.. I see someone on the radar, but can't quite get to them. Yet.

I put in 3 requests for a beta code and got 1. Hopefully another one will come through tomorrow and I can help a CAG out.

Tin foil hat time.

So I preordered the 360 version today through the K-Mart deal ($55 + $35 back in rewards), and I've been thinking about how the 360 version is delayed by two weeks to "polish it." I think a lot of people assumed this could merely be a tactic to push some extra Xbone sales (even if not many would drop $500 to play the game 2 weeks early).

I had another thought, though. What if the visual distinction between the Xbone version and the 360 version isn't very striking? I mean, the reports from people playing the beta are that the Xbone version looks pretty decent, but is nothing special. And we've seen the 360 have some long legs with regard to its ability to still pump out some quality graphics.

Now I'm not saying there won't be any difference. Clearly the Xbone is more powerful and should provide better visuals. But the distinction may not be as great as we would assume, which could have curbed much of the benefit to keeping the title away from the PS4.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking because I ordered the 360 version, or maybe it's not. I guess we'll have to wait and see for ourselves. Huge hype for the Digital Foundry analysis, for sure.
Might be very true since there is a report that "Titanfall 360 looks good enough to be close to Xbox One's version." I believe this from the same leaker that also reported that Titanfall alpha build texture was final and that it will ship with 16 maps. When this was initially reported about the maps and texture, Respawn denied it but later confirmed it to be all true. So there is a good chance that the 360 and Xbox one does not really stand out from each other that much.

Might be very true since there is a report that "Titanfall 360 looks good enough to be close to Xbox One's version." I believe this from the same leaker that also reported that Titanfall alpha build texture was final and that it will ship with 16 maps. When this was initially reported about the maps and texture, Respawn denied it but later confirmed it to be all true. So there is a good chance that the 360 and Xbox one does not really stand out from each other that much.
Have you played the beta? There's no way last gen can do and look this good.

Have you played the beta? There's no way last gen can do and look this good.
I am not saying that the 360 and Xbox one version would look identical from each other. It just been reported that the 360 version is actually looking way closer to the Xbox one version than people would have thought.

i can tell you the beta version looks better then alpha version i haveplayed both. alpha version was running at only 25 percent power and no way 360 runs this game close to 800 p native which i what x1 beta is right now and respawn said it might even be all the way to 900 p native come game release.

i can tell you the beta version looks better then alpha version i haveplayed both. alpha version was running at only 25 percent power and no way 360 runs this game close to 800 p native which i what x1 beta is right now and respawn said it might even be all the way to 900 p native come game release.
I notice the beta version looks better than the alpha version too. So the report of the alpha build texture is not correct.

Also my bad on reporting that Respawn said that the alpha texture was final. I just re-read Respawn response on the rumor and the only thing that they confirmed was the 16 maps was indeed true.

Looks like I got lucky with this outside of not being able to play it. Just saw another email with my second PC code.

[quote name="FellOpenIan" post="11529283" timestamp="1392475479"]They sent me another PC code if anyone wants it.[/quote]

I have a friend that would love a PC code.

I still haven't gotten a code yet. If anyone has a spare I'd appreciate it, PC or Xbox One it doesn't matter.

EDIT: Got a code, thanks again FellOpenlan.

I still haven't gotten a code yet. If anyone has a spare I'd appreciate it, PC or Xbox One it doesn't matter.
I'm going to PM you the Xbox One code that they sent me by mistake. I doubt that it'll work since I had to enter it in the form in order to get the PC code that I ended up using but it's worth a shot. Lemme know.

If anybody has a spare Xbox One code can you please PM me?

Will pass along a code if I end up getting one through email.

Was at BBY today doing the TF preorder, the checkout guy asked I played beta, told him no that I was still waiting on email. He told me to goto the ea help page and tell them you got a pc code accidentally even though I signed up for xbox and they'll send a replacement code within 2 hours.

Came home, did it, got code

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you for contacting us with your Titanfall Closed Beta code concerns. We are happy to let you know that we are able to replace your code. Please note that the following code is redeemable for the Xbox One only.

Titanfall Closed Beta key:

We tremendously appreciate your support and hope you enjoy the Beta.

Prepare for Titanfall!

Sincerely,

EA help[/SIZE]

Got three codes for the Xbox One beta.  Please just post if you use them, so others can know.

HFGPF-4RY9F-3KH9K-PDFJM-4K4MZ

HFWDH-236P4-9X34V-CCQVQ-X2KXZ

J26QG-QV67D-34KD4-2WFWM-DD2PZ

I'm playing on PC. The game makes ordinary players (me) feel in the fight so to speak. I've only played a round and the maps size force the action. I have to get used to how "vertical" the game is with the jumping and running. It doesn't really feel next gen (not a criticism just my opinion) but it looks pretty good on my high end mid level PC. The titans in the close quarters are awesome. Some might still hate on the 6 v 6 but I'm not sure this game would even work well beyond the 6 v 6 maybe 8 v 8. I think it's balanced where all players could possibly be in a Titan at the same time. And that basically you're forced into the action. titans aren't supposed to last long. They are bullet sponges in a good way. Hell half the fun is punching out. Overall if you like fast paced shooters  this is great. 

Was at BBY today doing the TF preorder, the checkout guy asked I played beta, told him no that I was still waiting on email. He told me to goto the ea help page and tell them you got a pc code accidentally even though I signed up for xbox and they'll send a replacement code within 2 hours.

Came home, did it, got code
Now that's workin' the system lol!

Anyone notice that people are leaving there titan and just camping around it to kill the other players going after their titan?

in these size of maps any more then 6 v 6 plus all those pepole titans would make it really over crowded. i kind of only wish that in games version of team death match killing cpu bots would not count to any of winning score. When i ever play thatmode you always got people that have like 40 bot kills and then under ten human player kills. 

Got three codes for the Xbox One beta. Please just post if you use them, so others can know.

HFGPF-4RY9F-3KH9K-PDFJM-4K4MZ

HFWDH-236P4-9X34V-CCQVQ-X2KXZ

J26QG-QV67D-34KD4-2WFWM-DD2PZ
I redeemed HFGPF-4RY9F-3KH9K-PDFJM-4K4MZ...thanks nightmare452! You made my Saturday.

I signed up at 9:02 the night they made sign up available and still no code. Glad I got one from some pone here. If/when I get the email, I'll post it up here. The randomness of the emails is frustrating tho.

bread's done
Back