Stand by for Titanfall!

wow nothing about 360 version in that video even says only on xbox one and pc. I really starting to wonder how many avg gamers even know this game is coming to 360 which might push x1 sales more then we were thinking.
Spending $500+ to play one game is kinda foolish, imo, especially when the XB1 library of games is still so weak in numbers. If they want to win a Darwin award, kudos to them.

Unless the previews/reviews are horrible, I'm getting the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
What shitty ass timing is this? 1 week away and they announce a season pass. Ugh.

I just spent my remaining MS currency on the Walking Dead season two pass just yesterday. How annoying. Thanks EA.

I think anyone is naive to think that a major shooter would not have a season pass.

I'll probably nab this one since I'm sure I'll be playing it a ton. I also skip the COD/BF4 passes too.

Spending $500+ to play one game is kinda foolish, imo, especially when the XB1 library of games is still so weak in numbers. If they want to win a Darwin award, kudos to them.

Unless the previews/reviews are horrible, I'm getting the 360 version.
so a 500 doller investment in a system that will have life span of 7-8 is waste of money? i did not buy x1 for launch stuff i got it for whats coming down the road.

so a 500 doller investment in a system that will have life span of 7-8 is waste of money? i did not buy x1 for launch stuff i got it for whats coming down the road.
Lol. I think your logic is fine. I just wouldn't spend $500 to play this one game. I bought a 360 just to play Halo 3, which seems contradictory to my main point, BUT that's because there was already a huge library of 360 games. I knew if I got bored of Halo or wanted to try something else, I would have plenty of cheap choices. The only other next gen games that interest me are all available on the 360 (and I've already bought and played them) so it would be foolish to spend $500 just to play Titanfall.

Plus we all know there will be a price cut (or at least great deals) on the XB1 within the next year; retailers have already given away up to $50 in gift cards and that was only in February. There are going to be better deals come Black Friday and Xmas this year.

i do agree paying 400-500 bucks for one game is super crazy.
I'm sure no one buys the console for one game. You're thinking of it all wrong. He's buying it for the one game NOW, but will also get the games he wants when they come out.

I bought an Xbox for Halo 2 and a 360 for Halo 3. But I still would buy and play other games.

24.99 is nothing for three maps packs, less than 9 bucks a pack. Not a bad deal at all if you plan on playing this game for a while. If they can do something like BF 3 and 4 that gave premium owners special unlocks and double xp events, that would be real nice.

Yeah I too grabbed the Xbox to play Halo but the difference with Titanfall it's available also on the 360. If it wasn't available on the 360 then getting the next system to play it makes sense.

Call me Captain Crazy! Dropping $645 next week on an Xbox, Titanfall, the season pass, and a year of Xbox Live! Not only am I super confidant in my purchase, but I've been saving up waiting for this exact moment... An excuse to pull the trigger on the next generation of consoles!

Call me Captain Crazy! Dropping $645 next week on an Xbox, Titanfall, the season pass, and a year of Xbox Live! Not only am I super confidant in my purchase, but I've been saving up waiting for this exact moment... An excuse to pull the trigger on the next generation of consoles!

$645? Is that everything at retail price? Right now you can get the titanfall bundle that includes a free digital titanfall game for $500, and a year of xbox live for $40 on newegg. With the season pass that should add up to $565 before tax.

You're not Captain Crazy at all, in-fact sounds like you're a pretty practical person, some might even call "old fashioned".

captain-america-2-photos-chris-evans.jpg

$645? Is that everything at retail price? Right now you can get the titanfall bundle that includes a free digital titanfall game for $500, and a year of xbox live for $40 on newegg. With the season pass that should add up to $565 before tax.
Hah! Talk about being out of the loop! Thanks for that heads up. Guess I'll just drop the left over $80 on some booze... Call it Drinkinfall. Yes. :lol:

Still concerned for the 360 version. When ads on the 360 are geared towards the Xbone even though a 360 version is coming out and when one of the heads of the company says "We're looking into getting the DLC for the 360", it makes me insanely paranoid that they're not even going to try.

EDIT: it makes me concerned for the 360 in general actually. It's great news for next gen owners, but when Microsoft and Sony say "We plan on supporting old gen for another 3 years" and stuff like this is happening already, it's not a good sign.

Still concerned for the 360 version. When ads on the 360 are geared towards the Xbone even though a 360 version is coming out and when one of the heads of the company says "We're looking into getting the DLC for the 360", it makes me insanely paranoid that they're not even going to try.

EDIT: it makes me concerned for the 360 in general actually. It's great news for next gen owners, but when Microsoft and Sony say "We plan on supporting old gen for another 3 years" and stuff like this is happening already, it's not a good sign.

I'd be willing to predict Titanfall will be great on the 360 and any fears that it's going to be crappy are just wishful thinking. The timing of the game's release itself this close to the start of next gen is a big signal that this game wasn't built specifically around next gen. They used the Source engine which was handpicked specifically to run on the 360/PS3 systems. The FPS will be smooth ala Call of Duty which is the biggest feature that makes it so popular in its gameplay. No cross gen game to date is vastly superior than its current gen version so I wouldn't be concerned about the 360 version. Bluepoint was contracted only months ago to do the port so most of the legwork was already done by Respawn. Neogaf insiders are saying that the 360 port is coming along well.

The only reason the 360 version has been held back in marketing is purely to promote the X1 sales. This game is Microsoft's chance to level the playing field with Sony and they are smartly playing their cards by being silent on the 360 version so as to set this game up as a system seller (see Titanfall bundle). The install base of 360 is significantly greater than the X1. It would make zero sense for 90% of the community to play on a crappy version.

I'd be willing to predict Titanfall will be great on the 360 and any fears that it's going to be crappy are just wishful thinking. The timing of the game's release itself this close to the start of next gen is a big signal that this game wasn't built specifically around next gen. They used the Source engine which was handpicked specifically to run on the 360/PS3 systems. The FPS will be smooth ala Call of Duty which is the biggest feature that makes it so popular in its gameplay. No cross gen game to date is vastly superior than its current gen version so I wouldn't be concerned about the 360 version. Bluepoint was contracted only months ago to do the port so most of the legwork was already done by Respawn. Neogaf insiders are saying that the 360 port is coming along well.

The only reason the 360 version has been held back in marketing is purely to promote the X1 sales. This game is Microsoft's chance to level the playing field with Sony and they are smartly playing their cards by being silent on the 360 version so as to set this game up as a system seller (see Titanfall bundle). The install base of 360 is significantly greater than the X1. It would make zero sense for 90% of the community to play on a crappy version.
There is no way Titanfall won't move X1's. All those that are in the wild right now, warming shelves? They're gonna be scooped up so fast! I can't wait to see what system sales look like at the end of the month.

Worth noting: I'm not warmongering or saying anything about anything other than X1's will be moving and systems sales will be an interesting figure to observe at the end of the month.

Of course this game will move X1's.

My point is if you think this game will be vastly superior to the 360 version, you are in for a rude awakening.

Of course this game will move X1's.

My point is if you think this game will be vastly superior to the 360 version, you are in for a rude awakening.
I do wonder why everyone acts like the PS4 versions of cross platform games are so much better than the Xbox One version, but the Xbox One and 360 Titanfall will be totally similar.

gamestop trade in value for x1 games are pretty dang high wow. Just traded in forza 5 base value with pro card was 35 with the added 40 percent for titanfall got total 50 bucks :eek:

gamestop trade in value for x1 games are pretty dang high wow. Just traded in forza 5 base value with pro card was 35 with the added 40 percent for titanfall got total 50 bucks :eek:.
You're either lying are they fucked up some how.

The base value on Forza is $25. $35 is the most you get with 40% bump.

Well I got an AWD PS4 to use as trade fodder for the Titanfall bundle. I won't have it till the 18th but I'm pumped for it now after playing the X1 last weekend with a buddy. Will spend less than $200 out of pocket after gift cards/GS coupons.

only way i could see i got that is some reason gamestop worker gave me the 30 percent plus seeing tianfall has 40 percent trade in towards it i got both. :wall: . Geez maybe i should go back and trade in more xbone games while that dude is still working lol i want pvz.

bread's done
Back