Star Ocean: First Departure for $9.99 shipped - NEWEGG

I keep holding out hope that Square-Enix might eventually put this up on PSN

they did just finally put up Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions after all

Side note, I was bummed that they put voice acting in Star Ocean 2 for the PSP. They also re-localized it and I couldn't get past the new dialog.

[quote name='buckythekat']I keep holding out hope that Square-Enix might eventually put this up on PSN

they did just finally put up Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions after all[/QUOTE]

Oh they did finally? I missed that finally going up. I have the UMD version for for cheap I might get the PSN version to play on the Vita.

[quote name='Saablic']Oh they did finally? I missed that finally going up. I have the UMD version for for cheap I might get the PSN version to play on the Vita.[/QUOTE]

yep and for only $10

[quote name='ZForce915']Side note, I was bummed that they put voice acting in Star Ocean 2 for the PSP. They also re-localized it and I couldn't get past the new dialog.[/QUOTE]

I'm playing it right now and think the voice acting is pretty good. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs for the PSP!

[quote name='keithp']I'm playing it right now and think the voice acting is pretty good. It's probably one of my favorite RPGs for the PSP![/QUOTE]

It is my favorite RPG, it's really weird to hear it acted out when you've played it so many times without. Pickpocket the old man in Mars until you get a treasure chest and behold the items it may contain!

[quote name='Enuf']Check BB clearance not sure if this made it to $3 but I saw $10 w/50% off for both games.[/QUOTE]

When was this? Didn't see it in BB Clearance tread. That's great deal, if it's real!

The walmart link is for a preowned? They put a sticker next to the image with a preowned on it, but doesn't seem to label it as such in the title, seems to be a separate listing for the preowned as well, so not sure.

I ordered one as well. I've never played any of the Star Ocean games, and $10 is the perfect price point for an impulse buy. Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZForce915']Side note, I was bummed that they put voice acting in Star Ocean 2 for the PSP. They also re-localized it and I couldn't get past the new dialog.[/QUOTE]

But there was no voice acting in the PSX version, except for during the battles. I was disappointed in SO2 as a whole, it is most fans favorite SO game, but I thought it was the weakest of the 4. The storyline had so much potential and they didn't do much with it.

[quote name='gutter2d']But there was no voice acting in the PSX version, except for during the battles. I was disappointed in SO2 as a whole, it is most fans favorite SO game, but I thought it was the weakest of the 4. The storyline had so much potential and they didn't do much with it.[/QUOTE]

wait, what?

you think it's weaker than the crap that is Last Hope's storyline and Till the End of Time's stupid Shyamalan like twist?

[quote name='buckythekat']wait, what?

you think it's weaker than the crap that is Last Hope's storyline and Till the End of Time's stupid Shyamalan like twist?[/QUOTE]

HEY! don't hate on SO3's twist! It provided people with great laughs!

(I've only played SO3....and bits of SO4. I loved both, though SO4 has some really bad voice acting....)

Picked this up to compliment SO2 on the PSP (which I need to play!). Great deal!

IMO This seemed to be super well done the way the Final Fantasy games for PSP are. Crazy production values, and no fuggly DS 3D...

BUT personally I think Star Ocean/Tales of the actionRPG games are horrifically boring. But if you like 'em, I can't imagine passing this up (although presumably you've already owned it for a few years...)

bread's done
Back