Star Wars KOTOR II at Sears for .97 Cents

Toppdog60

CAG Veteran
I was in my local sears earlier today and picked up Star Wars KOTOR II for 97 cents. The game was in a clearance bin and was unmarked. I asked the guy to scan it and it indeed scaneed in at 97 cents. This may be YMMV, but a game of that quality for about $1 is worth a shot....

Sears doesn't sell PC games so it's for XBox. The price is also YMMV. It will be on clearance at all Sears stores but it could be at a different price level, such as $2.97, $3.97, $5.97, etc.

If someone can get this game for 97 cents I'd be willing to cover shipping/a little extra. Just PM me

[quote name='RollingSkull']I am amazed at how many people love this unfinished mess of a game. *Shakes head*[/quote]

One of the greatest games of all time even with the terrible ending. Had Obsidian been able to finish it, it would be my number one game of all time. Right now its...#2 though that's an aggregation of both 1 and 2 put together.

Has anyone played this game on the 360? My copy produces a lot of strange bleeps and blurps during gameplay, and often grinds to a near halt during battle sequences.

Didn't the dialogue threads disappear after you used the choices in the original KOTOR? I hate how the same options remain even after you've used those choices once already.

[quote name='shieryda']Has anyone played this game on the 360? My copy produces a lot of strange bleeps and blurps during gameplay, and often grinds to a near halt during battle sequences.

Didn't the dialogue threads disappear after you used the choices in the original KOTOR? I hate how the same options remain even after you've used those choices once already.[/QUOTE]

I some minor problems (mostly with sound) but other than that it was playable and a very good game. However, the first game was much better.

I'm looking for a copy of this (non platinum version). Will pay $7 shipped for it. (i think that more than covers the 97cents)

Might want to stick X-Box in the subject line so know what platform. I'll pick up the Windows version, although I'm put off by how it's supposed to be unfinished. Wish Lucasarts hadn't done that...

[quote name='RollingSkull']I am amazed at how many people love this unfinished mess of a game. *Shakes head*[/QUOTE]
Unfinished yes, "mess of a game" not even close.

Easily worth $0.97. Easily worth $10, for that matter.

So seeing as how Sears and K-mart are now the same company, might we be seeing a drop at the K-marts soon? My Sears has no games but I could probably drive around to K-marts for it. It is a bit... messy but I watched my roommate play through a good chunk of the game back in 2005, it seemed fun if a bit less compelling than the original.

It was a no-go for KOTOR II that was the Platinum Hits version at my Sears (still ringing up at $19.99), so it might only be for the non-PH version.

[quote name='soonersfan60']It was a no-go for KOTOR II that was the Platinum Hits version at my Sears (still ringing up at $19.99), so it might only be for the non-PH version.[/quote]

Yeah...the one i got was non-platinum hits.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Might want to stick X-Box in the subject line so know what platform. I'll pick up the Windows version, although I'm put off by how it's supposed to be unfinished. Wish Lucasarts hadn't done that...[/QUOTE]

Considering how badly the ending falls apart it isn't hard to figure how something huge got cut out. Still though the game compliments KOTOR very well, exppanding on the philosophy behind the dark and light sides of the force. For 97 cents it is an absolute steal

See, I don't get it. KotOR2 always struck me as cheesy. Kreia was mostly know-it-all college student moral relativist. The only likeable character on the ship was Mira (Well, and HK, but that's a given.), and, frankly, the entire true villainous plan was so contrived as to be hilarious, as moderately creative as it was.

bread's done
Back