Star Wars: The Old Republic Collector's Edition available for Preorder

Chrono Gear

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (96%)
Yes I know it's not a deal. In fact, it's very expensive but it's supposedly a limited run. Only the first 50k are guaranteed the rest of the 500k are on a first come, first serve basis they claim.

Here's the links as it just went live moments ago:

Amazon

EA's Origin Store

Gamestop

EDIT: Appears to be available again for preorder. Due to the stock fluctuation I will not update availability again until it is truly dead.

81882WhX91L._AA1500_.jpg

71HO%2B9GiLWL._AA1207_.jpg

Explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy. Choose your class from a variety of classic Star Wars roles including Jedi Knight, Bounty Hunter, and Smuggler. Make decisions which define your personal story and determine your path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way you will befriend courageous companions who will fight at your side. Together, you will battle enemies in dynamic Star Wars combat, team up with other players to overcome incredible challenges and discover the wonders of the Star Wars galaxy in a fully-featured Massively Multiplayer Online Game.

Limited Collector's Edition Features

• Exclusive Gentle Giant Darth Malgus statue
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic game disks in collectible metal case
  • The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural annotated by Satele Shan
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic galaxy map
  • Custom Security Authentication Key
  • Music of Star Wars: The Old Republic CD
  • High-quality Collector's Edition box
Limited Collector's Edition - Seven Additional Digital Items

• Flare Gun: Fire flares into the air
  • Training Droid: Hovers at your side for combat assistance
  • HoloDancer: Project your own holographic dancer
  • HoloCam: Keep visual records of in-game adventures
  • STAP: Sleek and unique in-game vehicle
  • Exclusive Mouse Droid: Spunky Droid to join your adventure
  • Exclusive Collector's Edition Store: Unique in-game vendor with an assortment of items
Product Description

The Old Republic, players will explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy. Players choose to play as Jedi, Sith, or a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, defining their personal story and determining their path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way, players will befriend courageous companions who will fight at their side or possibly betray them, based on the players' actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
The CE lets you get a week of early access and the other versions only let you get 3 days or so. I think that's the only reason the codes are different.

[quote name='AceSam14']Just curious, I know Gamestop.com says that you can't cancel the order after they send you the code but what about Amazon? I'm looking at the product page and I don't see anything similar.[/QUOTE]

It says it in that pre-order bonus offer box. Codes tied to cancelled orders will be deactivated.

Same here. I really don't care to pay to play anymore anyway. I tried to get into the beta and have heard nothing as of now. If I get into that soon and like it I might get a 30 day card when the game comes out but still don't have any room for all this collector's edition stuff.

[quote name='pippin']The CE lets you get a week of early access and the other versions only let you get 3 days or so. I think that's the only reason the codes are different.[/QUOTE]
That's pure speculation at this point, as they've said nothing of the sort officially. It wouldn't surprise me if it did happen to that effect, though.
[quote name='JasonTerminator']It says it in that pre-order bonus offer box. Codes tied to cancelled orders will be deactivated.[/QUOTE]
You're not thinking outside the box here: there's nothing stopping them from canceling AFTER the early access period. Even if it shipped, you could still return it as well.

Besides, it will not be policed. If anything, they will stop canceled codes from being activated, so resellers can't just sell the codes during early access. Note I said activated, because once it's on your account at BioWare I very much doubt they would remove it. There would be FAR too much backlash once people started complaining their code was erroneously removed (whether they're lying or not). FYI, my account is registered with a canceled CE code because I grabbed an extra one as a backup. I still have access to early access and the items as of this writing.

[quote name='Jodou']That's pure speculation at this point, as they've said nothing of the sort officially. It wouldn't surprise me if it did happen to that effect, though.

You're not thinking outside the box here: there's nothing stopping them from canceling AFTER the early access period. Even if it shipped, you could still return it as well.

Besides, it will not be policed. If anything, they will stop canceled codes from being activated, so resellers can't just sell the codes during early access. Note I said activated, because once it's on your account at BioWare I very much doubt they would remove it. There would be FAR too much backlash once people started complaining their code was erroneously removed (whether they're lying or not). FYI, my account is registered with a canceled CE code because I grabbed an extra one as a backup. I still have access to early access and the items as of this writing.[/QUOTE]

It's been a day. It still might happen.

And even so, it's dishonest to pre-order just to use the code and cancel. Or is honesty something people don't value anymore?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It's been a day. It still might happen.

And even so, it's dishonest to pre-order just to use the code and cancel. Or is honesty something people don't value anymore?[/QUOTE]

I only value pre-order codes.

And money.

Kidding. I preordered to buy. I know I'll play this for at least a month or two and generally love Bioware CEs.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']It says it in that pre-order bonus offer box. Codes tied to cancelled orders will be deactivated.[/QUOTE]

wonder how long it'll take to deactivate. Since I was able to snag the CE on amazon, I canceled my standard edition. The preorder key for std is still tied to my swtor.com account, but I canceled like 30 min ago... anyway it won't let me register my CE preorder code cuz you can only have one tied to your account. So I guess I'll wait although unsure if there's truly a diff between CE and SE preorder codes according to an email over on the swtor boards:

Greetings Humanoid,

I am Protocol Droid J1-S1, Human-Cyborg relations.

I have received your transmission regarding your upgraded order.

{113}

We can confirm that there is no longer any need to amend the code attached to your account. Any code applied to your account will grant you access into the Head Start program.

Please do not be concerned if when going into the ‘My Account’ section the edition listed there is incorrect. When you receive your product code at launch and apply this to your account this will then grant you all relevant in-game items that are associated with the version that you have purchased.

For a list of all in-game items associated with pre-order versions, please visit: http://www.swtor.com/preorder

Should you need further assistance with this matter, please do not hesitate to let me know. Galactic support is our specialty...

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid J1-S1

SWTOR Customer Service

I just preordered the CE. If it sucks then I'll cancel. If it's awesome, then I'll pick up the standard edition. No way I'm shelling out $150 on this thing.

So I signed up and got the beta code and redeemed it and got the message

Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition Pre-Order
Early game access
Color Stone (Virtual Item)
We will keep you informed about early access to The Old Republic as we get closer to the game's release.

If you have any questions about your Pre-Order, please contact a member of our Customer Service Team.

May the Force be with you,

The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

This is a transactional email from the Star Wars: The Old Republic Team.

To help ensure that you receive emails from Star Wars: The Old Republic, please add [email protected] to your address book.

So how do I get into the actual beta?

Once you register a pre-order code, you can't add any additional ones. It's just the early access and the stone, doesn't impact any of the bonus items that would come with either of the CE's. That will be a code in the box itself. Sitting on 3 codes cuz of this pre-order silliness. Wish I knew there was a CE when I first ordered when that email came out, then I wouldn't be worried about whether I'm getting one or not.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Word on the street is that the game client is gigantic, like 30-40 GB gigantic. Make sure you don't have bandwidth restrictions if you plan to play early, because that's one hell of a download!

Also, this makes me super stoked to play it, since that's 4 times the size of Rift!

http://www.torreport.com/563/pre-order-digital-buyers-beware/[/QUOTE]

Don't let the size of the game fool you. Much of GB's used are because of all of the characters are voiced. I think it will be big, but still comparable to other MMO's

[quote name='aznguyen316']wonder how long it'll take to deactivate. Since I was able to snag the CE on amazon, I canceled my standard edition. The preorder key for std is still tied to my swtor.com account, but I canceled like 30 min ago... anyway it won't let me register my CE preorder code cuz you can only have one tied to your account. So I guess I'll wait although unsure if there's truly a diff between CE and SE preorder codes according to an email over on the swtor boards:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, from what I understand you can have a situation like this resolved by contacting CS but they're saying it could take up to 7 days to fix. It's for reasons like this I can guarantee the fine print is just to deter folks from exploiting pre-orders.

That email rules out the possibility of early access being divided like it was for Warhammer, which I'm actually relieved. It was fucking stupid being two days ahead of the rest of my guild at launch and them never really being able to catch up to us with the CE. So, to be clear, it doesn't matter which pre-order code you use so long as you tie one to your account before early access.

Also, I put down a reserve for a CE at GameStop yesterday as a B&M failsafe should anything happen to my Amazon delivery. The reason I bring this up is because the pre-order code DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY PRINT. You absolutely must make sure they print the separate receipt with the code or else they can print it out next time you visit since it's tied to your GS account. Just an FYI for anyone that goes this route.

[quote name='bdb2m']Don't let the size of the game fool you. Much of GB's used are because of all of the characters are voiced. I think it will be big, but still comparable to other MMO's[/QUOTE]

This is true about the audio files.. however my WoW client at the moment is ~30GB though haha

Not sure if this has been answered. Just pre-ordered instore for normal version NO pre-order code on receipt? Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='SnoT']Not sure if this has been answered. Just pre-ordered instore for normal version NO pre-order code on receipt? Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]

You need to go back and tell them to print you out another receipt, it was mentioned a few posts/pages back I think? There's supposed to be 2 receipts they print you I believe, mean while the online ones are emailed a few minutes/hours after the preorder completes.

[quote name='hustletron']You need to go back and tell them to print you out another receipt, it was mentioned a few posts/pages back I think? There's supposed to be 2 receipts they print you I believe, mean while the online ones are emailed a few minutes/hours after the preorder completes.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. I pre-ordered in store, and the employee printed me a code on a separate receipt right after i pre-ordered.

[quote name='aznguyen316']wonder how long it'll take to deactivate. Since I was able to snag the CE on amazon, I canceled my standard edition. The preorder key for std is still tied to my swtor.com account, but I canceled like 30 min ago... anyway it won't let me register my CE preorder code cuz you can only have one tied to your account. So I guess I'll wait although unsure if there's truly a diff between CE and SE preorder codes according to an email over on the swtor boards:[/QUOTE]

From what I can tell at this point the codes do not deactivate. In fact, EA support says there is actually no way to delink or alter the code once its been added to your account.

There is a lot of conjecture about this so if anyone has actually had a code deactivated(not just read the disclaimer in the preorder box or on amazon) please speak up, because I changed my preorder to the CE on Friday at amazon and I still can't remove the code. It also still shows on my origin account.

Crap, I haven't received my credit yet for my AMZ trade-ins!

Does anyone here know if AMZ can manually input my account credit towards this later if I pre-order now?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Crap, I haven't received my credit yet for my AMZ trade-ins!

Does anyone here know if AMZ can manually input my account credit towards this later if I pre-order now?[/QUOTE]

You could order now then email them and ask them to do it. Worst case, cancel and reorder.

I love you, clownie.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']You could order now then email them and ask them to do it. Worst case, cancel and reorder.

I love you, clownie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right, I shouldn't procrastinate...these already went OOS once and I don't want to gamble. Besides, I just realized I still have $35 promo credit.

Thanks Dave! :D

I have preordered the collectors day it was announced, got the code, now waiting on my beta code to be sent to me from bioware. Cant wait.

Question, i have a alienware m11x and i have no dvd drive, the registration code that will come with the game, will allow me to just input that code then digitally download right?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Crap, I haven't received my credit yet for my AMZ trade-ins!

Does anyone here know if AMZ can manually input my account credit towards this later if I pre-order now?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can.....once you get your credit, go to your open orders in your account and click on the order for this....when the page opens up, at the top, it will say what your current credit balance is and there will be a button or link asking if you want to apply your credit to this order.

This doesn't seem particularly deal-ish or cheap-ish or even cheap-ass-ish. Just ass-ish.

I hope you guys don't get pissed if these things show up six months later for $20-50 in every Best Buy. I can imagine you guys going, "They said it was going to be limited! I thought it was going to be limited! I bought it for... oh God, how could I do that to myself? What have I done? Oh God, whyyyy?"

Because I know for a fact that on the day it hits $49 at Best Buy, I'll be hitting a thread to say, "You can look at my post history. I said it'd be like this."

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']This doesn't seem particularly deal-ish or cheap-ish or even cheap-ass-ish. Just ass-ish.

I hope you guys don't get pissed if these things show up six months later for $20-50 in every Best Buy. I can imagine you guys going, "They said it was going to be limited! I thought it was going to be limited! I bought it for... oh God, how could I do that to myself? What have I done? Oh God, whyyyy?"

Because I know for a fact that on the day it hits $49 at Best Buy, I'll be hitting a thread to say, "You can look at my post history. I said it'd be like this."[/QUOTE]

Cool story bro.

Try finding previous Bioware CE's for less than MSRP. Oh wait, you NEVER DO.

You clearly underestimate the obscene popularity of MMO's and coupled with a star wars them...well that just equals a nerd wet dream.

These will sell out.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Cool story bro.

Try finding previous Bioware CE's for less than MSRP. Oh wait, you NEVER DO.[/QUOTE]

DA2 Signature?

I agree these will sell out though

[quote name='GBAstar']DA2 Signature?

I agree these will sell out though[/QUOTE]

Disagree with first point but agree with the second. I don't think the DA2 SE was really a collector's edition. It was just a preorder incentive. This however, is a full-on CE, and will sell out. Good luck to all of the "I'll pick it up at $50 guys." You'll be looking for a helluva lot longer than these will be available.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Disagree with first point but agree with the second. I don't think the DA2 SE was really a collector's edition. It was just a preorder incentive. This however, is a full-on CE, and will sell out. Good luck to all of the "I'll pick it up at $50 guys." You'll be looking for a helluva lot longer than these will be available.[/QUOTE]

DA: Origin CE?

You can pick it up sub $50 on eBay/CE

Also I predict ME3 will be the first CE it releases that hangs around till it reaches a clearance selling point. They are destined to over produce that

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Really? Well, touche, then![/QUOTE]

I'm at work and I"m bored. I'm not too familiar with bioware outside of Mass Effect so I thought I'd do some research.

It's a mute point though because even though I hate mmo's I know this CE will sell really well.

I'm one that hardly buys CE's, unless it's dirt cheap months later.

But I agree with some of the others here...these will sell out. Even if they make 500,000...these will still sell out and gain value over time. This game is no SW: Galaxies. Origin already sold out. Amazon did before, but received more. Don't know how long these will last though.

Besides, this is Star Wars....and especially after Comic-Con, the anticipation of a lot of people is growing. Check out this walkthrough gameplay video from Comic-Con 2011...friggin' great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKzDhTwVWg

[quote name='GBAstar']DA: Origin CE?

You can pick it up sub $50 on eBay/CE

Also I predict ME3 will be the first CE it releases that hangs around till it reaches a clearance selling point. They are destined to over produce that[/QUOTE]

Why would they over-produce the ME3 CE? They didn't do it with ME2.

And DA: Origins has been out 2 years, with a superior version released for less money, of course the CE isn't going to retain value. I'm talking about retailer overstocks like Amazon's putting the Reach Legendary on sale for $60. That likely won't happen here.

[quote name='jling84']Has anyone gotten the CE as their Amazon gold box quick pick?[/QUOTE]
CE's rarely get the nod for quick picks, but as I and others already have them on order it's going to be hard for anyone to report it showing up if it does.

Don't know if this went out of stock on Amazon and came back in, but I see it on the movers and shakers list, so I'm guessing that's what happened.

[quote name='CheapyD']Don't know if this went out of stock on Amazon and came back in, but I see it on the movers and shakers list, so I'm guessing that's what happened.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's been in and out of stock for a couple months now. This is probably going to be a last call for any cancellations they had.

bread's done
Back