Star Wars: The Old Republic - Out now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='lmz00']How do we change the color of our Lightsaber?[/QUOTE]

Item Modification Station + Crystal (Stats + Color). The game should have directed you to one right after obtaining your first lightsaber.

Are they "turning off" access once Dec 20 rolls around or are they giving some leeway for when you receive your copy?

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Good news everyone!

http://www.amazon.com/Pre-order-Shi...KIZE/Tx323SVRB68I71Y/1/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp

Amazon is shipping TOR early! If you got 2-day shipping or better, you should get the game on the 19th or earlier!

I upgraded to 1-day shipping a couple days ago, so hopefully I'll have the game on the 17th, since they say they are shipping on the 15th!

So, yeah, no gaps in playtime![/QUOTE]

Just got an email confirming that I can get the game by Friday.

Unfortunately, I still don't have early access. The game just finished pre-loading. I guess this will save some time with the patches next week.

[quote name='starkillr']Are they "turning off" access once Dec 20 rolls around or are they giving some leeway for when you receive your copy?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they cut it off and want you to input your retail code.

I didn't get an email, but checking my order status implies that I'll also have my CE by Friday!

A glorious day this is, although that's gotta be painful if somebody gets their boxed copy before they get into early access.

After playing for two days, I am honestly astonished at how much Bioware has done to fix things that piss me off in other MMOs, even from the last beta to now! Only thing that bugs me is that I can't get a violet lightsaber crystal yet...

I love this damn game. I just wish there was a way to get all the CE stuff without having to open the box, that way I could get it graded. Might have to buy an extra copy from eBay.

[quote name='lmz00']I love this damn game. I just wish there was a way to get all the CE stuff without having to open the box, that way I could get it graded. Might have to buy an extra copy from eBay.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's worth it to be honest. At least, not the whole box. The Malgus statue, yes. That is something a ton of fans collect, and a graded one would net a good value.

What do you mean by "grading" it? Is this some collector's appraisal of an item that's formalized and recognized?

[quote name='starkillr']What do you mean by "grading" it? Is this some collector's appraisal of an item that's formalized and recognized?[/QUOTE]

Yes. For instance, if a collector buys an action figure that's rare, it's valuable. This value can be increased, sometimes exponentially, by having it graded. This gives a numerical value to the condition of the item, rather that "Mint" or the like. A vinyl cape Jawa is valuable, for instance, but if it's in package and graded, the value skyrockets. That's why I don't believe that getting the entire package graded would be worthwhile, as most collectors would really only care about the statue grade.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yes. For instance, if a collector buys an action figure that's rare, it's valuable. This value can be increased, sometimes exponentially, by having it graded. This gives a numerical value to the condition of the item, rather that "Mint" or the like. A vinyl cape Jawa is valuable, for instance, but if it's in package and graded, the value skyrockets. That's why I don't believe that getting the entire package graded would be worthwhile, as most collectors would really only care about the statue grade.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting stuff. Being an avid trading card collector (sports mostly) this is something I know a lot about pertaining to trading cards but I had no idea of such a thing for statues/figures.

Also well done Bioware on the grace period announcement. It's the right thing to do PR wise and has really no discernible downside. I'm supposed to get my CE from Amazon tomorrow anyways but still well done.

[quote name='cgarb84']That's interesting stuff. Being an avid trading card collector (sports mostly) this is something I know a lot about pertaining to trading cards but I had no idea of such a thing for statues/figures.

Also well done Bioware on the grace period announcement. It's the right thing to do PR wise and has really no discernible downside. I'm supposed to get my CE from Amazon tomorrow anyways but still well done.[/QUOTE]

If you'd like some examples, check out brianstoys.com

I collected SW memorabilia up until a couple years ago, but never bothered to have anything graded. Hope I can just keep it nice and make a few grand off of it in a few years.

[quote name='lmz00']I was referring to getting it graded as a sealed game, not as an action figure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I realized after I posted, haha! Didn't actually know about the VGA, just the AFA and the like. Then it might be worth it, but seems like a rather large initial investment that might not pay off too well. It's not like the Dead Space LE. It's limited, but not even close to only 1000 over all platforms. I wouldn't do it, but to each his own!

My order for the CE is in shipping soon status w/Amazon, but I didn't have a chance to change from "FSSS", so it says I won't get the game until after the 25th. :(

Here's hoping by some miracle that Amazon uses UPS or FedEx 2-3 day to send it (which they've done sometimes on heavier/more expensive items).

I started early access last night--loving the game a lot so far! It's like the old days of Evercrack for me as I haven't been this engrossed in an MMO in a long time. Playing a Sith Inquisitor since it's only way to get a Twilek dark side character. It's interesting to see how the NPCs react to your dialog choices...

[quote name='JasonTerminator']My CE shipped today, and they didn't charge me for my overnight shipping!

Amazon is awesome!

Also, The Esseles is too damn long.[/QUOTE]

Mine is still in "Shipping Soon" :cry:

Ridiculous.

swtor.jpg

Well, now that they're finally forcing us offline for maintenance I can troll here before bed ha. Been going strong since day one and my BH is 37 now; hoping to be 50 by the weekend for PvP or FPs. This game far exceeded my expectations, just an absolute fantastic launch and game. It never ceases to amaze me how much they've polished and broken the mold with shitty games like WoW. If ever a game was to claim being a wow-killer, this is it.

I'm still not sure how well it will retain me at endgame, but regardless it is already the best MMO to date. Maybe that's because it's such an incredible SP game at heart, but the MP elements are integrated perfectly TBH. There aren't enough hours in the day for this game. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Well, now that they're finally forcing us offline for maintenance I can troll here before bed ha. Been going strong since day one and my BH is 37 now; hoping to be 50 by the weekend for PvP or FPs. This game far exceeded my expectations, just an absolute fantastic launch and game. It never ceases to amaze me how much they've polished and broken the mold with shitty games like WoW. If ever a game was to claim being a wow-killer, this is it.

I'm still not sure how well it will retain me at endgame, but regardless it is already the best MMO to date. Maybe that's because it's such an incredible SP game at heart, but the MP elements are integrated perfectly TBH. There aren't enough hours in the day for this game. . .[/QUOTE]

This is awesome to hear! Can't wait until tomorrow when my CE arrives!

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Sorc/Sage is probably the best class in the game for PVP, yeah.[/QUOTE]

Still pretty crazy though. Level 19, you can get up to 200k maybe. As soon as you hit 20 and have a certain build, you seem to be able to get up to 350k. Pretty big jump. This was only after getting sick of everybody killing me in PvP as a healer so I've temporarily spec'd DPS.

One of the tradeskills seems to be quite the money maker. I'm only level 21 and have over 100k. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Draekon']Still pretty crazy though. Level 19, you can get up to 200k maybe. As soon as you hit 20 and have a certain build, you seem to be able to get up to 350k. Pretty big jump. This was only after getting sick of everybody killing me in PvP as a healer so I've temporarily spec'd DPS.

One of the tradeskills seems to be quite the money maker. I'm only level 21 and have over 100k. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Slicing? I went with Biochem since the end game reusable stims are really nice. I'll do slicing on my first alt though, hopefully before they nerf it.

[quote name='tcrash247']Slicing? I went with Biochem since the end game reusable stims are really nice. I'll do slicing on my first alt though, hopefully before they nerf it.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much and with multiple companions, it's pretty crazy. I have my skill over 300 already.

Got my CE today from Amazon. The statue is extremely nice. Very well made, but I should expect that from Gentle Giant, and it's pretty heavy. The Jedi journal is pretty cool too after skimming through it.

[quote name='Gannikus']After 3 hours and 50 mins on HOLD, finally got my account back =D ugh POS customer service -_-[/QUOTE]

Yes, their CS is WAY, WAY, WAAAAAY understaffed. It's unbelieveable. You'd think they thought that no one had ever heard of or was intersested in playing a game about Star Wars before. Are the thousands of people maxxing out every new server they put online not a good enough indicator of how many people are needed to manage this operation?

Switching gears, I have to give big props to Amazon and whoever is doing distribution for this game, because they also shipped my CE out today via 2nd day air. No small thing considering I'm out in Hawaii. Thank you very much Amazon (as well as the distributor of the game for getting the copies ready in enough time for early shipment) for making a big effort to get the game into my hands by the time the game officially launches...

Kind of disappointed in the CE. Packaging is not very great, and the statue's pegs are slightly bent. Nothing I can do about it really, though... Glad I picked it up for $95 after credit. I'd be pissed if I paid $150.

[quote name='ShadowSx']http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=28618

Preorders get a 2 day grace period until they need to input their retail code.[/QUOTE]

Gee. They turn around what they say again. Glad to see they did it, but they should have figured this shit out before hand.

[quote name='Gannikus']This que is unbelievably long :[ artificially capping the popular servers :[[/QUOTE]

Swarms can only take so many incoming connections before it begins affecting everybody.

Also worth noting that you should wait to redeem your code until after the grace period (the 22th), because the billing cycle starts when you redeem it. That way you can get an extra 2 days.

IMO their 6 months subscription doesn't have enough of a discount for me to ever choose it, hopefully in the future they'll start giving better discounts

Debating between the 2 extra days or getting my CE items on my account. I'm leaning towards the items as of now but I'm not 100% sure yet

[quote name='MoCiWe']Debating between the 2 extra days or getting my CE items on my account. I'm leaning towards the items as of now but I'm not 100% sure yet[/QUOTE]

Wait the extra days. The CE items aren't as exciting as they sound. I got them today because I really wanted them but I wish I just waited. The only item that's really worthwhile is the STAP but unless you're planning on hitting 25 soon, might as well wait.

[quote name='tcrash247']Wait the extra days. The CE items aren't as exciting as they sound. I got them today because I really wanted them but I wish I just waited. The only item that's really worthwhile is the STAP but unless you're planning on hitting 25 soon, might as well wait.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably do this..

Anyway, anyone feels the way I do.. SWTOR is pretty much a single player game that forces you to group and do PVP stuff sometimes?

^ Yeah. I'm level 15, and I've only been in one group. And that was just for one mission boss, since we were both waiting for it to respawn. I imagine as you progress through the game, and enemies get more difficult, you'll have to be in groups.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Kind of disappointed in the CE. Packaging is not very great, and the statue's pegs are slightly bent. Nothing I can do about it really, though... Glad I picked it up for $95 after credit. I'd be pissed if I paid $150.[/QUOTE]

The pegs are supposed to be tight, otherwise the damn thing would fall apart if you move it.

Personally I love the CE, but mostly because of the Journal of Master Gnost-Dural. That thing is really, really cool.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']The pegs are supposed to be tight, otherwise the damn thing would fall apart if you move it.

Personally I love the CE, but mostly because of the Journal of Master Gnost-Dural. That thing is really, really cool.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, well worth the $150 price tag. I'm proudly displaying my statue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back