Starcraft Game Arrangement Thread. Also, buy House of the Dead: Overkill

I would like to also point out that if you are having trouble hosting games on Bnet (and opening router ports doesn't help), you and your opponent can play a game through a virtual LAN through the program Hamachi (download the free version). Make your own server and password and tell others the server name and password and have them join it. Then go to the LAN (UDP) multiplayer option in Starcraft and you'll be able to make games and others will be able to join. I've been using this with my friends for the past few months with success most of the time.

(If you find that people can't "see" your games, have everyone restart their Hamachi client)

Sorry for not responding and particpating. I have been in Canada on vacation for a week or so and just got back home tonight.

I usually play on east, and my name is a.wentz - I will make an account on west and try to play with you guys soon. I'm not sure if I sent in my APM or not (I think I did), but it fluctuates from 65-100 depending on the game and the day, etc. lol. I usually play protoss.

Shinra, I have PM'd you.

See you all soon!

We went to the French River (near Sudbury) and stayed in a lodge up there - it was a very nice, relaxing vacation away from the ringing phones and television sets. The last full day we had there, I managed to catch a fat 40" northern pike - weighed somewhere around 20-22 lbs. Also managed to catch up on reading (Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad... excellent read) and play through some Pheonix Wright (up to case 4!)

I am glad to be back though!

I might play later tonight. Generally I can't get on until 10:30 or later Central time, and it seems like no one is on then. I've counted at least a half dozen times this has happened.

[quote name='The Crotch']Lordwow, remember our game in an hour and a half. I am going on now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the game/whooping Crotch. I need to practice my 1v1 a bit, usually play team games. Hopefully we can do a 2v2 tourney or something in the future!

Well, looks like my opponent didn't show up tonight. I guess I must have scared him in our practice match yesterday. I didn't think I was THAT good. I always feel like I'm not doing enough during a game. Anyways, I guess I made it to the 2nd bracket.

cunphuzd wins our round.

game 1: I was protoss, he was terran.

he soundly beat my corsair rush with his force of medics.. he blinded them all.. i got freaked out and conceded the match.

I was terran he was terran:
game 2:

I started with a risky Command Center drop. I flew over, but he had a single marine and due to some BS bug I couldn't land a building on his marine.. OMGWTF! who designed this game! building drops should be a viable strat..

We'll call that the official record.. in reality I won't be playing in the next several days, and I conceed our matches. Work is keeping me busy.

congrats to kyo/phoom. i'm disappointed in the game i played, but that's just me being butt hurt/sore. i would like a rematch just for fun and not counting towards anything.

Just watched Phoom vs. Jarvis - it was pretty entertaining. I thought Jarvis had it, for a while.

GG

[quote name='jarvis307']congrats to kyo/phoom. i'm disappointed in the game i played, but that's just me being butt hurt/sore. i would like a rematch just for fun and not counting towards anything.[/quote]
That was an awesome game actually Jarvis. The momentum was going back and forth and it was difficult to see who would gain the upper hand (well at least for me it did)

We'll rematch the next time we meet on b.net ^_^

We have people from all skill levels. I'm willing to bet you can find somebody you can beat and somebody that will trounce you :p

[quote name='Kyo']That was an awesome game actually Jarvis. The momentum was going back and forth and it was difficult to see who would gain the upper hand (well at least for me it did)

We'll rematch the next time we meet on b.net ^_^[/quote]

i never felt i had the upperhand in that match. early on you killed all my overlords and i had to defend after that. i did feel i made some very poor mistakes though. at the end when you attacked, i had a ton of gas and i never built any scourges.

i guess it was close when we traded expos, but i never really thought i had a legit chance after my overlords were killed. i've never had a zerg player fly scourges into my overlords before. very well played on your part.

I think part of the reason for so many forfeits is the 2-days to play. I was lucky I had a night off I could play Crotch, but working 2 jobs, my free time is limited. It may be easier if we have say, a week, to play.

[quote name='lordwow']I think part of the reason for so many forfeits is the 2-days to play. I was lucky I had a night off I could play Crotch, but working 2 jobs, my free time is limited. It may be easier if we have say, a week, to play.[/quote]

I think a week would be a better amount of time as well. This way people who are busy on weekdays can at least schedule a weekend match.

[quote name='The Crotch']
Round two will last from Thursday to Monday. Does that seem long enough?[/QUOTE]

Ya, I think that's more reasonable.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']so metamucil owned me three times in a row haha, it was great[/QUOTE]
Now I don't feel as bad losing to metamucil. I played a good game vs him and still lost. I'm still not really sure what happened. BTW he's not even their best player.

Is it to early to start asking about the 2nd round map? Personally, I'll like to see more 4 player maps and less 2 player maps being chosen. I like the extra bit of randomness in a 1v1 on a 4 player map. Plus, I've played those a lot more then 2 player maps. I guess I'm just more use to them.

ya Metamucil has good strategy. First game we played was PvT, which is basically a guaranteed loss for me. Next two games we randomed both times, and both were TvP matchups, and Terran is my worse race haha

That's weird, I'm having troubles viewing the winner bracket but none viewing the loser bracket. Maybe it's just my comp, but I'll check again later. Good luck to all competetors (sp?)

Cheers :)

[quote name='pcktlnt']That's weird, I'm having troubles viewing the winner bracket but none viewing the loser bracket. Maybe it's just my comp, but I'll check again later. Good luck to all competetors (sp?)

Cheers :)[/quote]

If you're trying to see who you're playing, it's me :p

Just wanted to make one last post in here, because by this time tomorrow I will probably be dead. I am matched up against Oktoberfest, and will consider it a victory if I last 10 minutes.

Farewell CAG, you have saved me so much money, yet I hardly knew ye. It is unfortunate that I still have games shrinkwrapped that I have bought, but still haven't played.

Proposed Match Time: Saturday (7/14), 9pm EST, CAG Channel
HotShotX vs. Raymond (Ikai)
Awaiting confirmation from Ikai.

~HotShotX

TC, ihavenolife123 said to go ahead and let me advance. I guess that means you and I play.

I am gone all day at the Video Games Live concert, and there's no way I'll be in any condition to play tonight (driving, Guitar Hero II contest, etc), so tomorrow would be pretty good if you want to throw me a time frame.

Feel free to post in here or to PM.

I guess I should let you guys know in advance, I am going on vacation from next Thursday to the following Wed, so I will be unable to play any games then.

Well, I lost, as predicted. But the good news is that I lasted longer than 10 minutes (my goal) to 15 minutes.

At first I was contemplating playing random hoping it would make him hesitate to build a certain way until he knew what I was doing, but then I knew it wouldn't help me anyway so I went Zerg. Oktoberfest (DarrenC) was Protoss.

I knew Oktoberfest was coming at me fast, so I tried to get some sunken colonies for defense. But he is very good at micromanaging and kept me occupied with his dragoons. I was able to slow his initial attack with zerglings but he kept whittling away at me. First taking out my Hydra Den, and then my Spawning Pool and the last of my sunken colonies.

So no Spawing Pool and I was a sitting duck, though I did have another expansion (very small one) going in the south. But its death was only inevitable. A couple of minutes later and he brought the whole army, dark templars, Archons, everyone. I did have one sunken colony for defense, lol. After suffering more casualties I told my last drone and zergling to "Run for your lives!" But they had no way out as the choke was blocked, so they looked at each other and jumped off the cliff to their deaths, 'Thelma and Louise' style.

bread's done
Back