Starhawk ps3, $39.99 new, 34.99 used @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
sorry if this was already posted.
i just checked out gamestop.com and saw starhawk for $39.99 new and $34.99 used.
i didn't say online price, so thats the price in the store also.

Just looking at the in-store pickup option, it notes that the in-store price is $54.99. Is the website just not updated or does it really ring up at $54.99? Do they match their own website?

The website doesn't list the LE anymore, so I guess it's a crap shoot on if you can find one or not. I'll hit a couple stores nearby to check I guess. I'd do Newegg but I don't want to wait...and no credit ;]

the $20 worth of content in the limited edition makes me wonder if its worth finding a new copy somewhere, its gamestop exclusive?

also is the warhawk download the ps1 version or the ps3 version? EDIT: ps1 version according to a search, maybe the limited is not worth the extra. it has some skins and 1 coop map.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Released two months and already dropped. Will wait for the $20 range or BB DOTD.[/QUOTE]game didn't sell(150,000 copies) well enough to hold $60 price point like UC3 or GOW3 so MSRP was inevitable. had they done more promos & not released so close to another big title could've helped. Even if they released during the holidays this game would've at least more 500,000.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']This current generation's last couple of years has not fared well with games, even blockbuster titles dropping much more quickly then expected, Starhawk is just one of the many examples.
-Good find though[/QUOTE]

This generation's systems have been out a lot longer then normal, and it's faster and (in general) less expensive to produce games. More games on the market (even more AAA games), and shelf life can drop. I think competition between stores has risen because of used games as well. Still, the games are dropping pretty fast on brand new releases, but I don't think that indicates failure for the generation (not that you're saying its a failure).

[quote name='ETERNIA FOREVER']Hey guys can someone kindly help me with this question, I got starhawk at bestbuy useing $60 of reward certificates, how does this work if i want to pricematch the cost drop.. will they give me a gift card for $20 or how will this work then... Thanks

Also this is my 1st post here and thanks so much too all the people who contribute on this site and help people with savings as this is my new favorite site and i just wanted too say THANKS and this forums is amazingggggggggggg[/QUOTE]

Be ready for the following:
1) You have to read posts past the first page ... a lot of strategies for deals that are posted are discovered well beyond what the main post says.

2) There are almost always good deals on here. You can end up with a backlog of games that you never play ... ever ... they sit on your shelf for months until you trade them in. Have fun but don't let this website turn you into a gaming deal junkie.

3) Saving money can get expensive =).

With this price drop so soon, this seems like an obvious choice to be rotated into the next round of PSN Plus "Instant Library" games. If only Sony were so smart....

wow thank you cag.
got limited edition used at gamestop with 10 off coupon so 21.50 total
went home and limited editon code was still valid!
great deal thank you
also yeah they printed a new online pass on the receipt, so that worked out great! woot

[quote name='paulwekiva']Be ready for the following:
1) You have to read posts past the first page ... a lot of strategies for deals that are posted are discovered well beyond what the main post says.

2) There are almost always good deals on here. You can end up with a backlog of games that you never play ... ever ... they sit on your shelf for months until you trade them in. Have fun but don't let this website turn you into a gaming deal junkie.

3) Saving money can get expensive =).[/QUOTE]

Thanks man and yeah definitely i can see that already starting to happen with buying alot more gamesss i previously did, I just started posting however i have looked at this site for the past few month an in that time the library of games that i have went from like 60 to over one hundred lol, however i have a nice display area set uppp an am enjoying seeing the collection growing as to me it is looking cool as a display, now if only i get some time to play them all lmao... At any rate thanks for the response my friend

[quote name='erequena']Thanks! I was about to bite on it for $41 on Amazon (through J&R), so thanks for saving me 4 bucks :D[/QUOTE]

No problem, now you have $4 to spend on a another game.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Released two months and already dropped. Will wait for the $20 range or BB DOTD.[/QUOTE]

As a largely MP-centric game, this seems like the time to get in, not down the road when everyone has moved on to something else.

Agreed, though the original PS3 Warhawk kept a pretty healthy community years after release (I think they're still going strong actually!), so it might not be as risky as say, a FPS, where most players flock to the next big thing two months after release

Yeah, Starhawk has the benefit of being a fairly unique third person shooter/aerial action game. Lots of players who don't care for FPS games play these two games.

i bought this game at launch well worth the price, one of the better shooters in the market, very strong community and devs have already said they have a contract with sony to provide a lot of free DLC

if you ever played warhawk than you know 2 things about starhawk that it will have very strong/vocal community and the game will be supported/updated on regular bases

[quote name='rvdrock']This is an official price drop. It should be 39.99 everywhere soon.[/QUOTE]

$20 doesn't seem too far off then. I can wait.

Picked up a Limited Edition copy today for $22.49 before tax.

Had both Limited and Normal editions but I like the Limited Edition cover more.

[quote name='hostyl1']With this price drop so soon, this seems like an obvious choice to be rotated into the next round of PSN Plus "Instant Library" games. If only Sony were so smart....[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it will show up there soon.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Released two months and already dropped. Will wait for the $20 range or BB DOTD.[/QUOTE]
Is this supposed to be a surprise? MOST games can be found for $20 less within 2 months of release. This is nothing against Starhawk. Its the nature of the business today and thank god. Benefits all of us

[quote name='hostyl1']With this price drop so soon, this seems like an obvious choice to be rotated into the next round of PSN Plus "Instant Library" games. If only Sony were so smart....[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. . .

I ended up grabbing this from BB after getting a price adjust on Sorcery and trading in Infamous 2, so I paid about $22 in credit. Played a few games and its very good and fun, but i dont fully understand everything and I'm not good at all yet so its a constant deathfest so far, but I'm gonna stick with it cause I know it'll be supported long term

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I ended up grabbing this from BB after getting a price adjust on Sorcery and trading in Infamous 2, so I paid about $22 in credit. Played a few games and its very good and fun, but i dont fully understand everything and I'm not good at all yet so its a constant deathfest so far, but I'm gonna stick with it cause I know it'll be supported long term[/QUOTE]

That's why I'm playing through the campaign so I can grasp the mechanics. Sorcery is phenomenal! It's by far the best Move I ever played. It doesn't let up.

[quote name='Wario64']This game will be $30 next Tuesday according to some guy on my Twitter feed that's usually reliable[/QUOTE]

at gamestop or another store?

I was waiting forever for a deal on this game, and it is finally here. However, I've inserted Skyrim into my PS3 and as everybody knows once that happens you can't play another game for 4+ months. Guess I'll have to pass.

[quote name='Wario64']This game will be $30 next Tuesday according to some guy on my Twitter feed that's usually reliable[/QUOTE]

This is tempting. Ill buy a new copy to support the devs :)

[quote name='Wario64']Gamestop

part of a summer sale[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'll wait until next week. I got GS credit that I can use.

[quote name='Wario64']Gamestop

part of a summer sale[/QUOTE]
wasnt a fan of the beta and dont shop at GS but thats tempting

[quote name='Wario64']That's all he said[/QUOTE]

thanks, will wait to next week. hope fully some other noteworthy titles are included in that sale

[quote name='officerrickyross222']did he mention anything else that might be on sale ?[/QUOTE]this sale is usually the $hit, borderlands GoTY was $20 right when it just got the version with DLC on disc. Tons on $20ish titles or less & the sale usually goes for well over a month.

is starhawk that good? reviews seem to be mixed

i'm debating whether i should use the $10 off coupon for 2000 points, making it $25

if gamestop doesn't print out the online pass, maybe i'll wait until this supposed summer sale that was mentioned

From what I heard today at my local Gamestop Starhawk is on sale for $30 on the 26th only and Twisted Metal will be on sale that week for one day only as well.

[quote name='Von Ondine']From what I heard today at my local Gamestop Starhawk is on sale for $30 on the 26th only and Twisted Metal will be on sale that week for one day only as well.[/QUOTE]

So there could be a deal of the day for that whole week ? Nice :)

barry burton. i used that coupon and am pur so i picked this up 21.50 total and got online pass on the receipt. i also got lucky and limited edition code wasn't even redeemed. woot. havn't touched yet tho...

[quote name='Alex121006'](EDIT from original posting) (IT) didn't say online price. :)[/QUOTE]
FYI: You can edit your original post by clicking EDIT, then clicking GO ADVANCED.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']FYI: You can edit your original post by clicking EDIT, then clicking GO ADVANCED.[/QUOTE]

i dont think i can because im using my ipod on the CAG mobile site. i did try looking a few times in the past how to EDIT but couldn't find the link on here. but thanks for the info. :)

bread's done
Back