Starhawk ps3, $39.99 new, 34.99 used @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
sorry if this was already posted.
i just checked out gamestop.com and saw starhawk for $39.99 new and $34.99 used.
i didn't say online price, so thats the price in the store also.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']does gamestop really give online passes for used sony games that require them?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so for all Sony games but Starhawk yes.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's why I'm playing through the campaign so I can grasp the mechanics. Sorcery is phenomenal! It's by far the best Move I ever played. It doesn't let up.[/QUOTE]

I barely touched Sorcery (but liked what I played) but have played a but more of Starhawk. Still dying more than killing, but grasping it more. I do plan on playing the campaign, so hope that helps.

Also saw there's a coop mode so if you're up for that let me know

[quote name='Donutkid2222']does gamestop really give online passes for used sony games that require them?[/QUOTE]
How does it affect your ability to return the used game within 7 days, since they've already given you an online pass code on the receipt?

[quote name='eau']How does it affect your ability to return the used game within 7 days, since they've already given you an online pass code on the receipt?[/QUOTE]
when did I say I was going to return the game or even buy it? I was asking because if used is cheaper and they give the customer the online pass, the savings are material. what would I even do with a code and return the used game? really now, I don't know if you are asking another question off of my statement or conquering up an statement about returns when I never even mentioned that?

Joined the starhawk owners club last night. Have yet to play a PS3 game online yet (any game) but plan on making this the first.

[quote name='eau']How does it affect your ability to return the used game within 7 days, since they've already given you an online pass code on the receipt?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't. The same return policy applies. I found this out when buying Twisted Metal during a B2G1. Had to buy at one store then return/rebuy at another location to get all 3 of my games in one purchase. Ended up with two valid online passes that way by accident and the return process wasn't affected at all.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm confused, if this is going on sale next week, why are so many people saying they picked it up at GameStop this week?[/QUOTE]

Same thing I was thinking.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Same thing I was thinking.[/QUOTE]

don't know about everyone else, but i bought mine this week to secure the limited edition...will then do a rebuy/return on the gimped version next week (if it does actually go on sale). :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
i asked them about that cuz i never heard of them giving codes and they said for some sony games and warner bro games they do. i think it was for mk and batman(online pass and catwoman code) and i guess some sony games. the guy said he never sold a used starhawk but lo and behold it was there. first for me, but that was good saving me $10, i def would need an online pass for this game. i wonder if twisted metal comes with one also?

[quote name='bgame2']Joined the starhawk owners club last night. Have yet to play a PS3 game online yet (any game) but plan on making this the first.[/QUOTE]
You should make Dead Island or GTA your first.;) Both are pretty fun online.

Man I just bought this today. I didn't see that it was gonna be on sale next week. I'd just do a return rebuy but the dude at Gamestop didn't put that sticker thing on it. Will I be able to?

[quote name='etcrane']I'm confused, if this is going on sale next week, why are so many people saying they picked it up at GameStop this week?[/QUOTE]

I got mine this week used as with the $10 coupon its just a little under $25 and you get the online pass on the receipt.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Man I just bought this today. I didn't see that it was gonna be on sale next week. I'd just do a return rebuy but the dude at Gamestop didn't put that sticker thing on it. Will I be able to?[/QUOTE]Just buy it again & return that copy using the 1st receipt.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Man I just bought this today. I didn't see that it was gonna be on sale next week. I'd just do a return rebuy but the dude at Gamestop didn't put that sticker thing on it. Will I be able to?[/QUOTE]
you should be able to, just tell them the truth, "this is a new game and you guys didn't put the sticker on it" just tell them you wana return it, if they give you a hard time about returning and re-buying just get your money back and go to another gamestop to buy it. the reason i say they might giveva hard time about returning and re-buying is because most people at gamestop are
A-HOLES. lol

[quote name='slowpantz']Mhmmmm...so do I pick it up now, or wait for it to be free on PS+?[/QUOTE]
by the time that happens, if it does, the online community wont be the same. Its best to pick this up sooner rather than later

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Man I just bought this today. I didn't see that it was gonna be on sale next week. I'd just do a return rebuy but the dude at Gamestop didn't put that sticker thing on it. Will I be able to?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']Just buy it again & return that copy using the 1st receipt.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Alex121006']you should be able to, just tell them the truth, "this is a new game and you guys didn't put the sticker on it" just tell them you wana return it, if they give you a hard time about returning and re-buying just get your money back and go to another gamestop to buy it. the reason i say they might giveva hard time about returning and re-buying is because most people at gamestop are
A-HOLES. lol[/QUOTE]
I wish I had noticed Enuf's post earlier because today sucked. I tried to get the adjustment at the original Gamestop, but they swore up and down that it was still at the $39.99 price today and wouldn't even touch it. Unfortunately I get no signal at all in that county so I couldn't check my phone to confirm. So when I got back to where I had signal parked and checked to find it was of course on sale. I tried my luck at another Gamestop and was met with failure and the single rudest Gamestop employee I've ever met.

This is the first time I've ever called in to lodge a complaint against a store but she was absolutely terrible. And she claimed to be the manager. This is also disappointing because those were the two newest Gamestops in the area and the first one had had a pretty good track record, with me, up until now. Now there are no Gamestops in a 20 mile radius that are at least passably descent.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I wish I had noticed Enuf's post earlier because today sucked. I tried to get the adjustment at the original Gamestop, but they swore up and down that it was still at the $39.99 price today and wouldn't even touch it. Unfortunately I get no signal at all in that county so I couldn't check my phone to confirm. So when I got back to where I had signal parked and checked to find it was of course on sale. I tried my luck at another Gamestop and was met with failure and the single rudest Gamestop employee I've ever met.

This is the first time I've ever called in to lodge a complaint against a store but she was absolutely terrible. And she claimed to be the manager. This is also disappointing because those were the two newest Gamestops in the area and the first one had had a pretty good track record, with me, up until now. Now there are no Gamestops in a 20 mile radius that are at least passably descent.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but at my Gamestop they had to look it up too. I've had issues before like that. Where the company sent them an email about a sale, and the guy who read it didn't bother telling the others that worked there.

What I would do if you can, is to get it at if one is close by. Should be marked down there too.

[quote name='NamPaehc']Sorry, but at my Gamestop they had to look it up too. I've had issues before like that. Where the company sent them an email about a sale, and the guy who read it didn't bother telling the others that worked there.

What I would do if you can, is to get it at if one is close by. Should be marked down there too.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately if I spend anymore time/energy/travel/frustration pursuing this it won't be worth my $10 anymore.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I barely touched Sorcery (but liked what I played) but have played a but more of Starhawk. Still dying more than killing, but grasping it more. I do plan on playing the campaign, so hope that helps.

Also saw there's a coop mode so if you're up for that let me know[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely down for some co-op. Huge fan of co-op modes. I'll send you an invite on PSN the next time I'm on. Sorcery is over way too fast, but it's still a fun game. I'm working my way through the Starhawk campaign right now, and I like it so far.

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I wish I had noticed Enuf's post earlier because today sucked. I tried to get the adjustment at the original Gamestop, but they swore up and down that it was still at the $39.99 price today and wouldn't even touch it. Unfortunately I get no signal at all in that county so I couldn't check my phone to confirm. So when I got back to where I had signal parked and checked to find it was of course on sale. I tried my luck at another Gamestop and was met with failure and the single rudest Gamestop employee I've ever met.

This is the first time I've ever called in to lodge a complaint against a store but she was absolutely terrible. And she claimed to be the manager. This is also disappointing because those were the two newest Gamestops in the area and the first one had had a pretty good track record, with me, up until now. Now there are no Gamestops in a 20 mile radius that are at least passably descent.[/QUOTE]

Why didnt you just buy the $29 version today and return it to another GS with your $39 reciept?!? That's what I did today, and it couldn't have gone any
smoother...

bread's done
Back