Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I used to have tons of those Tiger Electronics handhelds. My favorite amongst my collection of portable game stuffs was this little number.

starfox_game2.jpg

Still got it somewhere in my house. Used to play it on the down low in certain classes when no one was watching.

Just wear long sleeves and no one's the wiser.

Last edited:
If you beat the monumental average of $1.04 you get two sets of keys and can split them with someone.
I can't even keep track of my own keys, let alone try to wrangle someone else's.

And I should have known that mentioning handhelds would drop the nostalgia bomb on the thread, so apologies. But really, you can't expect me to play those games if i'm not sitting in the back seat of the car while being yelled at by my father to shut that damn thing up.

So I kind of doubt it but if anyone else around here bought Sims 4 besides me, the new $20 expansion is $13 on Origin if you make a run for the border.

I'm a degenerate. I'm buying these Wolf whatever VNs for the lesbians but I'm not actually playing them because I remember I don't like VNs or JRPGs.

Speaking of degeneracy, throw this on the Steam sale lists: Choice of Games has been throwing a lot of their CYOAs on Steam. Their whole company ethos seems to be that you can choose to be and pursue any gender and the story just swaps pronouns all around, making it home to really daft, ugly, androgyne romances and some tranny nerds airing their grievances but not in all their games. I can vouch that, despite almost half the cast being gay, the Choice of Heroes series was pretty good. Haven't tried their rest on Steam but on their official site they do have some talented writers. Slammed was probably the best love letter to pro wrasslan I've consumed but I am not a huge consumer of love letters to pro wrasslan.

Speaking of hero CYOAs, Tin Man's Fighting Fantasy: Appointment With Fear is slick. Just a shame it's an old FF book and is byzantine and random as the best of them. Tin Man's modern produced Gamebook Adventure series have ALWAYS been better, even that awful sci-fi one, but people love their nostalgia so apparently that is making them more money than actually well-designed and beautifully written stuff. You should all go to Tin Man's humble store and buy all their non-FF gamebooks except for that awful sci-fi one.

And speaking of awful sci-fi hero games, $5 is my price point for ragdoll murder out of hell, because SR doesn't appeal with their dumb lol randumb humor any more or with anything approaching challenge.

I also enjoyed Watch Dogs. Chicago; the theme of hacking; mix of GTA-gameplay + stealth was absolutely fantastic. A freaking blast to play.

While the plot itself was fine - the characters and story development was quite "meh." Very disappointed w/ that stuff. They could've done more with that stuff - a lot more.

Had to tone some of my setting down on WD PC to get it to run worth a damn, though. It looked gorgeous at higher settings - but, wouldn't run worth a damn (i.e. think anywhere below 30 frames; often in the 10-20 frames range + sometimes even less).

Didn't look spectacular at what I had it on - but it was decent enough and run fine there for me.
I actually really liked what we had. Aiden as someone who beat criminals with his baton to work off stress to the point where he was late to hang with his family for it was kinda cool. The plot was kinda all over the place but we met people who were interesting enough to kill and then got to kill them. I think it was a better story than what Rockstar puts out.

It wasn't hugely satisfying but I enjoyed it, though I wish there was some more life to their world. It was clearly designed by committee. A game about hacking the world and social media everyone being online and visible and the plot is just a macguffin chase leading to a mobster? The most evil thing they could do with an evil social media supercomputer is rig an election? Even Aiden couldn't take that one seriously. It's friggen Chicago!

That said, searching the urban jungle for the legendary lost mainframe? Hell yes. That was cool as hell.

Still, I think Ubisoft's committee design was obvious. No one man could have written Watch Dogs's story. Any one or two people would have crafted a slightly better whole, or at least one with more direction. But, what we did get was cool enough that I'm happy to have it.

Watch Dogs had better car crashes than Saints Row 3 and 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slammed was probably the best love letter to pro wrasslan I've consumed but I am not a huge consumer of love letters to pro wrasslan.
It's too bad Tebow's (the weird banned vietnamese kid; not the football player) handle on the English language is completely fucking atrocious because otherwise that would be right up his alley.

I used to have tons of those Tiger Electronics handhelds. My favorite amongst my collection of portable game stuffs was this little number.

Still got it somewhere in my house. Used to play it on the down low in certain classes when no one was watching.

Just wear long sleeves and no one's the wiser.
For me, it was this:

x240-Jo6.jpg

This, incidentally, illustrates terrible technique. Notice how you can't simultaneously thrust and fire (under the right thumb in this pic) if you hold it like this. You're also limited to the slow-ass clumsy twitch speed of your thumbs, which are like fingers, only slower and stupider. You have to hold it on your lap and use your index and middle fingers.

This, incidentally, illustrates terrible technique. Notice how you can't simultaneously thrust and fire (under the right thumb in this pic) if you hold it like this. You're also limited to the slow-ass clumsy twitch speed of your thumbs, which are like fingers, only slower and stupider. You have to hold it on your lap and use your index and middle fingers.
Still better than touch controls for Android and iDevices.

Watch Dogs played fine for me on my PC and was a perfectly competent and enjoyable open-world "crime" game.  I realize you're technically stopping some bad dudes but any game where you can steal cars and run from the police counts as a crime game in my book.

It wasn't life changing or change the face of open world gaming forever but it was a fun time.  Also, the city of Chicago was well done (excepting the ridiculous mountainous logging suburb of Pawnee).

2uI9pT3.jpg

Well done! I knew you were being trolled because EA almost never puts anything on sale for 75% off.

Off topic - Y u still have X-mas decorations up? It's like almost February.
I was just getting a head start on Christmas 2015. You know it takes us gals forever to get ready.

At first I thought [G$]'d corrected [Gat out of Hell] already because it said there was an error w the transaction, but it was probably because I was trying to use Paypal for which I have a different email address. Using cc/deb worked fine.
Sweet -- got in on the pre-cancelling for this one. I too was a little worried when Gamestop wanted nothing to do with my PayPal, but CC did work just fine.

Well now someone posted a separate thread about it with "Price Mistake" in the title so now the console kids and casuals are in on it.

I just read about this neat little tool on Destructoid it's called SteamLeft and let's you gauge how much time it would take to completely play through your entire collection.

See it here

11bp1xu.png

I guess I'd better get crackin'.

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention, Sentinels of the Multiverse is an excellent port of a quite good card game. Co-op superheroes versus a villain deck that plays automatically. Of course, there's no netplay so you'll play 3-5 hero decks all at once but that's perfectly doable.

Also, Vintage Year and Nuclear Throne are both better than Binding of Isaac in every way save for boss battles. I rate Vintage Year a bit higher than NT because it's less lol randumb and ridiculously over the top than NT balance-wise, but, and this is a RARE thing for me, I will say that that's entirely subjective. There is room for both in your library depending on your tastes.

Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z isn't terrible. It's actually pretty charming in how irreverent it is. Unfortunately the gameplay is so damn boring that I can't bring myself to finish it no matter how much more of the dialogue I want to experience. If you play this before Proxy Blade Zero, Aces Wild, Shank, Shank 2, Legend of Korra, MGR, DmC, going to consoles Splatterhouse, Dishwasher, etc... you need your head examined. It is so charming though. I wish it were just good enough I could stand to finish it.

Metrocide is trash. Bundle fodder. You get it for $1 tops, play it for 15 minutes, realize it's somehow the most boring cyberpunk dystopia hitman sim ever conceived, and file it away in Buyer's Remorse.

Ziggurat is the best FPS roguelike out there but sadly it's still a roguelike and not a real game. As cool as it is to play something very Doomy as a roguelike you could actually get randomly generated Doom WADs that are just plain more fun. Still, reaching "Like Doom/Heretic but worse" tier leaves you still in good company, so keep it under consideration.

Okay, FINALLY caught up. You all can proceed with business as usual and add the relevant games to your wishlists, commence burying this post under hordes of your meme crap, and forget any of these recommendations when sales actually come.

I just read about this neat little tool on Destructoid it's called SteamLeft and let's you gauge how much time it would take to completely play through your entire collection.

See it here

11bp1xu.png

I guess I'd better get crackin'.
Actually most of ours would be worse than the number suggests since it would likely count all the idling for cards time as time we've supposedly already 'played'.

Actually most of ours would be worse than the number suggests since it would likely count all the idling for cards time as time we've supposedly already 'played'.
That's only if you actually want to play through all the games you own.

Welp, better get cracking. That's a lot of videos.

I got "Ride on the Titanic's maiden voyage X times." I think by definition you can only do that once...

I'm in for 1 cancellation. ( ...usually miss these glitches) Thanks for the heads up guys.
They must have gone home for the evening. When they come in Monday morning, or Tuesday if they observe MLK, they'll probably wonder why they have a half a million orders for that game.

It would take you... 6717 continuous hours

279 days, 21 hours, 4 minutes of gameplay to complete your Steam library

I could watch Ben-Hur uh, 1799 times.

I was look at Grouvee today because, well I don't even know, but I noticed it said I had played 629 of my games and I was all proud of myself for a second and felt like I really accomplished something.

Then I went 'Oh fuck, cards'. Nevermind.

My favorite handlheld was the pacman game you could play two players.  One person controlled a ghost and the other was pacman.

singleplayer.jpg

H2TG9-VWIWE-XDKVN
6ENAR-LM87P-25VYH
ARGLT-L636R-LRJEL
7H7G9-TQ0GB-XGZW9
X8WXB-CV54G-TJ9CK
YHZ6A-LEFRC-PP5C6
D3Y5H-TJJ54-YV978
XDKZ9-6YDZ7-ZX7YQ
720QN-2GJH9-9LD95
9GBB0-7GKCG-QI49Q
missed out on this, we don't have any grass growing here since it's too dry.

Saints Row IV Gat Out Of Hell -75% or $5...

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell/118076

Releases next week, probably price mistake.

Code is US locked. sucks.
hmmmm, bought

Yes ... yes he does. :shame:

*buys Mystery bundle*
same here

prepare for the inevitable massive dump I deposit in this thread in a little over 2 weeks time.

also apparently I can do this instead of complete my backlog

take a trip to mars

inspiration-mars-red-planet.jpg

Download 48 1080p movies...on a 56K modem

Travel from the Sun to Pluto (at the speed of light) 952 times

Better than a phewpie:

GU0SFRT.jpg

Now I'm left to wonder if Gaben would throw in enough blue meth to get either task done in a single, no sleep, session.

Hah, according to my steamleft thing my backlog would take me a measly 181 days. Which makes me think that I both really have a lot less games than a lot of people who post here in addition to completing a lot more games than a lot who post here. If I quit my job and focused on doing nothing but playing games I could actually clear my backlog in a year, which is kind of crazy to think about.

Starting the "help me clear my backlog" charity, donations can go directly to my paypal.

Dagnabbit, I've been holding off on getting SR4 until the GotG version is $5 because I've barely touched SR3 and haven't even played SR2. Now you guys have made me completely skip ahead and buy Gat Out of Hell.

Good job fellas.
It's still at $5 on Gamestop. Might've been someone's idea of a long-weekend joke.

There's enough interconnected storyline (multiple Shaundis) going on throughout all 4 main Saints Row games, that you might at least want to Youtube the one's you've missed. Did that for SR1 and I'm glad I did. The level of continuity is pretty impressive; I'm shocked that they brought Neil Patrick Harris back [for SR4] for a bit role and that they recorded so much dialogue for him which the average player will probably never hear. All the homie banter lines are easily listened to at the wiki page, thankfully.

bread's done
Back