Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Blatant Anime Booby Cashgrab Sakura Angels. Oh god, Dem Reviews.

The one about the guy spilling his mayonnaise too many times was especially TMI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I got Black Widow... so sorta like spoder getting himself ^_~
black_widow_cat_by_jennyparks-d62obkv.jpg

Trackmania2 Stadium Multiplayer is free for all until April 2015.  Just install the demo (less than 1GB) from the store page and create an account for access.

This is a totally random announcement and in no way related to a BGCQ event that might be happening in about 3 hours.

What the hell is going on with Enhanced Steam? It keeps crashing Firefox on me.

And yes, I already updated Firefox AND got the plugin from the Enhanced Steam website.

Oh yay, cheat cash and a duplicate of a Rockstar game I already own. (I own every Rockstar game ever on Steam, and then some.)

...kinda makes pre-order skins look like hot stuff.
Actually, from my brief time on GTA5 on consoles, cash is hard to come by, which makes restocking ammo after getting WASTED hard to come by, so as perverse as it is, this actually will increase the fun you have. Not enough to rival playing a GOOD game but if you're playing GTA5 you aren't in it for the fun.

Actually, from my brief time on GTA5 on consoles, cash is hard to come by, which makes restocking ammo after getting WASTED hard to come by, so as perverse as it is, this actually will increase the fun you have. Not enough to rival playing a GOOD game but if you're playing GTA5 you aren't in it for the fun.
I totally finished the GTA IV storyline because it was fun and compelling.

I'm waiting for port-performance analysis post-release anyway.

Am I the only person who really liked GTA4 b/c both its gameplay + story was way more grounded & not as bat-crap crazy as the previous GTA Trilogy (GTA3, VC, SA)?

Don't get me wrong here - I really loved GTA3 + SA; and especially Vice City (VC's still my fav. GTA).

Also, I liked how w/ each GTA4 Episode From Lib City, it just got less + less grounded in both gameplay + story with each one: first TLatD + then BoGT. Overall, I think it just made the whole GTA4: Complete Package feel....more complete + filled w/ variety of mission types, characters, and story.

Am I the only person who really liked GTA4 b/c both its gameplay + story was way more grounded & not as bat-crap crazy as the previous GTA Trilogy (GTA3, VC, SA)?
051010_touhig_tattoo_09.jpg
<MIND BLOWN>

Even this guy thinks you're weird.

If the GS preorders get cancelled, it'll be a tossup to see which Steam forums topic gets more threads: Saints Row Is Now The Worst Franchise Ever, or Let's File a Class Action Lawsuit Against Gamestop. Maybe some My Rights Were Violated in there for good measure.

Has there been another time when the console and PC people on CAG intermixed as much as in that thread? I bet most of them have shitty Intel graphics laptops from 2008 and that can't even run the damned thing but $5 for an expandalone DLC that will likely be in some Humble with a bunch of other games for $5 at some point and they are all about it.

I love how one of them thought to go buy it in the store and then haggle with them about it later too. That's some straight up console logic right there.

I'm almost wishing they'd just cancel the orders already so I can stop seeing some of the dumbest posts of the week about it.
Don't lie. You're only following the drama because you love the drama.

I paid my pre-order, and I'll either receive my key or I won't. Nothing will change that.

Like the $4.51 GRID Autosport deal at Funstockdigital... I was content to wait it out until I receive my key or refund. 11 days later I found my key in my account and happily redeemed it without partaking in the 11 Days of Drama.

without partaking in the 11 Days of Drama.
Well most of that was at the European Union of Reddit anyhow. :p

Personally, I'm rooting for a 20% off or more stackable coupon for Gamestop because I think that's the best I can hope for.

Don't lie. You're only following the drama because you love the drama.

I paid my pre-order, and I'll either receive my key or I won't. Nothing will change that.

Like the $4.51 GRID Autosport deal at Funstockdigital... I was content to wait it out until I receive my key or refund. 11 days later I found my key in my account and happily redeemed it without partaking in the 11 Days of Drama.
well its good to hear they are still sending them out, 12 days still waiting

well its good to hear they are still sending them out, 12 days still waiting
Just fyi, I didn't get an email from them... I just logged into my account, checked the order and saw the key there.

...they did have the gall to spam my (junk) email with other offers...

Don't get me wrong here - I really loved GTA3 + SA; and especially Vice City (VC's still my fav. GTA).
Hated Vice City, and it was all Tommy Vercetti's fault. His character was the worst thing to happen to the GTA 3 set of games.

Yes.

GTA4 had some good physics and unmatched worldcraft but the problem was precisely in how grounded everything was. They told a story generally of helplessness, despair, and awful decision making, but then populated it with psychotic, cartoonish clowns and appropriate clown physics so it was simultaneously wacky over-the-top and weak so sad story.

And it had glib wit but there's nothing to praise about their hokey childish borderline-nihilist attempts at getting "down to earth" which just come across as equally as outlandish as GTA3 only from the opposite depressing direction.

Plus they have a fetish for making you drive halfway across the city for every mission which is so damn boring.

It isn't just GTA4 that has this problem. RDR was probably the least western western ever and Max Payne 3 was absolutely atrocious story-wise and probably a clearer insight to Rockstar's worldview than anything: There were only three guys interested in doing the right thing. One got killed off screen and all he did was fret and worry while he was alive. The other was an impotent deus ex machina who rolled up each time Rockstar realized they wrote themselves into a corner. And the last killed roughly 6000 bad guys to save various people and spent the entire time moaning how useless he was and never advanced the plot through his own actions without the deus ex machina.

The 'GTA style' genre hasn't progressed much over the years.  Missions are mostly the same as are the side activities.  All the improvements are either graphical or silly stuff like buying more property which is fairly useless.  Only new one I plan on checking out is Watch_Dogs because of the hacking angle (if only for the lulzy jokes on the pedestrians and their fetishes).

If the GS preorders get cancelled, it'll be a tossup to see which Steam forums topic gets more threads: Saints Row Is Now The Worst Franchise Ever, or Let's File a Class Action Lawsuit Against Gamestop. Maybe some My Rights Were Violated in there for good measure.
TRIGGER WARNING

The 'GTA style' genre hasn't progressed much over the years. Missions are mostly the same as are the side activities. All the improvements are either graphical or silly stuff like buying more property which is fairly useless. Only new one I plan on checking out is Watch_Dogs because of the hacking angle (if only for the lulzy jokes on the pedestrians and their fetishes).
Neither have third person shooters or platformers to be honest. But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot of quality to explore in that state space. Sleeping Dogs has an endlessly exciting campaign compared to RFG and JC2 which are both largely boring but RFG and JC2 have gimmicks that improve the sandbox.

Hell, just compare the DLC content to SD's campaign and you can see the difference between spit polish and spit.

GTA 4 was so dang B-O-R-I-N-G.  "whoopie, I get to go bowling with some lady!"  "oh, dear god, would my stupid cousin just shut up already!" "Cab Driving Simulator 4k, now with crappy realistic driving physics!'  BOOO!

That is absolutely not what I want from that genre.  I LOVE "batshit crazy".  :)  After I was so let down with GTA IV, I found my true love.  Saints Row 3 was everything I was looking for.  Over the top driving.  Crazy characters.  Huge explosions.  Cheesy pop culture references.  I played that game and all I could think about the developers was "these people get it".

They did go a bit over the top with part four, but I enjoyed it as well.  I'm hoping they didn't jump the shark with Gat out of Hell though. 

I'm enthused to try out GTA V and hope they got a clue and dumped the direction they went with GTA IV.

Thanks for this post and keeping it updated, Neuro5i5. Grabbed Battlefield 4 Premium Edition for $30. Been looking for it forever at a cheaper price and from a reputable source.

GTA 4 was so dang B-O-R-I-N-G. "whoopie, I get to go bowling with some lady!" "oh, dear god, would my stupid cousin just shut up already!" "Cab Driving Simulator 4k, now with crappy realistic driving physics!' BOOO!

That is absolutely not what I want from that genre. I LOVE "batshit crazy". :) After I was so let down with GTA IV, I found my true love. Saints Row 3 was everything I was looking for. Over the top driving. Crazy characters. Huge explosions. Cheesy pop culture references. I played that game and all I could think about the developers was "these people get it".

They did go a bit over the top with part four, but I enjoyed it as well. I'm hoping they didn't jump the shark with Gat out of Hell though.

I'm enthused to try out GTA V and hope they got a clue and dumped the direction they went with GTA IV.
I was glad GTA4 base-game and SR3 went in such total different directions - GTA4 base-game was way more realistic + grounded; meanwhile SR3 was just flat-out insane, over-the-top, ridiculous + hilarious action-packed extravaganza than took the old-school GTA Trilogy to the next insane level.

Last thing we need is every open-world crime game to go in the same direction or a very similar direction.

I think some people didn't care for GTA4 b/c it wasn't as bat-crap crazy as their previous GTA games. I think people probably wanted the "more of the same" GTA approach + style of bat-crap crazy stories + characters; and the insanely huge-sandbox, over-the-top action, & huge open-world that the GTA3 Trilogy offered (GTA3, VC, and SA).

Regardless - I'm really looking forward to playing GTA5; and seeing where Rockstar took this one....b/c it looks like it could be a nice mix + variety of the last bunch of GTA's (GTA3, VC, SA, and GTA4).

I don't think I have ever heard it described as such. Maybe this explains why I didn't find it all that enjoyable.
I thought the gunplay and worldcraft were excellent but the story was just another excuse for Rockstar to keep telling the same story of neurotic nutters making unsubtle wannabe satire. Even GUN which had a massive gunfight and then a boss fight just because a man got upset you were cutting in front of him in the whorehouse told a better yarn than RDR. Plus, their triple strap eyepatch evil robber baron and insane evil priest both somehow managed to be more believable and more fun than RDR's goofy villains.

Rockstar's stories, to me, aren't down to earth. They're just as unrealistic and stupid as the average video game yarn. Theirs is just a more boring universe.

I'm waiting for port-performance analysis post-release anyway.
from your yellow font, I guess GTA IV was boring (your opinion). I bought it from Nuveem and haven't touched it yet. Not sure why it got so many praise during its time though.

Also, I liked how w/ each GTA4 Episode From Lib City, it just got less + less grounded in both gameplay + story with each one: first TLatD + then BoGT. Overall, I think it just made the whole GTA4: Complete Package feel....more complete + filled w/ variety of mission types, characters, and story.
the first GTA was my favorite. Countless hours battlling my classmates during our Java class break time in high school. Good time!

I actually didn't mind most of the things in GTA 4.  I could ignore most of the negatives if not for that blasted driving that was central to everything you did.   If I wanted real world driving physics, I'd buy a racing game.  Spinning out every time you take a turn at more than 20 miles an hour isn't fun at all.

I was glad GTA4 base-game and SR3 went in such total different directions - GTA4 sucked, meanwhile Saints Row 3 didn't.
FTFY

speaking of which, i have no idea what to make of the fact that Gat out of Hell is still five bucks on Gamestop. There's no way that's right. But there's no way a glitch can be up this long...I'm so confused.

FTFY

speaking of which, i have no idea what to make of the fact that Gat out of Hell is still five bucks on Gamestop. There's no way that's right. But there's no way a glitch can be up this long...I'm so confused.
You're assuming anybody cares enough to bother fixing it, but you're also talking about GameStop.

I'm the one who's confused.

FTFY

Because Gamestop...and its a PC game being sold on Gamestop. Pretty sure Gamestop employees are suprised that PC games are being sold in their store

Wait, what?
Are you asking about "Pawnee"? The game has a "suburb" probably round about where Des Plaines would be in real life with mountainous terrain and a sawmill as its major industry. It makes zero sense from any perspective at all. It sticks out even weirder when the devs manage to put in little touches only someone familiar with the city would notice like the Marshall Fields clock but then plops a mountain down outside the city. They could have at least modeled it after one of the corn field exurbs if they wanted someplace rural.

Anyway, I finished Wolfenstein: The New Order tonight and would give it a B+. Great shooter, lots of Nazi killing, great graphics, ran well on my system, soundtrack was excellent and the story and game world were both pretty good. My main complaints are a slow ramp up in the action (don't judge the game by its first hour) and some inexcusably slow tedious parts that bog down the pace. No one needs their Nazi-killing delayed to pilot a little boat through some sewers, open a gate, open another gate, turn a valve, etc. You spend twenty minutes never seeing another soul, just jacking around with your little boat. There's also multiple sequences that have you running some ridiculous task like fetching a welding torch that, again, have very little action and are mainly just you wandering around.

Those shouldn't be enough to keep anyone from playing the game but they did keep me from giving it an "A" since the pacing could have been tightened up by their removal and I find it hard to believe anyone finds them "fun". But if you're into shooters, I'd give this one a go and just grind through the poorly paced beginning and wait for it to shine.

bread's done
Back