Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh, was that the green-filled foggy area? Kind of reminded me of STALKER a bit and all.
Probably. You need to wear a gas mask through it. Except the gas mask doesn't interfere with your vision or anything at all so it's kind of irrelevant. I thought it'd be like Metro: getting foggy, limited filters, etc but it's just "Oh no, poison gas! But now you have a mask on so we can forget I ever said that..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably. You need to wear a gas mask through it. Except the gas mask doesn't interfere with your vision or anything at all so it's kind of irrelevant. I thought it'd be like Metro: getting foggy, limited filters, etc but it's just "Oh no, poison gas! But now you have a mask on so we can forget I ever said that..."
Yeah, that's the area - last one I got to, before my Free Weekend ran out.

I haven't gotten nearly as far and I need to go back and clear the first area, but the game is even better now that I've been able to equip my scope and started sniping. I figure I might put the current mission on hold to backtrack and clear. Need to check the achievements to see if there's one for switching all the radios, etc.

Also, a group of us played more For Honor last night and it continues to be fun. We got pwned in the PvP, but almost won a few times. I'm but to sure which I prefer yet (controller v. Kb/m). Might have to do the tutorial with the controller before I decide as I went in cold turkey last night.

Few scratches on my gtx 1070 and moving cords around with some cords almost not fitting I got my gtx 1070 in now.

Last time I ever work with an alienware x51 r3 case.

Like and subscribe to my CAG blog for more epic cool blog post. 

Fallout 4: DA9W5-RVKN7-JJECZ
GTA V: IYG2D-AV8KM-VMCKC

Just kidding, they are both The Deer...
Should've left off the spoiler.

I imagine the lurkers reaction would be this.
giphy.gif

Last post about the gtx 1070, only an idiot would put this inside a x51 r3 without any decent airflow.

Took me forever to notice that I was getting awful fps in every game with the card over-heating.

I plan on getting a refund in the morning at BB and wait till I get a better case. 

After taking off the front casing and letting it be a open case everything was working fine with the airflow. 

But I'm too worried about dust to leave it open all the time.

I plan on just buying a new motherboard and case in the future whenever I get money.

Closing my CAG blog on this subject pls go home

edit:
Some images of the case & card inside the case before taking it out in the morning.

Don't mind the dust

CdweWFc.jpg

A13lxHx.jpg

Well my gambling problem has found its way to this thread and discovered greenmangaming. On that note I totally believed I could've got Dark Souls 3 from it T.T Gave a bunch to my little cousins but here some codes drop.

STAYDEADEVOLUTION:RJTI8-WDK4C-WQZ3W
SKYWARDCOLLAPSE:JPYFY-H9JXD-46ZCW
SKYWARDCOLLAPSE:5KYGR-PFKMK-ZTD7R
AIRGUARDIANS:HBRKX-IAMI5-X4CZF

Stupidly got sucked into buying mystery packsk

CLUBMANAGER2015:MN7FM-9LQ09-37QY7

SUPERBOMBRUSH:6MM5W-4HFXB-N30L8

AIRGUARDIANS:F2TD5-HK6XV-QCTKE

URIZENSHADOWSOFTHECOLD:CE0FZ-8DIBD-EF92C

ETHANMETEORHUNTER:IJDVF-46N4B-DY7C3

FOOTLOL:BGY0Y-EBJ5E-WQRQV

INSECTICIDE:IGPAE-T7W2H-5FLH5

GRAVI:2P3IX-57AY0-L7IDT

BUNKERTHEUNDERGROUNDGAME:IK3J3-E86P9-HJVI7

POINTPERFECT:NDYBX-5PADP-4V9JE

CORPORATELIFESTYLESIMULATOR:EE64J-0QI7K-BW8ET

FOOTLOL:NAAJJ-B33ZW-AL8IZ

STAYDEADEVOLUTION:AEE6Z-XCLB6-443XZ

SKYWARDCOLLAPSE:WCVV7-QGF5N-87GLK

Last post about the gtx 1070, only an idiot would put this inside a x51 r3 without any decent airflow.

Took me forever to notice that I was getting awful fps in every game with the card over-heating.

I plan on getting a refund in the morning at BB and wait till I get a better case.

After taking off the front casing and letting it be a open case everything was working fine with the airflow.

But I'm too worried about dust to leave it open all the time.
what is your gpu's fan curve? if you don't mind the noise, you can definitely keep your temps low enough with a high enough fan curve in a smaller case.

Wait ... wut?!?

I just ran Idle Master with the only 2 games I have cards for, it idled them both simultaneously for an hour and I have a card from each game already.

What sorcery is this?

I noticed that and happened to me recently. I think they lift the 2 hour restriction. All of the games I idle, the first drop came in under an hour.

Sweeeet. Maybe they've finally changed the 2 hour wait time to Steam purchases only?

EDIT: Or what spoder said

I've heard the 2 hour restriction is lifted after 6 months or so if you haven't refunded, but dunno how true that is.
Seem to be at least a year minimum. I just checked the last time I refunded a game (and just 1) was back in Aug. 23, 2015.

Now it made sense I was receiving drops normally. Good to know.

Also hopefully not breaking a fight club rule, but card drops have been glitched for weeks.  If you cycle your games then you can get immediate drops when the next game starts. Works in IM and archi, archi you just start/stop farming, IM just skip games but I like to give some time in between doing this, ~5sec. With this, for example, I had 5 to idle this morning, and managed to get all but 1 of the ~16 cards within a few min. Theres usually one left over that will have to idle normally

not sure if this only works if you dont have the 2hr limit tho, mine only recently got lifted as well and i guess those sketchy freebie revokes havent reset the timer

-edit

actually that cant be right, i just refunded something a week or so ago so Im guessing Im still officially under the 2hr restrictions so this works with that as well

Also hopefully not breaking a fight club rule, but card drops have been glitched for weeks. If you cycle your games then you can get immediate drops when the next game starts. Works in IM and archi, archi you just start/stop farming, IM just skip games but I like to give some time in between doing this, ~5sec. With this, for example, I had 5 to idle this morning, and managed to get all but 1 of the ~16 cards within a few min. Theres usually one left over that will have to idle normally

not sure if this only works if you dont have the 2hr limit tho, mine only recently got lifted as well and i guess those sketchy freebie revokes havent reset the timer

-edit

actually that cant be right, i just refunded something a week or so ago so Im guessing Im still officially under the 2hr restrictions so this works with that as well
I noticed something was odd today when I went to idle the 25ish games I was behind on. It went to mass idle for 2h (thanks spoderraptor) and immediately shot 3 cards out.

They Came from the Colon, free:

http://woobox.com/8s6nwy
You know those links you occasional see on the internet and you decide not to click them because... Well, somethings can just not be unseen. This just locks like one.

Don't be so hard on yourself... Your new to this and that can cause some faulty decisions to happen. (And it sounds like your going to get out of it with no loss in money so when you can learn something in the PC building department and learn it for free... Your golden.)

Also, a group of us played more For Honor last night and it continues to be fun. We got pwned in the PvP, but almost won a few times. I'm but to sure which I prefer yet (controller v. Kb/m). Might have to do the tutorial with the controller before I decide as I went in cold turkey last night.
I think I'm going to need allot of practice too... :lol: That's said its pretty damn fun. I didn't get to play much yesterday, Marvel Heroes has a event going that I really need to be playing, and when I did get online they had maintenance going down after the one game I did play... Which was a 1 on 1 dual with a Bot... I got massacred 3-0 in a best of 5 series. :lol:

So I started playing Nuka World dlc from FO4 today, I can't tell if I was just sick of FO4 or if Nuka World is just a legitimately very mediocre dlc. The main quest in the beginning of the dlc is literally "go to these different park zones and kill every single thing in them" which is a bit ridiculous and sets a new bar of creative laziness in terms of quest design for bethesda. It's amazing how far their quest design has fallen since oblivion. After clearing the second zone I called it quits, gonna replay Bioshock now that the fresh can of paint edition is out. Maybe after a break Nuka World won't seem as mundane

EDIT: So the remaster is a mess. Sound and graphics glitches, gameplay crashes on occasion, the game freezes sometimes if you try to pull up the map, there are limited graphical options in the menu, and every time you quit the game any options you've selected (difficulty, sound, etc), are reset to default. Good job 2k.

which is a bit ridiculous and sets a new bar of creative laziness in terms of quest design for bethesda.
This is how I felt with all the quest I've played in Fallout 4 so far.

Even Fallout 3 had more options on how you finish a quest.

I've haven't had found any places that aren't part of the main quest line in Fallout 4, I thought
the Fallout 4's boston freedom trail was a random side quest and got very excited only to find out it was part of the main quest I discover sooner.

So I started playing Nuka World dlc from FO4 today, I can't tell if I was just sick of FO4 or if Nuka World is just a legitimately very mediocre dlc. The main quest in the beginning of the dlc is literally "go to these different park zones and kill every single thing in them" which is a bit ridiculous and sets a new bar of creative laziness in terms of quest design for bethesda. It's amazing how far their quest design has fallen since oblivion. After clearing the second zone I called it quits, gonna replay Bioshock now that the fresh can of paint edition is out. Maybe after a break Nuka World won't seem as mundane

EDIT: So the remaster is a mess. Sound and graphics glitches, gameplay crashes on occasion, the game freezes sometimes if you try to pull up the map, there are limited graphical options in the menu, and every time you quit the game any options you've selected (difficulty, sound, etc), are reset to default. Good job 2k.
It's funny because Homefront Revolution is basically that for the entire game. lol. Not sure if they do something better or I just like to kill everything.

I think I'm going to need allot of practice too... :lol: That's said its pretty damn fun. I didn't get to play much yesterday, Marvel Heroes has a event going that I really need to be playing, and when I did get online they had maintenance going down after the one game I did play... Which was a 1 on 1 dual with a Bot... I got massacred 3-0 in a best of 5 series. :lol:
As expected, no amount of practice is going to outpace everyone else familiarity with the game. Played a few hours before leaving in disgust after my 3rd straight kill less game.If you suck at games like chivalry dont waste your time in for honor.

This is how I felt with all the quest I've played in Fallout 4 so far.

Even Fallout 3 had more options on how you finish a quest.

I've haven't had found any places that aren't part of the main quest line in Fallout 4, I thought
the Fallout 4's boston freedom trail was a random side quest and got very excited only to find out it was part of the main quest I discover sooner.
I mean, most of FO4 was just another page out of Skyrim's book in terms of quest design (go do this thing and just kill everything to do it), but at least the quests had some sort of goal to be accomplished by which combat would naturally come along, assuming you don't stealth past everything. Nuka World is just like " i couldn't be bothered to think of some quest idea or goal by which to initiate the gameplay, so the quest is just going to be kill every enemy in the park." Like imagine if in the main quest in FO4 the cities were overran by ghouls/animals and the quest was "Kill everything in Diamond City, Concord, Sanctuary, Goodneighbor, and the Glowing Sea, and decide whether you want the Minutemen, Institute, BoS, or the Railroad to own them," because that's basically what Nuka World is.

in other games i suck at, friend put me on to paladins, a tf2/overwatch/battleborn type game. Its decent and has some twists to make it different. Its free to play and all the unlock stuff is cosmetic.

its by hi-rez the guys who did tribes ascend and smite. It just got put on steam, but still uses a hi-rez account.

check it out at paladins.com or hit my referral link and we can get some in game currency. I am Topsmack in game.  its 5v5, lets brofist it.

http://www.paladins.com/play-for-free?ref=Topsmack

Speaking of Opping, Bro-style, I finally beat a HF:R co-op mission solo but if anyone wants to hook up and save America from the Koreans, lemme know.

172.jpg

in other games i suck at, friend put me on to paladins, a tf2/overwatch/battleborn type game. Its decent and has some twists to make it different. Its free to play and all the unlock stuff is cosmetic.

its by hi-rez the guys who did tribes ascend and smite. It just got put on steam, but still uses a hi-rez account.

check it out at paladins.com or hit my referral link and we can get some in game currency. I am Topsmack in game. its 5v5, lets brofist it.

http://www.paladins.com/play-for-free?ref=Topsmack
http://bit.ly/14Jm1Kq

bread's done
Back