Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I heard (or possibly started) a rumor that Digital Homicide games kill you, like that videotape in The Ring. Anybody here remember VCRs?

Anyway, I ran across the pretty funny article on PC Gamer about Witcher stamps I thought I'd share. 

Daily deal: UnderRail, 50% off ($7.49)

And because the thread is quite slow today, here's a Jimquisition about the DLC for ARK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7u0vjjcScU

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard (or possibly started) a rumor that Digital Homicide games kill you, like that videotape in The Ring. Anybody here remember VCRs?

Anyway, I ran across the pretty funny article on PC Gamer about Witcher stamps I thought I'd share.
I don't think anyone here will be surprised but I actually have a hefty VHS tape collection. It's mostly garbage you can't get on disc or digital, though. :p

Oh, right. Yarr hoo hee har harr. Or something.

$5 for hidden object games, most of which have been bundled before for less $? NOPE.

Playing hidden object games on a tiny phone screen? Also NOPE.

Man, now Indie Gala is stealing from Humble.
haha its the other way around

Dont recall Artifex Mundi shit on Humble before, but its regularly on IG and I think BS too.

Nonetheless, this is a pretty trash bundle. Everything in it will be bundled 900 times. Its not even that good if you like this style of game.

Motoki's too busy helping Hillary up the stairs to bother with us.

CpRnEWkUsAAoXV4.jpg

Was actually a reasonable take on the subject. Wish more people were even-headed and not raging morans.
I have a question for the fans of ARK.

Granted, I have not played the game and all - but why is this game even STILL in Early Access?

Jim mentions that it's polished; had good Steam-reviews (before the early access $DLC-issue); and sounds like it had a decent amount of content.

Is the game stiff on hardware or something? Does it have stability issues? There has to be some reason it's still in Early Access...

Yeah, I saw that.

Half price isn't even a good deal because my local has $7.99 3 topping larges all the time, which is essentially half price.

Yeah, I saw that.

Half price isn't even a good deal because my local has $7.99 3 topping larges all the time, which is essentially half price.
Yeah, this isn't that great. Papa's been doing 50% off a bunch lately, which is more or less the same deal, but without the mandatory carryout or second pizza.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ark:_Survival_Evolved

wiki says development began October 2014. you understand that some games take more than 2 years to develop right? like, alot of games take much more time, and for very different reasons. game dev is hard, man.
Well, sure - games can take a while to develop and all.

But, still - from the sound of things, before ARK decided on Early Access DLC, it sounded like it was polished, in decent shape, and already had a fair amount of content.

Granted, I have not played the game and all - but why is this game even STILL in Early Access?

Jim mentions that it's polished; had good Steam-reviews (before the early access $DLC-issue); and sounds like it had a decent amount of content.

Is the game stiff on hardware or something? Does it have stability issues? There has to be some reason it's still in Early Access...
I don't personally have any issues, but apparently it isn't very well optimized. Plenty of people bitch about it not running well on their rigs. Also, they were pretty much continuously adding content up until the last month or 2 leading up to the dlc. I believe they went right back to updating as soon as the dlc released as well.

Yeah, this isn't that great. Papa's been doing 50% off a bunch lately, which is more or less the same deal, but without the mandatory carryout or second pizza.
At least we successfully summoned Booby with this pizza deal talk.

CAG urban legend: I hear that if you look into a pizza pan and chant his name three times, Booby will appear to ask you for a loan.

Optimization is the main thing I hear people complain about. It runs fine for me. I'm sure there's like 100 little things they once upon a time promised that people will forever hold against them.

Optimization is a big one.  The game ran fine for me but I never played it with twenty players on my screen either.  There were (and perhaps still are) big problems with "load in" where it would load in and track your dinosaurs well before loading in your walls, leaving dinos to wander outside your base or other dinosaurs to wander in.  As recently as early this year, they were revisiting the power balance between dinosaurs and players.  They added in another technology tier.  Various map issues.  Oh, once I had an entire structure with all my gear in it just poof out of existence.  Wasn't destroyed (I had a tame scorpion fenced there that would have attacked whatever was attacking my base and the scorpion was standing right where I left it), the game just apparently decided that it all didn't need to exist any longer.

The devs statement that the DLC is better optimized and runs better than the base game probably didn't win many hearts and minds even if the implication is that they'll one day add that optimization to the base game.

I think part of it is that they kept adding "cool" things to keep people's attention like new critters on a regular basis and special seasonal events and new maps/rule sets, etc but boring tech issues like lag and pop-in problems continued to languish. 

At least we successfully summoned Booby with this pizza deal talk.

CAG urban legend: I hear that if you look into a pizza pan and chant his name three times, Booby will appear to ask you for a loan.
:rofl: Just wanted to say this is the second funniest thing I've read/heard today.

Sometimes I miss you guys. Sometimes.

Coming up on another meaningless milestone (#4000) so do I fakey this horrible thing or do I fakey Divinity Original Sin 2 despite it being EA... or last but not least do I just get Coconut Queen because I kept passing when it was on sale and now it will never be on sale again?  

lmao wtf is that? steam really doesn't care what makes it onto their storefront anymore do they
You're just now realizing this?

Coming up on another meaningless milestone (#4000) so do I fakey this horrible thing or do I fakey Divinity Original Sin 2 despite it being EA... or last but not least do I just get Coconut Queen because I kept passing when it was on sale and now it will never be on sale again?
I was going to say Coconut Queen and I still say it because it won't go on sale. That other turd will be bundled and you'll forget where you got it by the 5000 mark.

Also, bros are playing Doom, The Crew, and COD Black Ops Zombies this week. For The Crew, make sure you get your free copy from UBI and play the intro (like 30 minutes) so we you can be ready for MP tomorrow night.

MYSTERD DOOM IS TONIGHT AND YOU ARE THE SPECIAL GUEST PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SHOW UP!

Going to miss out on bro events this week (sucks, wanted to do Crew & Blops Zombies).  Family coming in in a couple days and apparently we need to sterilize the house in case my sister-in-law feels compelled to shine a flashlight into the gap between the counter and the stove or something.

Going to miss out on bro events this week (sucks, wanted to do Crew & Blops Zombies). Family coming in in a couple days and apparently we need to sterilize the house in case my sister-in-law feels compelled to shine a flashlight into the gap between the counter and the stove or something.
Oh yes, the whole "we must clean this house to pretend this is how we live" bit. We go through that from time to time. Well, Reds and I are always down for zome zombies even when it's not bro night and we could always do The Crew again as well. Godspeed!

Ran into my first major bug in Homefront Revolution.  I went back to the first area to clear all the strike points I missed and one of them (Paschall Train) won't prompt the next step correctly.  Checked online and it seems to be a recurring issue.  Will just finish the game without it and then start a new game and see if it'll prompt it and count towards the achievement.  If not, will likely just skip that achievement as I don't see myself replaying it for just one thing. 

I've done several "forts" without using my gun and got credited with the achievement exactly zero times :whistle2:x

Besides that, the only bugs were a single CTD (which I suspect may have been intentional since I was playing hours after the free weekend ended) and once I jumped while standing on a truck, flew about 50' into the air and died on return impact.  Fortunately, death is largely a non-event in the game.

I've done several "forts" without using my gun and got credited with the achievement exactly zero times :whistle2:x

Besides that, the only bugs were a single CTD (which I suspect may have been intentional since I was playing hours after the free weekend ended) and once I jumped while standing on a truck, flew about 50' into the air and died on return impact. Fortunately, death is largely a non-event in the game.
I've been trying to do that one with no luck (no guns fort) but I always get caught so that's where my issue is. This one I searched and it is a prevalent problem. You show up and it's supposed to prompt you to find a generator which you are supposed to use the bike to power, problem is mine never prompts so I ride the bike with no result.

Bro night starts at 10. AFTER Smackdown.

No excuse.
I'm a TV junkie, in general - so, it's still not gonna happen.

Still got plenty of DVR to catch-up on, also.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl & Scream Queens all start-up new Seasons tonight, as well.

Already 2 ep's behind on The Good Place (aired last night), also.

I'm a TV junkie, in general - so, it's still not gonna happen.

Still got plenty of DVR to catch-up on, also.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl & Scream Queens all start-up new Seasons tonight, as well.

Already 2 ep's behind on The Good Place (aired last night), also.
you still owe us from when you thieved Rocket League

And we knew it wasnt going to happen, cause you're a chicken lol

Some of the super moves involves removing panties and bra with actually nudity.

I said it before, who is doing the Steam's quality content check?
How did this game literally get no rating?

Logging in just now, I noticed I have a trade ban. I have no reason why that is? Any ideas?
Pls gib back my cs:go knife, did you do any outside trading for other codes or money?

Apparently that is a thing I was not aware about till last week.

Pls gib back my cs:go knife, did you do any outside trading for other codes or money?

Apparently that is a thing I was not aware about till last week.
I haven't done any bulk trading or anything like that, so I have no idea what the ban is for. I've only done one trade this month too.

bread's done
Back