Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I presume that's from Graphic card bundles or some glitch? I suppose it could drop lower during the summer sale but that's still another four months off. Some of the old(er) AC games are cheap but I have the feeling since I didn't care for FC3 I wouldn't care for AC3, either.
Watch Dogs was in NVidia graphic card bundles, yes.

If you've had your fill of GTA-style games of late + played that type of game recently - you might wanna wait on WD; especially if story + character development is important to you. While WD does bring the stealth-stuff + hacking elements to the fore-front and that stuff's a blast - WD's story + character development just aren't on par with other games in that genre like Mafia 1+2; Sleeping Dogs; and even some of the post-GTA3 GTA games (can't speak on GTA5, since it ain't on PC yet).

I mean, seriously - Aiden as a character sucks. First off: Aiden is totally unlikeable in Watch Dogs. While making a character unlikeable sometimes can be used to make some kind of point as social commentary on a subject + topic; or for some other reason - it's pointlessly done here. Aiden's also a very bland character, feeling like he's just there to facilitate the plot. Aiden has absolutely no personality, what-so-ever. Unfortunately, the plot is often cliche, predictable, and under-developed - so that doesn't help matters for his character, either. The voice-actor sounds like he phoned it in + the script was so poorly written, that it also gave the voice-actor nothing to really work with. Same goes for Connor in Assassin's Creed 3 - but hell, even he's a little bit more interesting than Aiden...and that really ain't saying much, either.

I wouldn't compare AC series really with any of the open-world FC game (Far Cry 2+3+4). Sure, both series have open-worlds + FC3 does have the "Climb a location to open up side-quests on the map" - but, that's where it ends.

AC is more platforming + jumping focused; can be a bit more stealth-orientated (especially when it's forced in some missions); and often feels more melee-focused for combat. The differences are even much bigger, if we look at how you ship-battles + traveling the open-seas really changed how you travel + explore the game-world in AC4: Black Flag.

FC series feels more like a open-world shooter. Most of the time, I'm shooting stuff there. Sure, I can use vehicles to get places in FC2+3 - like cars, boats, etc - but this is nowhere as fun as commandeering a ship, firing cannons, looting ships, and any of the pirate-y stuff in AC4.

AC often does a way better job w/ character development + story-telling when compared to FC series; no real comparison there. Sure, AC does have a crazy labyrinth of a plot to follow here, especially if you've been following over the entire series + it can be quite ridiculous & convoluted, but I'll certainly take that over the crap Far Cry 2 + 3 dished-out.

Things story-wise really jumped the shark, got convoluted & quite ridiculous especially once AC3 entered the picture (that game's story is just plain ridiculous) + there's a certain event that happened in AC:Revelations AC3 that screwed the entire series up. Since AC:Rev AC3, there's something there Ubi hasn't been really able to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, do I activate this Steam code for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris and then contact Amazon about it not having the season pass or contact Amazon first? A stupid question, to be sure.

Blasphemy. That is the magic number!
You're thinking threesome.

It's Mooby. He hates everything.
Well he does like games loaded with hidden penises.

So, do I activate this Steam code for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris and then contact Amazon about it not having the season pass or contact Amazon first? A stupid question, to be sure.
I activated before calling to be sure it was missing. They then sent me an email saying explicitly that I can do whatever I want with the old one and don't have to send it back. I figure if they give me shit about it I'll at least have that. They're sending it next day mail too which is pretty funny since that's probably at least 3x the price it was.

Well he does like games loaded with hidden penises.

I activated before calling to be sure it was missing. They then sent me an email saying explicitly that I can do whatever I want with the old one and don't have to send it back. I figure if they give me shit about it I'll at least have that. They're sending it next day mail too which is pretty funny since that's probably at least 3x the price it was.
So, best case scenario, I'll end up with an extra code...

I didn't even want this game, but I guess that'll do, pig. That'll do.

On the plus side, you can look forward to me raging when Amazon dings me for five bucks because AmazonJoebelle lied.
Joebelle? JOEBELLE?

What's next? Joshica?

a63b654bf39df84abbb1c4378a041436.jpg

Lots of stuff.
Thanks for the input. Can't say I care much about character development in these types of games. Re: AC3/FC3, I guess they are sufficiently different but I tend to get bored in Ubi's open world game unless there's a sufficient comedic hook like shooting people you hack in WD because you found out they are furries!

Does anyone want a GOG code for Witcher 2?  Don't PM me or Ill block you...quote this...if I don't recognize your name I will ignore your post...basically what I am saying is I will give this to whoever I want and nothing about it will be fair

Whats funny about all that is its Witcher 2 on GOG and if you dont have it you must have a brain injury because I think its been free before..or you're bobby and too broke to buy it when it was super cheap

anyhow....have at it and let me judge you

You should know by now that you're supposed to send all of your keys to me.

Thanks for the input. Can't say I care much about character development in these types of games. Re: AC3/FC3, I guess they are sufficiently different but I tend to get bored in Ubi's open world game unless there's a sufficient comedic hook like shooting people you hack in WD because you found out they are furries!
If you're looking for comedy - there's nothing really that funny about Watch Dogs.

The T-Bone missions in the base-game have the most personality + comedy in the game. Unfortunately, IMHO - there ain't enough of these.

I really should get the Season Pass some time, since T-Bone's actually one of the cooler characters in the base-game - and there is a DLC in the Season Pass that lets you play as him.

Though, given how most of the characters are in WD - it's not like T-Bone had much competition really here, either.

If you're looking for comedy - there's nothing really that funny about Watch Dogs.

The T-Bone missions in the base-game have the most personality + comedy in the game. Unfortunately, IMHO - there ain't enough of these.

I really should get the Season Pass some time, since T-Bone's actually one of the cooler characters in the base-game - and there is a DLC in the Season Pass that lets you play as him.

Though, given how most of the characters are in WD - it's not like T-Bone had much competition really here, either.
you missed the point of his post but....thats par for the course

I meant hacking people's phones and such and revealing they are creep-o's then knee-capping them.

Things story-wise really jumped the shark, got convoluted & quite ridiculous especially once AC3 entered the picture (that game's story is just plain ridiculous) + there's a certain event that happened in AC:Revelations that screwed the entire series up. Since AC:Rev, there's something there Ubi hasn't been really able to fix.
I played Revelations a while ago, but I'm not sure what "certain event" you are talking about. Can you PM or spoiler tag what you're talking about?

I could never get into AC3. I think I'm just going to youtube the cutscenes and dive into AC4.

(one day late reply) thanks for the game!!
No worries. What matters is you said thank you.

Does anyone want a GOG code for Witcher 2? Don't PM me or Ill block you...quote this...if I don't recognize your name I will ignore your post...basically what I am saying is I will give this to whoever I want and nothing about it will be fair

Whats funny about all that is its Witcher 2 on GOG and if you dont have it you must have a brain injury because I think its been free before..or you're bobby and too broke to buy it when it was super cheap

I bought Witcher 2 on Steam ages ago, and it comes with a free GOG key so there ya go.

However, back when I was a relative newbie to Steam and blew a bunch of money on GOG, Witcher 1 was one of the games I bought. Very much regretting it now, but you live and you learn.

you missed the point of his post but....thats par for the course
His point was "I don't care about story."

The problem is - Watch Dog actually does try to put story, character, cut-scenes, dialogue, and all of that stuff also into the mix quite a bit. There are literally main-missions where you drive from location A to B - only to (try to) push the story + character development ahead. And it fails miserably at being worthwhile on this stuff, quite often.

At least something like Diablo 3 - story development, character development, cut-scenes & dialogue are kept to a minimum. The game doesn't beat you over your head with story + char stuff. You're playing something that can be played much closer to a pure-game. Sure, D3 is not deep in any of the story + character stuff - but there is quite a bit of Lore + Info you can dig into; and most importantly, that stuff's optional to get into. You can ignore most of the Lore and still get close to a pure-game experience, barely having any of the story stuff + char stuff get your way. In WD, you're going to have that stuff get in your way, especially if you follow the main-quest.

Since WD's gameplay is so strong, I think it would've benefited either from having a much better story + char development; or being even closer to a purer-game experience like D3.

His point was "I don't care about story."

The problem is - Watch Dog actually does try to put story, character, cut-scenes, dialogue, and all of that stuff also into the mix quite a bit. There are literally main-missions where you drive from location A to B - only to (try to) push the story + character development ahead. And it fails miserably at being worthwhile on this stuff, quite often.

At least something like Diablo 3 - story development, character development, cut-scenes & dialogue are kept to a minimum. The game doesn't beat you over your head with story + char stuff. You're playing something that can be played much closer to a pure-game. Sure, D3 is not deep in any of the story + character stuff - but there is quite a bit of Lore + Info you can dig into; and most importantly, that stuff's optional to get into. You can ignore most of the Lore and still get close to a pure-game experience, barely having any of the story stuff + char stuff get your way. In WD, you're going to have that stuff get in your way, especially if you follow the main-quest.

Since WD's gameplay is so strong, I think it would've benefited either from having a much better story + char development; or being even closer to a purer-game experience like D3.
no...he was posting about comedy..look at his post above. He only cares about knee capping costume wearing weirdos...I realize that you only read posts literally but that is all part of your condition.

I played Revelations a while ago, but I'm not sure what "certain event" you are talking about. Can you PM or spoiler tag what you're talking about?
My bad.

I think my AC's are blending.

I just checked - but yeah, it was actually a "certain event" in AC3, not AC:Rev.

AC3 Spoiler

IMHO, Desmond getting killed off was the biggest misstep of the series. While I have no problem w/ the double-story you always follow in AC series (one outside of Animus + one while inside Animus), the "outside of Animus" story in AC4 pales in comparison to anything Desmond did.

And this is sad, as I have never-ever liked Desmond as a character. He's just never been likeable to me. At least he was the real link for all of the AC characters from the Animus - and Desmond's story was building up quite a bit since AC1...until they killed him off in AC3.

Probably seen this before (and forgot), but apparently every game mine as well be classed as a strategy game on Steam. I mean, if RUSH, Payday 2, 100% Orange Juice, and Anno are all strategy games I have to conclude Valve's definition is "any game with strategy used in it." (see: almost every game).

no...he was posting about comedy..look at his post above. He only cares about knee capping costume wearing weirdos...I realize that you only read posts literally but that is all part of your condition.
WD doesn't really do that kind of stuff, though. If you're looking for comedic madness, it's in those over-the-top virtual side-quests. Most of the time, though - you're in a more realistic type of world. WD is much better suited for hacking people's phones + robbing them blind of their $; listening + eavesdropping on cell phone conversations; doing GTA-style missions that have extra hacking + stealth elements; and other things of that sort. WD isn't really a game lending to the stuff you mentioned.

Saints Row series would be a much better choice for the over-the-top ridiculous-ness in a crazy open-world w/ bat-crap madness happening & "knee capping costume wearing weirdos."

WD doesn't really do that kind of stuff, though. If you're looking for comedic madness, it's in those over-the-top virtual side-quests. Most of the time, though - you're in a more realistic type of world. WD is much better suited for hacking people's phones + robbing them blind of their $; listening + eavesdropping on cell phone conversations; doing GTA-style missions that have extra hacking + stealth elements; and other things of that sort. WD isn't really a game lending to the stuff you mentioned.

Saints Row series would be a much better choice for the over-the-top ridiculous-ness in a crazy open-world w/ bat-crap madness happening & "knee capping costume wearing weirdos."
No it does...you can identify furries which is funny

I get that humor isnt in your wheelhouse but to those with a sense of one.......yeah its comedic

Probably seen this before (and forgot), but apparently every game mine as well be classed as a strategy game on Steam. I mean, if RUSH, Payday 2, 100% Orange Juice, and Anno are all strategy games I have to conclude Valve's definition is "any game with strategy used in it." (see: almost every game).
Except Bad Rats as strategy is detrimental in that game.

No it does...you can identify furries which is funny

I get that humor isnt in your wheelhouse but to those with a sense of one.......yeah its comedic
If anything is comedic in WD, it's stuff that they ain't throwing purposely as jokes.

I've already mentioned how comedic the story + char development is - but, it doesn't stop there.

There's also how poorly the game performs on higher settings + how UbiSoft tried to keep certain graphical settings hidden to PC users - now that crap's comedy gold.

Does anyone want a GOG code for Witcher 2? Don't PM me or Ill block you...quote this...if I don't recognize your name I will ignore your post...basically what I am saying is I will give this to whoever I want and nothing about it will be fair

Hmmmmmm... I'll take it if you'll have me take it.

Basically I'm saying, please?

If anything is comedic in WD, it's stuff that they ain't throwing purposely as jokes.

I've already mentioned how comedic the story + char development is - but, it doesn't stop there.

There's also how poorly the game performs on higher settings + how UbiSoft tried to keep certain graphical settings hidden to PC users - now that crap's comedy gold.
Haha, MysterD can't even pass the Turing test he wrote for himself!

Just wanted to post this in here because I know there are some big fans...  Killing Floor 2 dev diary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0udgqG7Uy3o

7P8QM-2FQMV-L2T60
45NEI-NMVPZ-HMQA6
455QQ-LDANJ-2A4VK
BGMPB-EE3E6-8R8G4
47FEC-CX7RX-Q7J2W
46Y3M-IXIZ4-P9J02
4CA96-F6TH8-JWCFC
4AT4Z-A3I4R-CNY48
477FK-WVE6R-4XQMW
CJ7QD-HDIX8-ZZMTE
2N6XX-WBE6V-LXNZR