Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
All this hardware talk makes me feel like we're long overdue for a post from SeasonalCAG headpiece747.

Last edited by a moderator:
265243-header.jpg
This so dum... there's no monitor...

I get sound from my computer via a $10 pair of logitech speakers, but the one without the volume control is laying on the floor because it fell off my desk and got lost.

I used to be able to buy some cheapo pair of headphones and use it for a decade, but nowadays everything breaks after six months, even the more expensive ones, so I just use Koss stuff since they're cheap and sound good and they have a lifetime warranty, but they still break pretty quick and I'm too lazy for the warranty.

I forgot about this when people were talking about where to put computer parts...

It's most appropriate, given the thread's topic.

59442a07d72c2175a2f2423b5edd086d.jpg

$5 case with free pizza?  Win win.  Anyone try their new thin crust?  I'm curious.

As a fan of all things cheap, I've tried several cheapo headphones and was sorely disappointed.  Granted, these were Warehouse Deals under $10 bargain bin purchases of cheap brands, but the mics were usually really weak/bad on the cheap chinese brands (Sades and a few more I tried).  

I haven't had much more luck with pricier regular headsets and having a separate mic can be it's own hassle so I just get cheap gaming headsets for the convenience knowing I'll be lucky to get 2 years out of them.

My Beats by Dre are messing up on the ear cups.  My Klipsch and Fidelios did the same.  So, paying for quality doesn't really get you much nowadays IMO.  

My best headset was a $300 Plantronics set that I got for $60 because it was discontinued for being uncomfortable.  And yeah, the things got seriously uncomfortable after a while, but the sound was great and they had the best mic I've had on a headset, but they two lasted about two years before messing up. 

It has a hinged cardboard door with a closing latch for easy access and customization.  The specialized port at the back perfectly accommodates the height of the PSU. It also serves a dual purpose as a mousepad.  It's perfect. 

Sennheisers are great and extremely comfortable. If you want quality just buy those. Amazon had the Game One for $109 during BF
Been using these for something like 14 years now. They're ugly, a lot of the paint coating has chipped off, and I'm on my third or fourth cable, but the cans themselves sound and feel as good as ever.

NR0BnDz.png

Anyone try their new thin crust? I'm curious.
I've had the thin crust. It's not terrible. My wife really likes it and I find it to be passable. I prefer Domino's thin crust, but I think it's better than Papa John's thin crust.

Just for the record, it has nothing at all to do with New York style thin crust pizza. It's more like pizza on crackers.

Oh - and it's $6 for a large - not $5 like the rest of the pizza there. So you pay more for less actual food. But it is significantly better than their deep dish for whatever that is worth.

I've had the thin crust. It's not terrible. My wife really likes it and I find it to be passable. I prefer Domino's thin crust, but I think it's better than Papa John's thin crust.
Last time I ordered Domino's was during my freshman year in college and I thought it was the worst sorry excuse of pizza ever created. Hell, I felt worse than that day I mixed rum with powerade. Bear in mind I was IN COLLEGE and one of my go-to meals was to microwave tortillas with a slice of american cheese, yet I found Domino's to be disgusting.

I have never had Little Caesar's pizza.  Have not had Dominoes in 20+ years I think.  We have good pizza places around, I would rather go to every once in a while and have good pizza than frequently have bad pizza for less.  Seems like everybody here likes Papa Racist/Pizza Slut which I will eat, as long as I am not paying for it.  YMMV.  

I have never had Little Caesar's pizza. Have not had Dominoes in 20+ years I think.
Best to keep it that way, IMHO.

We have good pizza places around, I would rather go to every once in a while and have good pizza than frequently have bad pizza for less.
Amen. Be glad that, like myself, you have really good local pizza places around your area and all. They're definitely a blessing. Especially since I love pizza so damn much.

Seems like everybody here likes Papa Racist/Pizza Slut which I will eat, as long as I am not paying for it. YMMV.
Amen. If it's free, then it's for me.

Only way for the not-so-great pizzas, IMHO.

Seems like everybody here likes Papa Racist/Pizza Slut which I will eat, as long as I am not paying for it. YMMV.
Those are the worst chain pizzas IMO.

I've had a coupon for a free large from the hut for a couple months and haven't used it... that shows how little I like it.

Speaking of cheap headsets:

https://www.techrabbit.com/brands/plantronics?goal=0_36c066f204-70a39a219f-150431333&mc_cid=70a39a219f&mc_eid=e97ca4e7d2&p=1&source=212000999&utm_campaign=Plantronics-Cyber-Sale-2018-11-28&utm_content=hero-banner&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Tech Rabbit is doing a sale on Plantronics stuff.  Most of it s refurb, but comes with 1 year warranty and the prices are low so maybe some of you cheapasses will find something you like.

Pizza Screed:

Dominos - Didn't think it was as awful as people said before the renovation, but they are definitely way better since.  Worth a try if you haven't had their new pizza (though by now it's what, 10 years old?)

Little Caesar's - There was a time they actually made pretty decent made to order pizzas at a good price, but the chain almost folded and came back as the ultra cheap hot n ready chain.  They really aren't anything to write home about save for the occasional weird pizza like the bacon wrapped deep dish.  I used to love their crazy bread back in the day but the texture has gotten rougher (probably cheaper ingredients).

Papa Johns - Hadn't been since the racism but the wife wanted to try the cheeseburger pizza so we had some.  Was as I remembered.  Not bad.  Sweeter.  Different at least though I found so many bone fragments in the sausage/beef so I probably won't be going back.  

Pizza Hut - Is the default because the wife loves the pan, I can't stand the pan.  I usually get thing crust and it's fine for what it is.  

Locals?  Eh, I like Nancy's.  It's Chicago deep dish style.  Chick Fil A has a pizza place here and it's not bad either and decently priced.  The other local chains here are pretty trash, like worse than chain pizza.  Only local chain I haven't tried is Mellow Mushroom but they are super pricey just to chance it. 

I can never remember the name of the joint but a local chef closed down his high-end restaurant and opened a pizza place.  It is really good.  Pretty expensive for pizza, but the difference in quality is like comparing a McRib to really good pulled pork bbq.  We have one local chain that used to be good but I haven't ate there in a few years so I am not sure these days.  The pizza places I have went to in the last few years are all one-location.    One of them is really cheap too but it is a thirty minute drive during average traffic so too far to be reasonable to get very often.  We have a few mini-chains around here that have not impressed me as well.  More expensive than the big chains but not any better.

And it has been long enough that I definitely have not had Dominoes "new" pizza so I might try it one of these days.

I grew up in a bad neighborhood and we didn't have too many pizza places around and none that delivered.  It was that type of neighborhood.  Like maybe in high school a Dominoes opened up and they delivered, but to save a few bucks you could just show up to their store and ask if anyone had cancelled an order or not picked up a pizza and they'd sell you those pizzas for $5.  So, that's probably part of the reason I never hated Dominos like other people.  

I live in a major suburb of a big city and literally the only place that delivers to my address is Papa Johns, which is pretty meh for my tastes. I mean, better than Pizza Hut, but still meh. It's infuriating because I actually kinda like Domino's. Or at least, I used to like it eleven years ago when I lived somewhere that had Domino's delivery, I haven't had any in a decade.

So I just cook from frozen (one of my local grocery stores has a pretty decent store brand) or pick up from a local place when I want a pie.

Last week I wanted to tear my hair out. I was up by 60 points and had Todd Gurley left to play. My opponent, the biggest shit-talker in our league, had Tyreek Hill, Robert Woods, and Leg-a-tron. Guess what happened?
Ouch. I just assume I'm losing this week. The Chiefs are coming off the bye and my opponent has Mahomes and Hunt this weekend. (Its a random Yahoo league so no one talks to each other.

Pizza

Out of the chains we have Papa John's the most... Mostly because they do 50% off orders a lot via sports teams. We like it but we always do the customize and have them do light sauce instead of the normal amount.

We use to have a chain in town called Kelso's Pizza that was really good but expensive... They're down to one location left and it's not close so we've not gone in ages. They had an off suit that was our favorite but they closed... and that location became an off suit of the off suit but it finally went under and I think it's a health food place now.

We do Casey's pizza a fair amount but it's a gas station and is more expensive that Papa John's when PJ is on sale so it's not common.

Frankly with us working opposite schedules we don't do pizza that often anymore.

We have too many places.  

#2 Sardo's is good.. but not reheatable.  At all.

#1 Westshore is what I consider the best "New York" pizza.  Basically large pies with a decent amount of toppings you gotta fold slices in half to eat.

#6 Millies makes flat pizza which has good dough but the toppings are eh.

#5 Little Caesar's is just cheap pizza.  I don't eat it but man then Crazy Breads caused me to need to diet.

#7 Pizza Hut is only ever stuff crust pizza and even then they've changed their stuff so I've been avoiding them.

#3 Domino's is my go-to flat bread pizza.  It's super crisp but I get a fair amount of cheese/pepperoni on it.

#4 Papa Johns is where I get my garlic fix.

There's also Hungry Howies which is basically like Little Caesars but with different crust flavors.  I've never ever ever been impressed by them.

Anyone Fakie the new Battletech expansion?  Is it worth it?  Or hold off?

We do Casey's pizza a fair amount but it's a gas station and is more expensive that Papa John's when PJ is on sale so it's not common.
Casey's has become my new favorite pizza place (not that there are many choices where I live). I reluctantly tried it a few years back thinking it woudn't be that good but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was and rarely go anywhere else now. Casey's also has the best donuts in town for when I am in the mood for that as well. I will grab a Dominos occasionally but I miss the old formula before they changed it about a decade ago or whatever its been.

Casey's has become my new favorite pizza place (not that there are many choices where I live). I reluctantly tried it a few years back thinking it woudn't be that good but I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was and rarely go anywhere else now. Casey's also has the best donuts in town for when I am in the mood for that as well. I will grab a Dominos occasionally but I miss the old formula before they changed it about a decade ago or whatever its been.
Oh, its certainly not bad pizza and it reheats in the microwave really well too! Its just hard to justify a 10.99 single topping when I can get a large 3 topping pizza from PJ for like $7.55 during 50% days.

Oh, its certainly not bad pizza and it reheats in the microwave really well too! Its just hard to justify a 10.99 single topping when I can get a large 3 topping pizza from PJ for like $7.55 during 50% days.
I tried their new potato cheesy bites with my last pizza.... that is the one food item from Casey's I've ever tried that tasted horrible and I'm not that picky. Tasted like cardboard. Could just be that I was expecting them to be like the local Chinese food places, but that is one menu item I'd recommend not trying.

I actually started not liking my M50x after using my Sennheisers for so long. I'm actually planning on buying the Massdrop x Sennheiser 6xx at some point.

The problem with pineapple on pizza is that they usually put too much of it on. There's no good balance between meat and fruit on the Hawaiians of most chain stores. Plus, you have to deal with bullshit like the flavor of too much citrus on top of your greasy cheese base. Might as well eat fondue with lemons if you're that gross.

bread's done
Back