Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I actually started not liking my M50x after using my Sennheisers for so long. I'm actually planning on buying the Massdrop x Sennheiser 6xx at some point.
I use the 6XX's and wuv them.

To me, headphones are for music and single player content. A headset is a different product entirely for different purposes that needs to be comfortable, wireless, and have a decent mic.

We are sorry that you aren't happy with pineapple on pizza.

We aren’t planning on doing anything about it.
297.png

And get off my lawn too.

Last edited by a moderator:
-- I used the Sennheiser Game Zero headset which is the closed version of he Game One.  I like 'em and no one complains about my mic.

-- I'm still of the opinion that adaptive sync is overhyped but some games look nice.  Problem is that, even at 1440, I can use my GTX 1080 to either run all the bells and whistles at 60-80fps or else run at 100+ fps at lower settings.  Since I lean towards the former, the whole 144Hz and Gsync thing isn't quite as big.  On older well optimized games like Doom and Alien Isolation it looks pretty though.  Basically, I probably wouldn't buy it a second time but I'm not so offended that I'm going to haul the box back to Best Buy either.  People who think it's amazing and life changing are weirdos though.

Dominos: My wife likes their wings so we order from here too much for my opinion.  I don't have any real objection to their pizza but I'm not fond enough of it for the amount I wind up ordering either.  It's fine.

Papa Johns: I don't order from them because the guy is a douche raccoon.  I like the garlic sauce, the pizza is okay.

Pizza Hut: I think the last time I ordered from them, I was disappointed

Little Caesars: I don't really rank this with the others because it's not delivery.  It's probably the best $5 cooked pizza you'll find.  As opposed to this other place I used to try stopping at that (a) wasn't good and (b) never had any damn pizzas cooked and ready even on a Friday night.  Seriously, then the guy would be like "Well, if you want to wait 20min, I can make one" like anyone is going to wait 20min for a shitty $5 pizza.

Jets: Are they regional? National?  Only by my house?  I ordered from them once and don't think I even finished it.  My older son likes them though so either I got a bum pizza or I raised a bum kids.  Equal odds, I reckon.

If I want good Saturday night movie pizza, I have a ton of local options.  If I want "How can I feed people in a half hour with minimal cost and effort" pizza, Dominos is fine.

Get yourself a mixamp and you'll love them more ;D
Thanks for reminding me. I just dug my Astro A40's and mixamp out of storage and to no one's surprise the sound is twice as good as the Razer headset (USB!) I was using. Enabled Window's Sonic in the sound settings just for kicks. Only question left is whether to continue using the A40's with the mixamp or use my Sennheiser 598's.

Thanks for reminding me. I just dug my Astro A40's and mixamp out of storage and to no one's surprise the sound is twice as good as the Razer headset (USB!) I was using. Enabled Window's Sonic in the sound settings just for kicks. Only question left is whether to continue using the A40's with the mixamp or use my Sennheiser 598's.
Spoder always says they make shitty headphones but nice amps so go with the Sennheiser/Amp combo.

Syntax's screed reminded me that I too recently dipped my large man toe into the adaptive sync waters.

I went smaller with the $100 Dell from ebay - 27'' 1080p Freesync at 75hz. So, it's not the ultra amazing G-sync 1440p at 144hz but I figure my 580 isn't going to be pushing 100 FPS on anything save for maybe Doom so there was no point in going too crazy. Plus $100 vs $3,500,000. Easy decision.

I've tried it and like Syntax my life hasn't been changed by it. It looks nice. Nicer than my Acer 35'' UW. I just don't recall if screen tearing was a huge issue in any of the games I play (PUBG and R6) so I don't know if I'd really notice a difference. Sunset Overdrive did look amazing on it (fun game btw) as did BFV and PUBG. Looked nice and smooth. Just don't know how much better it is. I do miss the UW though so I think I'll stick with it when I play my sims, drivers, and open world games. I plan to play the same games on the two monitors this weekend to see if I can discern a difference and then make my final verdict, but for a $100 monitor I don't think you can do better if you have an AMD card.

It's amazing to play Battlefield 1 with no lag and no stuttering finally.  I actually kill people more than I die now too.  It's such an excellently realized, well-developed game.  Even though its best in small doses.   I'm debating picking up BF V for $32 this week. But I noticed that the metacritc has dropped from 87 to 80 since the previous entry though.  I read a review and everything sounds pretty good.  I wonder why the lower review scores.   Has anyone been playing it?

Spoder always says they make shitty headphones but nice amps so go with the Sennheiser/Amp combo.

Syntax's screed reminded me that I too recently dipped my large man toe into the adaptive sync waters.

I went smaller with the $100 Dell from ebay - 27'' 1080p Freesync at 75hz. So, it's not the ultra amazing G-sync 1440p at 144hz but I figure my 580 isn't going to be pushing 100 FPS on anything save for maybe Doom so there was no point in going too crazy. Plus $100 vs $3,500,000. Easy decision.

I've tried it and like Syntax my life hasn't been changed by it. It looks nice. Nicer than my Acer 35'' UW. I just don't recall if screen tearing was a huge issue in any of the games I play (PUBG and R6) so I don't know if I'd really notice a difference. Sunset Overdrive did look amazing on it (fun game btw) as did BFV and PUBG. Looked nice and smooth. Just don't know how much better it is. I do miss the UW though so I think I'll stick with it when I play my sims, drivers, and open world games. I plan to play the same games on the two monitors this weekend to see if I can discern a difference and then make my final verdict, but for a $100 monitor I don't think you can do better if you have an AMD card.
I have to admit that the Toaster kind of got to me a bit when he was gushing about G-Sync on his laptop. When I bought the 1070 and then saw the Dell on sale I caved. I only had a 27" LG to begin with so I didn't have to decide whether to sacrifice screen real estate or not.

It's amazing to play Battlefield 1 with no lag and no stuttering finally. I actually kill people more than I die now too. It's such an excellently realized, well-developed game. Even though its best in small doses. I'm debating picking up BF V for $32 this week. But I noticed that the metacritc has dropped from 87 to 80 since the previous entry though. I read a review and everything sounds pretty good. I wonder why the lower review scores. Has anyone been playing it?
I've only played the intro and like 1/5 of the SP. Haven't touched the MP yet. It looks great, just like the first. So far, it feels like the first with way better weapons given the time period. Sasquatch had a whole list of improvements that also help the MP portion. So I don't know why it didn't review as well, but I do remember everyone wetting their pants over a WWI game so maybe that's why BF1 got higher marks.

I have to admit that the Toaster kind of got to me a bit when he was gushing about G-Sync on his laptop. When I bought the 1070 and then saw the Dell on sale I caved. I only had a 27" LG to begin with so I didn't have to decide whether to sacrifice screen real estate or not.
Oh yeah, my UW is sticking around and I am running two monitors. I was just curious about all the hype so I figured for $100 I could chance it. I don't think I'd chance it for $350 personally. Plus, I've been streaming to my laptop lately and the UW makes the stream wonky (like watching a widescreen movie on an old tube TV) so I think with the new monitor I can set it as my default and my streams will look better since they don't make UW laptops yet. A man can dream.

In addition to my G930, I also have a Sennheiser Game One headset which I love. Excellent mic and sound quality for the money.

And pineapple is a perfectly acceptable topping. 

The same people who downplay pineapple probably also pizza-shame barbecue sauce.

Bunch of pizza supremacists up in here.

Nothing like that smoothness of both G-Sync and high-as-hell framerates (i.e. 90fps, 120fps, 200fps, 240fps, etc), especially in action-packed games. Even if you take a hit at a high framerate (90fps or better) down to a still high framerate (i.e. 60 or above) - eh, it's like nothing ever happened.

For things like Overwatch, Battlefield games, CoD games, etc - it's amazing.

EDIT:

It's amazing to play Battlefield 1 with no lag and no stuttering finally. I actually kill people more than I die now too.
Yes!!! :)

There's nothing like that adaptive sync monitor tech w/ no lag, no stutters, and smooth framerates; especially on competitive shooters and fast action-paced games.

I really noticed a major difference in a fair deal of games. In particular, GR: Wildlands (especially this one); Overwatch; & COD: Ghosts felt like they're just running much better and smoother than ever before.

Deal Drop: Fanatical Pick & Mix

Notable inclusions Borderlands 2 Season Pass, Bioshock Infinite Season Pass.
Homeworld: Remastered Collection (don't have it yet); Mafia 3 base-game (already own it and Season Pass); Civ: Beyond Earth (don't have it yet) and its expansion (actually, got that dirt-cheap from GameStop, on clearance); and some Civ 5 expansions look quite notable too.

I been meaning to check around if these all are Steam-Play (for Windows besides Mac) and buy those - but...I've been lazy.

Could always install Linux if need be as some of those support it, especially w/ Steam's Proton out there but...yeah, again, I've been lazy.

The problem with pineapple on pizza is that they usually put too much of it on. There's no good balance between meat and fruit on the Hawaiians of most chain stores. Plus, you have to deal with bullshit like the flavor of too much citrus on top of your greasy cheese base. Might as well eat fondue with lemons if you're that gross.
Pineapple isn't a citrus tho. I think it is a bromeliad, a family that includes a ton of houseplants you see at box stores, Wal-Mart, etc.

Now key lime or blood orange, that does sound odd on a pizza. I'd try it though.

In addition to my G930, I also have a Sennheiser Game One headset which I love. Excellent mic and sound quality for the money.

And pineapple is a perfectly acceptable topping.

The same people who downplay pineapple probably also pizza-shame barbecue sauce.

Bunch of pizza supremacists up in here.
Not a fan of pineapple on a pizza.

Give me meats on a pizza - sausage; bacon; pepperoni; shaved steak; etc etc.

So many good pizza places around Boston and outside of it.

To me, it's really hard to really top places like Santarpio's (original), Pizzeria Regina (original), and Capone's Prohibition Pub. Capone's still has the best meat lover's pizza I've ever had - and nobody's even came close to that damn place.

On BFV, yea Ive played it a fair amount, and like it better than BF1. Its not wholly different but there is a lot more focus on squad play and the new stuff like squad revives and limited ammo/health add to all of it. It also helps that it slowed down the gameplay a bit with the new stuff so its not as spazzy (and not inching so close to battlefront territory) as BF1 did.  I like most of the maps as well except for maybe 1 (whatever the snow mountain one is but Ive only played that one once).

I think as far as sales/reviews go. It came out a poor time. You had blops4, RDR2, and a host of other games all vying for the same group of players for the most part. The reviews, well its a BF, it does have a few glitches in it and things they need to fix, most of which they already have written up a week after release and have said they are working on them

BF1 was amazing. Both the short-story style SP campaign and the incredible MP are awesome. Loved the setting too.

To take that back to WW2 w/ BF5 and basically bring more of the same - yeah, I'm fine with that. I could go for basically BF1-style of gameplay for MP and SP campaigns... basically moved over to WW2.

Can't wait 'til BF5 drops in price.

BF1 was amazing. Both the short-story style SP campaign and the incredible MP are awesome. Loved the setting too.

To take that back to WW2 w/ BF5 and basically bring more of the same - yeah, I'm fine with that. I could go for basically BF1-style of gameplay for MP and SP campaigns... basically moved over to WW2.

Can't wait 'til BF5 drops in price.
HAHAHA Battlefield 1 was utter garbage.

I actually started not liking my M50x after using my Sennheisers for so long. I'm actually planning on buying the Massdrop x Sennheiser 6xx at some point.
I havent tried those yet but ive had my eye on them...but they seem to be an internet/reddit hype thing. Keeping my eye open on others as well like one of the audio technicas

I havent tried those yet but ive had my eye on them...but they seem to be an internet/reddit hype thing. Keeping my eye open on others as well like one of the audio technicas
m50x are closed back - better for music

598's are open back - better for games and movies (better soundstage/less bass)

I actually use my Sennheisers at work, because I can't hear the phone ring with closed headphones. Or I end up typing too loud. At least, I feel like I type louder with closed headphones on.

Saying 598s aren't better for music isn't quite fair, IMO. They're better for less bass-y music, like acoustic, live, piano, or vocal-heavy music. I am in a quiet office though.

FIGHTING EX LAYER just released on Steam and is 25% off for the first week of launch.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/871200/FIGHTING_EX_LAYER/

If you've ever played and enjoyed the Street Fighter EX series then you should already have an idea of what this game is like. It was originally released on PS4 back in the summer, but has just been released on PC today.

This version is essentially the "Full" version (all available characters and Gougi decks) and has a 25% off discount during launch week ($29.59 in America until Dec 6). The only paid DLC are alternative costume colors and it's mainly an additional way to help financially support the game since they're a small company.

Assuming the game has enough success there should hopefully be at least three new DLC characters in the future (including Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/KOF as a guest).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwhoqZs6vF4

I got this for $190 (plus another $20 MIR if I get it in on time): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079NX4GCF/
Just wondering if you got yours yet. Mine arrived today and the coil whine with an unlocked frame rate brought me back to the days of having a dial-up modem. Disgustingly loud. Still some light squeal with V-Sync on, but it only occurs during high GPU usage situations and I'll never notice it with headphones on.

Other than that, it's a solid card. Might run cooler than the EVGA GTX 1070 I had previously while having none of the weird fan issues that drove me up a wall.

Just wondering if you got yours yet. Mine arrived today and the coil whine with an unlocked frame rate brought me back to the days of having a dial-up modem. Disgustingly loud. Still some light squeal with V-Sync on, but it only occurs during high GPU usage situations and I'll never notice it with headphones on.

Other than that, it's a solid card. Might run cooler than the EVGA GTX 1070 I had previously while having none of the weird fan issues that drove me up a wall.
You could always exchange it or RMA it. My brother's 1060 originally had some coil whine issues and he exchanged it and the replacement had no issues.

You could always exchange it or RMA it. My brother's 1060 originally had some coil whine issues and he exchanged it and the replacement had no issues.
Thought about exchanging, but Amazon only appears to offer a refund or a repair (they give you a shipping label and you send it to God knows who). No option to exchange. Maybe that's because they don't have any in stock at the moment, so I'll have to check back later. And from what I can gather, MSI won't accept "coil whine" as a valid reason for RMA.

V-Sync makes things 95% better, so I'm fine keeping it as is. Not to mention the card is perfectly stable and runs fine. But man, that Forza benchmark with an unlocked frame rate was like nails on a chalk board.

Burgers are passe. The pizza cult keeps things fresh and exciting.
We understand and respect your fresh and exciting pizza cult. Except for bacon on a hawaiian pizza. Bacon is wonderful but bacon, pepperoni and pineapple just don't go well together. Sorry, please contact your cult's support hotline for a free door and some succulent pineapples.

If you like garlic on your pizza and live in 4-5 states out west, try Garlic Jims. You'll be tasting the garlic 12 hours later. They're pricey and quality but garlic on almost everything. I still can't get over that Pizza Slut is a popular restaurant in the UK/Europe. The cheese stuffed crust is nice but that is the only selling point. Might as well get a frozen Digornos. For bigger chains I prefer Round Table, Dominos, Papa Johns and I guess Little Caesars except I haven't eaten their pizza in almost 20 years.

We understand and respect your fresh and exciting pizza cult. Except for bacon on a hawaiian pizza. Bacon is wonderful but bacon, pepperoni and pineapple just don't go well together. Sorry, please contact your cult's support hotline for a free door and some succulent pineapples.
Wait, what hawaiian pizza has pepperoni on it? I thought it was pineapple and ham. For the record, I prefer sausage and pineapple and am slowly converting those around me.

Also, we do make our own pizzas as 2 of my kids are deathly allergic to dairy. The other one prefers Ledo Pizza for restaurant bought fare.

Gaming related, I find it hard to play games and eat pizza at the same time unless you use knife and fork - which is only acceptable with deep dish style pizza. Additionally, I dont eat while wearing headphones as the chewing sound reverberates in my head and I just cant take it. #Misophonia

I think I'll have a Five Guys burger for lunch though while watching a Battlefield V quick look. (Did I hit every major topic of the last few pages?)

You'll be tasting the garlic 12 hours later.
So this is generally considered the opposite of a selling point for a comestible product--unless of course, you live on an island by yourself, in which case the delivery charges would kill that deal.

Wait, what hawaiian pizza has pepperoni on it? I thought it was pineapple and ham. For the record, I prefer sausage and pineapple and am slowly converting those around me.

Also, we do make our own pizzas as 2 of my kids are deathly allergic to dairy. The other one prefers Ledo Pizza for restaurant bought fare.

Gaming related, I find it hard to play games and eat pizza at the same time unless you use knife and fork - which is only acceptable with deep dish style pizza. Additionally, I dont eat while wearing headphones as the chewing sound reverberates in my head and I just cant take it. #Misophonia

I think I'll have a Five Guys burger for lunch though while watching a Battlefield V quick look. (Did I hit every major topic of the last few pages?)
Yeah, you're confusing things that make sense (pineapples with your ham) with things that make no sense (pineapples on your pepperoni pizza). The latter is, sadly, a very real phenomenon.

Eh, to each his own, but I wouldn't. I find 5 Guys to be really overpriced for what you get. If I want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a hamburger and fries, I'd prefer to at least go where I can get some good dipping sauces for said fries, Red Robin.

I like Five Guys, but Red Robin does have unlimited fries.  I still like the Five Guys fries better.  Closest RR is now 45 minutes away so we just don't go often.

I'd like to find a place with good garlic knots or bread sticks.  That's the one place where the chain places are absolute trash.  Pizza hut knots are awful.  I remember the local place in college had good breadsticks and knots.  Funny because the pizza was just so so. 

I find 5 Guys to be really overpriced for what you get.
Agreed.

If I want to pay a ridiculous amount of money for a hamburger and fries, I'd prefer to at least go where I can get some good dipping sauces for said fries, Red Robin.
Unfortunately, Red Robin's burgers ain't that good either. Sure, they might have all kinds of cool burger toppings, but their burger itself is bland. Not much taste to the burger itself.

Thank God for places like Stockholders, R.F. O'Sullivan's, Stoneforge, and Fat Cat - all who have really good burgers, around this neck of the woods.

EDIT:

I like Five Guys, but Red Robin does have unlimited fries. I still like the Five Guys fries better. Closest RR is now 45 minutes away so we just don't go often.
If there's anything that I liked about Five guys and Red Robin - yep, it's the fries.

I wish more places would do the Red Robin unlimited fries gimmick.

EDIT 2:

In terms of actual burger bars, one thing Fuddrucker's gets right: their burger bar for condiments & toppings. Just grab whatever topping you want and as much as you feel. Lettuce. Tomatoes. Ketchup. Mustard. Relish. Pickles. etc etc. I wish more burger places would do such a thing.

Fuddrucker's is definitely NOT the "World's Greatest Hamburgers" - not even damn close; they're just "okay", IMHO - but they certainly have the best burger bar for condiments & toppings.

Also, you guys are delusional about your pricing. 

Last time I got a combo at burger king it was like $10.  

For $10 at Five Guys you get fresh ingredients, made to order, unlimited toppings, fresh fries cut that day, unlimited peanuts.  Not sure what you expect for $10.  

Also, you guys are delusional about your pricing.

Last time I got a combo at burger king it was like $10.

For $10 at Five Guys you get fresh ingredients, made to order, unlimited toppings, fresh fries cut that day, unlimited peanuts. Not sure what you expect for $10.
When local places around here like Boston Tavern, Fat Cat, Stockholders, and RF O'Sullivans & The Stoneforge exist (and that's just for starters here) - it's just not even worth thinking about places like Five Guys.

I'd rather spend the extra few dollars for something way better, TBH.

When local places around here like Boston Tavern, Fat Cat, Stockholders, and RF O'Sullivans & The Stoneforge exist (and that's just for starters here) - it's just not even worth thinking about places like Five Guys.

I'd rather spend the extra few dollars for something way better, TBH.
Your story doesn't check out. Boston Tavern has a 3.5 on Yelp and charges $12 for a basic burger with bacon.

Your story doesn't check out. Boston Tavern has a 3.5 on Yelp and charges $12 for a basic burger with bacon.
And it's certainly much better than Five Guy's, IMHO.

5 Guys is not even close, especially in terms of the actual burger itself.

EDIT:

Usually, I'll order a burger and get it as boring/plain as possible, on first time going there. It's how I know if the burger itself (the meat) is any good or not. From there, on repeat visits, that's when I start trying different toppings and stuff.

Same with a pizza - order a cheese pizza, see if that's any good. That's how you can tell, if they make a good pizza. After that first trial run, that's when I start ordering different types of pizzas with toppings and whatnot.

You dont get that drink though at Five Guys! (/snark; I really dont care)

Re: Five Guys v Red Robin, I choose Red Robin every time, all things being equal. However, things are not equal, 1 Five Guys is on my home/work route and another walking distance from my office, whereas RR requires a 20-30 min one way dedicated trip from either home or work. Going full circle, my favorite RR dish is the Banzai Burger, aka burger w/ pineapple. 

Though the "unlimited" nature of the fries of RR isnt a big upgrade over FG as FG gives an s-load of fries anyway. However, I like the fat steak fries of RR more anyway.

I like RR a lot, used to go a ton when I was in Seattle and they had the one by the Pier.  Could just walk there if I really wanted.  

They get stingy with the fries.  They come out with like 4-5 fries hoping you won't order more.  My go to was the Royale or whatever spicy seasonal one they had.  The bleu cheese one was also on point.  I prefer RR for their more unique toppings.  Five Guys is fine when I want something quick but don't want the overprocessed shit of fast food.  Though I tend to find their burgers hard to eat as they are too small/tall for all the toppings.  It'd a messy burger but the equivalent of a good home made one.  

MysterD mentions at least one steakhouse and I just can't go to a steakhouse and not get a steak.  I guess if I was just wanting something quick for lunch.  

bread's done
Back