Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Toodaloo Bioware
BioWare really hasn't been BioWare since probably DA2. Too many key figures, writers, and long-term employees have left, over the years since then. It seemed to be that BioWare's excellence began to go on and off for many, after that particular DA2 title.

Who's even left at BioWare Edmonton? Mark Darrah? Casey Hudson?

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure but bl3 is a 6 month exclusive on epic
PC version was just confirmed to be an Epic store exclusive until April 2020 this morning. Everything before that was educated speculation.
giphy.gif

The BL3 announcement did not say it was coming to Steam in April 2020, it mentioned it would be available on different stores.

Borderlands 3” hits the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows exclusively through the Epic Store on Sept. 13

The game will hit other PC storefronts starting in April 2020.

I really cannot see bypassing Steam i.e. going to Uplay or Origins instead.  However, could it mean that humble or GMG sell BL3?

water is too murky on this one

I recently found this website that has an archive of all the Computer Gaming World magazines and it's great... I spent a while glancing through old issues.

The BL3 announcement did not say it was coming to Steam in April 2020, it mentioned it would be available on different stores.
Borderlands 3” hits the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows exclusively through the Epic Store on Sept. 13
The game will hit other PC storefronts starting in April 2020.
I really cannot see bypassing Steam i.e. going to Uplay or Origins instead. However, could it mean that humble or GMG sell BL3?
water is too murky on this one
Nobway Epic is giving enough money for a super popular IP like Borderlands to completely bypass Steam... Way too many sales will be missed.

Who's even left at BioWare Edmonton? Mark Darrah? Casey Hudson?
Why are you mentioning Casey Hudson like he's a positive? He rewrote the ending to ME3 and committed IP suicide... and judging by the Anthem stories recently he just drank coffee while the game was burning to the ground.

Why are you mentioning Casey Hudson like he's a positive? He rewrote the ending to ME3 and committed IP suicide... and judging by the Anthem stories recently he just drank coffee while the game was burning to the ground.
Well he also probably had a lot to do with ME1-3 being great. My opinion is that EA already had the ship sinking by the time they did the token "bringing him back" move

While Casey did supposedly and probably do that to the ending of ME3 (even if EA did debunk it, I don't buy that), the rest of the games overall were still great. I'm betting he was still very important to the entire ME Trilogy.

Really sucks that ME3's ending went majorly off a cliff.

Haven't played Anthem, but it's a damn shame that game has sounded like it's been in development Hell for a very long time & turned out to be a disaster. Really hope BioWare can turn it around, if EA will give them a chance and/or BioWare can figure out how to revamp the living hell out of it.

can't wait for EGS Access subscription where i can play BL3 and all other EGS "exclusives" for a flat rate. or maybe i'll be dead by then, WHO KNOWS?!?

I played it with Origin Access Premier.  It's a pretty game.  Haven't touched it in a while.  Hopefully it'll be in better condition in a few months to a year.  I finally got my Division 2 key from AMD so that'll be taking up my loot shooter time for now. 

Well he also probably had a lot to do with ME1-3 being great. My opinion is that EA already had the ship sinking by the time they did the token "bringing him back" move
It was a big mistake to bring him back... In my opinion. Bioware was already damaged beyond recovery before ME3 shipped. The first big clue that upper managment wasn't paying enough attention, and this was when the big two were still there, was that ending. And the fact they didn't fire him for it shows the disconnect...

Bringing him back was just shuffling deck chairs.

Anyhow, Anthem isn't never going to get fixed. EA will tire of it not producing money, and who can blame them after that article, and will mercy kill it. Hopefully, Bioware will get mercy killed too.

I played it with Origin Access Premier. It's a pretty game. Haven't touched it in a while. Hopefully it'll be in better condition in a few months to a year. I finally got my Division 2 key from AMD so that'll be taking up my loot shooter time for now.
nice, I'm glad that you finally got your AMD key.

You do realize this is CAG?. CoD franchise collection for $962.60 (10%) off. Maybe there is an error, but in checking a couple of titles CoD, CoD 2, CoD BL; no discount.

cdkeys has better sales on older CoD titles.

Thank you for the notification, but not CAG worthy.
Hrm. Looks like some discount haven't flipped yet.

Should be 50% off most titles, and most dlc @ 35% off.

I know it's not the deepest discount, but I didn't mean to offend.

Borderlands.

I'v started it three or four times, play it for a few hours and then leave it alone for another game.

Should I give up and move onto Borderlands 2, or will this shiny new remaster 4K thing make it worth another try?

I played it with Origin Access Premier. It's a pretty game. Haven't touched it in a while. Hopefully it'll be in better condition in a few months to a year. I finally got my Division 2 key from AMD so that'll be taking up my loot shooter time for now.
Be honest, who's appendage did you have pleasure to finally get Div2?

Don't apologize to us, we are just a bunch of vultures and a toaster with an essay complex lol. Be like "bitch, you will take ur discount and like it".

Hrm. Looks like some discount haven't flipped yet.

Should be 50% off most titles, and most dlc @ 35% off.

I know it's not the deepest discount, but I didn't mean to offend.

Borderlands.

I'v started it three or four times, play it for a few hours and then leave it alone for another game.

Should I give up and move onto Borderlands 2, or will this shiny new remaster 4K thing make it worth another try?
Well, the remaster made it less antiquated.

But if you can't finish 1, I don't really think you'd have a better chance with 2 or pre-sequel.

Borderlands Claptrap > Borderlands 2 Claptrap

Someone needs to get Oasis over to the Enhanced version so I have a reason to replay Borderlands from the start. I haven't checked if the Knoxx glitch is still in there.

I'd like to personally congratulate aspyrbash on being an active CAG member for 6 months.

You've outlasted Amazon Josh, Hamble Rep, and a few others (especially Yanni Cappuccino of Groupees who was only here for a day to tell Motoki he'd slap him around like a whiny bitch but that's beside the point...).

Anyway, aspyrbash is one of us now. Pretty soon they'll be grumbling about Borderplands DLC, Epic exclusives, Humble selling out, pineapple on pizza, and everything in between.

I'd like to personally congratulate aspyrbash on being an active CAG member for 6 months.

You've outlasted Amazon Josh, Hamble Rep, and a few others (especially Yanni Cappuccino of Groupees who was only here for a day to tell Motoki he'd slap him around like a whiny bitch but that's beside the point...).

Anyway, aspyrbash is one of us now. Pretty soon they'll be grumbling about Borderplands DLC, Epic exclusives, Humble selling out, pineapple on pizza, and everything in between.
Waiting to hear the announcement from aspyrbash about the new Aspyr client/storefront!!

giphy.gif

CoD Franchise Sale is live. And we just launched Black Ops III on Mac, which is also on sale!
Day 1 discount!
50% off for day 1 ain't terrible.
Got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind.

How does Activision (I'm assuming) decide what CoD games to have you guys port to Mac?
And how come BO1 has a separate Mac edition (which is surprisingly not on sale) but this doesn't?

Not complaining, just curious. But I understand if this is too much inside baseball to publicly disclose.

Also, tell them to put the Warchest (1, UO and 2) on sale for 75% off so I can finally buy it. Thanks. :bouncy:

Borderlands.

I still can enjoy BL1 but I played it the year it came out, which I feel makes a difference. It's pretty inferior to BL2 overall. Honestly if you own BL2 there's really no reason to play 1, they have the same basic gameplay but BL2 is just all around much better.

bread's done
Back