Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So the latest rumor is Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PC in July.

As an Epic exclusive.
But where the heck is Red Dead Redemption 1 for PC?

They ever gonna "remaster" and port that to PC, since its code is supposed to be fragile & in shambles and it needs the complete remaster treatment?

EDIT:

The TV adaptation of What We Do in the Shadows is fantastic.
Yep, I absolutely love the new series, so far.

The movie was great back when it came out, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
But where the heck is Red Dead Redemption 1 for PC?

They ever gonna "remaster" and port that to PC, since its code is supposed to be fragile & in shambles and it needs the complete remaster treatment?

EDIT:
Yep, I absolutely love the new series, so far.
The movie was great back when it came out, also.
They were actually going to remaster RDR1 and bring it to all modern platforms (including PC) later this year, but Rockstar's execs finally had enough of you asking about it, so they've canceled the project forever.

They were actually going to remaster RDR1 and bring it to all modern platforms (including PC) later this year, but Rockstar's execs finally had enough of you asking about it, so they've canceled the project forever.
I'd doubt Rockstar exec's would cancel over me.

They seem to love money (just like any other top tier company) - so if RDR1 would print them GTAO type of Shark Card money, I'd guess they might remaster it.

They seem to love money (just like any other top tier company) - so if RDR1 would print them GTAO type of Shark Card money, I'd guess they might remaster it.
They seem to love money which is why RDR1 is not coming to PC.

I've been no-lifeing Div 2 for the last two days.  Most set items are going to be junk compared to the other well-itemized high-end pieces, but I picked up one pretty good piece yesterday. 

div-1.jpg

boy is it a waste almost anytime you get itemized with a blue bonus.   +health on kill and +health are almost completely worthless. 

Have not played Derpvision 2 since my initial one hour session.  Will probably uninstall.  Maybe I can get free Borderlands 3 with a purchase of a new gen AMD card next Black Friday.

It seems like RDR2 is getting hammered over monetization. I wonder if GTAV was just lightning in a bottle (till GTA6)

Have not played Derpvision 2 since my initial one hour session. Will probably uninstall. Maybe I can get free Borderlands 3 with a purchase of a new gen AMD card next Black Friday.
Yeah, you'll like the cartoon loot shooter with the poop jokes way better probably. lol!

Yeah, you'll like the cartoon loot shooter with the poop jokes way better probably. lol!
Don't act like you won't flock to it as the water-cooler-cool-new-loot-shooter-of-the-day as you've done with Derpstany 1, Derpvision, Derpstany 2, and Derpvision 2.

Don't act like you won't flock to it as the water-cooler-cool-new-loot-shooter-of-the-day as you've done with Derpstany 1, Derpvision, Derpstany 2, and Derpvision 2.
I'm just saying. They are two TOTALLY different games.

About 2/3s through She remembers caterpillars and that's also a good puzzle game if you need one.

Art style is nice and puzzles are fun and get increasingly difficult, though I found one of the later game mechanics that is introduced made things a little easier.

Story is 2deep4u but it's just text between puzzles so you can ignore it. I'm hoping that the ending explains things more, but either way I'm having fun with it.
Just finished this up this afternoon. Solid puzzles and I enjoyed the storytelling. One of the better JRPGs I've played recently.

Just finished this up this afternoon. Solid puzzles and I enjoyed the storytelling. One of the better JRPGs I've played recently.

All this talk about She remembers Caterpillars got me to actually download it. If it sucks, I'll feed you all to TrumpCat's followers!
Just finished it tonight myself. Was good. Only a few hours of puzzles. They could put in more if they didn't focus on the story.

No time to play games... just got a new desktop ... err laptop.  In true CAG fashion, got it open box for a ridiculously good price (45% off).  It's better than my damned desktop in fact.  1070 i7.  Only thing I need now is another of them new style HDs (don't remember what they're called... the plug style, non-SATA).  This isn't for gaming... just for talking to you people :p

Trying to do the 1 random steam game a day again. Today I played and beat Bleed. Pretty good game. Solid controls and good graphics. I enjoyed it and I beat it around an hour and a half or so.

Yesterday was 1001 Spikes (very good but wow was this hard). Beat 1 world and it's solid control wise but so, so, so frustrating. Also played 140 which was an interesting rhythm minimalistic platformer. Very solid honestly just really wasn't quite the game for me.

Just glad all 3 games weren't terrible haha. With this system I'll have tried out most of my games in like possibly 11 years haha. I wont play most HOGs and terrible meme games so that eliminates like 1000 or something probably.

Trying to do the 1 random steam game a day again. Today I played and beat Bleed. Pretty good game. Solid controls and good graphics. I enjoyed it and I beat it around an hour and a half or so.

Yesterday was 1001 Spikes (very good but wow was this hard). Beat 1 world and it's solid control wise but so, so, so frustrating. Also played 140 which was an interesting rhythm minimalistic platformer. Very solid honestly just really wasn't quite the game for me.

Just glad all 3 games weren't terrible haha. With this system I'll have tried out most of my games in like possibly 11 years haha. I wont play most HOGs and terrible meme games so that eliminates like 1000 or something probably.
I've been doing something similar in the hopes of clearing out my library. Been hiding games I tried and sucked or I completed and won't replay at all. 1 was not playable at all and abandoned.

Super Mixtape was a fun concept but it only has a tutorial Was abandoned in EA with only a tutorial and bundled after it was abandoned.

Zombie Desperation was basically a flash game. Same with ZombieCarz.

Zombie Shooter 1 and 2 were good and I finally finished those. Some of my first steam sale purchases almost 10 years ago.

Camper Jumper Simulator had trash handling so no fun at all.

Crayon Physics Deluxe was fun but then got rage quit hard so I'm done with it.

GTAV is on PC because of GTAO. Red Dead Redemption is a labor of love, but Rockstar also has self-esteem. They like getting paid for the work they put in. PC players don't buy good games at retail prices, they just buy shit buckets of shark cards and microtransactions out the ass.

It makes less than zero sense for Rockstar, or anyone else interested in putting down real development money to make good single-player narrative games, to ever release any major narrative title on PC.

They should only release easy pushover jobs, anything easy that can turn a profit, or anything they can put tons of microtransactions into. That's all PC gamers spend money on. Well, that and bundles full of steam codes 90% of which they'll never play.

Just finished it tonight myself. Was good. Only a few hours of puzzles. They could put in more if they didn't focus on the story.
Did the first 20 puzzles last night right after typing my last comment. It's decent. Pretty sure I gather what the 'story' is, but it seems far disconnected from the gameplay. Doesnt matter, I like the puzzles.

Did the first 20 puzzles last night right after typing my last comment. It's decent. Pretty sure I gather what the 'story' is, but it seems far disconnected from the gameplay. Doesnt matter, I like the puzzles.
Yeah, that's the same feeling I came away with. I also read some article about it that spelled out the story pretty clearly. I find the story is just there and doesn't really add to the game.

PC players don't buy good games at retail prices, they just buy shit buckets of shark cards and microtransactions out the ass.
A brief look at Steam's top seller list shows that this isn't accurate. Epic wouldn't be buying up 6-12 month exclusives if this was accurate. This forum or Reddit isn't representative of the PC gaming population as a whole. Most of them happily buy full MSRP Day One, etc.

“Action game.”

I defy you to name a single game that doesn’t involve an action, even if it’s just walking.

Or turning the steering wheel slightly left on occasion.

I am peeved the most by the "open-world" moniker because in most of those games you can't even interact with anything in the world.   Like the Div 1 where we had a disagreement about it on here once.  Ok there's a large map, but so what?  You can't do anything except shoot guys and open boxes.  There are all these large lifelike art assets but they are entirely non-functional.  People call it an open-world game bc Steam says so; they haven't actually played it. There are no NPCs or anything else to interact with.  You aren't stumbling upon random encounters or finding interesting events.  You fast travel everywhere and aren't even on-foot most of the time.  It's a dumb classification 50% of the time. Whereas GTA5 or Assassin's Creed Origins actually have open worlds. 

So... this MSI laptop is awesome. Once I realized I could plug my Oculus into it.... my office is so small.  Now I can do  Beat Sabers (in my underwear) right in my living room.  God technology is awesome.

I am peeved the most by the "open-world" moniker because in most of those games you can't even interact with anything in the world. Like the Div 1 where we had a disagreement about it on here once. Ok there's a large map, but so what? You can't do anything except shoot guys and open boxes. There are all these large lifelike art assets but they are entirely non-functional. People call it an open-world game bc Steam says so; they haven't actually played it. There are no NPCs or anything else to interact with. You aren't stumbling upon random encounters or finding interesting events. You fast travel everywhere and aren't even on-foot most of the time. It's a dumb classification 50% of the time. Whereas GTA5 or Assassin's Creed Origins actually have open worlds.
I mean, an "open world" moniker is just supposed to tell you it's a big world and you aren't restricted where you can travel to. it has nothing to do with what goes on within the game map, so you're getting mad because a descriptor isn't describing something it was never meant to describe

I mean, an "open world" moniker is just supposed to tell you it's a big world and you aren't restricted where you can travel to. it has nothing to do with what goes on within the game map, so you're getting mad because a descriptor isn't describing something it was never meant to describe
The Legend of Zelda and Dark Souls are my favorite open-world games. :applause:

8th Gen i7 (2.2Ghz)

15.6" 144Hz IPS

GTX 1070 8GB DDR5

16Gb DDR-2400

512 SSD, empty NVMe PCIe slot

4lbs. 

Picked up for just over $1K. (there's a slight rub under the screen where the MSI is... you can't even see it unless you look at an angle and can't feel it with a fingernail)

8th Gen i7 (2.2Ghz)

15.6" 144Hz IPS

GTX 1070 8GB DDR5

16Gb DDR-2400

512 SSD, empty NVMe PCIe slot

4lbs.

Picked up for just over $1K. (there's a slight rub under the screen where the MSI is... you can't even see it unless you look at an angle and can't feel it with a fingernail)
Really nice deal for $1K.

Awesome @ the GTX 1070 8gb. What a beast!

Is there room to later upgrade the RAM?

Really nice deal for $1K.

Awesome @ the GTX 1070 8gb. What a beast!

Is there room to later upgrade the RAM?
Yea, 32Gb. So right now I'm eyeballing Corsair and 2 1TB SSDs. Just on the money saved it's awesome. It was a fluke. Best Buy had an open box (marked Fair) so I had them open to see what the contents looked like. Then on top of that there was a sale that stacked. I was already debating the 2060 so this one for over half the price... now I'm trying to find a game to actually play on it (besides Beat Sabers).

The Legend of Zelda and Dark Souls are my favorite open-world games. :applause:
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here, nobody calls dark souls open world games because...they aren't open world, there are a bunch of areas (probably like 40% of the game in the 1st one, which is the most open dark souls game, for example) that are blocked off in the beginning. And I think every zelda outside of botw and the original are pretty linear and/or have areas gated by items that you need to get, which is not the case with open world games.

Yea, 32Gb. So right now I'm eyeballing Corsair and 2 1TB SSDs. Just on the money saved it's awesome. It was a fluke. Best Buy had an open box (marked Fair) so I had them open to see what the contents looked like. Then on top of that their was a sale that stacked. I was already debating the 2060 so this one for over half the price... now I'm trying to find a game to actually play on it (besides Beat Sabers).
Awesome @ max of 32GB. All set for the future.

What a beast w/ that 1070!

Awesome @ the SSD's you're eyeballing. That sounds great. :)

bread's done
Back