Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It's a decent side-scrolling platformer, but it tries too hard to be an NES Metroid clone. Complete with enemies that respawn once their spawn points are off-camera.
This. Always hated that, made it much harder than it needed to be. I get that it's a particular style, and maybe I'm a casual for saying that, but I wish that shit was toggleable.

There are also some Capcom deals at Funstock if you want to deal with the chance that it will take ages to get your key. The D&D Mystara game is an all time low, I think. I am tempted to finally pick up Street Fighter but it isn't like I would actually play it anytime soon.

Used 25% code (#FUNDEALS)

Use that instead of anything else, you can save a little bit more.
Tom beat me to it, but these games having a 25% coupon make these prices a lot more appetizing, and yes, they've got Nuuvem beat on some things.

I just wish there wasn't a VAT-inflated MSRP for most of them.

The big deal over at FunStock is USFIV (Complete, which is seemingly at the same price as the upgrade) for $8.05 with 25% off coupon.

Big deals at Nuuvem are the USFIV upgrade for about $6 and Strider for about $5, historical lows on both, but I think they can go lower.

I'd buy from Get Games if their prices were actually good. Maybe the bundle sites and Nuuvem have spoiled me too much.
No, they're firmly in the meh pricing range. They could use a voucher like GMG to make their prices seem more attractive. They have the occasional stand out price on like one thing, once a year. Still better than D2D though.

uGV6UvK.jpg

Flying RPG Bundle (Pay at least $3.00 to get these games):

- Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate Complete (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode II War of The Abyss (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Dungeon of Gain
- Forsaken Uprising (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Greyfox (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Mystery game that will be revealed on the second week of the bundle. 

All Steam games, even the mystery game.

Because I have next to no use for Win 7 since 8.1

The reasons are irrelevant, people.
And you presumably have 8.1 installed on a solid state which we had no way of knowing, let alone the fact that you had any other os. No, it's really not irrelevant. Telling you to keep your os on a ssd is called looking out for you so don't get snippy.

It's like me simply saying "I intend to sell my car. How much should I ask for it?" and then you guys saying "Why? Don't you like driving it?"

Entirely beside the point."
No it's "Why, you have to have a car where you live and it's and it's an incredible one in every way with exceptional speed and mileage," without knowing you already have another one that you prefer that is arguably equal to it in every spec and has a longer warranty on the electronics system that you intend to keep and use. This is all while knowing that whatever you get for your old car likely won't buy you as fast, efficient, or reliable a car. It's trying to sav you from a bad decision without knowing all the facts.

Dumbass

Last edited by a moderator:
So GOG has Divinity: Original Sin at half price. I like the idea of getting the game DRM free, but I hate updating manually. And also, the lack of steam workshop might suck.

What do you guys think?

So GOG has Divinity: Original Sin at half price. I like the idea of getting the game DRM free, but I hate updating manually. And also, the lack of steam workshop might suck.

What do you guys think?
i bought a copy at best buy its $22 ($17.60 with GCU) it came with a dvd and steam key, the steam key redeemed as the collectors edition which included all the DLCs for free ($10 with the gog version afaik). Unfortunately it looks like they are sold out online now but you can see if any are at stores near you

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/divinity-original-sin-windows/9484095.p?id=1219418199417&skuId=9484095

uGV6UvK.jpg

Flying RPG Bundle (Pay at least $3.00 to get these games):

- Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate Complete (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode II War of The Abyss (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Dungeon of Gain
- Forsaken Uprising (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Greyfox (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Song of the Myrne: What Lies Beneath (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Sword of the Stars: The Pit - Gold Edition (Has Steam Trading Cards)
- Mystery game that will be revealed on the second week of the bundle.

All Steam games, even the mystery game.
when a bundle has 8 rpgs in it and the only one i've heard of isn't even an rpg i tend to not want to buy the bundle

Up to 75% off SEGA games
75% off Square Enix games
Up to 75% off TellTale games and DLC
Up to 66% off Weekly Staff Picks
Current Voucher: 20% off SAVE20-APRILD-EALSON (Expires 4/20 1600 UTC)
Decent prices on...

Typing of the Dead: Overkill Collection (Steam) - $6.49 ($5.20 after voucher)
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill – Thou Filthy Love Collection
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Silver Screen DLC
  • The Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Dancing with the Dead DLC
Deus Ex Collection (Steam) - $8.24 ($6.60 after voucher)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Deus Ex: The Fall
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War

Can I just say that it's horrible of Telltale to give crazy discounts on the PSN versions of their games last month but still charge too much for their Steam versions? $7.49 for Jurassic Park: The Game? I just bought it for PS3 for 90 cents. And I don't even own a PS3 blerhelrarg.

Jesus, I'm glad I didn't have a REAL problem.

Decent prices on...

I have NO Typing of the Dead DLC and I am so tempted, but it feels like they might just release more. Up shit creek.

I have NO Typing of the Dead DLC and I am so tempted, but it feels like they might just release more. Up shit creek.
It's complete. The last paid DLC was released in March of 2014, and one year later they enabled custom dictionaries via Steam Workshop support.

What do you guys think?
well gog is working on their client, its still in alpha but does support automatic updating. The only issue is their entire catalog isnt supported in the alpha as of yet, they add a couple each week.

So at some point in the future whenever they finally release galaxy you can install and update through that

Not a terrible value. Though, I'm only missing both Chronicles and Forsaken, so a pass for me.
I'm missing nothing but the mystery game (which I'll probably have), so I guess it's a safe skip for me unlike the last Flying (still missing Burning Cars).

I actually think the IR Insulin bundle is better. Is that weird?

Decent prices on...

Deus Ex Collection (Steam) - $8.24 ($6.60 after voucher)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
  • Deus Ex: The Fall
  • Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
For anyone confused, the Typing of the Dead Collection on sale includes all 5 DLCs (Thou Filthy Love includes 3). This is probably the best price we're going to get on it outside of a bundle (which wouldn't include DLC), or a deeper discount voucher.

However, too little too late since the Custom Dictionaries update (it took how long for it to get this low?), but the OCD DLC owner in me still kind of wants it. Decisions, decisions.

Chip's Challenge 1&2.

I think this came with Windows 3.1 like 20 years ago. Makes me feel very old.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346850/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/348300/
I loved Chips Challenge.

I will be buying these two the instant they show up.

In a bundle I'm planning on grabbing anyway.

And you presumably have 8.1 installed on a solid state which we had no way of knowing, let alone the fact that you had any other os. No, it's really not irrelevant. Telling you to keep your os on a ssd is called looking out for you so don't get snippy.
He said he was considering ditching an OS install. Unless you assumed that he doesn't know that his system needs an operating system, it was clear that he had at least one more operating system installed.

I loved Chips Challenge.

I will be buying these two the instant they show up.
Chip’s Challenge 1 & Chip’s Challenge 2 will be available on Steam on 29 th May:

Chip’s Challenge 1 is $1.99 on Steam for PC:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/346850

Chip’s Challenge 2 is $4.99 on Steam for PC:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/348300

Chip’s Challenge 2: Editor as DLC for CC2 is $2.99 on Steam for PC:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/356630

Or all three are available as a bundle at 50% off the combined price for $4.99.

Dat pricing.

Jesus, I'm glad I didn't have a REAL problem.

I am tempted too, but I don't see myself spending more than 3 bucks for this game in cash.

If it is on steam, so I can use wallet, I will probably buy it for this price.

#realCAG ;)

According to my Groupees email:

New Keys Added
Cloud Knights - Build a Greenlight 21
DarkBase 01 - Build a Greenlight 18
Vortex Attack - Build a Greenlight 18
Escape Machines - Build a Greenlight 22
500 Years Act 1 - Ajay's Bundle
And StartBolita - Build a Greenlight 21 has a Desura key added.

New steam limits = goodbye card idling alts.

Why can't I access certain Steam features?

We've chosen to limit access to these features as a means of protecting our customers from those who abuse Steam for purposes such as spamming and phishing. Read more...
How do I gain access to these features?

You will need to spend at least $5.00 USD within the Steam store.

Some examples of purchases that grant access to these features are:

• Adding the equivalent of $5 USD or more to your Steam Wallet
  • Purchasing game(s) that are equal to $5 USD or more from the Steam store
  • Adding a Steam Wallet card to your Steam account
  • Purchasing a Steam gift from the Steam store (Receiving a Steam gift from a friend doesn't count)
Each Steam purchase total will be tracked in USD. If your Steam store's currency isn't in USD, it will be tracked and converted to USD automatically using daily exchange rates.

What features are unavailable to me?

Limited users are prevented from accessing several features on Steam, including but not limited to:
  • Sending friend invites
  • Opening group chat
  • Voting on Greenlight, Steam Reviews and Workshop items
  • Participating in the Steam Market
  • Posting frequently in the Steam Discussions
  • Gaining Steam Profile Levels and Trading Cards
  • Submitting content on the Steam Workshop
  • Posting in an item's Steam Workshop Discussions
  • Accessing the Steam Web API
  • Using browser and mobile chat
lK1i2dF.png

:(

Hoping it keeps spam invites away thought.

$5US? Really? They could have prevented 98% of the invite spam with a $1 limit, and should be doing it in a local currency equivalent rather than USD.

The spamming/scamming line sounds like an excuse to eliminate alts being used for card drops (regular and sale), reviews, and getting around market listing limits.

Just idle $5 worth of credit and gift something to your main. Or maybe open a four-pack with an alt.
"(Receiving a Steam gift from a friend doesn't count)" and you can't market anything until you've added external funds.

Seems like the best least rubbish solution is to add $5 (or more if you're not in the US and have to guess the USD equivalent) to your account and use that to buy something for your main at some point in the future.

Guess I didn't read that announcement because I advocated selling cards when it expressly isn't permitted.  But if you buy a $5 or greater 4-pack with a gimped account, that should work.  It kind of defrays the inability to use steambux across 4 people.  Or just bite the bullet and use actual currency on Steam, but that just feels wrong.

Guess I didn't read that announcement because I advocated selling cards when it expressly isn't permitted. But if you buy a $5 or greater 4-pack with a gimped account, that should work. It kind of defrays the inability to use steambux across 4 people. Or just bite the bullet and use actual currency on Steam, but that just feels wrong.
You'd need to fund that 4 pack from an external source, and you'd lose one of the copies. May as well just buy a full price gift.

No, they're firmly in the meh pricing range. They could use a voucher like GMG to make their prices seem more attractive. They have the occasional stand out price on like one thing, once a year. Still better than D2D though.
Well, GetGamesGo did give many of us them free Loyalty Points or whatever recently - which lasts forever, supposedly:

https://twitter.com/Get_Games/status/583909929087594497

Well, GetGamesGo did give many of us them free Loyalty Points or whatever recently - which lasts forever, supposedly:

https://twitter.com/Get_Games/status/583909929087594497
You rarely ever buy anything, how the fuck do you have loyalty points from a semi-obscure store that no one buys from?

It's worthless to post this here, but I digress:

Dear Rockstar,

fuck you and your fuck ing Social Club bull shit. I want to shit in all of your faces.

Sincerely,

Seriously, fuck you guys

bread's done
Back