Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
He said he was considering ditching an OS install. Unless you assumed that he doesn't know that his system needs an operating system, it was clear that he had at least one more operating system installed.
Yeah on his ssd doesn't mean he wasn't going to be a dumbass and install it on a different drive and that it wasn't going to be his sole operating system. I want to assume the best but really I have heard stupider things.

This kind of dampened my enthusiasm a little:

attachicon.gif
nope.jpg
It's EA - so, did you really expect it to hit Steam?

Especially given the history between the 2 of them, w/ things like this and that.

New steam limits = goodbye card idling alts.

lK1i2dF.png

:(

Hoping it keeps spam invites away thought.
My alts! Nooooooooooooooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKu7TYWNxqA

Wait. My alts are still "full" and I've only spent money on a few from back in my TF2 idling days. They still get card drops... I wonder if these restrictions are stricter on new accounts?

According to my Groupees email:

New Keys Added
Cloud Knights - Build a Greenlight 21
DarkBase 01 - Build a Greenlight 18
Vortex Attack - Build a Greenlight 18
Escape Machines - Build a Greenlight 22
500 Years Act 1 - Ajay's Bundle
And StartBolita - Build a Greenlight 21 has a Desura key added.
In the words of le spoder "u l8".

Also, these new restrictions are targeted towards card idling alts, guaranteed, under the "guise" of targeting friend spammers.

Much like all the region-locks were implemented under the "guise" of dealing with the ruined value of the ruble.

I kinda miss when Valve didn't give a shit about anything, now they're too clever for their own good.

...When it comes to anything affecting their bottom line, I mean. So basically anything besides decent customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit, I think I just doubled up on a AssCreed 3 Season pass.

So, for any users who know about Uplay, how can I tell if I already own a game's DLC?

EDIT: Nevermind

I think I figured it out.

maybe, possibly, probably. I'm sure everyone is relieved.

The Beowulf character for Skullgirls just got released on 360 today (for free), so chances are the PC version should be getting him real soon.

Edit: And it's there (and also free). Credit to Spoder for finding me the hidden link.

How do you tell?
I sent trade offers from those accounts to my main. Instead of getting a "you can't trade" message, the offer went through fine.

Also all the accounts still have Battlepaths drops left - if they were limited, they wouldn't have any drops at all.

I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about concerning these new Steam restrictions, but just know that I'm nodding my head in approval and/or shaking it side to side in disapproval, accordingly.

RE: Steam limits.  Couldn't you just buy a game as a gift on your alt account that you were already going to buy for your main account and then just trade the game to your main account to lift the restrictions?

RE: Steam limits. Couldn't you just buy a game as a gift on your alt account that you were already going to buy for your main account and then just trade the game to your main account to lift the restrictions?
Yeah, either spending $5 on a gift or adding to steam wallet will do. What you spend it on doesn't matter.

Edit: Seems my alt is still fine anyways, but that's what I'll do if I have to.

Game Agent is doing some customer appreciation sale for reaching 200,000 customers (doesn't that seem low?).  Right now Bioshock Infinite Complete is $10 or $5 for the season pass.  You have to log into your account to see the deals hence no direct link.  They've had it at that price before but whatever -- I don't see YOU posting any sales.

The rest of their current deals are 50% off loser "sales".   Supposedly more sale sin a couple days (I'm predicting Civ V which has also been on sale there or BL2, another perennial Game Agent sale)

RE: Steam limits. Couldn't you just buy a game as a gift on your alt account that you were already going to buy for your main account and then just trade the game to your main account to lift the restrictions?
Yeah, that's what I said. The problem with that is having to fund said purchase from an external source.

Valve enacted it to cut down on scamming and spamming. It affects a few people here with card-idling alt accounts, though it's not much of an obstacle to card-farming.
if you redeem a few bundle fodders on an alt account, wouldn't that be considered above $5 already? considering 1 game is retailed around $5 ish on average

Buying a game directly through the Steam client or website.  Either purchase for myself or purchase as a gift work.  It's tracked if you go to your Account Details and then click Store Transactions.

That page still lists every key that gets added, but all the bundle keys, keys from other websites, retail keys, etc. show up as "Free".  The keys purchased through Steam show whatever sale price was paid.

Yeah, that's what I said. The problem with that is having to fund said purchase from an external source.
Buy a $20 Steam Card, use it on alt, use your alt to buy stuff and gift it to your main. Boom.

I could theoretically buy $5 Gringobux / 76 Mexipesos worth of stuff on each account (you can pay for stuff at a convenience store chain's cashiers, much like utility bills), but since they've got the stupid Mexico region lock, I can't give that stuff to my main. And it'd cost me like 8 extra pesos anyway due to the stupid transaction fees.

But my accounts haven't been hit by any lock so far, so I don't know if they'll be locked later on or not. Nobody knows.

Buy a $20 Steam Card, use it on alt, use your alt to buy stuff and gift it to your main. Boom.
That's even worse... that would be tying $20 to an account rather than $5-$10.
$20 Steam card -> ties $20 to the account.
$5 wallet top up -> ties $5 to the account.

Since most of us rarely pay $20 for a game, I don't see how using a $20 card is preferable to adding $5-$10 to the wallet (when you can just as easily do either.)

EDIT: I think I understand what point you were trying to make now. I never said that it was wasted money, just that it was tied to an account. My point is that it's more money tied into the Steam economy, and that the more you put into an account, the more you have to buy for it to not be wasted money.

If I'm going to dump another $20 into Steam, I'd rather do it in such a way that I get 2-4 alts rather than just one.

I sent trade offers from those accounts to my main. Instead of getting a "you can't trade" message, the offer went through fine.

Also all the accounts still have Battlepaths drops left - if they were limited, they wouldn't have any drops at all.
Limited accounts can get drops, they are just untradeable.

If it's limited XP will be zero always. (Seems like they did not change level downwards thought with this change)

w3pUu2s.png

How to find out if your account is limited... (this only worked for me in Chrome - I'm not sure why FF doesn't show the xml)

Just go to your profile page and add ?xml=1 to the end of the address to display the xml of the page.

If there's a line that says:

Then your account is limited.

If it says:

Your account isn't limited.

$20 Steam card -> ties $20 to the account.
$5 wallet top up -> ties $5 to the account.

Since most of us rarely pay $20 for a game, I don't see how using a $20 card is preferable to adding $5-$10 to the wallet (when you can just as easily do either.)

EDIT: I think I understand what point you were trying to make now. I never said that it was wasted money, just that it was tied to an account. My point is that it's more money tied into the Steam economy, and that the more you put into an account, the more you have to buy for it to not be wasted money.

If I'm going to dump another $20 into Steam, I'd rather do it in such a way that I get 2-4 alts rather than just one.
Steam wallet cards go on sale though. Bestbuy and Target have 10 to 15% off sales occasionally and Fry's just had a 30% off sale last week or so. I got a $20 card for $14. Also some people have rewards or cashback offers.

Obviously if you're paying full price there's no point unless the game you want is actually 20 bucks or if you don't want to share your CC with Steam.

Limited accounts can get drops, they are just untradeable.

If it's limited XP will be zero always. (Seems like they did not change level downwards thought with this change)

w3pUu2s.png
All my alt accounts have XP. I leveled them up legitimately with CSGO badges. :p

I wonder if this change only affected accounts created after a certain point.

same price at newegg with the promo code on the product page and no tax at newegg for most of the US.
For those with Prime and possible Bing bucks, Amazon has it for only $3 more. http://smile.amazon.com/Black-Performance-Desktop-Hard-Drive/dp/B00FJRS6FU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429371028&sr=8-1&keywords=wd+black+1tb+hard+drive

I try to buy hardware from them as often as possible, since, if you have an issue, returning an item couldn't be much easier.

4TB WD Elements 3.0 is only $114.99 on Newegg Flash until tomorrow. Credit goes to the person who posted the hard drive topic, to which the console dumbasses replied "Really? A hard drive deal in the video game section?"

Code:
http://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16822236807?icid=WP_6_04152015

bread's done
Back