Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, the leading brand name TUF, EVGA, etc... before the NVIDIA 3070 Ti part... I'm getting that that doesn't really matter?
It matters quite a bit. Each vendor will have different cooling solutions, customer service, warranty support. They range from best (evga) to worst (zotac and such). Both of the options I linked are on the favorable side of the spectrum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang.... just got steam deck email.... I had the 512 reserved... if it was he 400$ model I'd get it, but now I'm thinking for 650 I should just cancel and use that toward a desktop build. Bummed I can't downgrade.

Having to drop more than a series x to get it kills it for me.
Didn't you relaize how much the cost was when you pre-ordered? The Steam Deck isn't aiming towards Desktop crowd and don't think fair to compare it to the new consoles. I know for my money I could get a better Desktop, I am a sucker for the new bright and shiny thing (and portability).

Also when did you place your order? Trying to figure out when I can expect my own e-mail?

Didn't you relaize how much the cost was when you pre-ordered? The Steam Deck isn't aiming towards Desktop crowd and don't think fair to compare it to the new consoles. I know for my money I could get a better Desktop, I am a sucker for the new bright and shiny thing (and portability).

Also when did you place your order? Trying to figure out when I can expect my own e-mail?
I'm the same, 'sucker for the new bright and shiny', but excitement has worn down on me. Initially I really wanted the 650 version, not so much now. I think I ordered the day it went live.

I got my email an hour ago for the 64gb version - ordered on the afternoon of the release day when i could finally get the site to work. I probably wouldn't have gotten one at this price either, but I had a ton of gamestop credit to pay for it and wanted something portable. I thought about an OLED switch but i figure with the deck i've already got 100s of games i can play and don't need to buy into yet another ecosystem.

All sites talk up the NVVIDIA 3060 Ti , is that my best option for a decent pc for 1080p 60fps target on most games? Not trying to go expensive, but also don't want crap.

This is one site I'm looking at:

https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-pc-build-guide/

My problem is being new, and during shortages, I need to research what a normal aka decent price is for stuff.

The 3060 Ti link is an 800$ reseller....
Oh good God no... $800 is insane for a 3060TI. If you can, wait until the summer. Prices are dropping at a good pace now every day. There is a glut on the market because coin mining has stalled and for most the economy is horrible. MSRP on a 3060ti is $400. New higher end cards (x70 level and up) are due later this year, possibly late summer or early fall.

For 1080p 60fps in most games, 3060 is fine or an AMD RX 6600. Right now mid range is about $330-500, AMD being the cheaper better price/perf. Nvidia is more in demand so prices are still higher than they should be. Entry level is $200-350, and those cards aren't really worth it, namely the amd 6500xt and nvidia rtx 3050.

Techspot (Hardware Unboxed on youtube) has some good info here on gpu prices, also check out their charts on game performance:

https://www.techspot.com/article/2452-gpu-pricing-2022-update/

Go here for spec comparisons and info:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/

Price tracking on most components and some decent build guides at PCpartpicker

https://pcpartpicker.com/

The guy only wants 1080p 60fps, the 3070 Ti is overkill for that. A 3060 or 3060 Ti would be fine. Only go higher if you might upgrade to a monitor with higher resolution and/or frequency down the road

Thanks for explaining the reasoning!  Glad all of you noticed I was just being curious and not snarky.  I ordered my on July 16th (think that was the first day....still waiting though).  My thing was that I really do not have the space for a desktop and a laptop to play games is super expensive.  Actually looking forward to playing some of my games that I have on Steam again.

3060 Ti is where they are gouging mainstream customers the hardest right now .  Like Tibor said, that's supposed to be a $400 card.

Personally I would either be trying to get a 3080 / 3070 Ti.   Or else whatever is priced as the most recent GTX 1060 / 1050 Ti equivalent these days on the budget end.   I believe that's the 3050 Ti which isn't out quite yet, that you should be able to get for sub < $300.

The worst thing you can do is spend a bunch of money and not get much value going forward.   But the RTX 3050 should be ideal for 1080p 60fps.  Unfortunately, the budget solution is ~$300 now. 

The guy only wants 1080p 60fps, the 3070 Ti is overkill for that. A 3060 or 3060 Ti would be fine. Only go higher if you might upgrade to a monitor with higher resolution and/or frequency down the road
He's already stated on multiple occasions the he already has a 1440p monitor. That's why we're giving that advice.

There's also an evga 3050 that's $250 direct from evga if he'd rather go cheap. Current 3060 / 3060ti prices are not good. The best I've seen is $410 from MC for the TUF 3060 12gb and that's maybe 20% better than the $250 3050.

I guess that we are just strawmanning with imaginary prices now. 

We play this dumb game every GPU cycle.  "You should get the budget midrange for $400/$500!".  Well yeah, no shit.  Too bad it doesn't exist.  Or else everyone would buy that one. 

The 3060 Ti is ~$650 folks.  That's like the worst piece of advice you could give someone.

giphy.gif

I’m just hoping my Steam deck email comes in prior to June. I think I was able to order around 15 minutes after it went live … and it was annoying because I was ready and waiting when it went live. Probably because I’m purely on Wi-Fi and never seem to be fast enough to avoid backups for preorders.

Honestly I don't think I'd get much use out of the steam deck due to the poor battery life. Seems worse than the original switch, which I also rarely play in handheld mode due to the shitty battery life. I've been thinking of getting an OLED switch just because the battery life is improved so much compared to the OG. I know the steam deck is really versatile but I feel like in real life usage it probably won't be used much portably aside from short 1-2 hour sessions.

Honestly I don't think I'd get much use out of the steam deck due to the poor battery life. Seems worse than the original switch, which I also rarely play in handheld mode due to the shitty battery life. I've been thinking of getting an OLED switch just because the battery life is improved so much compared to the OG.
I've owned all the devices your mention, and yes the usage time of the deck is certainly less than the 2017 nsw. But it's to be expected as the workload of the nsw is much lighter. So it's difficult to say it's inferior, just different. For me I enjoy owning both as they let me access different existing libraries.

I've owned all the devices your mention, and yes the usage time of the deck is certainly less than the 2017 nsw. But it's to be expected as the workload of the nsw is much lighter. So it's difficult to say it's inferior, just different. For me I enjoy owning both as they let me access different existing libraries.
For my part, battery life is a huge factor in making a handheld worth my time, so I’d certainly call the Deck inferior in that regard.

That said, since the Deck and the Switch are both too large and awkward to be true portables, neither of them rates particularly high in my book in their most current iterations.

For my part, battery life is a huge factor in making a handheld worth my time, so I’d certainly call the Deck inferior in that regard.

That said, since the Deck and the Switch are both too large and awkward to be true portables, neither of them rates particularly high in my book in their most current iterations.
Yeah, the switch is a bit awkward to hold after a few hours, at least for me. It's big, but the steam deck is massive lol. I think the switch lite is the best "mobile" handheld currently, but then you sacrifice battery life. Surprised Nintendo hasn't made an OLED switch lite with the same battery life as the v2/oled models

I guess what i mean is that if you spec a game &amp; system settings to run and draw power on the level of a nsw game, then the battery life comparison is much closer. i get 4-5 hrs with a VN on deck. But mostly I just don't have those overlaps in my libraries. I generally refuse to buy poorly running nsw games unless i have absolutely no other option (looking at you, xenoblade)

Edit: All lites have the battery improvements of the v2 nsw consoles. But yes, the deck is massive, no question there.

I guess what i mean is that if you spec a game &amp; system settings to run and draw power on the level of a nsw game, then the battery life comparison is much closer. i get 4-5 hrs with a VN on deck. But mostly I just don't have those overlaps in my libraries. I generally refuse to buy poorly running nsw games unless i have absolutely no other option (looking at you, xenoblade)

Edit: All lites have the battery improvements of the v2 nsw consoles. But yes, the deck is massive, no question there.
The battery life on the lite is improved because of the more efficient chip, but the battery is bigger in the regular V2/OLED Switch so they last longer compared to the lite

Yeah, the switch is a bit awkward to hold after a few hours, at least for me. It's big, but the steam deck is massive lol. I think the switch lite is the best "mobile" handheld currently, but then you sacrifice battery life. Surprised Nintendo hasn't made an OLED switch lite with the same battery life as the v2/oled models
If it’s too big or heavy to fit comfortably in a pocket, it’s too big to be a good portable. I don’t wanna have to carry a bag just for the system, but I want to be able to take a portable system with me anywhere. To me, even the 3DS and PSP were pushing it a bit, anything larger doesn’t really qualify.

Not saying I can’t see appeal to something like the Switch or Deck, but it’d be purely as an around the house handheld—and again, the Deck’s battery is a bit limited for that.

Yeah that's what my handhelds are - for use in rooms i dont have gaming equipment. Also hotel / hospital rooms on uncommon occasion.

Tonight my deck just got an update to Proton Experimental.. And with it i can finally launch the chrono cross remaster. Now to start Radical Dreamers for the first time!

Officially passing on my steam deck and starting my pc build. Ordered a case, now to decide between the 3060 Ti and 3070 Ti that every article seem to point me to...

Officially passing on my steam deck and starting my pc build. Ordered a case, now to decide between the 3060 Ti and 3070 Ti that every article seem to point me to...
You're not concerned with the 4000 series releasing soon?

I am still waiting for my Deck. It's my last big purchase planned for a long time since I got a PS5 and I doubt I will replace my 2080 for another two years.

I'm personally not that concerned about the 40 series.  In fact, I'm hoping a bunch of other people want the 40s so there'll be more 30 series left.

You're not concerned with the 4000 series releasing soon?

I am still waiting for my Deck. It's my last big purchase planned for a long time since I got a PS5 and I doubt I will replace my 2080 for another two years.
Not really concerned about the 4000 series, as I'm building my first and not trying to go beast mode. Can always change it years down the road, and I'm assuming the 3000 series will still be supported. It all comes down to do I find an acceptable price on a 3060 before the 4000 release.

Sonic Origins stuff:

Notes:

-&gt; Sonic Origins is a Remaster of Sonic 1, 2, 3 &amp; Knuckles; and Sonic CD.

-&gt; This is coming in June.

-&gt; There are new Game Modes in these new remasters.

-&gt; Animations, game modes &amp; more are locked behind DLC's - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonic-origins-locks-modes-character-animations-and-more-behind-dlc/

-&gt; PC version's system requirements - https://wccftech.com/sonic-origins-confirmed-to-have-denuvo-drm-on-pc-system-requirements-revealed/

-&gt; PC version uses Denuvo (see above and the Steam Page).

-&gt; Pre-Order Chart for all the versions of this game:

Screen_Shot_2022_04_20_at_9.53.30_AM.png
Was excited for a relatively unneeded re-release until I learned about the locked behind DLC content AND Denuvo DRM.

Sega really are geniuses for milking their franchises.

Play some romhacks instead, ya'll.

I feel weird seeing all these reactions to this collection, because I disagree with all of them. Like, yes, the collection is too expensive at $40, but beyond that:

The DLC seems like a total non-issue to me, since it's all pointless out-of-game content as near as I can tell? Like, character animations for some non-game mode? What the fuck ever, I'll take fifty horse armor sets first, please. Also it's like $5 not on sale.

It's not just some random re-release, it's remakes from Christian Whitehead (along with a team), the guy behind the amazing mobile remakes and Sonic Mania, for the first time on any non-mobile system (and for the first time ever for Sonic 3 & Knuckles). We're talking the only Sonic releases to date that rival the amazing 3D Classics versions from M2, only this time on PCs and actual consoles—these are going to be the definitive ways to play these games, with the possible exception of AIR but that's a whole nother can of unofficial worms. This is absolutely worth getting excited about, after it's comfortably dropped to at least 50% off anyway.

Okay, yes, Denuvo sucks balls. No extra comments here.

Most of the people shitting on Sonic Origins aren't even Sonic fans. They're just jumping on the social media hate bandwagon.

My only concern is the S3&K music. Hopefully it's all there, even if it's behind the DLC. Worse case scenario, mods will put it back in.

Shout out to companies willing to do actually ports/remakes instead of rom collections. Nightdive and Natsume are noteworthy mentions as well. I hope Sega consider venturing outside Sonic to do other games like Ristar, or for the love of fuck Saturn games.

I feel weird seeing all these reactions to this collection, because I disagree with all of them. Like, yes, the collection is too expensive at $40, but beyond that:The DLC seems like a total non-issue to me, since it's all pointless out-of-game content as near as I can tell?
There seems to be a hard mode that's DLC only but nothing about this package says day 1 purchase.

Anyhow, long time since I posted about it but I ended up getting a new nouse after realizing I was having mouse issues. I ended up getting a Razer Basilisk V3. Not the brand I really want to deal with but it has a big large button on the inside of the mouse that I really wanted. Also replaced the mat/pad I had because it was causing wrist/hand issues. (The wrist rest of all things was the issue.)

With the new setup I've gotten father in this league of Path of Exile than before (red maps, lvl 85)... but its obviously I'll never make it through all the challenges so I'm wonder if I'll just play standard from here on out.

Was excited for a relatively unneeded re-release until I learned about the locked behind DLC content AND Denuvo DRM.

Sega really are geniuses for milking their franchises.

Play some romhacks instead, ya'll.
For now, I'll stick to my copies of these Sega games from that MegaDrive Collection from AmazonTony (DRM-FREE copies) and also all of those ones from Steam and Sonic CD on Steam.

I'll probably get this expensive Sonic Origins Collection Complete Edition when it's dirt-cheap, way down the line - and hopefully Denuvo will be gone by then too.

EDIT: All these games w/ charts for like numerous Editions like Sonic Origins, Deus Ex HR, Deus Ex MD, many Ubi games in recent years - they're annoying. Sure, I'll look at the chart and figure out what's what &amp; worthwhile - but it's still annoying. It's pretty simple to me: I just usually try to go Complete way later when it's much cheaper, in most instances.

Not really concerned about the 4000 series, as I'm building my first and not trying to go beast mode. Can always change it years down the road, and I'm assuming the 3000 series will still be supported. It all comes down to do I find an acceptable price on a 3060 before the 4000 release.
If you wanted to pivot to a prebuilt this one isn't awful.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/msi-codex-zs-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-r7-5700g-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-500gb-ssd-black-black/6489034.p?ref=8575135&amp;loc=d9d47518c33511eca9d53ebc8cc252b30INT&amp;acampID=d9d47518c33511eca9d53ebc8cc252b30INT&amp;skuId=6489034

Yeah that power supply would need to go for sure. Not a good one. The case looks god ugly too, but that's more of a personal opinion. The other stuff looks aight.

These games are what, 25-30 years old and have been re-released dozens of times? I don't care how much someone likes Sonic. Having a literal Ubisoft-esque chart for the different version bonuses, as well as Denuvo, all for $40+, is pretty inexcusable. It deserves the criticism its getting

If anyone chooses to sell their steamdeck at a reasonable price, please let me know.
LOLolOlOLollololoOoLOlolaOLOlololLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL....

Thank you. Today, and really this whole month, has been shitty. I needed this.

Edit: Just to be clear, I looked for some sort of "laughed until I shit myself" gif, but the returns from google were just too much for my delicate tum-tum.

If anyone chooses to sell their steamdeck at a reasonable price, please let me know.
Valve hasn't even finished shipping the first day of pre-orders. I don't even think they've fulfilled all orders in the first few hours of reserves. You won't find one at a reasonable price until next year or maybe even later than that. Your best bet is to reserve one from Valve since I think if you do it now you can still get an estimated date of "after Q3"

That is actually a decent deal. Market price wise, the 3060ti is $600 right now and adding up all the other components it is probably less that what you would pay for the parts themselves. The ram is only ddr4 3000 and the 550w power supply is a bit weak but mostly from a upgrade perspective in the future. For that hardware it is fine.

Valve hasn't even finished shipping the first day of pre-orders. I don't even think they've fulfilled all orders in the first few hours of reserves. You won't find one at a reasonable price until next year or maybe even later than that. Your best bet is to reserve one from Valve since I think if you do it now you can still get an estimated date of "after Q3"
Yeah, I have a pre-ordered steamdeck but not till Q3. I was in the hospital on a ventilator from covid pneumonia when pre-orders went live. Didn't get to reserve one until October. It was a shot in the dark, I expected some asshole remarks here. Thank you for being civil.

Yeah, I have a pre-ordered steamdeck but not till Q2. I was in the hospital on a ventilator from covid pneumonia when pre-orders went live. Didn't get to reserve one until October. It was a shot in the dark, I expected some asshole remarks here. Thank you for being civil.
I kept trying to order one the second reserves went live, but I couldn't get an order in until a few hours later. I'm stuck with a Q3 order lol. I'm probably going to pass on it though due to the poor battery life. I think if I had went for a cheaper model I might have went through with it.. but I have a feeling the steam deck 2 will be a massive improvement and the first steam deck is more like valves version of a consumer prototype. IMO it was used to test demand and there are still issues to sort out with the software and hardware so it makes more sense to just wait for the 2nd version. Plus I'm paranoid I'll get a unit that has something dumb wrong with it like loud fans which appear to be common

I kept trying to order one the second reserves went live, but I couldn't get an order in until a few hours later. I'm stuck with a Q3 order lol. I'm probably going to pass on it though due to the poor battery life. I think if I had went for a cheaper model I might have went through with it.. but I have a feeling the steam deck 2 will be a massive improvement and the first steam deck is more like valves version of a consumer prototype. IMO it was used to test demand and there are still issues to sort out with the software and hardware so it makes more sense to just wait for the 2nd version. Plus I'm paranoid I'll get a unit that has something dumb wrong with it like loud fans which appear to be common
Youre probably right but I still would like one and if they do end up making a second one, ill grab that one too. Hand the first one down to my son.

bread's done
Back