Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The original Steam Deck will continue to receive updates until hitting version 1.6, at which point Valve will release the newer Steam Deck GO. Each will have its own dedicated community that claims their preferred device is superior to the other.

I remain disappointed that the Amy Hennig Uncharteds, aka the good ones, have not been announced. I'm going to have trouble supporting Neil Druckmann, even on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
No e-mail today...and I was patient this time (it's almost 3pm here).  Enjoy they keys!

El Matador (owner, though this bundle)

H7EEY-WZZGA-M2FAJ

Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light (already own)

ZDXI3-C487T-HL0DZ

Yono and the Celestrial Elephants (already own)

DQGDP-TW63Z-QV4YM

Spirit Hunter: Death Mark (not interested, I am a scaredy cat, it is a $50 game currently)

ANDMP-Z32DR-TLEBR

Learn Japanese to Survive: Kanji Combat (not interested)

VHPQL-B2P5P-4HENY

Stalingrad (second time got this key)

NTWZV-GQM2H-BYZKP

Fantasy Wars (already own)

I26GG-IWQD7-JF8IL

Are heatsinks on ssd's for a desktop necessary? Looking at a WD black 1tb for 105 vs w/ heatsink for 170 both on sale right now
Also see some high end samsung on sale for 140 at bestbuy without heatsink

Are heatsinks on ssd's for a desktop necessary? Looking at a WD black 1tb for 105 vs w/ heatsink for 170 both on sale right now
Nope. They help prevent performance throttling due to thermals on some drives. Will vary by specific product.

There was a 2tb evo plus for ~160 on amz yesterday. That would be my recommendation if its still live.

Short answer, no especially if they are pci-e 3.0 speed drives. The 4.0 drives (faster speeds) tend to run hot so it is probably a good idea to have them. That said, if your motherboard m.2 slot is fit in right near the cpu socket and the gpu's slot, it can get hot in there and you want some air flow over that area if possible. Just something to keep an eye on temp wise in windows in some computer cases.

In my view, the 4.0 drives aren't worth the extra money for most people. If you're doing a lot of video editing or just writing and transferring a lot of data then it is worth it for the speed increase. For daily use and gaming, you're not going to notice the speed difference.

Edit: Ditto on that Samsung 2tb evo deal. I broke down and got one myself last week for $165.

The 4.0 drives aren't worth it on PC last I checked, because PC loads speeds on them weren't faster than 3.0 drives (yet), like they are on modern consoles designed around it.

My advice would be to get get a good SATA or PCIe 3.0 drive and no heatsink.

Real world performance between SATA and PCIe 3.0 is still relatively small, so it depends on cost / GB there.

Edit: If you work with big files, e.g. video editing, then skip the SATA, because there will be a bigger difference there.

Thanks for the good info as usual on here :)
Looks like the 2tb evo deal is gone for now. Don't see any coming up around 160. Will keep an eye out

Yeah deals will pop up here and there.  You could check the buildapcsales page on reddit.

Also I forgot to mention that many motherboards now come with one or more m.2 heatsinks already, so there's another reason not to pay extra for one preinstalled.  

Ok. So far I have a case and graphics card ordered. Trying to catch each piece on some kind of sale to not go to wild with spending. Will read up more on the motherboards I'm eyeing.

Ok. So far I have a case and graphics card ordered. Trying to catch each piece on some kind of sale to not go to wild with spending. Will read up more on the motherboards I'm eyeing.
Just something to keep in mind (although you probably already know) is your motherboard will dictate which cpu you use, so if you're shopping for discounts you might want to find the CPU first and let that lead you to your mobo.

That said, since the Deck and the Switch are both too large and awkward to be true portables, neither of them rates particularly high in my book in their most current iterations.
The Steam Deck is something like 10 times as massive as the Switch Lite, maybe they are both too big for your tastes, but we're hardly in the same ballpark here.

I do like some of the smaller Dingux-based portables.

Just something to keep in mind (although you probably already know) is your motherboard will dictate which cpu you use, so if you're shopping for discounts you might want to find the CPU first and let that lead you to your mobo.
Thanks. Something I read said it the other way around, but I thought it seemed backwards. Current thought is at minimum a Ryzen 5 5600x

Ryzen 5600x is what I used in my new build last year and it's had some pretty decent discounts lately. Keep in mind I believe the next generation of amd chips (I think coming out this year?) are supposed to have a new socket size which limits your boards future use.

Yeah, new chips are due from AMD and Intel later this year. New socket for AMD with AM5 and they will be DDR5 ram only.

Sonic Origins / Old Sonic Games

Sega will be delisting all of the OLD Sonic games on May 20th, before the $40 Sonic Origins Remaster comes out.

Sources:

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-bunch-of-old-sonic-games-will-be-delisted-when-the-dollar40-remaster-collection-releases/

- https://www.eurogamer.net/sega-delisting-standalone-versions-of-sonic-1-2-3-and-cd-ahead-of-sonic-origins-arrival

Notes:

- Sega will be delisting all of the OLD Sonic games, before the $40 Sonic Origins Remaster comes out.

- Old versions of Sonic 1 & 2; Sonic 3 & Knuckles; and Sonic CD will be delisted soon on Steam & Xbox Store.

- Delisting Date = May 20th.

- Old versions of Sonic sit on Steam for about $5 each normally, BTW.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812290/The_Elder_Scrolls_Arena/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812390/The_Elder_Scrolls_II_Daggerfall/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1873030/Wolfenstein_Enemy_Territory/

Arena, Daggerfall, and RTCW: Enemy Territory are free to play on steam now.

Can add to account via ArchieSteamFarm with

!addlicense asf 651626,651657,674041

or via your browser's javascript console

AddFreeLicense(651626);

AddFreeLicense(651657);

AddFreeLicense(674041);
Notes on Daggerfall, Arena, and RTCW ET on Steam:

-> Arena and Daggerfall on Steam about are both out-of-date and need updating.

-> RTCW ET is in better shape and is updated, but you still can do better & use mods like ET Legacy.

Notes on Arena:

-> Arena is version 1.00 on Steam, meanwhile v1.06 officially/Set-Up v1.07 are the newest.

-> Steam-version lacks some video cut-scenes & audio files from the CD version.

-> Version 1.06 was the last official version from Bethesda officially.

-> Arena Set-Up v1.07 (maintained by the community) can be grabbed over here.

-> Arena Set-Up v1.07 also has DosBox configured & all.

Notes on Daggerfall and its versions:

-> About Daggerfall: Steam Ed. - do be aware it's version 1.00 & not the newest one (v1.07 is newest official version).

-> Side note - someone maintains Daggerfall with their own patched version they call Daggerfall Set-Up (v2.17).

-> Daggerfall Set-Up v2.17 already includes CompUSA Extra Content & DosBox v. 074.3.

-> Also, DF Set-Up v 2.17 also has unofficial fixes & quests and other optional stuff you can also install at Install-Time.

-> Newest Daggerfall versions (which are Freeware these days) can be found over there - Click me.

-> And that this Steam Version also does NOT work w/ Daggerfall: Unity Port.

-> Steam Guide over here on how to replace Steam-version w/ Newer Version & also update it to Daggerfall: Unity.

Notes on RTCW: ET:

-> Check for PC Gaming Wiki or Steam Forums on modding, whether doing it "as is" or with ET Legacy.

-> If you're trying to configure it w/ ET Legacy Mod (to run on modern systems properly) - see here on this Steam Guide.

Bethesda-to-Steam Transfer stuff.

I'll check when I go home to make sure it all went well w/ everything (or not), but...

-> I owned Rage 2 Deluxe on Bethesda Launcher & it only gave me Rage 2 Standard for Steam on the game/account transfer.

-> Will have to check if Rage DLC's transferred over (or not) in-game , since some people on Rage 2 Steam forums are saying they have *that* issue where it did not transfer properly.

-> EDIT for this line here - Rage 2 Deluxe Edition's extra content carried over & is listed IN-GAME.

-> Arx Fatalis from Beth to Steam transferred to Steam.

-> Doom Eternal Deluxe from Beth to Steam transferred, giving me Base-Game & The Two Ancient Gods DLC's.

-> Will have to do Doom Eternal saves sync when I get home, as the saves are on my Good Desktop PC.

-> Already had Quake 1, 2, 3 on Beth and Steam...so that did nothing for me on the Steam transfer.

-> I also had 110 Atoms from Fallout 76 (never played it on Beth Store & don't own it there, but played it over on PC Game Pass).

EDIT - From Steam and GOG, looks like some are saying their Rage 2 Deluxe stuff shows in-game via your Bethesda Account on the Steam-version. Will check later.

EDIT 2 - Yup, from the Beth-to-Steam transfers: Rage 2 Deluxe's extra content/DLC's will show-up on the Steam-version directly in-game while it's tied to your Bethesda Account. It's all good.

Hm that's a fine board, I own a wifi version of that.  But I think $209 is overpriced.  (I bought mine open box for $88). If you're going to pay that much you might as well get something superior that sometimes hits $199.  Also an 850w psu is overkill for your system if you're not already aware, but maybe you just found a good deal or want to future proof in the respect.

Hm that's a fine board, I own a wifi version of that. But I think $209 is overpriced. If you're going to pay that much you might as well get something superior that sometimes hits $199. Also an 850w psu is overkill for your system if you're not already aware, but maybe you just found a good deal or want to future proof in the respect.
I like the look of that msi you linked. Thanks. Will it support the 5000 series Ryzen? don't see it mentioned in the details.

I thought the 850 might be overkill, but saw it on sale in a package for 127 at bestbuy. What should I go down to?

I like the look of that msi you linked. Thanks.

I thought the 850 might be overkill, but saw it on sale in a package for 127 at bestbuy. What should I go down to?
If I were building with those components, I would look for something 500-650w gold efficiency. Branding doesn't mean much for psu's anymore (evga, corsair, etc) so you have to look for a model actually made by a good manufacturer (superflower, seasonic, fsp, etc.) Hopefully you didn't pick the 850w gigabyte that explodes.

Parts arriving for my pc build. :) Still trying to decide motherboard. Is the Asus ROG B550-F wifi a good choice?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088VSTS9H/?coliid=I1346DJ0QDT02H&colid=3T99EXJDJP8EA&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Just wondering about user friendly and if the 209 is a good price point. Only issue I've seen complained about is wifi setup so far.

I'll be running a Ryzen 5600x, 3060 Ti , and 850x psu, plus memory and ssd of course
That is the same board I have except I went for the version without wifi since I'm wired straight into my modem. The bios is pretty user friendly, and I had no issues connecting and setting everything up on it although it is a little pricier than what I paid for it a year ago.

The psu syntax linked is the psu I'm using in my build and its worked great, no ragrets. Its even around $20 cheaper than what I spent on it, I always rather go a little overkill high on psu wattage than too low. I personally wouldn't do anything below 750, the 3060ti recommended psu wattage is 650 so I'd personally settle for something in the 750 - 900 range but it probably isn't necessary.

Well another Thursday and no e-mail for my Steam Deck.  Honestly wondering if they are sending e-mails out Monday and Thursday or if it is just Monday's n now?

Actual Text Converastion:

Son: Any word on steam deck?

Me: Yes it's coming tomorrow.  Delivered by a silver maiden on a unicorn, gift wrapped in gold... You a fool? WOULD I KEEP THAT A SECRET???

Son: Lol, true you would tell anyone who'd listen

(he don't know me...I tell random people when I don't receive an email ! ) :grouphug:

Enjoy the keys!

(I kept: Night of the Rabbit / Fire: Ungh's Quest )

Those Who Remain (too scary!)

4PZYX-VB6FL-72L4A

The Whispered World Special Edition (already own)

V7XXL-PIX2C-8NFA7

Hexus (puzzle game)

P9709-G5D30-5WII0

Bounty Train (sim, looks interesting, not my style)

NYL7P-7IINM-96INR

Good-Bye Deponia (never got into this series)

WE9DL-NT5FN-V7KYG

Ascension to the Throne (not my style)

ZJGQ8-2FXWF-582EK

Caravan (Oregon Trail with Arabian paintjob?)

XIKDI-86ZPK-LLG6J

Virgo Versus the Zodiac (description reads "unforgiving timed actions turn-based JRPG"..no thanks)

GJ7E2-FQQ9L-NLM0G

Yeah the 970 evo+ and the regular sn750 are high quality pci-e 3.0 drives. The sn750 SE is significantly worse. Bf 2042 cant hold much value either at this point.

Well another Thursday and no e-mail for my Steam Deck. Honestly wondering if they are sending e-mails out Monday and Thursday or if it is just Monday's n now?
My email came last thursday, but I passed since I'm building my first pc... which of course went more expensive then I planned. But still fun to learn.

bread's done
Back