Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is an error. In the firefox header it says "save 75% on Blackguards 2 and even steamdb and ITAS says its 75% off.
It's not. The 75% off applies to the franchise bundle.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/64046/

But due to the magic of poor coding, you get the bundle discount in the front page and the store page title instead of the actual one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuuvem started checking paypal accounts for regional info a few days ago and has now started blacklisting VPN sites, so I guess the good times are coming to an end.

Some stuff like Batman Arkham Knight are still available to be sold internationally, but I don't know for how long.
In a paranoid fit that I'll want it later I went ahead and bought Arkham Knight. Thanks for the heads up. 8-[

The Nuuvem pre-order for Batman Arkham Knight will come with the Harley Quinn bonus that Steam is advertising. I think this was updated over the weekend.

Get this game during the pre-sale and play as Harley Quinn

Note: The bonus pre-order content is granted only to approved payments before the launch

GetGames loses more money over their ridiculous minimum purchase amount when paying with PayPal than any other reason. Other than their godawful prices.
They're just following standard industry practices of minimum payment for PayPal.

The couple times I was going to buy from them, I was halted for not meeting the PayPal minimum. #FudgeThat

The Nuuvem pre-order for Batman Arkham Knight will come with the Harley Quinn bonus that Steam is advertising. I think this was updated over the weekend.
I'll just wait a year later when it's 75% off and comes with everything like what I've done with all the previous Batman games. :p

Mine's been on the floor since after college, I think. I don't have the desk space anymore, anyway. But yeah, I didn't even think of that; on top of the desk is the only way bottom USB would make sense.
wouldn't it be better if you put you pc on a desk, since you have a baby, it doubt a baby will able to reach the pc, if the desk it is high enough

Losers.

You guys are all talking about gaming deals yet I've just ordered a Royale with cheese.

Europe is exactly like they say it is.

I'm livin' the dream.

:whee:

PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 Graphics Card VCGGTX9704XPB $296.99 reference card PNY NVIDIA at amazon

GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card reference card $291.61

http://www.walmart.com/ip/40438691

PNY Optima SSD7SC240GOPT-RB 2.5" 240GB ssd $79.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178720
newegg also has tbe pny 970 for 10% off making it 297 there. Looks like all PNY cards on newegg are 10% off.
Any of you had experience with PNY cards? Some consider them slightly inferior to the other manufacturers hence the cheaper price on other PC hardware forums and I've always wondered why they're almost always on sale.

I did buy a used 9800 a few years ago from a local exchange and it died in almost two years. Most of the video cards I've gone through have survived even after I upgrade and either stow em away for spares or hand em down to family members - because it pays to build computers.

Any of you had experience with PNY cards? Some consider them slightly inferior to the other manufacturers hence the cheaper price on other PC hardware forums and I've always wondered why they're almost always on sale.

I did buy a used 9800 a few years ago from a local exchange and it died in almost two years. Most of the video cards I've gone through have survived even after I upgrade and either stow em away for spares or hand em down to family members - because it pays to build computers.
the reference cards are usually meant for sli, aside from xfx, pny also have limited lifetime warranty, if you register within 30 days of purchase through their website

PNY Cards have a terrible reputation on SlickDeals. I wouldn't touch one myself. (Though I'm happy to pay a little more for a nice quiet card, like an ASUS DirectCU II card.)

There's still not an Arkham Origins GOTY edition...

...though if you're not counting that as a Batman game, i can understand.
lol, I don't understand why that game got so much hate. It's really not a bad game. Oh, and I got that for 75% off WITH the season pass, so it's kinda like a GOTY version....right? ;p

lol, I don't understand why that game got so much hate. It's really not a bad game. Oh, and I got that for 75% off WITH the season pass, so it's kinda like a GOTY version....right? ;p
Yeah, but not the $7.50 price point that AC GOTY hit one year after release. Also the reused assets... It probably makes more of a difference if you NG+'d AC.

Yeah, it would, but I don't have a desk that big. Our apartment is tiny and space is super limited. Sigh...
I have a huge 3 foot x 6 foot desk... my ATX tower lives on the floor under it. I need my desk-top area for monitors, speakers, laptops, keyboards, workspace, & kitty.

Aargh, strong temptation to FakeyBro DiRT Rally. (Early Access) /r/simracing

Here's a nice EuroGamer article on DiRT Rally.

Dirt Rally could well be Codemasters' first real sim
Tentative excitement. Haven't enjoyed a DiRT title since the first one under that branding. Always felt more like cart racers to me. The WRC games haven't been doing it for me either.

Bought a PNY 460 off the clearance racks at Best Buy 3-4 years ago. No problems for me, just swapped it out 2 weeks ago, and now it's headed to a friends house to upgrade his son's 220 (which I also handed down to him). Kid's gonna love the 970 I give him in 2019.

PNYs tend to be the blower style, which aren't as popular for gaming rigs. My 460 never had temp issues though, and you probably aren't going to have that problem with the 970s anyway. Pretty sure they have shitty customer service, but that's a YMMV situation.

Tentative excitement. Haven't enjoyed a DiRT title since the first one under that branding. Always felt more like cart racers to me. The WRC games haven't been doing it for me either.

Bought a PNY 460 off the clearance racks at Best Buy 3-4 years ago. No problems for me, just swapped it out 2 weeks ago, and now it's headed to a friends house to upgrade his son's 220 (which I also handed down to him). Kid's gonna love the 970 I give him in 2019.

PNYs tend to be the blower style, which aren't as popular for gaming rigs. My 460 never had temp issues though, and you probably aren't going to have that problem with the 970s anyway. Pretty sure they have shitty customer service, but that's a YMMV situation.
asus also has shitty customer service, evga is only brand with good customer service, when it comes to gpu cards.

I picked up a PNY card back in 2008 or so when I built my computer - it lasted for a while, but, and the replacement card that PNY shipped under warranty (GTX 250 I think) both have the same problem. I have to underclock them, or they overheat.

PNY Cards have a terrible reputation on SlickDeals. I wouldn't touch one myself. (Though I'm happy to pay a little more for a nice quiet card, like an ASUS DirectCU II card.)

I picked up a PNY card back in 2008 or so when I built my computer - it lasted for a while, but, and the replacement card that PNY shipped under warranty (GTX 250 I think) both have the same problem. I have to underclock them, or they overheat.
Still seems like I'm justified in steering clear from the PNY ones then, thanks.

And Indef...I bought an MSI Twin Frozr GTX770 two months before the 970 came out - I knew I should have waited...at least I take comfort that it's not a whole lot faster but still...

photo-30081.jpg

Still seems like I'm justified in steering clear from the PNY ones then, thanks.

And Indef...I bought an MSI Twin Frozr GTX770 two months before the 970 came out - I knew I should have waited...at least I take comfort that it's not a whole lot faster but still...
Nah, you shouldn't take comfort. It's a big jump. I'm using a GTX 780 and I still want the 970 even though it's a small bump in performance. :(

So... for those of you desperately wondering why Chaos Ride was removed from Steam, here's your answer straight from the dev:

Ah, oops, in retrospect I should have made an announcement or something.

I took the game off the store because of all the negative reviews it was getting. It's no secret that Steam has been gaining a reputation for becoming filled with bad indie games, and I didn't want to be part of the problem.

The game is still technically on Steam, just not listed on the store. So if you bought a code from the DailyIndieGame bundle, it should still be redeemable. Reply to this thread if it isn't and I'll sort something out.

For those of you that don't check the Keys Added group, you can now get a steam key for The Curse of Nordic Cove by emailing [email protected] with proof of purchase

It was in Indie Royale Debut 5 and Indie Royale Nudge bundle. It was also free on Amazon a couple years ago, and yes you can get a steam key for your Amazon purchase if you email the dev proof of purchase.

bread's done
Back