Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
My 9750 3GB card still works well enough for my purposes.  I'm just waiting on today's pricey cards to come down.  I don't think going to a new card will be enough of an upgrade for me to justify the three hundred bucks (or two hundred and change, whatever).

$16 for both of the new Wolf games seems pretty good to me. I love FPS games and these won't fall too far down the backlog queue.

Here's my crappy "bonus" key:

Survivor of the GMG sale Squad

B8VP6-4X08V-Z5IYB

My 9750 3GB card still works well enough for my purposes. I'm just waiting on today's pricey cards to come down. I don't think going to a new card will be enough of an upgrade for me to justify the three hundred bucks (or two hundred and change, whatever).
If you have 3GB already & just upgraded not too long ago - yeah, I don't see the point in upgrading either. I usually only do upgrades when things just ain't cutting it anymore.

When I upgrade, I usually take major leaps + bounds from what I had. And certainly, my 4GB 960 leap was a major one from 1GB VRAM 560 Ti.

EDIT:

You lucky americans have good glitches like $200 GTX 980's.

Nobody in Finland would honor those, so always have to pay real price.
Well, if Microcenter didn't pull the plug on that deal online - I would've ordered online for pick-up, drove the distance to Cambridge, bought that & returned my 960.

But, that didn't happen. I'm not Max in Life Is Strange; I don't have Rewinding TIme super-powers.

C'est la vie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post Mortem Blink Bundle sent me an email with my Steam Codes...you will be missed....you were similar to a BundleStars bundle except with tiers.

Alien Zombie Megadeath: 2KB0D-ZP7HR-HB2GW

Zafehouse: Diaries: V4DER-6ARXQ-8W929

I like that you like your mistake.
My so-called "mistake" (4GB 960 w/ 128-bit bus), as you so happen to like to call it - runs all the games I've been wanting to play at Very High to Ultra at 1080p (TEW, AC Unity, Watch Dogs, Batman AK PC, etc).

Certainly, it's running games a lot better than my aging 1GB VRAM GF 560 Ti 256-bit card was doing.

I'm happy with my decision. I took a gamble on it (b/c I still wasn't happy w/ only 128-bit bus) + it worked out better than I ever expected (namely b/c of the 4GB VRAM buffer looks to have done wonders here).

If I wasn't happy w/ it, I would've got rid of the card.

[quote name="pasports31" post="12801587" timestamp="1436892450"]im happy to play the 20 or so other high quality rpgs in my backlog until this is under 10 bucks[/quote]
Waiting for Derpons Age: Herpaiquision to show up at Origin "On the house"

If you're going for a NVidia 960 - forget the 2GB option! Instead just aim for the 4GB 960. And catch that 4GB 960 in a sale, when it's cheaper, racked-up w/ Gift Cards, and/or something along that sort.

Let's face it - 2GB 960 likely won't be cutting it anymore for anything newer, aiming for high-end cards, multi-platformed (especially if AAA - since we PC gamers often seem to be an after-thought and b/c consoles pushed up higher minimum + recommended requirements), and/or being poorly optimized (i.e. see Batman: AK, AC: Unity, The Evil Within, Watch Dogs). So many games are eating up 2GB-4GB VRAM - especially at these higher settings and those I just listed in parenthesis - it ain't even funny.

4GB 960 seems to be handling anything I want to throw at it at 1080p w/ often Very High to Ultra settings in games.
I was joking...

NewEgg has a PC downloads sale with 2K, UbiSoft, Activision, and Square Enix deals.

Since CAG breaks links often, use this search in their search bar to bring those deals up:

"PPSSOVPVSLGLEM"

Check your e-mail, click the link in there to the sale, and scroll to the very bottom of the sale's web-page to see the promo code for an extra 15% off PC downloads titles in this sale.
Thanks for mentioning this. Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Bundle (with all the DLC, Item # "N82E16832133373") is finally on sale for 75% off, so with the voucher it comes to $10.62.

Thanks for mentioning this. Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark Bundle (with all the DLC, Item # "N82E16832133373") is finally on sale for 75% off, so with the voucher it comes to $10.62.
Thanks for posting this. Got War and Fall of Cybertron for $14.87. Platinum's new game made me wanna try these older ones out. I hear these are the good 2

My 9750 3GB card still works well enough for my purposes. I'm just waiting on today's pricey cards to come down. I don't think going to a new card will be enough of an upgrade for me to justify the three hundred bucks (or two hundred and change, whatever).
Nice, I have that same model and it's been great for the past few years. It's kind of starting to show it's age on some of the newer games, but everything works well for the time being. I'll probably look to upgrade if the Fall/Winter card sales look worthy. I might even be tempted if this Amazon "bigger than black friday" sale tomorrow has anything promising. :pray:

The BioShock inf Mac season pass on gmg works with Windows right? I'm 99% sure but don't want to ass ume anything. I think that is the cheapest I've seen. Thanks!

The BioShock inf Mac season pass on gmg works with Windows right? I'm 99% sure but don't want to ass ume anything. I think that is the cheapest I've seen. Thanks!
In Bioshock: Infinite - Season Pass' case - yes, it supports STEAMPLAY.

Mac + Windows for one Steam-key activation.

In general w/ any Steam-game, here's the low-down on what to look for...

Always check for STEAMPLAY Support on a game's Steam-Store page, if you are going to buy Steam-keys for a game (from 3rd party stores or from 1st party Steam-Store) + you want to know what versions you get for activating a Steam-key.

Look for the OS symbols on a game's Steam-Store page.

In this case, you would check the BioShock Infinite Season Pass' Steam-Store page here.

You lucky americans have good glitches like $200 GTX 980's.

Nobody in Finland would honor those, so always have to pay real price.
Doesn't that violate you EU given rights or some crap like that ya'll are always going on about when complaining about Valve.

I'm sure Angela Merkel could threaten to kick your country out of the EU if they don't get their shit together. I mean not honoring a price mistake, that's important shit. Priorities and all.

Origin

53JS-5SQU-ZNFD-X6WA-SUHZ

DKJS-XTUB-QEV8-A4RL-94D9

EUCC-FG8T-FG59-FUXT-F4CV

HPLL-TZN3-R6KL-RYFF-KHCZ

F4BB-LLHF-YXVW-JK6C-HYUN

Cool. I'll actually give that a shot. Some of my ME3 multiplayer pals moved onto Inquisition's multiplayer.
I tried soloing the MP...unsuccessfully. Definitely has a different feel in the early levels compared to ME3. Probably better once leveled up a bit.

thanks mysterD, i bought, and hated the original dragon n dragon age 2, when i played it. now i can play /try dragon age inqui for free, and see if i like it, before buying it later down the line.

I was unaware that Techland wasn't doing DI2. I liked SpecOps pretty well, so I guess Yager leaving the project is a bad sign, but what happened to Techland? Why aren't they developing the sequel? Because of Dying Light?

On a related note - I bit on the $20 Dragon's Age Inquisition deal at Best Buy. All that Deluxe stuff can be bought for $9.99 through Origin, but a lot of it looks cosmetic or unimportant.

Deep Silver's feeling the heat of the THQ curse.
I wonder what happened.

Did Yager miss milestone(s)?

Did Deep Silver and Yager have a difference on the direction of the way of the game should go?

I wonder what will happen.

Will this game's version get cancelled?

Or will it get passed off to another studio to work on it and finish it up?

Or will this project get restarted from scratch w/ someone else?

I was unaware that Techland wasn't doing DI2. I liked SpecOps pretty well, so I guess Yager leaving the project is a bad sign, but what happened to Techland? Why aren't they developing the sequel? Because of Dying Light?

On a related note - I bit on the $20 Dragon's Age Inquisition deal at Best Buy. All that Deluxe stuff can be bought for $9.99 through Origin, but a lot of it looks cosmetic or unimportant.
Techland went on to do Dying Light for WB.

Deep Silver wound-up w/ Dead Island IP - I don't know if Techland owed money so they lost the IP, sold the IP to them, or to get the IP had to release IP rights to Deep Silver, or what). Deep Silver went and got someone else to do Dead Island 2; they picked Yager. It was aiming to be a way less serious + a more fun type of zombie-smashing ARPG, using a real setting of California.

Dead Island 2 footage on IGN from GamesCom 2014:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DutlVwyEcr8

I wonder what happened.

This most likely. I doubt there was a difference in 'direction.' Yager doesn't strike me as a developer that can be choosy if they're doing Derp Island 2 after the 2derp4u 'opus' of SpecOps. Game has been in development for far too long and is already well behind Dying Light.

[quote name="MysterD" post="12802418" timestamp="1436910067"]I wonder what happened.
Did Deep Silver and Yager have a difference on the direction of the way of the game should go?

I wonder what will happen.
Will this game's version get cancelled?
Or will it get passed off to another studio to work on it and finish it up?
Or will this project get restarted from scratch w/ someone else?[/quote]
What is Yager's BTA?
What shoes are Yager wearing?
Did Yager have a 128bit bus on his video card?
What ARE Yager?

All these important questions lost.... Like toasters in the rain.

Techland went on to do Dying Light for WB.

Deep Silver wound-up w/ Dead Island IP - I don't know if Techland owed money so they lost the IP, sold the IP to them, or to get the IP had to release IP rights to Deep Silver, or what). Deep Silver went and got someone else to do Dead Island 2; they picked Yager. It was aiming to be a way less serious + a more fun type of zombie-smashing ARPG, using a real setting of California.
I'd guess either Deep Silver always owned the IP or some sort of deal that gave them the IP (Either the owed money thing, or part of the publishing/w,e, contract included them getting rights to the IP).

Be curious to know why Yager got pulled off the project.

I'm so anti-hyped on new releases that that's the first trailer I've seen of Dead Island 2, and it looked pretty good. Like, I would actually play it without installing the Hokuto no Ken mod.

OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU!

bread's done
Back