Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I am planning on building a new gaming rig around the time of Black Friday. Is there any new cool tech coming out before then, or can I start specing out my system now?
There's something new about every 3 months. Don't wait for the next thing or the build will never happen.

And for the double post.

Lord of the VRAM checking in. Any of you peasants get 8GB yet? Didn't think so.

All your VRAMs are belong to us.

^nerd points for getting this reference

Last edited by a moderator:
Unrelated to current topic, but if anyone has any experience with formal mediation/arbitration, please shoot me a PM or Steam message.

Thanks. :bouncy:

I didn't buy VH3 pretty much just 'cause I forgot about it.  No regrets since I never played 1 or 2.  I'll wait for Super Awesome Combo Redux Pack to be Humbled for $3.98 BTA price.

Beasts of Prey is GOTY for 2015 easily.  Worth a thousand VH3's and that's just a fact, Jack.

There's something new about every 3 months. Don't wait for the next thing or the build will never happen.
I've built every gaming rig I have owned for 15+ years. I'm not waiting for the next big thing, I am just asking if anything cool is coming out before now and then so I can plan accordingly.

I am planning on building a new gaming rig around the time of Black Friday. Is there any new cool tech coming out before then, or can I start specing out my system now?
Depends on your budget.

I'd start w/ this post:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/341407-steam-deals-mega-thread-all-pc-gaming-deals/?p=12867928

There's 2 key parts done for $340 (before tax + with Free Shipping) so far.

If you want more regular RAM - eh, you can always buy more later.

8GB VRAM R9 390 surely ain't going to go out of fashion anytime soon, if you ask me.

Buying that R9 390 card pretty much means you'd need a beefy PSU, though.

8GB VRAM R9 390 surely ain't going to go out of fashion anytime soon, if you ask me.
Buying that R9 390 card pretty much means you'd need a beefy PSU, though.
It may not go out of fashion, but those shit AMD drivers sure won't get any better. My budget is <2k, including a 4k monitor. The only things I wont need are a mouse and speakers.

All of these posts about Beats of Prey had me feeling like I missed out the early access survival game experience, but then I qucikly remembered I have Reign of Kings, the true CAG's choice. Have yet to install it or anything, but at least there is a DX11 patch coming in the future.

Edit: Meant Life is Feudal, but all of these games kind of blend together

It may not go out of fashion, but those shit AMD drivers sure won't get any better. My budget is <2k, including a 4k monitor. The only things I wont need are a mouse and speakers.
I've never had a AMD vid-card. Can't really speak on their drivers personally. I've never heard any glowing things about their drivers ever, over the years.

I'd be all over this deal for the 8GB VRAM R9 390 + the free 8 GB regular RAM, if I was building or majorly upgrading. I'd gamble & give them a shot, for that kind of money.

I can't speak for everyone, though. Some people don't like AMD + want to avoid them - and that's understandable. Especially if they've had bad experiences in the past w/ their stuff.

AMD drivers are fine. I've been using my 5870 for over 5 years without any driver issues. My Phenom II x4 965 has also been good over the years, although for a new rig an i5 is the better choice than an FX8350, as that cpu series is very old at this point.

Unless you're gaming on Linux, which is where Nvidia has a sizable driver advantage.

I wouldn't buy any of the high end AMD cards unless they had the "X" at the end of them. I read somewhere (Tom's Hardware maybe?) that the R9 390 has benchmarked less than cards that are $50~ cheaper. You'd probably be better off with the 290X than the 390.

I've used AMD cards for my last few purchases just because they were significantly cheaper than their Nvidia equivalents.  Only driver issue I remember was the other week when I went to play Ground Zeroes and I guess I would have had to roll back my driver one iteration to get it to launch.  Annoying, but not worth an extra $100 to play Ground Zeroes either.  I was too lazy to flip the driver though and just played something else instead, figuring I'll come back to it later.

Not that I give a shit which card anyone owns but the driver thing always seemed overstated to me.  Or maybe I'm just really lucky.  Guess it's all the same to me.

I've built every gaming rig I have owned for 15+ years. I'm not waiting for the next big thing, I am just asking if anything cool is coming out before now and then so I can plan accordingly.
Valve VR.

If you have planned to jump on that, then you can get an idea what do you need more or less.

Valve is using a Skylake i7 and GTX 980 for the HTC Vive demos at the moment.

So let's just say that curiosity got the better of me earlier today and I went to a Walmart for the first time this year.  :wall:

I didn't find ANY clearance PC deals. Not even an antivirus deal could be found among the rubble of old and used console games. I did however pickup a new garage floor squeegee for $8. Now I'll always have this squeegee to remind me of why I shouldn't visit Walmart any time soon. Thanks Foxhack.

I am sick, sleep deprived, and on lots of drugs. So, uh, yeah, totally on purpose...

someone pm wtf he's talking about
He thinks you purposely diverted the drama with hardware talk. Because if this thread lurves one thing it's some hardware talk.

As in if there's some shit you're sick of hearing about all you have to do is say 'So, how bout that VRAM?'. You'll be stuck hearing about VRAM for days but hey it changed the subject.

I've used AMD cards for my last few purchases just because they were significantly cheaper than their Nvidia equivalents. Only driver issue I remember was the other week when I went to play Ground Zeroes and I guess I would have had to roll back my driver one iteration to get it to launch. Annoying, but not worth an extra $100 to play Ground Zeroes either. I was too lazy to flip the driver though and just played something else instead, figuring I'll come back to it later.

Not that I give a shit which card anyone owns but the driver thing always seemed overstated to me. Or maybe I'm just really lucky. Guess it's all the same to me.
I use AMD cards as well and the only issues I've had are with Ground Zeroes crashing on startup and Typing of the Dead: Overkill had invisible zombies (This one has been broken for a while now on AMD cards). Thankfully these can be easily fixed by going into the steam forums and grabbing .dll files from previous driver versions and throwing them in the game folder.

I have a 6870 (more than 3 years old now (same windows install too btw)). Never had a single driver related problem.

I use AMD cards as well and the only issues I've had are with Ground Zeroes crashing on startup and Typing of the Dead: Overkill had invisible zombies (This one has been broken for a while now on AMD cards). Thankfully these can be easily fixed by going into the steam forums and grabbing .dll files from previous driver versions and throwing them in the game folder.
I don't think anyone posted about putting the .dll files into the game folder for Typing of the Dead until this year.. so it didn't used to be an obvious fix. The issue dates back to last year or older. The problem with AMD drivers is the solutions for issues either take a few months, or aren't obvious immediately. If you want to play your games day 1 or close to release with the least issues, Nvidia is the best hands down.

I don't think anyone posted about putting the .dll files into the game folder for Typing of the Dead until this year.. so it didn't used to be an obvious fix. The issue dates back to last year or older. The problem with AMD drivers is the solutions for issues either take a few months, or aren't obvious immediately. If you want to play your games day 1 or close to release with the least issues, Nvidia is the best hands down.
This is cag bro. If you are playing games day 1 or close to release you already failed.

So I got an email this morning thanking me for my Gamersgate purchase of Lego Batman Beyond Gotham 3.  Which... I never purchased.  And, when I logged in, already had the Steam key revealed.

They bought it using the Blue Coins in my account which, thankfully, meant they got to buy a whole $1.75 worth of games but if you have a GG account, you might want to change your password.  Also, be on the look out for a totally legitimate copy of Lego Batman Beyond Gotham 3 at a G2A style site near you.

If you want to play your games day 1 or close to release with the least issues, Nvidia is the best hands down.
Yeah, but I've only ever had issues with a single game. As I said, it's not worth the extra hundred bucks I could have paid for an Nvidia card to play Ground Zeroes. Every game I've cared about playing Day One either worked fine on my card or else was shit on every card because it was one of those botched crap launches.

Of course I don't play many "Day One" stuff anyway. But Witcher III worked fine, DA: Inquisition worked fine and Cities: Skylines worked. Oh, and Huniepop!

Yeah, but I've only ever had issues with a single game. As I said, it's not worth the extra hundred bucks I could have paid for an Nvidia card to play Ground Zeroes. Every game I've cared about playing Day One either worked fine on my card or else was shit on every card because it was one of those botched crap launches.

Of course I don't play many "Day One" stuff anyway. But Witcher III worked fine, DA: Inquisition worked fine and Cities: Skylines worked. Oh, and Huniepop!
But you don't even have 1k steam count

Will having the wrong video card keep me from playing Day One Groupees bundle crap? :whistle2:k
You'd be surprised.. LogiGun's (bundled a couple times) graphics were fuck ed up on my AMD card for months. The dev did eventually fix it, but I had issues when I first tried it. Worked fine on most Nvidia cards at the time though.

So I got an email this morning thanking me for my Gamersgate purchase of Lego Batman Beyond Gotham 3. Which... I never purchased. And, when I logged in, already had the Steam key revealed.

They bought it using the Blue Coins in my account which, thankfully, meant they got to buy a whole $1.75 worth of games but if you have a GG account, you might want to change your password. Also, be on the look out for a totally legitimate copy of Lego Batman Beyond Gotham 3 at a G2A style site near you.
Did you use VPN/proxy on GG before? I will check my account, but I would suggest you to contact GG support. I don't know if they can at least revoke the key or/and if you can get Blue Coins back.

I don't believe I've ever used a proxy for GG before*.  I sent support a message about it and asked for a refund; I expect the key will be revoked and G2A will get a bitter tweet in a few days about how come their game doesn't work any longer.

Anyway, the actual damage to me was very minimal since I had less than two bucks in BC for them to spend.  So I don't even really care if I get it back except out of principle.  But I thought I'd pass it along for anyone else to think about.

*Edit: I might take that back.  I think once Lost Planet 3 was some cheap price through the GG.ru site -- maybe used Hola for that.  That was ages ago but maybe the wheels of Russian Mafia Hackers grind slow.

This is a receipt to confirm your order with GamersGate.
Order-id: 144-----
LEGO Batman 3 Beyond Gotham $1.92
Total $1.92
I said $1.75 before, whateve's. Under two bucks anyway.

I see it's $7.50 on the site. I'm guessing RU/CIS pricing?

Hey, guys, if anyone is looking for a good VPN price on Lego Batman Beyond Gotham 3...

Man, if I was at home I'd try the key and see if it had been activated yet.  I could have had cheap Lego Batman!

Idk I got Phantom Pain for $15 so I guess I am doing it wrong
I dont trust any games on PC that come out 2 weeks after a console release...I bet the PC port is gonna suck

Also...Cheaplikeafox. So if you have GCU and want to play a game...might as well get it day 1 since you get it for $38..................

I dont trust any games on PC that come out 2 weeks after a console release...I bet the PC port is gonna suck

Also...Cheaplikeafox. So if you have GCU and want to play a game...might as well get it day 1 since you get it for $38..................
Phantom Pain comes out same day as consoles.

bread's done
Back