Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm also building a new rig. Now that the new Intel processors are out, I can start specing. Nothing crazy, maybe ~$700 for just the tower and guts.

I dont trust any games on PC that come out 2 weeks after a console release...I bet the PC port is gonna suck

Also...Cheaplikeafox. So if you have GCU and want to play a game...might as well get it day 1 since you get it for $38..................
If it's like ground zeroes that is awesome work

wow, just got the newest IG monday bundle and latest Bundlestars, no repeats for me. i feel like i was redeeming my first humble bundle, or not, whatever.

sorry lurkers, not today...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone posted about putting the .dll files into the game folder for Typing of the Dead until this year.. so it didn't used to be an obvious fix. The issue dates back to last year or older. The problem with AMD drivers is the solutions for issues either take a few months, or aren't obvious immediately. If you want to play your games day 1 or close to release with the least issues, Nvidia is the best hands down.
Very true. If money was not a factor, I would have definitely gotten a Nvidia card. I purchased an R9 290 a few months ago for $200 because it was way better then any Nvidia card at that price. So far, I'm loving it!

His hands talk?
GVGiaOz.gif

If anybody has Windows 10, good luck w/ getting going (especially older) games w/ Securom DRM or SafeDisc DRM.

Windows 10 won't run those games, without doing all kinds of fiddling & working-around.

More reasons dev's + pub's need to ditch the non-Steam crap DRM types.

And just stick to either Steam's CEG DRM (if they insist on DRM) or No-DRM period.

Windows 10 is basically a big patch to Windows 8 that just rearranges some UI stuff and puts the apps in separate windows. With rare exceptions you'll just have the same issues with old games that 8 did.

Of course any time a new OS is released some people will go running around and blaming it for everything up to and including causing cancer, but unless you've got some specifics and first hand experience then it's all useless hearsay.

*Edited to add: Read that article. *yawn* It's much ado about nothing. Those games are old as dirt and that DRM is a fossilized relic. Of course that DRM is not going to be updated going forward. If it wasn't Windows 10 it would be 11 or 12 or whatever. It's old and out of date. If the publishers want to keep selling it then it's in their interest to update. If they don't oh well.

It's not worth sticking to an old OS for all eternity for a few old ass games that aren't getting updated to have their shitty archaic DRM removed.

OMG OMG THE SKY IS FALLING
The sky's not falling. RPS does list ways Win 10 users can get around it in some round-about ways, if they really want to go about doing so.

Microsoft has every right to do this. This is their OS and they are doing basically what they did w/ Vista, when they blocked StarForce. SafeDisc + Securom always been known to open up all kinds of security holes w/ Microsoft OS's.

Dev's + pub's really need to release patches for older games for those users; re-release any of these games on Steam w/out Securom + SafeDisc (if they haven't already); and/or re-release games w/ no DRM on GOG (or wherever else).

And for any of those games on Steam w/ 3rd party Securom - i.e. Atari has Alone in the Dark Reboot + TDU2 using this garbage - well, there's no more reason for that DRM to be wrapped around it, especially if they are still selling copies of it on Steam!!! Those deserve an update w/out the crap DRM.

And for any of those games on Steam w/ 3rd party Securom - i.e. Atari has Alone in the Dark Reboot + TDU2 using this garbage - well, there's no more reason for that DRM to be wrapped around it, especially if they are still selling copies of it on Steam!!! Those deserve an update w/out the crap DRM.
Do you think they even care? The dev of those two games doesn't even exist anymore. They probably don't want to pay someone to remove all this because it would mean they'd have to pay money. And why bother if it's not going to make them any cash?

The sky's not falling. RPS does list ways Win 10 users can get around it in some round-about ways, if they really want to go about doing so.

Microsoft has every right to do this. This is their OS and they are doing basically what they did w/ Vista, when they blocked StarForce. SafeDisc + Securom always been known to open up all kinds of security holes w/ Microsoft OS's.

Dev's + pub's really need to release patches for older games for those users; re-release any of these games on Steam w/out Securom + SafeDisc (if they haven't already); and/or re-release games w/ no DRM on GOG (or wherever else).

i hope this continues for 30 pages, so you further unknowingly alienate yourself

Do you think they even care? The dev of those two games doesn't even exist anymore. They probably don't want to pay someone to remove all this because it would mean they'd have to pay money. And why bother if it's not going to make them any cash?
Eden Games might be gone - but Atari still own the IP rights, distribution rights + sells the 2 games on Steam.

If all they have to do is like companies EgoSoft + Larian have done in the past by basically distributing an unwrapped EXE file, how hard can this really be?

They could just leave the Securom DRM files in the folder, but released a unprotected EXE - all will be well. DRM files will be inert + useless, basically just wasting space.

Likely, either Atari themselves or some dev' who has the master-copy unprotected somewhere. They could just pass the unprotected EXE to Atari, Atari goes through whatever procedures to get it onto Steam - all done.

Eden Games might be gone - but Atari still own the IP rights, distribution rights + sells the 2 games on Steam.

If all they have to do is like companies EgoSoft + Larian have done in the past by basically distributing an unwrapped EXE file, how hard can this really be?

They could just leave the Securom DRM files in the folder, but released a unprotected EXE - all will be well. DRM files will be inert + useless, basically just wasting space.

Likely, either Atari themselves or some dev' who has the master-copy unprotected somewhere. They could just pass the unprotected EXE to Atari, Atari goes through whatever procedures to get it onto Steam - all done.
Again. They have no reason to do this. It costs money. And it won't make them any money. This is Infogrames Atari we're talking about. They've been pretty close to being bankrupt multiple times. The only reason they still exist is them selling off most of their valuable IPs.

Also. Egosoft and Larian still exist and are profitable companies. They can afford the cash to fix up their old games and sell them. Infogrames Atari hasn't had a good year in a long time.

Creating an unwrapped EXE isn't as simple as you think. If it was, we'd see lots of cracked Securom games all the time. They still need to either have created one back when they first released the game, or have access to the source code to rebuild the game without the Securom, and there's little chance anyone still has the source code or assets for the game available. And if they still have them, they don't want to spend the money to create the new build for the reasons I've said above.

So, Runic, the creators of the Torchlight series have been off the radar for several years.  Today they revealed...

http://www.hobgame.com/

A multiplatform adventure game for guys, gals, gaming grannies, and social justice warriors everywhere.  Complete with website designed for touch pad devices.  RIP Runic.  Guess it's obvious why Eric Schaefer and Travis Baldree left a while ago.

I don't know who the hell is going to buy this. You can often get a MysterD 4GB VRAM 960 for $200-210 when it's on sale on NewEgg, which is now often packaged w/ MGS5. You might as well buy that for the more VRAM - if you're going to go only NVidia; are fine with 1080p; and don't want to join the $300 3.5 GB 970 club.

2GB VRAM is too little; too many new games require that now. They should drop the price on 2GB 960 - they still have to compete w/ AMD here, who's offering up often better VRAM amounts at the $200 or less pricing. NVidia needs something in-between the 2GB 960 and 4GB 960 - i.e. maybe a 3GB VRAM 960 version.

I don't know who the hell is going to buy this. You can often get a MysterD 4GB VRAM 960 for $200-210 when it's on sale on NewEgg, which is now often packaged w/ MGS5. You might as well buy that for the more VRAM - if you're going to go only NVidia; are fine with 1080p; and don't want to join the $300 3.5 GB 970 club.

2GB VRAM is too little; too many new games require that now. They should drop the price on 2GB 960 - they still have to compete w/ AMD here, who's offering up often better VRAM amounts at the $200 or less pricing. NVidia needs something in-between the 2GB 960 and 4GB 960 - i.e. maybe a 3GB VRAM 960 version.
3GB is not as easily divisible by 2. They need to make 4 cheaper.

So, Runic, the creators of the Torchlight series have been off the radar for several years. Today they revealed...

http://www.hobgame.com/

A multiplatform adventure game for guys, gals, gaming grannies, and social justice warriors everywhere. Complete with website designed for touch pad devices. RIP Runic. Guess it's obvious why Eric Schaefer and Travis Baldree left a while ago.
Damn you, I thought that said "HOBOgame" and I was like "YESSSSSSSSS" then I saw HOB and I was like "Derp".

bread's done
Back