Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Random backlog fact: I have played 3 of my 88 summer sale purchases!
I've played (actually played, not idled) most of my winter sale purchases.

Guild of Dungeoneering - Darkest Dungeon lite. Started brightly but I got very frustrated very quickly when I played last night.

Hand of Fate - slick collectible card take on the FTLroguelike subgenre. I like this a lot. Only stopped playing as there's other stuff to play too.

Undertale - this didn't grab me early on. I need to go back to it and see what the fuss is about. My 30(?) minutes with it didn't grab me at all.

The Masterplan - cross Payday with RTS and you have The Masterplan. Really, really liked this despite nearly talking myself out of it. At 75% off I think it's a steal (pun intended) but it also smells like a likely Humble Monthly/Premium Tier candidate. If you're going to play now, I'd buy now. This is a little gem.

Need to spend more time with Satellite Reign and Convoy before long but overall I'm happy with my brief 10-minute first impressions.

:whee:

REMINDER!

Doctor Doom Team Up (Classic) giveaway in Marvel Heroes today.
Is there any way to trade/sell/otherwise do anything with a second Holiday Groot Team Up? I already had him from last year and thought I would get something different that do but I just got another Groot that I can't use.

Is there any way to trade/sell/otherwise do anything with a second Holiday Groot Team Up? I already had him from last year and thought I would get something different that do but I just got another Groot that I can't use.
I'm still stuck with mine... I thought it was suppose to convert to an ultimate token... but maybe not?

Convert it to ultimate upgrade at Crafter.

Thanks. I already had Doom too apparently so I traded both of my dupes in at the crafter.
Ditto. I'm pretty sure Doom was given out earlier (This holiday season) and then done again for those who missed it... I know mine would have been leveled if he was given out back when I still played.

Don't know if stated already, but for the Red Herring Steam Badge (from MonsterSummerGame group on steam)

• Visit the Ikaruga Store Page in your browser (NOT the Steam client!!) 
  • Type SEARCH on your keyboard. 
  • Followed by the ENTER key on your keyboard. 
  • Type this code in the popup, 1v7531
  • Click OK or press ENTER! 
  • There is your free badge!

Summer Sale 2012? :D/
2012: 1 / 1.

Proof:

74QnKo6.png

Don't know if stated already, but for the Red Herring Steam Badge (from MonsterSummerGame group on steam)

• Visit the Ikaruga Store Page in your browser (NOT the Steam client!!)
  • Type SEARCH on your keyboard.
  • Followed by the ENTER key on your keyboard.
  • Type this code in the popup, 1v7531
  • Click OK or press ENTER!
  • There is your free badge!
Is there any page to confirm it worked... cause I'm pretty sure its not working. (after I type in the code in the popup it just takes me to the "search" search that it thought I had been trying to do.)

Edit: Finally went through... Don't think I did anything different.. but okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer for anyone else that has that happen, it will take you to the badge's page when it works correctly.

I had the same issue (took me to a search results page).  I end up switching browsers to one that doesn't have any extensions installed to get it to work.

Man, who made the crack about Talos Principle and Grim Fandango for Humble Monthly? Spot on good sir.

edit: Also there's probably a couple of people pissed about that Alien: Isolation.

The Masterplan and Castaway Paradise are also calling me, but I'd best wait for the BGCQ Secret Santa to get sorted out first. It's not like these deals are going anywhere.
The Masterplan was $2 the other day.. it was posted on steamgifts, not sure if posted on here.
Thx Madjoki
Motoki bought it, that's the only reason I realized it at first ;)

It seems like the kind of game that'd be in a Humble monthly, so maybe you're better off waiting on it anyway since you're subscribed.
That is actually my biggest worry for this sale. I like the Humble Monthly setup and I'll stay subscribed because, by and large, the titles have been decent quality offerings (let's ignore that I own half of them).

The 5/6 titles I'm looking at are all ripe for monthly inclusion. Can't win. Aaaaargh.

There will be many a sacrifice this sale.
The Masterplan - cross Payday with RTS and you have The Masterplan. Really, really liked this despite nearly talking myself out of it. At 75% off I think it's a steal (pun intended) but it also smells like a likely Humble Monthly/Premium Tier candidate. If you're going to play now, I'd buy now. This is a little gem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Well the reddit source for Alien Isolation was wrong about it being in this bundle, but hey.. I was right about The Masterplan!
Well they just went by the image and the fact that the bonus game for one month was usually in the previous month's bundle, but Humble mixed things up to be crafty.

Guys, if Motoki or SSP subscribe to the Humble monthly, it's a good sign that it'll suck. Fair warning!

They're my new magic 8 ball

On a positive note....I can now checkout with my steam cart knowing that none of the crap in it was in the January monthly.

Man, who made the crack about Talos Principle and Grim Fandango for Humble Monthly? Spot on good sir.

edit: Also there's probably a couple of people pissed about that Alien: Isolation.
that was a low underhanded tactic by HB. They tried to boost their Jan sub by "mistakenly" reveal it and make ppl think that Alien Isolation will be in the bundle. Look like a few fell for it

that was a low underhanded tactic by HB. They tried to boost their Jan sub by "mistakenly" reveal it and make ppl think that Alien Isolation will be in the bundle. Look like a few fell for it
Pretty much. They got me to Moran two months in a row in under 24 hours.

I did manage to sell off my extras though in this month. And that mushroom game looks interesting which I hadn't heard of it before.

They're mystery boxes are kind of expensive-ish by bundle standards but at least it's stuff that has some value and demand and isn't Poopees level crap.

this month HB is full of indie crap that will be re-bundled again in the future Jumbo bundle.  I would have go for the Feb one but Alien Isolation stressed me out so much when I played at my friend's house.  It wasn't even horror to begin with.  Just sheer stress...

I rather play Metal Gear Solid

I decided to wait until next month because of Alien: Isolation. I was going to subscribe my wife's Humble Account to the monthly.

Frozen Synapse worth $2.49?
Not really. It's been bundled.

Phew, trade thread is flooded now with humble monthly regrets lol. I think Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is a lock for Feb and other coop games too since valentines day.

Ugg I was tempted into the Alien Isolation hint.......least Fistful of Gun, Talos Principle and Cloud 11 are on the wishlist....I regret picking up Grim Fandango Remastered....now getting it again, and also free on PS+ this month.....

Thoughts on Armello and Endless Legends would be appreciated! My gaming budget is incredibly tight this year and I am seeing a metric buttload of games from every genre in my cart and backlog except a good deep strategy or board game. Both games are out of my budget and I have told myself til now I wont let myself spend that much....but man are these types of games just harder to come by and more expensive for the good ones right now!

I have watched reviews on both and am just really on the fence. I think I am leaning Endless Legend but only because I know its price wont get much cheaper where Armellos will. Thats just that CAG in me though!

Edit - Open to and welcome other suggestions too, especially if cheap!

Get endless legends. It's nice to play a 4x where the different groups are truly different. Having a story for each race is nice too. Couldn't tell you anything about armello though.

Armello is not buy or paypal locked on Nuuvem at all so you can get it cheaper there. It's about $10 now but it's not on sale there, that's just the exchange. It was on sale a little bit ago that brought it down to around $7.

Armello is not buy or paypal locked on Nuuvem at all so you can get it cheaper there. It's about $10 now but it's not on sale there, that's just the exchange. It was on sale a little bit ago that brought it down to around $7.
Thanks for the tip. Do you get a steam key when you buy it though?

If they've done the two-pack thing like with other Frozen games, might be able to find someone with a spare they'll give away/sell cheaply. If not, there is also FS Prime, which seems pretty similar from what I've seen, which was also bundled and gave two copies so should be able to find some really cheap/free.

If they've done the two-pack thing like with other Frozen games, might be able to find someone with a spare they'll give away/sell cheaply. If not, there is also FS Prime, which seems pretty similar from what I've seen, which was also bundled and gave two copies so should be able to find some really cheap/free.
Yeah I've got a copy of FS Prime sitting in my inventory if you want it. Don't think it was as good as the first but I gave my extra copy of that one away a while ago.

bread's done
Back