Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is it bad that this made me laugh out loud?

It felt like... I'm looking at a bunch of grade schoolers going GRRR GUYS I'M SO EDGY. WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME. MOMMA THINKS I'M EDGY!!!111!!11
Agreed. Don't really get why people are worked up about this one way or the other.

Is it bad that this made me laugh out loud?

It felt like... I'm looking at a bunch of grade schoolers going GRRR GUYS I'M SO EDGY. WHY WON'T YOU BELIEVE ME. MOMMA THINKS I'M EDGY!!!111!!11
It will be in a bundle before xmas! Then we can all feel like we are teenagers from the 90's who watched the crow more than we should have.

It will be in a bundle before xmas! Then we can all feel like we are teenagers from the 90's who watched the crow more than we should have.
Or listened to too much NIN.

And that trailer... joke's on Grimdark Trenchcoatpants, he can't burn my "surrounded by possessions gathered" cuz they're in the cloud. :D/

Also, it looks like I have reason to start logging my owned games again. This... is going to take a while.
Oh wow. I completely forgot that was a feature of CAG. I haven't edited that list in at least a few years... and I'm not going to update it now. Not after I've increased my backlog by 928%. :nottalking:

It's both interesting and kind of stupid that when you change your username your collection name doesn't change as well.

And now you have to go to someone's profile page to PM them? <facepalm>

So that crazy Hatred game has a new trailer
After watching the trailer I'm disappointed they didn't go with the title, Hatred: Kill It With Fire!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they fix what was broken with the collection feature in 3.0? It was so long ago I forgot but it's what made me stop using it. I'll stick with Backloggery for now.

Poor Dino D-Day. Free weekend and 90% don't rate a mention on the storefront, let alone CAG.
d0a6c434c6.jpg

New Humble Weekly (Made In Spain) is very strong. I got the non-BTA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
I'm half-tempted to pay $1 for Nihilumbra but I'll probably pass as well.

Still don't have un-epic - but I'm certainly not interested in it for $10.

Also - not a huge fan of this site's redesign. But I hate most change so I expected to feel this way.

I guess I should be happy that it didn't change more than it did? I dunno.

Looks like Hatred will be about $20ish.  I'm assuming preordering from their website will get you a Steam key:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85027636&v=Pa8sQb9nb7w

Did they fix what was broken with the collection feature in 3.0? It was so long ago I forgot but it's what made me stop using it. I'll stick with Backloggery for now.

Poor Dino D-Day. Free weekend and 90% don't rate a mention on the storefront, let alone CAG.
d0a6c434c6.jpg
Was hoping the DLC would be on sale too...but only 50% off... I'll pass yet again. I enjoyed this game when I played it a few years back.

Looks like Hatred will be about $20ish. I'm assuming preordering from their website will get you a Steam key:
Not necessarily. Now that it's been classified as Adults Only (even the trailer makes note of this so I'm assuming that means they're not going to cut anything) I'm not sure if Steam is going to allow it on their service.

Wait, what universe is this?
It speaks to me.

Not necessarily. Now that it's been classified as Adults Only (even the trailer makes note of this so I'm assuming that means they're not going to cut anything) I'm not sure if Steam is going to allow it on their service.
If they allow stuff like Honey Poop I can't imagine they wouldn't allow this... especially given how many copies it will sell.

New Humble Weekly (Made In Spain) is very strong. I got the non-BTA.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
I've been really disappointed in the January bundles. I had high hopes that some popular games would squeeze out the last bit of money they could from the Winter sale and then hop into some bundles.

Yet again, a bundle comes back to bite me anyway though. I probably paid more than the beat the average just for Deadlight alone on Amazon during the fall sales.

What the heck is up with that ten buck tier? Isn't it usually some game that's not been discounted much before? Both those games have been heavily discounted in the past.

Looks like Hatred will be about $20ish. I'm assuming preordering from their website will get you a Steam key
Preordering from their website will give them your information and is more likely to get you brutally murdered by a misanthropic weirdo in a dirty trench coat than it is to get you a Steam key.

Oh good. For some reason I wasn't getting anything to pop-up earlier. Just tried it now and it works. Bizarre.
John's been actively making site changes throughout the day. I'd imagine things will continue to change here and there for a little while still.

Preordering from their website will give them your information and is more likely to get you brutally murdered by a misanthropic weirdo in a dirty trench coat than it is to get you a Steam key.
So, you're saying there's still a chance...

If they allow stuff like Honey Poop I can't imagine they wouldn't allow this... especially given how many copies it will sell.
Yeah, but Huniepop is unrated I believe. Or at the very least the version Steam sells would be the M-rated version.

Hatred, on the other hand, has already been classified as Adults Only (which I think is incredibly silly). Since it's sticking with that rating there's a chance Steam might not carry it.

I might play hatred if it gets bundled.  I've secretly always wanted a video game where I could be Danzig and go on a killing spree.

Always meaning ever since I saw that trailer and immediately thought of Danzig.

Deadlight - 0YLK9-5KBXH-Y72RI

I don't care for pixel piracy personally.  It doesn't feel right to me.  And I didn't care for unEpic either.  Are the lower tier games worth it though?

One is a point and click which is right up my current game taste alley...

Looks like Hatred will be about $20ish. I'm assuming preordering from their website will get you a Steam key:
I want this game, but I'll have to see how the Steam gods rule on this. If no Steam them I would prefer to get it from Amazon or Gamersgate or another place I feel will be around longer than this dev. If Steam then I feel it'd be ripe for a bundle. Indie Kick Face Nut could use it as a comeback headliner for their new bundle.

Every time I click on my Avy in the top right corner to find my followed content I get 86'd. I don't want to have to wonder around CAG (or the OP of this thread) to find the 2-3 threads I frequent. 

This update sucks.

Yeah, but Huniepop is unrated I believe. Or at the very least the version Steam sells would be the M-rated version.

Hatred, on the other hand, has already been classified as Adults Only (which I think is incredibly silly). Since it's sticking with that rating there's a chance Steam might not carry it.
Yep. Its also worth noting that Hunie Pop in its "vanilla" form direct purchased from Steam is not like it is when its completely uncensored, which a user has to do on their own by downloading a file. Granted, that file is advertised in a sticky in the game's Steam forum, but Steam doesn't sell that "version".

Its really uncertain right now if Hatred will make it onto Steam as an AO game.

On the Hatred forum, one of the Devs said it will come with a "Steam or Desura key as well as non-DRM" (pp), but he didn't make clear what would happen if they didnt make it onto either service. I dunno if they can sell Steam keys and just not make it for sale on Steam, but still have it available on the service.

The exact dev quote is:

"You will have an option: Steam key, Desura Key etc and a DRM-free digital download.
icon_e_smile.gif
We will send it to everyone who paid in a few weeks."

I want this game, but I'll have to see how the Steam gods rule on this. If no Steam them I would prefer to get it from Amazon or Gamersgate or another place I feel will be around longer than this dev. If Steam then I feel it'd be ripe for a bundle. Indie Kick Face Nut could use it as a comeback headliner for their new bundle.
Well, it's been Greenlit so I assume they'd allow it. Especially after initially taking it down then putting it back up. I suppose the AO rating could technically be an issue but it would appear Valve has already passed on vetoing the game. Otherwise they'd have never put it back up.

Well, it's been Greenlit so I assume they'd allow it. Especially after initially taking it down then putting it back up. I suppose the AO rating could technically be an issue but it would appear Valve has already passed on vetoing the game. Otherwise they'd have never put it back up.
I don't know why everyone is so optimistic about it. I don't know of a single AO rated game on steam.

Huniepop had to put a toned down version on Steam. Don't know how you tone down this game.

I know a lot of people don't like the guy but TB said that the game could have been brought back to greenlight as a pr choice and now that it's an AO game they now have the reason they need to remove it legitimately and without any chance of real backlash.

Well, he's obviously not dead. Has he beat it? Is it in remission at least?
Oh I thought you were being sarcastic. Um I don't know he looked much better in the podcast. Whenever he talked about it in any of his episodes it was mostly just him apologizing for being absent or putting up videos late. He may have said more about it on his twitter feed but I don't twitter I just watch his WTF is series and sometimes the podcast.

Edit: I googled it just now and came up with this.

https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/status/522063426429145088

Last edited:
It passed Greenlight and that whole brouhaha over it being removed and put back was before the ESRB delivered their rating. The PEGI rating is 18+, but obviously Steam will use ESRB ratings before that. It just remains to be seen at this time.

I think they will likely end up doing something like Hunie Pop, where the version sold on Steam is censored and then they provide a way to uncensor it.

It passed Greenlight and that whole brouhaha over it being removed and put back was before the ESRB delivered their rating. The PEGI rating is 18+, but obviously Steam will use ESRB ratings before that. It just remains to be seen at this time.

I think they will likely end up doing something like Hunie Pop, where the version sold on Steam is censored and then they provide a way to uncensor it.
turn the blood black or grey

simple

So, my Lego Marvel GS order that I mentioned last week during GatoutofhellGate about its status finally switching to closed after a year...is now back open.

GameStop Employee of the Month: AshotP

bread's done
Back