Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If you have Aerena (was in Be Mine 11).

Game went F2P after leaving early access, but it's getting re-released as a new paid game.

Contact devs to get a free key: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/622955136048884698/

- We will give keys for the new version to everybody who spent any money in Aerena (DLC or ingame purchases), just drop us a mail to [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script> with the subject free upgrade key for [ingame name] and include a log file (so we can confirm your ownership of the account. Find the log file her: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Aerena\game_Data named: output_log.txt ). We also need your steam ID if you bought a DLC, you can find this by opening your profile page, right clicking on some empty space on it and select: COPY PAGE URL and then paste it into the mail. We will start that process next week and count all purchases until January 25 (yes I am aware of the possible loophole this creates, another little goody for the existing player base)

If you have Aerena (was in Be Mine 11).

Game went F2P after leaving early access, but it's getting re-released as a new paid game.

Contact devs to get a free key: http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/622955136048884698/
Does "early access player" mean who can get 4/8 cards ?

edit: "We will start that process next week and count all purchases until January 25".

too late or that means purchased DLC/item before January 25 ?

double edit:should be available now. You must download game to play and get that URL like developer said.(to confirm you are early access player.)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/622955136048884698/#c611696927914301451

triple edit: It was in "indiegala Every Monday 2" too, that's early access key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does "early access player" mean who can get 4/8 cards ?

edit: "We will start that process next week and count all purchases until January 25".

too late or that means purchased DLC/item before January 25 ?

double edit:should be available now. You must download game to play and get that URL like developer said.(to confirm you are early access player.)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247830/discussions/0/622955136048884698/#c611696927914301451

triple edit: It was in "indiegala Every Monday 2" too, that's early access key.
Purchased before 25th. check DLC list for "Base founder's pack".

Probably because I don't know who would actually want that game.
I ended up getting this game since it was on sale. It's actually pretty engrossing. Think Batman Arkham Asylum with Rome mythology and fatalities. Yup, that pretty much sums up this game, and it's WAY better than what reviewers gave it credit for.

Been away for a few days. Excited to backlog Nilihumbra. That's about it.

These format changes of CAG are just disorienting. Kept on clicking on my avatar in order to edit my profile only to find out it only logs me out. 

I have the site zoomed in to 120% to reduce eye strain. This was me trying to read the forums yesterday:

hErRq9y.jpg

Apparently some people are selling Down to One for 2.5-3 keys but they say the game is marked with  red !

Anyone know what that means and what the risk of the game getting locked is?

So here comes the first (of many) to jump on the match-3 bandwagon... and this one won't even hurt your whore feelings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCeb-aagqg8

In that GMG sale, there's a couple games at decent prices if you've been looking to semi-Fakeybro one of them. W/the code, Beyond Earth and Borderlands TPS are 24 bucks, Alien Isolation is 20, and Sleeping Dogs Definitve Edition and Lara Croft/Osiris are both 8. 

I'm sure somebody will quote this and be like "yea but if you got it on Nuuvem w/a special code only obtainable through a Russian trader during a 3 hour window where you could dupe the site you could've gotten it for like 1 dollar cheaper, dumbass" but whatever

Hmmm. I still have a giftable copy in my Steam inventory (from redeeming my Groupees key I assume). I wonder how they determine purchase date if I send it to someone now since the Jan 25 deadline has passed?
I'm in the same situation, never felt like infecting someone with the game, lol

Hmmm. I still have a giftable copy in my Steam inventory (from redeeming my Groupees key I assume). I wonder how they determine purchase date if I send it to someone now since the Jan 25 deadline has passed?
Do they absolutely require the log file? I think that the gift recipient wouldn't be able to show one that they could use since it would be past the date right?

I'm not happy with "new" CAG on my phone.The mobile view is the same as the desktop view and life has lost all meaning. My balls itch.

I'm sure somebody will quote this and be like "yea but if you got it on Nuuvem w/a special code only obtainable through a Russian trader during a 3 hour window where you could dupe the site you could've gotten it for like 1 dollar cheaper, dumbass" but whatever
You tell those potential trolls.

I fired up Aerena just to get my log file, and ended up kind of having fun. I just played three rounds (the tutorial), so I can't speak to the depth or how robust the singleplayer game is. I think I may give the upgraded version a try since it's not based around the F2P model.

Do they absolutely require the log file? I think that the gift recipient wouldn't be able to show one that they could use since it would be past the date right?
I don't think it mentions anything about the date other than the creation date of the log in the properties of the actual file. I just emailed them with my fresh log file and my Steam profile link and told them if they needed verification that I purchased before Jan. 25th, I'd provide it. We'll see what happens.

If you've idled it for cards before two weeks ago, you should be good because it'll say on your profile (X amount of playtime in the last 2 WEEKS/Overall Playtime).

Edit: Here's mine, for example.

Aerena
0.1 hrs last two weeks / 2.8 hrs on record

Played through the first episode of "Life Is Strange". Very engrossing. Strong characters, interesting intro to the story. The time change mechanic is a bit awkward, but I can see how it will be useful and it was integrated fairly well. Story is a bit Twin Peaksish which I really liked. Good soundtrack too. Next episode is in March. I think this has the potential to be a good game.
How long/short was Episode 1 for you?

Tomorrow I'm doing a live stream for the Naomi House charity again. I'll be playing a lot of local multiplayer games so let me know if you have any suggestions. Current games planned are Gang Beasts, WWE Smackdown, Trials Fusion, Timesplitters 2 and more.

Start Time

Time: Saturday 31 January 1:30pm GMT (My Timezone)
Stream link: http://twitch.tv/whosgamingnow

How to Donate

Donation with PayPal / Card: http://www.justgiving.com/nerds
If PayPal won't show, you need to select GBP as the currency for it to appear.

Giveaways will be on the stream and anyone who donates (minimum £2/$2/€2) will have more chances to win.

Please tell me your WGN and Twitch username when donating.

I fixed the link. It may be Mass Effect too. I know I've heard it before. He goes into it properly at 27 minutes grandiose epic style.

In that GMG sale, there's a couple games at decent prices if you've been looking to semi-Fakeybro one of them. W/the code, Beyond Earth and Borderlands TPS are 24 bucks, Alien Isolation is 20, and Sleeping Dogs Definitve Edition and Lara Croft/Osiris are both 8.

I love this so much. There's a certain point where convenience trumps price, and this is definitely it. #lazyassgamer

yea but if you got it on Nuuvem w/a special code only obtainable through a Russian trader during a 3 hour window where you could dupe the site you could've gotten it for like 1 dollar cheaper, dumbass

p.s. what russian 3 hour window? is that a new trick to get around region lock?

I love this so much. There's a certain point where convenience trumps price, and this is definitely it. #lazyassgamer
Oh, please. Entering a coupon code, signing up for a newsletter or trading some keys is nothing compared to those console lunatics where you have to drive to a Wal-Mart to photograph a price tag then go to three Best Buys to find one with an 85 year old woman at the register who'll let you price match after arguing with the manager and fighting a minotaur so you can use your GameKlub points to get Darksiders II for $32 instead of $35.

How long/short was Episode 1 for you?
I got 2 hours out of it. However, I found out when I finished it that there was a lot more I could've done. There were some characters I didn't talk to and a lot of pictures I didn't take. I'm definitely going to do that before the next episode drops. I imagine had I done every little thing in episode 1, it'd have been closer to 3 hours.

On a side note, my PSU burnt out last night. I promptly flipped out, but luckily it took nothing else with it. I went and got a new one this morning and am back up and running. That PSU was a bit older so its not a surprise, but man, that was no fun.

Hmmm... A small request for anybody who might be able to help. I'm interested in picking up the Sleeping Dogs definitive edition from the GMG sale. As I live in Korea for work, at the moment, the key that GMG will sell me restricts the game to only being played here (while the NA key can be played anywhere). I got burned before on this with Temple of Osiris.

Anyway, I was hoping I could talk one of you fine gents who's in a region that can pick up the ROW or NA key from them to pick it up and I'll send paypal (with a tip, if you'd like). If you're able to help, PM me!

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Thanks to spoderman for helping with this, and BobbyTastic, Steve05, and Neuro5i5 for offering to help. I'm leaving this message up, because damn am I impressed with this community. 4 people offering to help within 45 minutes is incredible. CAGs always look out for each other, and I continue to be impressed with the members of this site. Well done, guys.

p.s. what russian 3 hour window? is that a new trick to get around region lock?
Yes but you have to be doing a headstand DIRECTLY on the prime meridian at 27.2 degrees latitude otherwise it WON'T work, also it needs to be a full moon and you have to make sure do NOT and I mean DO NOT hurt the Russian trader's whore feelings!

bread's done
Back