Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh god, let's not get into another AMD vs. Nvidia debate. That's like arguing over which MLP character is the best; no matter your stance, you're still not having sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, let's not get into another AMD vs. Nvidia debate. That's like arguing over which MLP character is the best; no matter your stance, you're still not having sex.
lol hear hear. brand loyalty is for suckers. regarding the witcher3: one reviewer said the combat is pretty much assassins creed now. that took it down to my "wait till its under $10" category.

Can anyone who has Valkyria Chronicles tell me how long it took to start getting the cards? This shit has been running for over an hour (and a half) now and nada.

edited

YBX87 is dead on about the suckatude with amd drivers. There is only a beta driver for Win 8.1 to fix an issue where the screen goes black after an extended period of non-use and not even an act of God can revive it without putting it into sleep mode first and bringing it back from there with the power button. Unique to certain processor and graphics card combinations which made it real fun to track down the cause. I want to say the beta driver is fairly recent too.

Can anyone who has Valkyria Chronicles tell me how long it took to start getting the cards? This shit has been running for over an hour now and nada.
I don't know if it's just the games I had to idle but all my cards have been coming slow as snails for the last day.

Never had a problem running stuff on my AMD, never had problems running stuff on the Nvidia I had before it. People just want to self-comfort that they spent a couple hundred dollars in the right place, I guess.

Witcher 3 reviews I'm reading now admitted faults in Witcher 2 which absolutely none of them did at the time. That game got just as much love as Witcher 3 now gets and I didn't understand it for 2. Won't fool me again.
Yeah, Witcher 2 was a good, but flawed game. I think it gets some undue praise simply due to the fact that it's developed by cdpr, although it does do choices and consequences probably better than any game on the market.

That said, given the improvements from Witcher 1 to Witcher 2, I'm hoping Witcher 3 makes comparative improvements. I did enjoy both games, despite coming away with the impression that they're severely overrated.

Giving away:

1 Copy of Tiamat X

1 Copy of Unhack

2 Copies of 1Quest

Forgot about this old daily indie game bundle. Quote with what you want. If no one takes them in a hour and a half or so I'll let them loose to the lurkers.

Edit: All gone enjoy!

Giving away:

1 Copy of Tiamat X

2 Copies of Unhack

2 Copies of 1Quest

Forgot about this old daily indie game bundle. Quote with what you want. If no one takes them in a hour and a half or so I'll let them loose to the lurkers.
Tiamat X

EDIT: Thanks!

Giving away:

1 Copy of Tiamat X

2 Copies of Unhack

2 Copies of 1Quest

Unhack please.

Giving away:

1 Copy of Tiamat X

1 Copy of Unhack

2 Copies of 1Quest

1 Quest please. Thanks in advance. So very kind of you.

Your Kung-Fu is strong.
Especially since that's it was only in obscure ass bundles that almost no one bought so even most regulars who have nearly everything don't have it. :p

I only knew it got keys from when Soulkyo posted and I'm a mod in the group that tracks keys being added. Heck even out regular mod that catches new additions like 90% of the time before anyone else does didn't catch this one.

So yeah, some strong Spoder Skillz there.

Your Kung-Fu is strong.
So yeah, some strong Spoder Skillz there.

I have begun to suspect that there are multiple ppl behind that spoderman account. To play game and spoder at the most opportune moment.

SuperiorTeamUp9_banner-590x200.jpg

BoxesWithGuns - A7C5H-KMN2Y-63RTH

The graphics in the screenshots hurt my eyes....it's all yours. Also I had no idea I bought that DIG bundle myself. I just got an email saying Tiamat X Steam keys were available and I'm like OK? Then I look, and i'm like shootemup FTW. Some other Steam keys say thanks if you want.

Aaaru's Awakening - 67GZM-9950I-M6W5B

Dark Scavenger - 5CNPI-8I3QK-C4XYZ

Fabula Mortis - 57N5V-27BMB-9WFT0

Fly'n - KPHFJ-Y5B5H-HZGBQ

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold - G38DB-7MHMQ-R9R2L

Will Fight For Food - 5DIRY-4ICLH-PTR22

MYLR6-RWE0B-4VWPW

VKR3A-KCR62-5Y0AV

LVKID-I2ZXJ-Q2G79

HI8VM-PZXZ6-I8E6K

4YFY0-6AQ6F-H6PGZ

YYZ6Z-GLXLP-5AB6A

ZK0ZT-TXGWY-PQP7A

ZDQ23-HR6EM-GBCQH

Z0I5Y-59Q0D-D23LN

ZZLZY-GW0TC-CCKKG

Z9TD0-66LIB-LJA4Q

ZV9TD-L7HRC-QDD0X

ZJIG2-JBY90-VWGFE

YX9E8-LDJQ7-WPA3J

Z6TF7-DN33W-X32G2

MYLR6-RWE0B-4VWPW

VKR3A-KCR62-5Y0AV

LVKID-I2ZXJ-Q2G79

HI8VM-PZXZ6-I8E6K

4YFY0-6AQ6F-H6PGZ

YYZ6Z-GLXLP-5AB6A

ZK0ZT-TXGWY-PQP7A

ZDQ23-HR6EM-GBCQH

Z0I5Y-59Q0D-D23LN

ZZLZY-GW0TC-CCKKG

Z9TD0-66LIB-LJA4Q

ZV9TD-L7HRC-QDD0X

ZJIG2-JBY90-VWGFE

YX9E8-LDJQ7-WPA3J

Z6TF7-DN33W-X32G2
ah fuck.. first time I got on right when Carl posted his list of code and all of them are Grass Simulator and Sky Battle (which I got)

Thanks anyway

hey guys,

So I forced myself to play through the Witcher 1 for 2 hours now to catch up on the story but the experience was intolerable... SO FAR (the k/m on combat is clumsy, the inventory just blows and the gameplay is run of the mill).  Do you think I can just read the story recap online and skip straight to the Witcher 2 w/o missing on anything?

Thanks

P.S. the intro was still one of the BEST cinematic intro I've seen

hey guys,

So I forced myself to play through the Witcher 1 for 2 hours now to catch up on the story but the experience was intolerable... SO FAR (the k/m on combat is clumsy, the inventory just blows and the gameplay is run of the mill). Do you think I can just read the story recap online and skip straight to the Witcher 2 w/o missing on anything?

Thanks
That's what I am doing I am watching the cutscenes from the 1st one and will play the 2nd once

hey guys,

So I forced myself to play through the Witcher 1 for 2 hours now to catch up on the story but the experience was intolerable... SO FAR (the k/m on combat is clumsy, the inventory just blows and the gameplay is run of the mill). Do you think I can just read the story recap online and skip straight to the Witcher 2 w/o missing on anything?

Thanks

this is what I did

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXfW2LWK3m4[/media]

hey guys,

Thanks

FWIW That game was made for the PC and the keyboard mouse controls. Unlike the later ones, it's not consolized. So that's not the reason you finding the combat clumsy on the keyboard and mouse. It's just different than mostly everything else out there (except that old obscure Summoner RPG Volition made) and as such it a really controversial thing that a lot of people instantly hate and give up on. The old Ys I & II 'bump' combat is another case like that where it's just so radically different than what most people are expecting that they hate it and give up.

It does take some getting used to. At very first I was also WTF about W1 combat but after I while I got used to it and came to really like it. It's all timing based so keep that in mind. You do have to have some patient and learn to get the timing and flow down and it may take some time but once you do it's almost second nature.

Of course you can also just go OMG THIS SUXXX!!! and Youtube it too. :p

The first one is my favorite. I didn't care for the second with all that dodging and rolling and crap and I did try to give it a chance multiple times, but you'll probably feel the reverse. Most people do. I'm weird.

My master plan for Witcher 3 is to not give a shit about what happened in 1 or 2 and assume that I'll figure it out as I go along.  I doubt that they made a giant open world RPG in the Skyrim or DA:I model and won't provide sufficient exposition.

My master plan for Witcher 3 is to not give a shit about what happened in 1 or 2 and assume that I'll figure it out as I go along. I doubt that they made a giant open world RPG in the Skyrim or DA:I model and won't provide sufficient exposition.
You can do that too because honestly even if you start with the first game there's a shit ton of back story from the novels some of which haven't even been officially translated into English yet. So yeah, if you really wanted to start from the beginning it would take some effort and hunting down fan translations and all that biz.

Obviously they want to sell to as many people as possible so if they have any sense (then again this is the GOG people we are talking about here...) they'll start with a good jumping off point and then leave some NPCs to give some expository dialog if you really want to go digging. Even the first game did this with the backstory from the novels.

It seems like the main draw of W3 dark Polish extra dark atmosphere walking around in muck, people being ugly and cussing and hookers and monsters and all that jazz anyway.

Its actually really easy to get caught up on plot for the Witcher games...the Witcher 1 plot is relatively intricate, but can be summed up pretty quickly. Witcher 2 I think is severely overrated for it's story telling. If you look at it it feels as if essentially absolutely nothing happens throughout the whole game. It really felt like a whole bunch of filler to me. The hard part of the Witcher games is getting accustomed to the lore and learning and remembering all the characters because there are a ton of them.

So the gameless Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Gold Edition just got price matched on Amazon to Best Buy's $4.97 price. It has an artbook, map and little chibi figure it seems.
91P7AJJPvzL._SL1500_.jpg
Figured I'd post this here for anyone like me who has Prime (free ship no min) and some Amazon credit from Bing or whatever just sitting because the PCDD deals suck.

Also, I like this excuse someone posted in the thread.

Thanks, got it. Eh, I buy a lot of games and never play them so they basically just saved me the trouble of feeling guilty about it.
Works for me, although technically I did own the game for a few days. DAMN YOU GAMERSGATE!

da fuq.. game-less package?

as in there's no game in the package?

it's like coming to Cheap Ass Drug Addict site and tell them to pay good money for a drug-less goodie bag.. :drool:

so what happen to the actual game? someone took it off and sold it separately on the grey market or something?

Daily Deals
80% off Prison Architect - $5.99 (other packs/DLC also 80% off)

Daily Deal
70% off Hunter's Trophy 2 Australia - $5.97
70% off Hunter's Trophy 2 America - $5.97
70% off Hunter's Trophy II North America - $5.99

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
90% off A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 Dual Pack (Steam) - $1.49
85% off AI War: Destroyer of Worlds (Steam) - $0.74
85% off AI War: Fleet Command (Steam) - $1.49
85% off Bionic Dues (Steam) - $1.49
85% off Skyward Collapse (Steam) - $0.74
85% off Skyward Collapse: Nihon no Mura (Steam) - $0.44

da fuq.. game-less package?

as in there's no game in the package?

it's like coming to Cheap Ass Drug Addict site and tell them to pay good money for a drug-less goodie bag.. :drool:

so what happen to the actual game? someone took it off and sold it separately on the grey market or something?
It was just always like that. At least in North America they had the CE stuff separated out into its own package and then you just buy whatever platform you want the game on, console disc, PC Digital or whatever and then get your swag junk separate.

I actually kind of like the idea. A few times I've wanted to uber Fakeybro and go whole hog and get some crazy collector's edition (don't judge!) but then it sucks because you're waiting for some damned box to get to you that has your game key in it and meanwhile your friends are posting feed pics like 'wish you were here'.

Anyway this way they only need to make one set of physical junk and then people can just buy the game however and where ever they want.

Daily Deals
80% off Prison Architect - $5.99 (other packs/DLC also 80% off)
That "Name in Game" thing is genius. I've never played the game, God only knows if I ever will, I'm sure there's 15,000 named dudes and the chance of me ever seeing mine is 0.5% and yet I still think "Hey cool, I could have a named guy for four bucks!" It's dumb as hell but part of my brain still wants to do it.

I mean, I've already named two living breathing children but who the hell cares about that? VIDEO GAME PRISONERS are where it's at!

bread's done
Back