Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
prOCosB.jpg

Anything good on sale?

re: witcher3 downgrade. i recall that several of the early screenshots where labeled (clear as day) as mock-ups. so i really can't see where all the outrage is coming from. game still looks pretty good.

I just finished A Story About My Uncle ... crap name, great game. You have to do some major Spiderman style swinging moves in the last levels, it got really tough there. I almost said " fuck it! I don't want to find my Uncle anyway. He's a douche for leaving his family and he always gave me really crappy Christmas gifts" but I persisted and after finally making it through an extremely difficult series of ice caves sure enough I found Uncle Fred. I guess he was eating ice, I dunno how else he had survived so long down there.

It's a very unique game, it's kinda like Portal mixed with Spiderman. It's definitely fun, when you get the hang of swinging around with your crystal powered grapple glove some of the moves you'll make getting to the next platform are exhilarating and you get great satisfaction (and relief) in making it to the next checkpoint.

The achievements are kinda tough on the game. Even though I finished the game, and it was very challenging to do so, I only ended up with 1 of 15 achievements. I guess I could replay the levels for cheevos, trying to complete levels with less grapple moves and without falling, but as a wise woman once said ... "Ain't nobody got time fo dat"

I'd give it an 8.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
re: witcher3 downgrade. i recall that several of the early screenshots where labeled (clear as day) as mock-ups. so i really can't see where all the outrage is coming from. game still looks pretty good.
Most people are talking about the 2014 gameplay video vs actual release video.

http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/the-witcher-3-gameplay-reveal-2013-trailer-versus-2015-build-comparison-shows-downgraded-visuals/

http://i.minus.com/ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

VS

http://gifyu.com/images/W2475ee.gif

Geralt tearing through the swamps is a lot less incriminating than that Derp Alien gif from A:CM

So if this guy is some world renown Witcher and presumably fought all sorts of nasties in W1 & W2, how come he's still level 1 and has trouble fighting five dogs at once in W3?  :whistle2:k

oh gotcha. i stopped looking at preview videos after the darksouls2 lighting "downgrade". i realize that game production is a moving target and i wanna enjoy a finished product without bias. it's also why i never play betas.

I want some hot takes from the fakeybros who bought witcher 3. Thoughts so far, and is the combat improved from witcher 2?
It crashes very smoothly on my system, after a brief glimpse at a black screen. A witcher medallion appears in my taskbar while Windows informs me that "The Witcher 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem."

I'm not sure that helps very much, but you're welcome.

I just finished A Story About My Uncle ... crap name, great game. You have to do some major Spiderman style swinging moves in the last levels, it got really tough there. I almost said " fuck it! I don't want to find my Uncle anyway. He's a douche for leaving his family and he always gave me really crappy Christmas gifts" but I persisted and after finally making it through an extremely difficult series of ice caves sure enough I found Uncle Fred. I guess he was eating ice, I dunno how else he had survived so long down there.

It's a very unique game, it's kinda like Portal mixed with Spiderman. It's definitely fun, when you get the hang of swinging around with your crystal powered grapple glove some of the moves you'll make getting to the next platform are exhilarating and you get great satisfaction (and relief) in making it to the next checkpoint.

The achievements are kinda tough on the game. Even though I finished the game, and it was very challenging to do so, I only ended up with 1 of 15 achievements. I guess I could replay the levels for cheevos, trying to complete levels with less grapple moves and without falling, but as a wise woman once said ... "Ain't nobody got time fo dat"

I'd give it an 8.5/10
The correct form is:

8.5/10 Would Dive into my Uncle's Dark Cave Again

It crashes very smoothly on my system, after a brief glimpse at a black screen. A witcher medallion appears in my taskbar while Windows informs me that "The Witcher 3 has stopped working. Windows is searching for a solution to this problem."

Wow that sounds great!

Pretty obvious the game is 2 Hot 4 U and the game's built in maturity filters are preventing it from running. My suggestion is you grow some chest hair, drink some whiskey, and lose your virginity and then you'll be ready for a man's RPG.

I want some hot takes from the fakeybros who bought witcher 3. Thoughts so far, and is the combat improved from witcher 2?
Geralt controls like a tank with the mouse and keyboard. I can't help but feel that this iteration was designed with the heavy influence of console control schemes in mind. I'm not a big fan of 'wheel interface' on PC games, but I'll have to live with it or use my X360 controller.

Graphics are a letdown. I feel that the Witcher 2 had a better atmospheric feel to the game than this one so far. Hopefully it'll prove me wrong as I play it more.

Horse is cool, his name is roach. I especially like how if you're on a road you can just hold the spacebar and it'll just follow the road without you having to do anything else. Inventory system is your traditional PC RPG inventory; better than Dragon Age 2/Inquisition's.

My initial impression of Witcher 3 -- I only got as far as the first town and some independent wandering -- is that it looks and plays like an open world fantasy game.  Looks pretty enough (I didn't play the former games to get invested in any grimdark atmosphere) and I beat up some wildlife and collected a bunch of weeds and flowers.  I haven't seen anything yet to set it apart from Skyrim or DA:I... except for butts.

Controls felt a little twitchy and I keep overshooting things that I want to open/collect/examine.  I need to remap the controls because I hate playing things with WASD controls and then being asked to twitch press the ALT or CTRL keys which are currently being completely covered by my orangutang-like palms.

Had I paid full price, I'd probably be disappointed.  As is, I'll keep trucking along and wait for the hook.

I thought Capcom publisher sale still had another 30 minutes left - already over? :(
I think it ended yesterday even though it was supposed to last until today according to the countdown over the weekend. At least Remember Me ended early, I know that for sure.

Always wanted to start playing a MOBA close to its launch before the community gets good at it. Gives me a chance, because I suck so bad at them.
Speaking of that, Heroes of the Storm hits open beta today, I think. I like it, little easier to get the hang of and not as crazy in-depth as DOTA 2 or LoL.

Geralt controls like a tank with the mouse and keyboard. I can't help but feel that this iteration was designed with the heavy influence of console control schemes in mind. I'm not a big fan of 'wheel interface' on PC games, but I'll have to live with it or use my X360 controller.

Graphics are a letdown. I feel that the Witcher 2 had a better atmospheric feel to the game than this one so far. Hopefully it'll prove me wrong as I play it more.

Horse is cool, his name is roach. I especially like how if you're on a road you can just hold the spacebar and it'll just follow the road without you having to do anything else. Inventory system is your traditional PC RPG inventory; better than Dragon Age 2/Inquisition's.
I have no major problem w/ DA2's and Inquisition's Inventory system as lists and all, but I do have a minor issue.

Why the hell is the text/font so damn big for DAI on 1920x1080?

Can I get some smaller text options here?

I really wanna scroll up + down forever here.

The forum ate the link, as usual, so just go to Newegg and look for PPSSTADYBPHNRH to see all the games on sale.

I really wish uplay worked as well for me as steam and origin so i could work up a little enthusiasm for sales like this.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger, Rocksmith 2014, and South Park: The Stick of Truth are Steam keys.

Hooray, Cities: Skylines patch came out! Though all I know is it has tunnels and European building or something (piss poor internet means trying to read patch notes and download is incredibly hard). 

Mostly posted now because the headlines Polygon and Kotaku went with are kind of lolz imo:

"Cities: Skylines update adds tunnels are more for free but will break some mods."

"Cities: Skylines patch adds tunnels, may disable some mods." 

really? OMG tell me more about this crazy idea of patches breaking mods! I can't believe it. I imagine their Witcher 3 release articles must have been: 

"Witcher 3 comes out today, but if you didn't pre-order you'll have to buy it to play it."

Alright, found the full patch notes, excited to check it out now that is downloaded. They added a bunch of European themed building, 3 new maps to go with the theme, road and rail tunnels, and ability to build metro tunnels at different levels (kind of surprising that wasn't included, considering they had that way back in Cities in Motion 1), the full notes:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/content-update-1-1-0-is-live-on-retail.856707/

Only thing I disagree with, they got rid of land cruise ships! I want some land cruise ships =(.

Speaking of that, Heroes of the Storm hits open beta today, I think. I like it, little easier to get the hang of and not as crazy in-depth as DOTA 2 or LoL.
play strife. it is even easier the hots. it literally hold you hand with tips all over ui in game

Why the fuck would you post a neotard link which contains benches stolen from another site? Why not just link directly to said site or any dozen or so real sites ran by tech professionals that benched it days ago instead SJW tree hugging euro shitlords?
too lazy

Shame you don't have that same attitude with your idiotic daily crap hardware deals. Is this the steam thread or YBX87's newegg advertisement and fellatio service thread?
if you are so against it, i won't post it any longer

bread's done
Back