Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm playing Nisha. I played some of the other characters before settling on her. I usually like playing Zero types (edit: sniper, mordecai etc.). Below is the Skill tree path I set for her.
Nisha is crazy. If you like Mordecai, have you tried The Baroness? She's built for sniping and has a nice neutralizing frost attack, not unlike Bloodwing.

Nisha is crazy. If you like Mordecai, have you tried The Baroness? She's built for sniping and has a nice neutralizing frost attack, not unlike Bloodwing.
Baroness wasn't released when I started playing... so maybe on a second play through I will get the DLC and try her.

Oh yeah, Nisha is crazy. I love her character. The things she says.

The only thing I've bought from this Steam sale is time in a padded room ...

my current "Monster Game" ....

90002.jpg

lol @ forum drama.

Who'd you pick to start off with? To me, the real stars of BL:TPS are the playable characters -- they managed to create a few that are very fun to play. They're also very complimentary, so it's almost more important than ever to play with friends. Having a Claptrap in the group can be pretty funny (and powerful) and The Baroness has a nice synergy with other characters.
I chose Athena, since she's a recognizable character from the original game and seemingly the main character in this one. I wasn't sure I wanted to hear Claptrap talk even more than usual...but I might switch since I'm not much of a fan of her skill set. It says she's an assassin who uses a sword, but I'm not seeing any sword or assassin skills. Her shield is nice for blocking damage, but it sucks as a weapon. Not a fan of Wilhelm's robot drones skill, although I would like to see how he becomes Wilhelm in BL2 since it's presumably the same character?

I'm playing Nisha. I played some of the other characters before settling on her. I usually like playing Zero types (edit: sniper, mordecai etc.). Below is the Skill tree path I set for her.
Ooh, I might switch to her. I played as Zero and Mordecai in my first run-through of the other games. Can she dual wield like she does during the intro? I ended up using legendary pistols for most of BL2.

Last edited by a moderator:
out of everything from e3 i am most excited for animal crossing: interior designer
God damn it! You just made me want something I didn't know I wanted for a system I don't have. :bomb:

*goes back to playing Castaway Paradise Facebookish Animal Crossing knockoff game to get over the angst*

I really kind of want Borderlands TPS but i dont really want to get sucked into that skinner box again. Last time I booted up a borderlands game i had just quit my job and played 150 hours in about three and a half weeks. Also i feel like if im gonna play borderlands I want to try out another character in BL2, really want to play krieg. 

Ooh, I might switch to her. I played as Zero and Mordecai in my first run-through of the other games. Can she dual wield like she does during the intro? I ended up using legendary pistols for most of BL2.
Yep, You can dual-wield ...there is also a glitch which I haven't tried yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3SUmI8n_zU

Haha.. Gone Home is 88 percent off at $2.39.  It might finally be priced for what content you get.  (might)

Of course, all CAG will be over that anime game.  Because anime.  Sweet 25% off deal on perpetual alpha Overgrowth.  Eight years in development with no end in sight!

Grrr, now I get to resist buying PhantomBreaker all over again.  I just did this a couple weeks ago.  Curse you Gaben!  :fist-shake:

Steam feature deals:

- 75% off shit you already bought three years ago.

- 30-50% off shit you didn't already buy three years ago.

- 75% off bundle fodder.

- 33% off Early Access games that will never be finished.

- 90% off $1 indie flops.

I try to be objective but I've yet to see one deal this sale that, even if I wasn't interested in the game, that would make me say 'holy crap, now that's a nice deal.'

Okay now you definitely sold me, gonna change over to Nisha. I've only done about five missions as Athena anyway.

People paid over $25 for Borderlands Presequel? Is this CAG?!?!?
It's worse than that. I bought it for Xbox 360 for $12.99.

The one good thing about consoles is that they release content-on-disc GOTY versions of games, so you can buy it used, bring it home, install all of the DLC, and then return it and get your money back. Like hell I'm paying any actual money to play as characters they couldn't bother putting in the actual game.

Space lesbians, yay
Space lesbians from the 90s.

Actually be shocked if their new game does well, possibly even shocked if it gets good reviews. Seems most of Gone Home's praise boiled down to:

• Nostalgia (Space does not have Nostalgia, as far as I'm aware)
  • "Unique" gameplay (arguable how unique it was but w.e., anyways what it did has be repeated enough times now to not be unique anymore, if it was at all
  • Lesbians (technically more the story, but seemed that was mostly due to lesbians. Fail to see how it was that great a story)

Steam feature deals:

- 75% off bundle fodder.

I try to be objective but I've yet to see one deal this thread that, even if I wasn't interested in the game, that would make me say 'holy crap, now that's a nice deal.'
This is pretty much spot on

Why would anybody buy that Kentucky Route Zero at this point?  Part 3 of 5 came out over a year ago.  Part 2 was a  year before that.  Apparently you get a whole 5 or 6 hours of gameplay from the first 3 chapters.  12.49 for a short game that might not be done for years?

Must be some dude in his basement making the game because Telltale knocks out episodes that are an hour or two of gameplay in like a month and a half.

Why would anybody buy that Kentucky Route Zero at this point?  Part 3 of 5 came out over a year ago.  Part 2 was a  year before that.  Apparently you get a whole 5 or 6 hours of gameplay from the first 3 chapters.  12.49 for a short game that might not be done for years?  When it gets finished in like 2017, give me a call.  :D

Must be some dude in his basement making the game because Telltale knocks out episodes that are an hour or two of gameplay in like a month and a half.

Steam feature deals:

- 75% off bundle fodder.

I try to be objective but I've yet to see one deal this thread that, even if I wasn't interested in the game, that would make me say 'holy crap, now that's a nice deal.'
Or shit like Chroma Squad that went from 10% off to 15% off. I get that it's a new-ish release but an extra 5%? Really?

Steam feature deals:

- 75% off bundle fodder.

I'm going to put on my SadPanda mask.. so bear with me.

I know the current flash deals are weak, but overall the sale is a lot more solid than the last 2 summer sales. We've gotten a lot more variety with dailies/flash deals and the milestones from the monster summer game have been much better than the shitty community votes. Hell, there's 2 games I'll probably buy from the current set of milestones when they go live (Dreadout/Astebreed). Usually at this point you'd see a few sales repeated, and I don't think I've seen any at all. If there have been any, I haven't noticed, which is a good thing IMO.

I think Valve has learned from the last 2 summer sales and improved on pretty much everything except for the inconsistent card drops.

Or shit like Chroma Squad that went from 10% off to 15% off. I get that it's a new-ish release but an extra 5%? Really?
Yeah that's been all too common these last few sales. It's to the point where I'll just ignore everything but a handful of games I anticipate. Maybe preorder FO4 and the new (S)Hitman if good prices are to be had at GMG. The money is a wash since I'm obviously not spending any during Steam sales.

Yeah that's been all too common these last few sales. It's to the point where I'll just ignore everything but a handful of games I anticipate. Maybe preorder FO4 and the new (S)Hitman if good prices are to be had at GMG. The money is a wash since I'm obviously not spending any during Steam sales.

I know the current flash deals are weak, but overall the sale is a lot more solid than the last 2 summer sales. We've gotten a lot more variety with dailies/flash deals and the milestones from the monster summer game have been much better than the shitty community votes. Hell, there's 2 games I'll probably buy from the current set of milestones when they go live (Dreadout/Astebreed). Usually at this point you'd see a few sales repeated, and I don't think I've seen any at all. If there have been any, I haven't noticed, which is a good thing IMO.

I think Valve has learned from the last 2 summer sales and improved on pretty much everything except for the inconsistent card drops.
The variety is there, I'll give you that. Numerically speaking, though, the deals are as mediocre as ever. Still... you buy trashy games so it's hard to judge.

Steam feature deals:

- 75% off bundle fodder.

I can't stand all the EA games that get featured, but honestly bundles spoil a lot. If not for bundles something like 3 bucks for spelunky you'd see everybody buying it, but nobody will because it's bound to be bundled. Same with Dust. And Gunpoint. Same with 99 cents for system shock 2...its been bundled. Also nuuvem spoils it for people. Payday 2 four pack comes out to 3.75 a person, which is a pretty good deal, but i bet people got that from nuuvem. Say what you want, but Steam can't compete with bundles and buying from foreign countries for a discount.

Also have to remember the people on this site are collectors who own like 95% of the titles on Steam that are worth owning (in addition to owning a lot of titles that aren't worth owning at get sold for 3 bucks for a pack of 8 on groupees) excluding the most recent releases.

Basically I wonder how steam sales are perceived by people who don't log onto a cheap video game site everyday.

the milestones from the monster summer game have been much better than the shitty community votes.
I will give you that the community votes did indeed suck and people are stupid, but the clicker game outside of unlocking more sales is a lame glitchy hamster wheel to nowhere.

It doesn't let you hunt for a chance at a cheap price at obscure games that never go on decent sales, it doesn't give a chance at getting a free game or getting extra bonus DLC for games. It doesn't give you an excuse to play the games you already own. All it does is basically lemming copy the latest fad that's got everyone playing some pointless half baked free game instead of games they actually paid for.

I miss Summer Camp, where you could exchange tickets for games and DLC.

Don't forget to buy DMC4 SE at $19.99 MSRP. Or better yet, buy DMC4 SE and DMC3 SE for $29.99 even though DMC3 SE is $4.xx.

That was actually a cool promo and one that wasn't abused like the coal fiasco.
Couldn't you abuse it by using Sam to unlock achievements to get tickets? It wasn't abused anywhere near the same extent, but it was abused IIRC

bread's done
Back