Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh fuck me, I forgot to get Rayman Origins yesterday thinking it would be around for 2 days, not realizing it was part of a flash deal (24 hours).

That deal is never going to happen again, is it? All I can do is hope the Rayman games are part of the encore deals.

If you already own AOEIII, then, no, it isn't. You should just get the base game and get the Humble Weekly and sell off your extra Psychonauts and COH keys.
Humble was the first thing I went over and checked after I saw AOE offered. E3 offer is kaput.

Oh fuck me, I forgot to get Rayman Origins yesterday thinking it would be around for 2 days, not realizing it was part of a flash deal (24 hours).

That deal is never going to happen again, is it? All I can do is hope the Rayman games are part of the encore deals.
I've it on good authority that it will be part of a Humble $15 tier, then be removed from the store all together.

Steam even says that games going for a deeper discount after you bought them is a legitimate reason to refund so you might as well.
Yep. Just applied for the refunds. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to be processed? Not sure if I should buy the DLC again (if I even can) or if I should wait for the refund to come through...

should i get new vegas ultimate or fo3 goty
Both and use the Tale of Two Wastelands mod. (Fallout 3 causes a lot of headaches in Windows 7+ so it's better to just use that mod and play Fallout 3 inside of New Vegas...it's what I'm doing on a replay of both games right now in fact)

edit: Also, for anyone wanting to buy either or both, you definitely want the GOTY/Ultimate editions as you never know when a mod will require some piece of DLC. (same goes for the Elder Scrolls games)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Just applied for the refunds. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to be processed? Not sure if I should buy the DLC again (if I even can) or if I should wait for the refund to come through...
I've heard some people have gotten theirs within 10-20 minutes and others have taken days.

If you can only get one then get Fallout New Vegas.

It's way better than Fallout 3 in virtually every aspect (more interesting story and characters, more replayability with four different endings, better gameplay, etc). I like Fallout 3, but it's just way too bland compared to New Vegas.

Both?

If not, New Vegas Ultimate because there seems to be a problem with FO3 where it cant be played on an operating systems with Windows 7 or greater.
FO3 works on Win7 (see above about Win8.1) but it doesn't play nice with multicore processors. It's an easy fix but it's bullshit that Bethesda never fixed this themselves.

Both are good games. I liked New Vegas better because I liked the story more but FO3 has a larger world with more openness to it.

If you get New Vegas, I recommend the mod to remove the numerous annoying invisible walls.

It says a week for the the refund, but I dunno how long it actually takes. I put in for and got mine granted yesterday (it took about 2 hours to get approved) but the funds dont come back immediately and are not back yet.

Just buy the DLC again at the new discount once its removed from your account. It won't take long to be approved and removed.

The story of Fallout 3 was great to me, but New Vegas has it beat in gameplay in my opinion.  I also liked the New Vegas DLC way better.  They added the ability to make and break down ammo, which I appreciated.  The one thing they added in New Vegas that I hated with a passion is called a Cazador.  It's a mutated insect that will wreck your day. (especially at early levels)

anyone play among the sleep and have a opinion? Future bundle fodder or something that is worth it at the current price?
It was already in a Mac Store bundle with Real Myst and 8 other games recently for $4.99.

Stranded Deep looks like one of those "Feature" deals with no deeper discount. I'll wait a little longer with the hope it might flip to 50% off.

It says a week for the the refund, but I dunno how long it actually takes. I put in for and got mine granted yesterday (it took about 2 hours to get approved) but the funds dont come back immediately and are not back yet.

Just buy the DLC again at the new discount once its removed from your account. It won't take long to be approved and removed.
Yeah, already re-purchased the DLC. Given the refund rules, there's no reason I shouldn't be approved, so I'll chance it.

It was already in a Mac Store bundle with Real Myst and 8 other games recently for $4.99.

Stranded Deep looks like one of those "Feature" deals with no deeper discount. I'll wait a little longer with the hope it might flip to 50% off.
Damn, all of those were Steam keys? Someone needs to start posting Mac Store bundles.

Relatively weak Steam deals today...and no unlocks....why play that game today? (I did unlock 2 cards for doing my usual leveling up to a certain point). I may get nekopara since I can convert it to the Adult version...and cat girls...what the heck. Really weak % off though.

If it has to be one of the two, I prefer New Vegas to FO3, primarily for the story(ies). FO3 I enjoyed though, but often ended up spending most of the time just wandering the world. FO3 does have my favorite town in all of the new games so far though, Megaton (also liked the opening for 3 over NV but that's incredibly minor).

Was half tempted by Stranded Deep but all the reviews say that it's pretty shallow. Easy to get to a comfortable point and then there's nothing much to do. If it was five bucks I'd probably go for it but not as is.

Relatively weak Steam deals today...and no unlocks....why play that game today? (I did unlock 2 cards for doing my usual leveling up to a certain point). I may get nekopara since I can convert it to the Adult version...and cat girls...what the heck. Really weak % off though.
Funny how that works. One day is awful for some and great for others. Today was my day. Xenoverse seriously stomped on my wallet and the rest of the cart killed it. I don't do the whole Gabenbux thing, so that one hurt.

As for the card drops, it's weird how we all seem to get different results. The last two days (maybe 3) the game has handed me two cards the second I joined a room.

I may get nekopara since I can convert it to the Adult version...and cat girls...what the heck. Really weak % off though.
Looked at that, not that I'd buy it at the current price but still, and ehh, didn't like the cat girls they had in the pictures. Did however learn from the pictures that apparently a big difference between a underquilt and a bed cover, so it's...educational?

Here's the thing about those adult content games:  You'd better have something else good about your game like storyline or something, because the adult content is generally freely available on the net.  I could give you 5 bucks, OR I could google it for free.  (and most everybody else will be the same way)

I have no problem with them adding adult content to games if the game is already great.  Heck, there's tons of nudity in the Witcher 2, but it's a tiny offshoot of what's a great game.  (not the main selling point like some of the steam games)

0.0 I just finished my wishlist of 30 games and somehow ended up with 61 games. I only have 37 games that I will actually play in my favorite folder. The other games came in a bundle. 

This is my first steam summer sale, and I would probably finish my pc build by next week. So far I spent about $140. 

Yeah, looks like they changed back again. I was going to buy Goat Sim right away, then the price changed.

Someone tell me that Age of Empires Legacy Bundle is a good idea at $8.24. I bought AoE III Complete on GFWL when it was 10 cents a number of years ago. =\

Uh...

Try using the key from that? Age of Empires III Complete retail keys activate on Steam now.
I also got that deal from GFWL years ago, but since GFWL was shut down I can't find any purchase history or games library in my Microsoft games / XBox account. I did have a serial key for AoE III on GFWL saved in a google doc, so I tried activating that in Steam but got an invalid product code message.

Uh...

Try using the key from that? Age of Empires III Complete retail keys activate on Steam now.

Edit: Still no good badge. Sigh. :(
It was on sale on the now-defunct GFWL Marketplace, and I don't have it installed. Is there still a way to redeem it through that? I don't recall getting a key, just the license for the game, but I'd be willing to do some file system digging to get it for free. Witcher-style free.

Amazing Spider-Man 2... I would pick this up for $5. I loved swinging around in the first one.
I played both recently (rented and played on my 360 via gamefly [free-trial] based on Spoder and some others warnings that it ran like shit on PC). ASM1 was the far better game. ASM2 was meh to me and felt really unfinished and completely without direction.

Swinging is the only thing I felt they improved in ASM2 (you actually use both triggers to move and can 'direct' yourself around street corners a bit better.)

Other than that, there were a couple decent boss-fights - that's about all that I can say that was good about it.

Not the worst game in the world, but nowhere near as fun, polished, or coherent as the first.

It was on sale on the now-defunct GFWL Marketplace, and I don't have it installed. Is there still a way to redeem it through that? I don't recall getting a key, just the license for the game, but I'd be willing to do some file system digging to get it for free. Witcher-style free.
You can see *a* key in the GFWL client but when I tried it wasn't the right format to redeem on steam. Mine was 25 characters and steam says it accepts 15 character keys for the retail version.

Thought spoder said that it was super buggy and a bad port.
It is. I actually asked Naked Snake Eyes if he had any issues with the Steam version a while ago but he said he couldn't remember lol. If you can deal with the constant crashing it might be worth playing for Spider-Man fans though.

You can see *a* key in the GFWL client but when I tried it wasn't the right format to redeem on steam. Mine was 25 characters and steam says it accepts 15 character keys for the retail version.
Yea, my key was also 25 characters. I think I copied and saved it from the purchase history in the old GFWL browser-based account.

If you can deal with the constant crashing it might be worth playing for Spider-Man fans though.
I'm a spidder fan.

It's not
Agreed, ASM1 I'd consider to be pretty damn good. ASM2 - while I finished it - I constantly wondered why I kept playing it. I told myself there was probably a good payoff at the end. There wasn't. I felt like I had wasted my time (just like the ASM movies actually!).

[ I also consider myself to be a fan of the Spider-Man ]

It is. I actually asked Naked Snake Eyes if he had any issues with the Steam version a while ago but he said he couldn't remember lol. If you can deal with the constant crashing it might be worth playing for Spider-Man fans though.
I don't remember that. I didn't have any problems with the first game and I've never played the second game. The performance wasn't always great with the first one though, it would drop under 60 a lot when swinging but I still had the time of my life. I'm sure it crashed a few times but nothing excessive, not enough to leave a lasting impression. Not saying it was a great game but it worked and the swinging felt so good. Steam says I played it for 14 hours, I would have guessed it was more.

Pissed about the Resident Evil franchise Pack.  It's still sitting at 60% and is more expensive than buying the games individually.  I expected it would be reduced as well and I could finally get these damn games at about 5 bucks each. 

The amazing spider 1 is generic but functional

The amzing spider 2 is crap.. pure crap

Don't encourage Activision to keep pumping out cash-in title like these.  It's insulting to the Spiderman franchise and a dis-service to its fans

bread's done
Back